Society: Issues: Violence_and_Abuse: Elder: Nursing_Home
- Aged Care Crisis - Independent advocacy organization focusing on abuse and neglect in Australian facilities. Includes a list of sanctions, research articles, guides, checklists and statistics.
- Beyond the Golden Years - A legal infomercial dealing with nursing home neglect. Refers potential prospects generated by this infomercial to local lawyers who have joined their organization.
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform - History of past citations, complaints and deficiencies related to elder abuse and neglect for all California nursing homes. Also providing legal updates and attorney referrals.
- The Coalition to Protect America's Elders - Florida organization dedicated to nursing home reform to prevent elder abuse and neglect. Includes a list of Residents Rights.
- Commitment to Care: A Plan for Long Term Care in Ontario - Offers changes in monitoring nursing homes and public accountability such as unannounced inspections, a public website to report problems, and protection for whistle-blowers. [PDF]
- Elder Abuse in Nursing Homes - The California Attorney General discusses Operation Guardians, a unique multidisciplinary facility inspection program. Gives elder abuse prosecution data from 1994 to 2003.
- Elderly Abused at 1 in 3 Nursing Homes - ABCNEWS.com Report - Reports of serious physical, sexual and verbal abuse are numerous among the nation's nursing homes, according to a congressional report released on July 30, 2001.
- Elderly Locked up at Nursing Home - Asahi Shimbun Report - Despite repeated warnings, a local nursing home continues to lock elderly residents in their rooms or strap them to wheelchairs.
- Foundation Aiding The Elderly (FATE) - Nonprofit organization helping patients who are victims of neglect or abuse in nursing homes. Includes consumer information on selecting a facility and filing a complaint.
- Kansas Advocates for Better Care (KABC) - This non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention of elder abuse and neglect in nursing homes offers comprehensive information for professionals and consumers.
- National Citizen's Coalition for Nursing Home Reform - NCCNHR offers publications, fact sheets, advocacy tips, federal laws and regulations focused on abuse/neglect prevention. Includes government policy and legal updates.
- National Nursing Home Watch List - For each state, list of nursing homes on the Watch List indicating severity of warning based on history of actual harm and immediate jeopardy.
- Neglected to Death - STLtoday.com 2002 Report - Comprehensive series of articles on preventable deaths in U.S. nursing homes by St. Louis Post Dispatch investigative reporters Andrew Schneider and Phillip O'Connor.
- Nursing Home Abuse Increasing - CBS News.com Reports - These investigative reports discuss the high rate of abuse and neglect and review examples of corruption in the long term care industry.
- Nursing Home Deaths: GAO November 2004 Report - Arkansas Coroner referrals confirm weaknesses in state and federal oversight of quality of care. Includes recommendations from the United States Government Accountability Office. [PDF]
- A Perfect Cause - Advocacy organization for disability and elder rights in America. Includes a comprehensive study of sexual offenders in nursing homes.
- Protecting Seniors from Bedsores - Describes pressure ulcers development with a focus on prevention. Includes photographs of decubitus ulcers.
- Scott A. Sanok, Esq. - Offers information on abuse in a nursing home setting and residents rights. Includes a series of news articles and streaming videos.
- Shortcomings in Efforts to Protect Residents from Abuse - United States GAO testimony of Leslie Aronovitz before the Special Committee on Aging, U.S. Senate (March 2002).
- US Government Accountability Office Report on Nursing Homes - According to this extensive GAO December 2005 report, challenges remain in insuring high-quality care and resident safety despite increased oversight. [PDF]
- Why Some Elderly Attacks Go Unnoticed - ABCNEWS.com Report - A congressional committee's findings indicate that elderly abuse cases are often not reported to police or disregarded altogether.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web