:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Last.com on t.A.T.u. - It's All About t.A.T.u [Sep 18]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocks88

Post subject: Last.com on t.A.T.u. - It's All About t.A.T.u [Sep 18] Reply with quote
It's All About t.A.T.u.

Ahhh, t.A.T.u..

They're a gimmick band built on one crappy gimmick: teen-age Russian lesbians (or ARE they?). OK maybe that's not such a bad gimmick... Regardless, any publicity about t.A.T.u seems to center more on the homosexuality than the music.

Which is a shame, because t.A.T.u aren't really all that bad. I remember hearing t.A.T.u. - All the Things She Said before I had seen the video or heard any of the hype, and I recall thinking "Wow, this is ridiculously good for a pop song". And it still is. Sure it sticks in your head like a fourteen year old pop-princess who hasn't had her hourly dose of attention or Ridalin, but in a good way. There were a few other singles from that album which I can't recall the name of, but were pretty damn good. Sure they sounded almost the same as "All The Things She Said", but you could listen to them all and it was sort of like chewing a massive wad of gum: you just kept getting more and more out of it.

And now, they drop a bomb so big that its liable to single-handedly end the Cold War in favour of the Russians. t.A.T.u. - All About Us. I've listened to the song and watched the video about twenty times in a row and its still good. "It's all about us, there's a theme that they can't touch, cause you know OOOH OH". That line gets me every time, with the climactic build-up to the end and the huge drums and all. And the video is just pure awesome. It's totally unlike the "All the Things She Said". Instead of the ambiguously lesbian, wet t-shirt feel, they went for a darker feel and ended up with a masterpiece. Sure there's still a whole lot of cleavage and straining, writhing Russian goodness, but they're kind of fighting this time. And one's kind of Goth looking. By Goth, of course, I mean a Hot Topic-wearing teen who dyes her hair black and smokes a cigarette to rebel whilst making pop music. Oh yeah and she totally shoots this guy in the head at point-blank range! Of course they get back together in the end when the one helps the other in the murder get-away. So it has a happy ending.

And if you try to tell me that t.A.T.u sucks, I won't believe you. Everybody likes, or should like, t.A.T.u. I know they get a whole lot of negative attention from most people, but there's a lot of people harbouring a secret love of them. Just try browsing somebody's files on Soulseek. Next to the Autechre and the Neutral Milk Hotel, there's almost always a t.A.T.u album. In fact, the founder of Soulseek is rumoured to have a rather large collection of their mp3s on his harddrive. And even for those people who still claim to hate t.A.T.u, they should really try listening to them for once. I guarantee that the most hardened indie rock fan has liked a pop song at some time and t.A.T.u is like every single pop song rolled into one lovely, pink, easily digestible ball of fluff. Instead of trying to deny the small pop-loving part of yourself, why not open up and try some t.A.T.u?

[posted 9/18/2005 U.S.A.]

source http://www.tatugirls.com
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 pm
Rosalie

Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats so great!
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:06 pm
Michael666

Awesome. I especially like the last paragraph.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:10 pm
Spanky

Post subject: Re: Last.com on t.A.T.u Reply with quote
rocks88 wrote:
And if you try to tell me that t.A.T.u sucks, I won't believe you.

Haha. Good stuff. Thumb Most people that actually take the time to listen to the whole album end up enjoying it.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:12 pm
o | G | A | g

Michael666 wrote:
Awesome. I especially like the last paragraph.

Concur I must. Thumb
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:16 pm
Alex22

Post subject: Re: Last.com on t.A.T.u Reply with quote
rocks88 wrote:

And if you try to tell me that t.A.T.u sucks, I won't believe you. Everybody likes, or should like, t.A.T.u. I know they get a whole lot of negative attention from most people, but there's a lot of people harbouring a secret love of them. Just try browsing somebody's files on Soulseek. Next to the Autechre and the Neutral Milk Hotel, there's almost always a t.A.T.u album. In fact, the founder of Soulseek is rumoured to have a rather large collection of their mp3s on his harddrive. And even for those people who still claim to hate t.A.T.u, they should really try listening to them for once. I guarantee that the most hardened indie rock fan has liked a pop song at some time and t.A.T.u is like every single pop song rolled into one lovely, pink, easily digestible ball of fluff. Instead of trying to deny the small pop-loving part of yourself, why not open up and try some t.A.T.u?

This is so true. I don't dig pop normally, but t.A.T.u. sound is very, very good and lots of people love it even if they don't admit to like "those russian lesbians" Wink
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:16 pm
Nicole7053

That's the best thing I've heard all day. =]
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:17 pm
Anduril

the last paragraph .. is true... i have this one ..well call him a colegue and hes a punk pureist ..only listen to (in my opioin) sucky punk garbage that they call music... he clams to hate tatu ..but i was looking threw his cd album ..and found not only 200/km in the wrong lane ..but the russain cd aswell ... i called him on it... and he denied it but he noes that i know ..hes a tatu addict.
PostSun Sep 18, 2005 9:20 pm
Ruivelle

o | G | A | g is back Wave Grin

i like this article :)

thank you rocks88 Thumb
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 7:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maraja

This artic was great! I think it's very true that many people who otherwise don't listen to pop, they like Tatu. Smile
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 9:24 am
QuieroTatu

slick article, well written, and true.
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 4:25 pm
RowerB

Thanks for the article, rocks88. Thatís a good one.

Ruivelle wrote:
o | G | A | g is back

Yes. Last post 21/09/04. That was before Vika was born. I wonder if he knows who Vika is?
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 5:00 pm
iLuvjulia84

Great article Thumb I'm glad that were seeing more and more articles like this. Finally ppl are realising how awesome theire music is! Smile

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostMon Sep 19, 2005 5:08 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: