:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. perform at University of California, USA [March 6]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malchikgej04

Post subject: Reply with quote
I call BS, MTV movie awards were more of a gig then this is, that gave them great publicity here in the states, and need i mention their New Jersey signing when 200 km/h disc came out? Let's also not be so quick to forget their TRL appearance as well as performances on MAD TV and Conan ( I believe it was.) Fans were quite present at all of these and I believe performing at a local college is not something quite on the scale as the MTV movie awards and these things were.
Don't get me wrong, I am all about any stateside performance, but you have to admit..it's not exactly the O2 arena or the come back performance I'd hope for.
*sigh* I just remember the days back when they were on the cusp of really taking over the states. Had Ivan only been a more stable manager. Sometimes I wish I could take over my favourite pop stars careers.

the end...now let the backlash begin...
PostSat Feb 16, 2008 10:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Christina-m

malchikgej04 wrote:
Rofl

ok if you wish. I think what everyone means is that this is the first TATU ONLY thing in America. MTV awards was not a tatu concert it was the MTV awards that let them preform a small part of it. TRL was not only tatu that day eaither. Talk shows too they where not tatu shows. This college thing from what I hear is only having tatu preform so it is basicly their show. But you are right it is small for a comeback. But if it gets a good turn out the'll see it and make bigger shows here

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
Facebook.com/LenaKatina.USA
PostSat Feb 16, 2008 11:06 pm
tatugirl16

malchikgej04 wrote:
I call BS, MTV movie awards were more of a gig then this is, that gave them great publicity here in the states, and need i mention their New Jersey signing when 200 km/h disc came out? Let's also not be so quick to forget their TRL appearance as well as performances on MAD TV and Conan ( I believe it was.) Fans were quite present at all of these and I believe performing at a local college is not something quite on the scale as the MTV movie awards and these things were.
Don't get me wrong, I am all about any stateside performance, but you have to admit..it's not exactly the O2 arena or the come back performance I'd hope for.
*sigh* I just remember the days back when they were on the cusp of really taking over the states. Had Ivan only been a more stable manager. Sometimes I wish I could take over my favourite pop stars careers.

totally understand you,but atleast tatu (not yet confirmed) will be playing here in the states,It's better than nothing.I also would want them in MTV and TRL and better promo but that cant happpen just like that anymore,they have to work their way up again.People dont even remember who they are anymore:(

I also wish i could take over their careers in a way,not completaly more like in helping them out,i dont think they have a good management.I would promote them like crazzy.Their management better get workig because nothing is really gettting done as to promotion.
From the other People
PostSat Feb 16, 2008 11:07 pm
Sakuya

the latest update

Quote:
Students Anticipate t.A.T.u Show Details
UCSB’s Russian Club Works Toward Finalizing Specifics of Duo’s Upcoming Pop Concert

By Allison Berry and Mackenzie Weinger / Staff Writers

Published Monday, February 25, 2008

Although Russian pop artists Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina of t.A.T.u are scheduled to perform on UCSB’s campus March 6, concert details are still uncertain. The duo included the university as part of their U.S. tour after a five-year hiatus, their last show having been at MTV’s Video Music Awards.

Russian pop sensation t.A.T.u will perform on campus March 6, but campus organizers for the event are singing a slightly different tune about the plans than the band.

While Russian Club Treasurer Corinne Seals said the concert is still tentative, Zhenya Voevodina, t.A.T.u’s press manager, confirmed the March 6 appearance in an interview with the Daily Nexus. In addition, t.A.T.u.’s drummer Steve Wilson mentioned the concert on his MySpace page.

Despite the band’s announcements and the approaching scheduled date, Seals said details surrounding the concert are still unconfirmed.

“We just want to make sure everything is finalized before we start doing major promotion,” Seals said.

However, Voevodina said the upcoming concert fits conveniently in t.A.T.u.’s busy schedule and offered the band the opportunity to perform in the United States after being absent for several years. t.A.T.u.’s last performance in the U.S. was in 2003 at the MTV Video Movie Awards.

“t.A.T.u. will be shooting their second video in Los Angeles around the performance date, so the offer to perform at [UCSB] fit t.A.T.u.’s schedule perfectly,” Voevodina said. “t.A.T.u. [hasn’t] played in the United States for a while. Everybody’s excited. Judging by fan mail that comes every day, America missed t.A.T.u. Well, t.A.T.u. missed you, too.”

Although the concert will take place in less than two weeks, Seals said many of the details are not yet worked out. While Seals said at the Jan. 28 Associated Students Finance Board meeting that the concert is free and open only to UCSB students, she said this is not the case.

“Since there are all these complications, we’re not sure whether we can guarantee if it will be free,” Seals said. “However, if we do charge, it won’t be a lot.”

According to Seals, Russian Club members have spent approximately six months negotiating with t.A.T.u. to arrange a UCSB show. After reading that t.A.T.u. will record their new album Waste Management in Los Angeles, Seals said the news convinced her to contact the band.

“I just brought the idea up to the [Russian Club] and said, ‘I know it’s a crazy idea, but how cool would it be if we could get them to come here?’” Seals said. “Everyone was just like I don’t know… but try it, anyways.”

During Seals’ presentation at the Finance Board meeting, she said t.A.T.u. typically performs for $100,000. The group, however, agreed to perform at UCSB for a reduced fee of $10,000.

http://www.dailynexus.com/article.php?a=15968

t.A.T.u BLOG:
http://blog.tatu.ru/Sakuya
Last FM:
http://www.last.fm/user/sakuya-san
PostMon Feb 25, 2008 5:57 pm
tatugirl16

Thanks!!all they need to do is confirm it!that would be awesome!
From the other People
PostMon Feb 25, 2008 6:06 pm
Christina-m

Quote:
The duo included the university as part of their U.S. tour
does that mean that they are planning on a US tour?

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
PostMon Feb 25, 2008 10:48 pm
xena225

It's confirmed now!!!

Tatu.ru reports:

Quote:
February, 26

t.A.T.u.’s upcoming performances

6 March – Santa Barbara / USA
Place: University of California, Santa Barbara

More info: http://www.dailynexus.com/article.php?a=15968

[...]

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=627

Thumb Wave
PostTue Feb 26, 2008 12:46 pm
tatugirl16

Thanks Xena225 for the info!so now that its confirmed im just hoping they will also come to other places here in the U.S. Grin
From the other People
PostTue Feb 26, 2008 1:03 pm
tracytatufan

dang i wish they would confirm the details soon so i could like make plans.. 4 hr drive...
PostWed Feb 27, 2008 1:56 am
xena225

This was posted on the Tatu.ru forum by taty_devushka. Please note that this is not confirmed.

taty_devushka wrote:
Very important info for the UCSB concert!!! The university administration decided today that the concert will be free and will open doors at 9pm. However, the tickets will only be given to UCSB students with student IDs. If there are any tickets left over (which they don't think there will be), they will give them out at the door the night of the concert. Sorry for this news! The Russian Club tried to get everyone let in, but no luck. So, if you live close by, you can come try, but the administration said they don't recommend flying or traveling far because there's no guarantee. Best wishes to all!

Half Frown
PostWed Feb 27, 2008 4:39 am
iLuvjulia84

^If it's true, thats really too bad =/

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostWed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 pm
tatugirl16

That must really suck Mad

My friend is going to try and get in anyways Grin
From the other People
PostWed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 pm
tracytatufan

dang, my ucsb friend said she'd let me borrow her id, but now i'm not sure.. 9 plus concert, plus 4-5 hour drive...

do you guys think there'll be a concert in the states? god i hope so
PostWed Feb 27, 2008 3:18 pm
xena225

This was posted by the_little_ONE on the Tatu.ru forum. Thank you!

the_little_ONE wrote:
Yesterday the administration of UCSB decided that tickets will only be given to UCSB students with student IDs and will be available beginning in the morning of March 6th at the AS Ticket Office. First come first serve. You must present your UCSB Access Card to receive a ticket.
If there are any tickets remaining by the time of the concert (which the university officials don't think there will be), any non-UCSB student will have the chance to get one of the remaining ones. So, if you live close by, you can come try, but the administration said they don't recommend traveling far because there's no guarantee. The concert will take place in the Hub at UCSB (capacity 800) and it will start at 9pm.
PostThu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 am
Christina-m

Wallbash AHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO fair... they really need to do a US tour

PostThu Feb 28, 2008 11:58 am
IvyRevolution

Gah, I knew that would happen. Frown
PostThu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 pm
Ruivelle

Well, then for those who live nearby, GO AND GET IN LINE ASAP!!!! Now! WE WANT PICTURES, VIDEOS AND FULL COVERAGE!!!! Now!

