Reference: Museums: Cultural
|This category in other languages:|
- The British Schools Museum - Buildings tell the story of elementary education in Britain from 1810 until 1945. Includes classroom exhibits, a visitor's guide, directions and a map. Located in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
- Catalina Island Museum - Founded in 1953 to collect, preserve and interpret the cultural heritage of the area. Includes details of exhibits, events, hours and admission. Located in Avalon, California, United States.
- Culinary Archives & Museum - Devoted to the preservation of culinary arts and hospitality history. Features cast iron ranges and stoves, American foods, menus, cookbooks. Located in Johnson and Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Delta Cultural Center - Museum in the Arkansas Delta offering a look at the culture of a unique region through its music, people and traditions. The Delta Cultural Center's Delta Music Documentation Project is an active project focusing on Blues and Gospels deep roots in the Delta. Located in Helena.
- Dublin Writers Museum - Features a history and celebration of Irish literary life.
- Dunblane Museum - Established in 1943 in a building dating from 1624 and features many exhibits concerned with the ecclesiastical history of the area. Includes a visitor's guide, photos, and a research facility. Located in Perthshire, Scotland.
- End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center - Preserving culture and educating the public about the history, heritage, and spirit of the people at the end of the Oregon Trail. Located in Oregon City, Oregon.
- Exploris - Interactive museum. Features calendar of events, information on exhibits and staff.
- Father McDyer's Folk Village - Features a cluster of six small cottages that recreate a different era of Irish history - from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. Includes details of the furnishings, a craft shop and tea room, and directions to the location in Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Ireland.
- Fowler Museum at UCLA - Collections comprise more than 150,000 ethnographic and 600,000 archaeological objects representing prehistoric, historic, and contemporary cultures of Africa, Asia, Oceania, and the Americas, past and present. Includes hours and free admission. Located in Los Angeles, California.
- Horniman Museum - Features three main collections, world cultures, natural history and music. Includes details of displays, opening times, facilities and directions. Located in London, UK.
- Indiana State Museum - Explore exhibits of art, science and culture. Includes details of the galleries, an events calendar, programs, information about the Legacy Theater, memberships, and a visitor's guide. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum - Exhibits feature history of organization from its beginning to present times. Includes opening hours, admission fees, directions. Located in Geneva, Switzerland. [French, German and English].
- Lyman Museum - Exhibits the cultural and natural history of Hawaii. Located in Hilo.
- Mathers Museum of World Cultures - Collections, exhibits, events, programs, and store. Located in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Minster Rural Life Museum - Events, exhibits, gallery, and general information. Located in Ramsgate, United Kingdom.
- The Museum in Docklands - The story of London, river, port and people. Located in London.
- Museum of Central Finland - Specializing in cultural history, serves both as the town museum for Jyväskylä and the provincial museum. Features prehistoric and ethnological items, archives and library. Includes hours and location.
- The Museum of English Rural Life - Reflects and records the changing face of farming and the countryside through collections of objects, archives, photographs, film and books. Includes details and a map to the location in Reading, UK.
- Museum of Folklore Antwerp - Collection of objects related to Antwerp's popular culture, with an emphasis is on the lives of ordinary people. Located in Belgium.
- Museum of London - World's largest urban history museum with 1.1 million objects. Includes details of collections, hours, events, current and future exhibitions, admission fees, membership, educational programs and directions.
- Museum of Northern British Columbia - Features displays of Northwest Coast human and natural history from the end of the last ice age to the 20th Century. Includes details of exhibits, programs, fees, hours, memberships and directions. Located in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada.
- Museum of Sahara - A collection dedicated to Saharan nomads, offering an insight into their daily life throughout the centuries.
- Museum of Sex - Dedicated to the exploration of the history, evolution and cultural significance of human sexuality, advocating open discourse and striving to present to the public the best in current scholarship unhindered by self-censorship. Located in New York, New York.
- The Museums of Los Gatos - Features art, history, and nature exhibits in two historic buildings. Contains a newsletter, details of the exhibits, events, and classes, a membership form, hours, an admission policy, and directions to the location in Los Gatos, California, United States.
- National Museum of Funeral History - A museum of 19th and 20th century funerary history in the United States. Online collections and membership information, and gift shop. Located in Houston, Texas.
- The Old City Cemetery: Cemetery Museums - Information and images for the Chapel and Columbarium, Pest House Medical Museum, Hearse House and Caretakers' Museum, Station House Museum, and the Mourning Museum. Located in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- The Peace Museum - Dedicated to the curation of peace related art and artifacts, its mission is to motivate adults and children to achieve creative solutions to violence. Located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Reading Public Museum - Offers collections of art, science, and civilization, and a planetarium. Contains details of the collections, events, memberships, volunteer opportunities, hours, admission rates, and directions to the location in Reading, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Republic of Texas Museum - Dedicated to preserve the heritage of the Republic of Texas historic period and to educate the public about the history and culture of that era. Includes hours, admission fees and photos. Operated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas in Austin, Texas, United States.
- Shetland Museum - Contains culture, archaeology, maritime and textile displays. Includes details of exhibits, projects, photographic archive and newsletter. Located in the UK.
- Southern Food and Beverage Museum - Nonprofit organization, dedicated to the discovery, understanding and celebration of the culinary heritage of the South, plans its opening in New Orleans, Louisiana in June, 2005. Provides membership details, press releases, and events.
- The UCM Museum - Features memorabilia, folk art, homemade inventions, a miniature animated town and gift shop. Includes hours, admission and directions. Located in Abita Springs, Louisiana.
- Whanganui Regional Museum - Features indigenous and exotic species of extinct, endangered and common birds, mammals, reptiles, fish, insects, plants as well as rock and mineral specimens and extensive collections devoted to human history. Includes hours, admission fees, events, programs and services, and directions. Located in New Zealand.
- Wick Heritage Centre - Collection features artifacts, memorabilia and over 60,000 photographs that interpret community life. Includes details of buildings and exhibits, hours, admission and directions. Based in Caithness in Northern Scotland.
- Women's Museum - Exhibits celebrate the women's movement, women in the arts, sports, and science. Includes details of the collection, events, education programs, memberships, volunteer opportunities, hours, and admission fees. Located in Dallas.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web