:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Blender Magazine talks t.A.T.u. [October 2005]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocks88

Post subject: Blender Magazine talks t.A.T.u. [October 2005] Reply with quote
I saw this on tatu girls com.

http://www.tatugirls.com/
PostThu Sep 22, 2005 1:07 am
t.A.T.u97

Post subject: Reply with quote
Blender Magazine.....didn't they take our girls out to eat and totally dissed them? According to their interview though, J and L were being total divas. But it is a United States Magazine!!

Edit: Im going out and buying the mag later tonight.

But heres a quote from the old interview with them, from Miss Katina.

Quote:
“Ha! Stupid question! Really very stupid question!” Her eyes narrow; she looks quite terrifying. “Do you think we would sing the songs if we didn’t like them? What’s wrong with you, hey? So stupid.”

Wow. Surprised/Shocked

~Gay for Yulia~
PostThu Sep 22, 2005 2:46 pm
Madonna

Hey guys...I just got out of school, and I passed by the drug store to see if they had the magazine...They had one left, and I grabbed it... Wink So here's the article...Enjoy Smile

"We're Not Going to Say!"
What can t.A.T.u tell us about their (non-lesbian) album? Uh, nothing.

"NYET!" snaps Julia Volkova, the brunette half of the petulant Russian pop duo t.A.T.u. "No. We're not going to say."

She's talking-or rather refusing to talk- about Dangerous and Moving, the follow-up to their gold-selling 2002 debut. Apparently, it's too complex for words, so the girls- who sparked controversy by making out in MTV in Catholic-schoolgirl uniforms, professing to be lovers- are keeping mum.

They've since parted with svengali Ivan Shapovalov, the child psychologist turned producer who was the brain behind t.A.T.u's salacious marketing strategy. They've also dropped the lesbian bit (Volkova, 20, had a baby with her boyfriend last fall), though judging by the don't-fuck-with-us chill of colossal single "All About Us", they're still BFF.

Their new independence, they say, inspired a new work ethic in the studio.
"We did most of it ourselves," says redhead Lena Katina, 20.
So, they wrote the songs? "No."
Played the instruments? "No."
Produced the album? "Um...no."

The pair has been recording in LA for nearly six months, which seems like a lot considering all they're doing is singing.
"Well, some days we lie on the beach taking sunbaths," explains Katina.

Pressed for details on their record, Katina frowns. "It's difficult. If you really want to get into it, you could spend hours talking about this album." That seems like a long time, so instead we ask- delicately- what she thinks of critics who say t.A.T.u. are a one-time phenomenon unlikely to repeat their succes. "Frankly speaking," she scowls, "I don't give a shit." - Josh Eels
Blender.

Oh... ...Wel...um...that was a good read...
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 2:37 pm
t.A.T.u97

Blender has always given t.A.T.u a hard time, only making them seem negitive. Im walking out the door to get the magazine right now. Grin

~Gay for Yulia~
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 2:48 pm
Madonna

Oh, I forgot to say which Blender it was!...October 2005, Special Issue...the 500 Greatest Songs since you were born! Smile
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 2:50 pm
Chey

Gawd. That was so funny!

Haha! I like that writer!

I guess it would be even weirder if they were nice to Tatu this time round... so, for continuity's sake... rawk on, dude!

Hmmm laugh

Hah...ha?

Click HERE for From Girls to Women
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 2:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
t.A.T.u97

I just got it (YAY! My first magazine with t.A.T.u in it) and the picture they even give is like distorted. But its publicity and they take up the whole page, so good for them! Grin

~Gay for Yulia~
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 3:13 pm
Spanky

Madonna wrote:

Lol, thanks for posting it. Thumb
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 3:39 pm
rocks88

Thanks madonna for posting it Smile
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 7:28 pm
DeletedMemory

The reporter is such an arse! *pissed*

Thanks Madonna for all the hard work! Thumb
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 3:19 am
t.A.T.u97

This interview scares me tho, I don't want them to be pissed and give snobby answers as they did before in America. That wont get them any publicity if reporters know and think the t.A.T.u girls give horrible interviews and are hard to deal with...

~Gay for Yulia~
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 8:29 am
Anduril

Does anyone know the adress of this interviewer.. so i ccan greet him poiltely by Ripping his eyes out and Shoving them up his nostrils Devil Devil

I would go buy this Magizne ..but i dont really want to support them when they just give Tatu a hard time ... maybe ill just FifDY it
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 12:12 pm
Alex22

Quote:

Their new independence, they say, inspired a new work ethic in the studio.

Rofl

I don't know why they keep bragging about how in control of everything they supposedly are, and then say that they didn't even meet some of the musicians/songwriters and just went there to record vocals. For God's sake, when asked who wrote "All About Us", they didn't even know their names!! When you're in control and choose your colaborators, is it normal that you don't remember a single name and don't even meet them?! I think that goes for people that are just following record company directions, not in control of everything as they like to point out now. And this interview is proof of that. They are contradicting themselves on that alleged "independence" and "control" they had in the process, in every single interview they give!

"Frankly speaking.......I don't give a shit!" Rofl I loved that!! I'd love to WATCH Lena say that... Thumb
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 2:47 pm
xena225

Alex22 wrote:
I don't know why they keep bragging about how in control of everything they supposedly are, and then say that they didn't even meet some of the musicians/songwriters and just went there to record vocals. For God's sake, when asked who wrote "All About Us", they didn't even know their names!! When you're in control and choose your colaborators, is it normal that you don't remember a single name and don't even meet them?! I think that goes for people that are just following record company directions, not in control of everything as they like to point out now. And this interview is proof of that.

This interview is proof of that? Did you forget that Blender tried to make them look like stupid, pampered little divas before?

I'm sure Lena and Yulia know very well that Sergey Galoyan (a good friend of theirs) and Trevor Horn and Valery Polienko and Ivan Shapovalov contributed songs and lyrics, for example. They actually mentioned those names in other interviews. It was said before that Lena and Yulia had the last say when it came to choosing the songs for the album, they mentioned in one interview that they were the sound producers of the album as regards the vocal arrangements. They were also involved in deciding who the director for the videos would be, and so on and so forth. So Blender implies that Yulia and Lena just lay on the beach sunbathing for six months and are not in control of anything. I know who I believe, and it ain't Blender Magazine. :)

xena225
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 4:10 pm
Alex22

xena225 wrote:
They were also involved in deciding who the director for the videos would be, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, too bad the "so on and so forth" is nowhere to be seen... lol Wink They didn't write or produce anything on the album.

xena225 wrote:
So Blender implies that Yulia and Lena just lay on the beach sunbathing for six months and are not in control of anything. I know who I believe, and it ain't Blender Magazine. Smile

So you're saying the journalist faked those quotes? "We did it all ourselves" and "no" "no" and "no" to the album production/writing questions? I think that would be too much. This is a respected music magazine we're talking, not a cheap tabloid.

xena225 wrote:
they mentioned in one interview that they were the sound producers of the album as regards the vocal arrangements.

Well, if they supposedly were indeed sound producers to some extent, why would they answer "No" to the question "did you produce anything on the album?"... ?! Squint
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 4:38 pm
xena225

Alex22 wrote:
xena225 wrote:
They were also involved in deciding who the director for the videos would be, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, too bad the "so on and so forth" is nowhere to be seen... lol Wink They didn't write or produce anything on the album.

Well, I gave you a few examples in the sentences before this one of how they were involved in the creative process. This was about them being in control of what they do as Tatu, remember? About being involved in choosing the songs, the director for the videos, about knowing (most of) the songwriters, deciding on vocal arrangements. A lot of well-known artists don't write their own songs and don't produce their albums, that doesn't mean they are not in control.

Alex22 wrote:
So you're saying the journalist faked those quotes? "We did it all ourselves" and "no" "no" and "no" to the album production/writing questions? I think that would be too much. This is a respected music magazine we're talking, not a cheap tabloid.

Well, you can lead your readers in a certain direction with a few (out of context) quotes and a few sarcastic comments. I'm just naturally suspicious when it comes to Tatu and the print media. :)

I gotta say, though: For a respected music magazine this article seems quite meagre. Too bad they chose not to comment on the songs and the music, maybe a review of Dangerous & Moving. That would have been more fitting for a respected music magazine in my opinion.

Alex22 wrote:

Well, if they supposedly were indeed sound producers to some extent, why would they answer "No" to the question "did you produce anything on the album?"... ?! Squint

Well, the question was "Did you produce the album?" They aren't the producers of the album (in the strict sense of the word), that much is true, but as you can see that doesn't mean they were not involved in any of the creative processes of making this album. (Apart from being the singers, of course - recording two albums in six months, and shooting two videos is no small feat either.)

xena225
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 5:25 pm
Yves

Why do you all take this article so seriously?It's just a harmless parody. I mean they don't offend them. Even Lena and Yulia wouldn't bother. Every artist has to live with such articles.
I personally liked it.

USAMA DIE!
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 7:16 pm
Kristya

"All The Things She Said" is also song #452 in their top 500 songs.

It says,

"Like when Marissa kissed Alex - only in Russian."
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 9:21 pm
Nightblue

Alex22 wrote:
[...] this interview [...]

Was there even an interview? :squint:

Having remarked that, that doesn't mean I completely disagree with you, Alex22. I do agree with some of your points. I also agree with Yves: don't take this article too seriously.
PostSun Sep 25, 2005 3:14 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: