:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
New album: Veselye Ulybki/Happy Smiles/Waste Management
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
missionman8

Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait a minute..a true fan is only one who can't ever forget about a band for even a little while and has to like everything they make? damn.....and yet I still consider myself a fan... Smile
PostSun Jun 17, 2007 4:33 am
xena225

Some new info. Thanks to Lena. :)

Quote:
About the new album: Will there be an English AND Russian Version of the album – as it was before?

Yes, there’ll be both Russian and English versions. The songs will be a bit different. By the way, some translations of song lyrics will differ a little from originals in their meaning. But this is the way it’s getting together.

[...]

Do you know the approximate date of new album’s release?

We don’t know yet. All information will be on the official site.

[...]

What is your new record label?

We’re in the process of negotiations. To sign a new contract with a record label, it’s first necessary to record an album. And the album is almost ready. [...]

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/dnevnik_l.html?id=534&l=en

PostMon Jun 18, 2007 9:56 am
Sakuya

Little_Polar_Bear (tatysite), contacted Galoyan, and that's the answer he got:

Quote:
Today I've contacted Galoyan on his official myspace (http://www.myspace.com/sergiogaloyan) and it seemed to be really him, there's even a link on his off. website (http://www.galoyan.co.uk/)

Anyway, that's his reply:

Thanks for your words man! I'm really pleased that my music has inspired someone.

Im doing <4 tracks for tatu's new album and I just did 10 tracks for another big russian singer, the album of this singer is set to release this Fall. We've just released first song on the radio and it's number 2 all-over the Russia. Check it, the song called MI VMESTE by VALERIYA.
best,
Sergio.

t.A.T.u BLOG:
http://blog.tatu.ru/Sakuya
Last FM:
http://www.last.fm/user/sakuya-san
PostMon Jun 18, 2007 9:58 am
tatusnumber1fan2121

Post subject: ok.... Reply with quote
how do u people know about when tatus cds and videos come out?I go on like 10 different websites for them and not one even says a thing about their new cd!If u wanna talk 2 me,my aim name is tatulover2120
Five to Seven
In This White Robe
Through The Darkness
Paragliding
Back To Heaven
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000126337902
PostTue Jun 19, 2007 1:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
t.A.T.u97

So...the album is almost done, but theyre going to hold it until the movie is done? Confused Confused

~Gay for Yulia~
PostTue Jun 19, 2007 10:17 pm
MutantE

Sakuya wrote:
quote from interview with Sergey Konov (Finding t.A.T.u movie producer):
Quote:

[...]
t.A.T.u. are recording a new album. Are you going to use this material in the film?

Not just "to use": Most songs of the third album will become a movie’s soundtrack. We have this in our contract with the band. This movie is literally «a love story accompanied by t.A.T.u. music». As I got it, the third album will be the beginning of a new stage and new style for t.A.T.u. – and this is quite understandable. Yulya and Lena are not the girls, but young women. Not only their appearance changed. Their characters, their style changed as well. It all will be reflected in the music. All demo versions that I’ve heard confirm my thoughts. Their manner of performance became more serious and mature. And still, t.A.T.u. kept their ingenuousness and their passion.

I'm confused... are tatu making a movie, too? I haven't read all the threads or all of this one, so I may have missed it if it has already been mentioned.

Neveus: Innocence Lost

Check out my erotic sic-fi on amazon.com!
PostWed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xena225

MutantE, yes, they are making a movie, it's called "Finding t.A.T.u.", starring Mischa Barton and Danielle Panabaker. Lena and Yulia will play themselves. The film is in production now.

Further discussion and more info, please see here:
t.A.T.u to shoot a movie [Finding t.A.T.u.]
http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18091

(You may also want to have a look at the Tatu.us News page once in a while to get quick updates: http://www.tatu.us/website/index.php )

t.A.T.u97, if the movie will be released in 18 months, I somehow don't think the girls and their management will wait that long. Especially if the album is near completion already. Not all songs will be used as the movie's soundtrack, so the album and the movie needn't necessarily be released simultaneously. I'm sure the songs can stand on their own. A single will probably be released long before the album. Lena also mentioned a new video.

Then there are the negotiations that Lena mentioned, with a new record company. How close to making a deal are they? What's the time schedule the record company has for the new album? I guess we'll have to wait for another update, but I'm optimistic that we will not have to wait too long.
PostWed Jun 20, 2007 11:42 pm
Tom

Good point , cos weren't the music videos for All About Us and Lyudi Invalidi filmed and released something like 2 months before the album came out...? And in the case of Lyudi Invalidi, they shot the video but never got round to promoting it as a single due to the already growing popularity of All About Us. So I'm sure we'll see and hear lots of new stuff before the film is out.
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 12:22 pm
Sakuya

LOTS of news about new cd in this article
http://www.mk.ru/blogs/MK/2007/06/22/society/98899/
use online translator

t.A.T.u BLOG:
Last FM:
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 4:58 pm
Maraja

Thanks Sakuya!