*kidding*

Oh well, though if I live there, I will absolutely sleep in front of the ticket office, 3 days before it opens, UCSB student or not Grin Tard
PostThu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Christina-m

Yeah That * not kidding* Wink Grin

PostThu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 pm
yuliasXpunk

can someone kidnap me and sneak me into this...

seriously I live in Indiana and its rare enough these they that t.A.Tu come to the US yet along Indiana -.-

www.myspace.com/gunriotgirl
PostFri Feb 29, 2008 1:25 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tatugirl16

yuliasXpunk wrote:

seriously I live in Indiana and its rare enough these they that t.A.Tu come to the US yet along Indiana -.-

Hey there Neighbor! Wave
*kidnaps u*
we dont live so far away from eachother i live in Illinois Grin
From the other People
PostFri Feb 29, 2008 1:29 pm
missionman8

Don't fret anybody, even if they don't make a tour of it in the U.S., they will still head back to our neighbor to the south. I saw them last time in Guadalajara, Mexico. The arena filled up nicely but didn't sell out so you won't have to worry that much, but we do know they'll return to that country at least because they have a HUGE fan base there.

I live in the U.s. btw, home to my great state of Texas, and these here...uhhh..lesser united states... Grin
PostFri Feb 29, 2008 6:46 pm
chickaroo

MY GOD!! I LIVE 2 HRS AWAY, AND THE CONCERT IS TOMORROW. SHOULD I TRY???

i wonder if i can have a friend buy a ticket for me and since all asians look the same anyway...
PostWed Mar 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Christina-m

YES TRY and take video camera with you :P

PostWed Mar 05, 2008 11:13 pm
tatugirl16

sixthirty88 wrote:
MY GOD!! I LIVE 2 HRS AWAY, AND THE CONCERT IS TOMORROW. SHOULD I TRY???

i wonder if i can have a friend buy a ticket for me and since all asians look the same anyway...

try it try it try it!!!!!!!!!
*cheers for u*
From the other People
PostWed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 pm
iLuvjulia84

It sucks that i'm a little too far (6 hours) :/ If i knew i could for sure get in, i would have gone Frown

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 am
yuliasXpunk

tatugirl16 wrote:
yuliasXpunk wrote:

Hey there Neighbor! Wave
*kidnaps u*

lol well hello to you to XD thats kool that we live so close

And -squeal- they are only like like...I dont know how many miles away but hell they are in America as I type this...lol

www.myspace.com/gunriotgirl
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 1:04 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
y.A.S.d.

today is the day, enjoy
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 6:58 am
Furik

Yes, for those of you going, tell us how it goes! Rock
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 10:45 am
Christina-m

Me today Cry lol. Those of you who go Have fun and tell us about it :P

PostThu Mar 06, 2008 12:12 pm
tatugirl16

yuliasXpunk wrote:
tatugirl16 wrote:
yuliasXpunk wrote:

Hey there Neighbor! Wave
*kidnaps u*

lol well hello to you to XD thats kool that we live so close

And -squeal- they are only like like...I dont know how many miles away but hell they are in America as I type this...lol

yep yep were like ummm idk bout 1 state or not even that away!hehe

omg im so excited for tatus performance today,and im not going but im like so damn excited :P
From the other People
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 2:39 pm
chickaroo

So I called the UCSB ticket office today at 11:45am and asked about the tatu concert. THEY SAID THE TICKETS WERE ALREADY SOLD OUT!!

WHOOHOO!!! In a weird way I guess it's a good thing, because that just shows how popular they are =) Too bad though, I was ready to skip class to drive there.
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 3:44 pm
tatugirl16

sixthirty88 wrote:
So I called the UCSB ticket office today at 11:45am and asked about the tatu concert. THEY SAID THE TICKETS WERE ALREADY SOLD OUT!!

WHOOHOO!!! In a weird way I guess it's a good thing, because that just shows how popular they are =) Too bad though, I was ready to skip class to drive there.

OMG REALLY??thats fuck*ng awesome!!!
i cant wait to see video/pics or anything!!!
From the other People
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 3:47 pm
tATu4eVer1114

tatugirl16 wrote:
sixthirty88 wrote:

OMG REALLY??thats fuck*ng awesome!!!
i cant wait to see video/pics or anything!!!

I REALLY hope someone there has a video camera!!!!
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 3:51 pm
tatugirl16

Tickets all sold out in the first hour! 500 tickets were given out in the first 15 minutes!!!!
From the other People
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Tetsuhiko

My fandom for them has sorted died for awhile now with several recent peaks of interest here and there but nothing solid like back when "All The Things She Said" was popular.

But when I heard about t.A.T.u performing here at UCSB I was ecstatic! I mean, a well known group performing in a small time university like mine, no way!

Anyway, today I found out that tickets were going to be given out for free to UCSB students at 10AM. I thought I would simply walk in and out and get my ticket before class at 9AM started. I was wrong, I had to ditch that class and wait 1.30 hours because there was a decent line by 8.30AM. I was probably 100th person in line. I got my ticket but unfortunately, it says no recording devices are allowed in so yeah...

And I even brought my special edition CD of 200 KM/H in the wrong lane japanese edition to get them to sign it but it doesn't look like that's possible since I asked one of the executive members about it, and it's hard for them to get signings, I might bring it just in case though.

Funny thing is, I'm ditching another class for this concert and the professor of the class I'm ditching is also going to go and watch them! Funny that...
PostThu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 pm
chickaroo

Tetsuhiko wrote:
My fandom for them has sorted died for awhile now with several recent peaks of interest here and there but nothing solid like back when "All The Things She Said" was popular.

But when I heard about t.A.T.u performing here at UCSB I was ecstatic! I mean, a well known group performing in a small time university like mine, no way!

Anyway, today I found out that tickets were going to be given out for free to UCSB students at 10AM. I thought I would simply walk in and out and get my ticket before class at 9AM started. I was wrong, I had to ditch that class and wait 1.30 hours because there was a decent line by 8.30AM. I was probably 100th person in line. I got my ticket but unfortunately, it says no recording devices are allowed in so yeah...

And I even brought my special edition CD of 200 KM/H in the wrong lane japanese edition to get them to sign it but it doesn't look like that's possible since I asked one of the executive members about it, and it's hard for them to get signings, I might bring it just in case though.

Funny thing is, I'm ditching another class for this concert and the professor of the class I'm ditching is also going to go and watch them! Funny that...

you are effing lucky. I would LOVE to be the president of the Russian club right now, I bet she gets to meet them backstage.
PostFri Mar 07, 2008 12:26 am
Tetsuhiko

sixthirty88 wrote:

you are effing lucky. I would LOVE to be the president of the Russian club right now, I bet she gets to meet them backstage.

Yeah, I know the treasurer of the club and they talked to them backstage and everything before it was all set up. They're really lucky!

By the way, it was an excellent concert, I had to wait 2-3 hours for them to show up on stage but I was in the front! Grin I didn't realize how dangerous it is to be in the front with everybody pushing at me. :/
PostFri Mar 07, 2008 3:56 am
Never Mind

Few short vids from the gig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHgyWFEdpI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLYQFHIbekk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3D_I_C59wk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kAHpJeg6k ("MAKE OOOUT!", lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-sm8320uyw

thanks to coopa boi(tatu.ru) for finding them!

I believe there's coming more of them to youtube.
PostFri Mar 07, 2008 5:44 am
thatgirlkassie

thank you for posting these Thumb Grin
PostFri Mar 07, 2008 7:05 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Christina-m

Rofl "make out, make out, love her" Rofl awsome... what other songs did they do?

PostFri Mar 07, 2008 10:03 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: