Regional: Asia: China: Society_and_Culture
|This category in other languages:|
- Asianinfo.org: Chinese People - Summary of the government's policies on family planning, family life and the status of ethnic minorities in the country.
- British Council - Includes information on learning English, British culture and Anglo-Chinese relationships.
- China Development Briefing - Journal for the China aid community, including articles, searchable database of NGOs and job and event noticeboards. Recent issues by subscription only.
- The Chinanet Project - Furthering understanding between China and the U.S. Includes Quicktime videos of life in each country, music broadcasts, discussion board and voice chat.
- Chinese Farmer's Calendar - Includes dates of festivals and information on baby gender selection and lucky name selection.
- Chinese History and Culture - A pro-Chinese summary of the country's cultural history.
- Chinese Lunar Calendar - Conversion using either time zone or city longitude.
- Chinese Lunar Calendar - Astronomical Programming - Discussion of the relationship between the Chinese and Western calendars, with related data.
- Chinese Wedding Customs - Information on traditional and contemporary practices in China and Hong Kong.
- East West Dialogue - Essays on aspects of Chinese and Western history and philosophy, focusing on their shared features. By Robert Trout.
- Essence of Chinese Calendar - Explains the rules of Chinese lunar leap month and the Stem-Branch system.
- Ling Lung Women's Magazine 1931 to 1937 - Digitized images of nearly all issues of this magazine which was published (in Chinese) in Shanghai in the 1930s. Featured articles on fashion, interior decoration, pop psychology, and new careers; and also advice columns on love, sex, and marriage, as well as lavish illustrations of local and Hollywood celebrities.
- LunarCal - Charityware program which calculates the dates of major Chinese festivals for the years 1900-2060.
- Lunarcal - Perpetual Chinese Lunar calendar program for 1900-2060. Calculates Chinese New Years and major festival dates. Exact moon phases shown.
- Mandarintools: Western-Chinese Calendar Converter - Converts between the traditional Chinese lunar calendar and the Western calendar.
- Ron Gluckman - Articles on various aspects of the country by a Hong Kong-based reporter.
- The Theory of Chinese Lunar Calendar - Includes leap lunar month and the difference between astronomical calendar and civil calendar.
- Voice of China - Information about various aspects of the country, with pro-government political material.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web