If I read that right, the first single will be called Ne Zhaley (Don't feel sorry), and they may perform it at the Zvukovoya Dorozhka music festival (which is on June 24th, have a look here). The MK article also says that on the new album Tatu work with Valerie Poliyenko and Sergey Galoyan, and that the title of the album will be Upravlenie Otbrosami which Babelfish translates into Control of Repulsions. But I don't understand, would the English title of the album be Waste Management? Or are they talking about Interscope there? Lol.

Finally a very exciting update on the new album. Smile
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 5:33 pm
t.A.T.u97

I'm totally liking single title...sounds very deep actually!

On second thought of the album title, Waste Management doesn't sound too...flattering.

~Gay for Yulia~

Last edited by t.A.T.u97 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 6:07 pm
Sakuya

Quote:
Yulia Volkova: ”I’m pregnant but it’s only temporary”
Worries of ZD (Zvukovya Dorozhka, rem.TatySite.net) connected to the new Yulia’s pregnancy were dismissed by Yulia herself.

Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova, those appeared to be fearless Joannas d'Arc at the recent gay pride festival in Moscow, will show up again in public after those events. Their unique set is going to become the culmination of the main gig of this summer – an open air festival Zvukovaya Dorozhka.

Worries of ZD (Zvukovya Dorozhka, rem.TatySite.net) connected to the new Yulia’s pregnancy were dismissed by Yulia herself.
- For the first, - she said, it’s not the first time and I know how to handle it. For the second, third month is not any critical moment and I’m in a great and an adequate shape. I’m intended to perform at least until October. For the third, there’s no use to worry about. As it goes in one song “I’m pregnant but it’s temporarily”. Ha-ha…

The parade of freedom and love from Tatu at our festival will become the part of the new American-Russian movie “Finding Tatu”. A full length music motion picture for youth based on the novel by Alexey Mitrofanov “Tatu Coma Back” with the budget of 12 000 000 dollars will culminate in a huge Tatu gig, at which after all troubles and hard challenges, two young girls – Jane and Lana will finally find their simple human happiness. That’s why everyone, who happen to be on the spot at Luzhniki at this very day, could get themselves into the world movie history.

Except the movies, Tatu are fully creating their third album at the studio in Los Angeles and the public is looking forward to the new material from this scandalous group. It’s possible that a new song “Ne Zhaley” (Don’t Regret, rem. TatySite.net) is going to be performed at the festival. The album itself, taking into account the tendency of the special Tatu sound, promises to be less depressive than “Ludi Invalidy” (Dangerous and Moving) and be of a more dance style. Valery Polienko and Serguey Galoyan are involved in the album. They are the authors of the most powerful Tatu-hits as Ya Soshla S Uma (All The Things She Said) and Nas Ne Dogonyat (Not Gonna Get Us). It promises the album to become a super hit. Of course, the typical Tatu metaphoric lyrics will be preserved and will continue the theme of Ludi Invalidi (Dangerous And Moving). The new album will be called Upravlenie Otbrosami (Waste Management). It may happen that people will rush to the court again but those who know the sausage business, are guaranteed the very best of ass-kicker.

Source: http://www.mk.ru/blogs/MK/2007/06/22/society/98899/
Translation: TatySite.Team

t.A.T.u BLOG:
Last FM:
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 6:15 pm
volkovaddict

lol
it's only temporary

thast freaking awesome

Let me love you, like you're the shit girl;
Your the shit girl; your the shit, girl.
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 9:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
volkova_89

You gotta love Yulia's sense of humor .. temporary :lol:

And it's very professional from her to want to perform until October, maybe they'll do promo for the first single Grin

Waste Management ... hmmm I think the album title could be better than that Annoyed
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 am
tatufan dutch

good to hear Yulia is going to preform until October, but if she needs rest, I hope she take it.

And 'waste Management', I kinda like the title. Don't know why.

E.T

I came from nowhere and I don't know where I'm going yet
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 2:50 am
Volkster

Chances are that "Waste Management" is the translation of the Russian album. Kind of like the previous album translated as "Disabled People" but the English album was entitled "Dangerous and Moving". Just a hunch! Wink

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 3:48 am
iLuvjulia84

"I’m pregnant but it’s only temporary" ...i laughed so damn hard at that ^_^ hahah..
wow, i was excited before, but with all this new info i'm getting even more anxious to see/hear everything! ^_^

*offtopic* Maraja i am LOVING your banner! Smile

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 pm
Madam Tampini

Omg YAY! I think Waste Management is QUITE fitting. The album names lead into eachother. Now it just needs to come out! Grin :D

Haha gawd Yulya is funny XD
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 1:02 pm
Vampslayer

Waste Management- thats interesting I must say but yeah its does fit. They should really hurry up and just have the CD come out already!!!
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 1:08 pm
AshIdiot

Here's from the MySpace since the translation didn't turn out that great.

Quote:
[Moskovskie Komsomolets (June 22)]

t.A.T.u. Reveal Their Third Album Title

Worries of Zvukovya Dorozhka regarding new Julia's pregnancy were chased away by Julia herself.

Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova, who acted as fearless Joannas d'Arc at the recent Moscow Gay Pride, will show up again for the first time after those events. Their unique set is going to become the culmination of this summer's main gig – an open air festival Zvukovaya Dorozhka.

Worries of Zvukovya regarding new Julia's pregnancy were chased away by Julia herself.

"First of all", she said, "It's not the first time and I know how to handle it. Secondly, the third month is not a critical time. I'm in a great and adequate shape and I'm intended to perform at least until October. And last thing, there's nothing to worry about. You know this song, "I'm pregnant, but it's temporarily". Ha-ha…"

Meanwhile the freedom and love parade from t.A.T.u. at our festival will be included in the footage of the new American-Russian movie Finding t.A.T.u.. A full length music drama for youth based on Alexey Mitrofanov's novel "Tatu Come Back" with the budget of $12 mln will culminate in a huge t.A.T.u. gig, where after all troubles and hardships two young girls – Janie and Lana - will finally find their simple human happiness. That's why everyone, who happen to be on the spot at Luzhniki on that very day, could get into history of world cinematography.

Besides the movie, t.A.T.u. are fully occupied recording their third album at the studio in Los Angeles, and the music industry is looking forward to the new material from the scandalous band. It's possible that a new song Ne Zhaley (Don't Regret) is going to be performed at the festival. Taking into account this very special t.A.T.u. sound, the album itself promises to be less depressive than Ludi Invalidy and more dance style. Valery Polienko and Sergey Galoyan, the authors of the most smashing t.A.T.u. hits Ya Soshla S Uma (All The Things She Said) and Nas Ne Dogonyat (Not Gonna Get Us). are involved in the production - which promises the LP to go huge.

Of course, the typical t.A.T.u. metaphoric lyrics will stay and continue Ludi Invalidi logic. The new album will be called Upravleniye Otbrosami (Waste Management). Dumb people, who've never got t.A.T.u. lyrics, won't probably get them this time. And it may happen that some will rush to the courts again. But those who know what it is all about, are guaranteed the ass-kicking thrill.

LOL @ "dumb people"

---------------

EDIT: It can also be found on Tatu.ru now:
Julia Volkova: ”I’m pregnant, but it’s temporary”.
Moskovsky Komsomolets Newspaper

http://www.tatu.ru/en/feedback.html?page=0&id=538&np=0

---------------
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 3:48 pm
Rosalie

Troy wrote me an email today and told me:

That hes not sure whats happening with the latest Tatu album but he'll find out this weekend. He said he's in Moscow to play two show's with Tatu. And he's releasing his album soon but has a few tracks he needs to finish up.
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 5:07 pm
RowerB

Thanks for posting, AshIdiot.
AshIdiot wrote:
Quote:
Dumb people, who've never got t.A.T.u. lyrics, won't probably get them this time.

I don’t care if I don’t “get” t.A.T.u. lyrics this time either. The sound is the only thing that is important.

chrysXtal wrote:
Troy wrote me an email today and told me:

Thanks very much for the info, chrysXtal.
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 6:24 pm
xena225

AshIdiot wrote:
But those who know what it is all about, are guaranteed the ass-kicking thrill.

Hehe. Can't wait. Rolleyes :cool:

That's a nice article. Informative, positive, without the usual rhetoric that I've come to expect from (Russian) papers when it comes to Tatu.

Thanks for posting, AshIdiot + chrysXtal! Thumb
PostSat Jun 23, 2007 1:51 am
t.A.T.u97

Yuck!

"Waste Management" has been confirmed by Dean over @ tatugirls and tatysite as the English Album name. Squint Half Frown

~Gay for Yulia~
PostSat Jun 23, 2007 6:33 pm
Tsui

I like that name, actually. I can't explain exactly why, but I do like it, it's diferent. Grin
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 7:52 am
Tom

I like it. It's a very good statement about all the shit that t.A.T.u have had to go through to get to where they are today.
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 9:21 am
AshIdiot

lol That's the name of our trash pick-up company. Maybe that's why I have a weird feeling about it personally. I can't wait to see some promo shots, but that could be months away.
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 10:45 am
Maraja

