Society: People: Women: Women's_Rights
|This category in other languages:|
- Guerrilla Girls
- A group of women artists, writers, performers, film makers and arts professionals who fight discrimination. Schedule of appearances, art archive, profile and interview.
- American-Romanian Partnership for Gender Equality - This organization supports programs developed and implemented by Romanian NGOs designed to eradicate the violence in Romania.
- Animus Association - Bulgaria - A non-governmental non-profit organisation created to help women, children and adolescent victims of violence.
- BC Coalition of Women's Centres - Taking action for equality and human rights for women in British Columbia, Canada.
- Bernice Sandler - A veteran of women's rights struggles offers resources on topics such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, and discrimination against women faculty and students on college campuses.
- Bora Laskin Law Library: Women's Human Rights Resources - Extensive reference library on women's rights.
- Brenda's Resource Center - A site dedicated to discussing women's issues worldwide, and issues related to the spiritual journey of gays and lesbians.
- Caribbean Association for Feminist Research and Action (CAFRA) - A regional network of feminists, individual researchers, activists and women's organisations.
- The Case Against Women Raising Children` - The book says that if fathers do not raise the children, that causes gender discrimination, and vice versa - where there is gender discrimination in a society, the mothers raise the children. It shows this thesis by biological and historical arguments. q
- Cedaw Iwraw Asia Pacific - The Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women
- Center for Reproductive Law and Policy - This website shows documents which establish women's reproductive freedom as a right worldwide.
- Center for Reproductive Rights - The Center for Reproductive Rights is a nonprofit, legal advocacy organization that promotes and defends the reproductive rights of women worldwide.
- CFLR - The Centre for Feminist Legal Research (CFLR) focusses on right to freedom of speech the right to freedom of religion/secularism the right to equality the right to sexual autonomy/bodily integrity
- CLADEM - The Latin American and Caribbean Committee for the Defense of Women's Rights
- Dr. Homa Darabi Foundation - To counter fundamentalist tendencies within the various religious, cultural and social beliefs which result in the oppression or unequal treatment of women and girl-child in different parts of the globe.
- Equal Rights Advocates - A public interest, nonprofit women's law center in San Francisco that fights for the economic, social and political equality of women and girls.
- Equality Now - An international human rights organization dedicated to action for the civil, political, economic and social rights of girls and women.
- Face to Face International - An international campaign for women's rights, improved health care, and legal abortion and birth control. Site includes issue links, celebrity profiles, current projects and news, and photo exhibition.
- Feminist Net - A network created by Roula Scoutari of intercommunication and solidarity among women. Aims and views. [Greek and English].
- Feminists For Free Expression - A group of diverse feminists working to preserve the individual's right and responsibility to read, listen, view and produce materials of her choice
- Florida Democrats for Life of America, Inc. - Florida DFLA seeks to locate and mobilze pro-life Democrats, support pro-life Democrat candidates and elected officials, and promote pro-life legislation and governmental policies in opposition to abortion, euthanasia, embyronic stem cell research, human cloning, and capital punishment.
- Guerrilla Girls - The informational web site of the GUERRILLA GIRLS, fighting sexism, racism and discrimination since 1985
- Guerrilla Girls Broadband - Formed in 1999 to address discrimination in our technologized world. Sponsors interactive activism through online feminist quizzes, streaming video, and other projects which take advantage of digital media.
- Help Afghan Women: A Project of the Feminist Majority - We must not forget Afghan women and girls who have been suffering under the brutal Taliban regime. Afghan women and girls were the first victims of the Taliban.
- IIAV: Archives For The Women's Movement - The international information centre and archives for the women's movement.
- International Justice for Women: The ICC Marks a New Era - International Criminal Court offers a long-awaited improvement in how international crimes against women are treated. It increases the possibility for redress and provides witness protection and other measures to afford women the greatest level of protection.
- MADRE - An international women's human rights group
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) - Women's rights in the profession of law and worldwide.
- National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women - Website for women's civil rights.
- Older Women - Website dealing with the rights of older women.
- Q Web Sweden - A women's empowerment base. A communication network for exchange of knowledge, experience and ideas on women's health and gender issues. The overall aim is women's empowerment with focus on women's health and equal rights.
- Quebec Native Women - Quebec Native Women support Aboriginal women in their efforts to better their living conditions.
- Real Women of BC - Real Women of B.C. Canada
- Rebel Women - Information on rebel women who have rebelled from traditional female roles in society
- Saathi - A Nepali NGO working to eliminate injustice and violence against women and children in Nepal and providing support to victims.
- The Seneca Falls Declaration - 1848 Elizabeth Cady Stanton Declaration of Sentiments - A peer document to the Declaration of Independence
- Shan Women's Action Network (SWAN) - A feminist organization dedicated to gender equality and justice for Shan women in Burma
- The Supreme Court's fraudulent Gender Equity Rulings - Judicial activism gave us a stealth Equal Rights Amendment
- Take Action with the Feminist Majority! - The battle for equality never takes a day off. New actions listed regularly.
- Tennessee Guerilla Women - Challenging the conservative politics of sexism, homophobia, racism and classism.
- Tezpur District Mahila Samiti - TDMS is an organisation working on women's rights and gender justice in northeastern India.
- To All African Ladies - This site is an attempt to raise awareness amongst young black african ladies
- Topfree - Searchable database of worldwide locations where women may go topless.
- Treaty for the Rights of Women - Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
- Voices Unheard - Newsletter of the organization, 'Kashmiri Women's Initiative for Peace and Disarmament'.
- Women 2000 - Resources and dialogue to promote advocacy, networking, collaboration, collectives and women's power around the globe.
- Women and Gender Equality: Reference Sources in Culture - UNESCO's action in favour of women underline mainstreaming a gender perspective in policy-planning, and broad and active participation of women in society.
- Women and Rights - The objective of this website is to share facts on women and other social problems which the world is facing.
- Women, Education & Economic Participation by Hilary Lips - Hilary Lips' Distinguished American Scholar Lecture on feminization poverty, glass ceilings, pay equity, work-family balance and women in a learning society.
- WomenAction 2000 - A global gateway to alternative reports, campaign material, events listings, multi-media coverage, press releases, and other resources that deal with the UN's Beijing +5 review process on the empowerment of women.
- Women's Environment & Development Organization - WEDO is an international organization that advocates for women’s equality in global policy.
- The Women's Foundation of Nepal - The Women's Foundation (WF) is a non-profit and non-government organization established in 1988 to promote and develop the rights of women in Nepal.
- Women's Freedom Network - Founded by a group of women who were seeking alternatives to extremist ideological feminism and the anti-feminist traditionalism. It does not set different standards of excellence, morality, or justice for men and women.
- Women's Global Strike - Stop the world and change it - for a new millenium which values all women's work and all women's lives. Visit the site and add your reasons for going on strike.
- Womens Human Rights Net (WHRNet) - International network of women's human rights organizations. Provide information and analyses, develop online services and interactive features that facilitate dialogue and the development of action strategies. Also in French and Spanish.
- Women's Human Rights Resources - The purpose of this website is to provide reliable and diverse information on international women's human rights via the Internet.
- Women's Learning Partnership for Rights, Development and Peace - Wlp's goal is to empower women and girls in the Global South through leadership training and capacity building. Wlp is an international non-governmental organization.
- WomenWatch - Learn about the work of the United Nations entities and inter-governmental and treaty bodies that deal with the advancement and empowerment of women and about international instruments on women's rights.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web