I'm very confused about the album title Waste Management. This is from http://www.askoxford.com/dictionaries/
    waste
    verb 1 use carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose. 2 fail to make full or good use of. 3 (be wasted on) be unappreciated by. 4 (often waste away) become progressively weaker and more emaciated. 5 literary lay waste to. 6 N. Amer. informal kill or severely injure. 7 wasted informal under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
    adjective 1 eliminated or discarded as no longer useful or required. 2 (of an area of land) not used, cultivated, or built on.
    noun 1 an act or instance of wasting. 2 unusable or unwanted material. 3 a large area of barren, uninhabited land.

management
    noun 1 the process of managing. 2 the managers of an organization.
So what is the title really referring to? Confused
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 10:49 am
AshIdiot

Maybe it's about getting rid of the bad to preserve the good or something. Keeping things sanitary and healthy. Or maybe brushing off your shoulders after being insulted. I'm horrible at interpretations Bash
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 10:50 am
Volkster

Maybe it's about finding good use for things that other people think are trash/waste. So, maybe it's about how people that other thought were not good enough, overcame that way of thinking and that label and found their place in society!
I think I'm bad at metaphors as well! Half Frown

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 3:26 pm
Tsui

^I think that makes sense Volkster, especially because they said this album followed the same line as Liudy Invalidy.
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 5:51 pm
paintedfrog

when i first read 'waste management' it sounded really familar then i realised its the name of the company that picks up the trash for everywhere around here, and it's plastered on all the dumpsters. i wonder if thats good or bad.
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 10:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IvyRevolution

Yes, "Waste Management" usually refers to trash companies/departments that deal with trash removal and such. I can't say I like the name - but that's just because I predict snarky comments that will play on that name when the album is critiqued. Half Frown
PostSun Jun 24, 2007 11:44 pm
tatu_chick04

Waste Management!? Confused That's the new name of the album? God, I can see the press that doesn't like Tatu are going to have a field day with this one. What is it with them and having some off the wall album titles? lol They've got to learn that although the album title might be ok for the Russian audience, it doesn't always translate so well to English. Hopefully they'll revise it for the English album.

http://www.myspace.com/c_rons_page
PostMon Jun 25, 2007 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vicky T

lol @ name
PostMon Jun 25, 2007 3:34 pm
Starrgurl

Waste Management... oh god.. I can just picture the album cover already... LOL
J/k it sounds deep when you think about it but I'm sure the actual english title will be different. As well as the cover seeing as how I don't find the idea of the girls in trashman outfits very appealing.

And lol at Yulia's pregnancy remark! She always has a way of lightening things up. Even if that means she and Lena will be standing in a dump wearing rubber gloves and tacky jumpsuits... with Yulia making a disgusted expression at the stench of dead fish...

There's no room for practicality
It sucks up all originality
A paradox in its finality
You create your own reality

Oh and a big thanx to Ghost Of You for the banner
PostMon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 pm
Sakuya

Anyone remember Julias outfit in McDonalds? Photoshoot for album cover? I can imagine that.

t.A.T.u BLOG:
Last FM:
PostMon Jun 25, 2007 4:56 pm
Sakuya

Quote:
Tatu third album remains questionable

Despite Tatu having spent a few months in Los Angeles, actual recording of the album remains questionable.

“I really don't know much about the new album. We haven't recorded anything on the new album just yet which has been disappointing. So I am really hoping we do.
I think its crazy if we don't get to record on the new album because us guys have become such a huge part of Tatu. We know the sound and have such great ideas. But who knows what will happen. There is always lots of politics in these situations and you just have to roll with what happens. I really hope we just deliver a great album for the fans.” – said one of the Tatu musicians Troy McCubbin.

Serguey Galoyan, who was previously mentioned as one of the authors working with the third album commented the situation.
“Yes, I showed songs for Tatu’s third album and they chose 4 of them. I can speak surely of my participation on the album only after the contract is signed, which hasn’t even been discussed yet”, said Serguey to our site.

At the same time, Lena Katina said in her diary that the album was almost ready.

Source: TatySite.net

t.A.T.u BLOG:
Last FM:
PostThu Jun 28, 2007 1:28 pm
Maraja

Who/what is tatysite's source? If Lena's words and a new song (Ne Zhaley) aren't enough to show there's an album in the making, then I don't know what is. Smile
PostThu Jun 28, 2007 1:48 pm
xena225

Agreed. When has the new album ever been "questionable" in the first place?

"Lena Katina said in her diary that the album was almost ready." Oh yeah, that's true, she did. :)

And in her interview with Tatu.ru, Shantel van Santen said, "And I'm learning this new t.A.T.u. single that's coming out." Cool

Generally, people should be a little more patient + calm and let t.A.T.u. do their thing.

xena225
PostThu Jun 28, 2007 1:57 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 7 of 26

Jump to: