:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Grand Theft Auto IV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IvyRevolution

Post subject: Grand Theft Auto IV Reply with quote
Want it.
Don't have it.
Want to cry because of it. Frown

Anyone here have it (or will have it soon) and are willing to tell me all about it? I'm half a step away from clearing out my savings account just to get it. The problem isn't getting the game itself. The problem is getting either an XBox360 or a PS3.

*Sigh*

Someone tell me good stuff about the game. Please.
PostTue Apr 29, 2008 3:12 pm
FloppyChicken

Post subject: Reply with quote
I WANT IT.

Apparently they took out planes and bicycles though :(

LOL

EDIT: Oh. And you should get an Xbox 360.

As I have one.

LOL. Well that has nothing to do with it. XBOX 360S RAWK. :D

K? Okay cool.

Last edited by FloppyChicken on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 29, 2008 4:30 pm
emmatatu

i got it this morning and im so happy i aboslutly love it. my mom yelled at me becaue i've been playing it for hours haha. i'm addicted to this game!!!!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix
PostTue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 pm
Jayce

Post subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Reply with quote
IvyRevolution wrote:
The problem is getting either an XBox360 or a PS3.

XBOX XBOX XBOX! Now! It will get exclusive episodic content, AND we'll be able to play together. Grin

"Do not believe in press all that is written!" - Yulia Volkova, 2003
Sunrider is truly a ninja. - IvyRevolution
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 3:33 am
Never Mind

I dont have it either, no money right now for a PS3, and I need a new TV too, ffs, maybe in june or july i can afford Frown Frown Frown Frown im soooo pissed, because im a huge gta-fan.

And i dont care for exclusive content for shitbox, I'll get the PS3, no doubt, mainly cause of MGS4, and because ive always had Sony, Microsoft just sucks balls hard, (yes I HAVE played on the xbox and 360 to know what console I prefer)

BEST REGARDZZZ!!!!11

S0NY FANB01
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 10:45 am
IvyRevolution

Looks like we've got some 360 lovers in here!

Heh. Truthfully, I have been leaning towards a 360, mostly out of protest for the prices that will come with the PS3. But it'll probably be a futile protest since games everywhere are getting more expensive. *Sigh*

But anyway, back to the game.

I'm really salivating over it. I know they took out some content (like you mentioned, thecadetchik) but I hear they totally revamped things that I'd love to see - like the wanted levels. I always hated in the other games how frickin' hard it was to escape from the police. Apparently now it's much easier.

My problem right now is with cheats and stuff. For fun, I used to like to use Gameshark occasionally to play the game. Hacking the game can be just as fun as playing it normally. But now that it's on PS3 and Xbox, there's no Gameshark-like thing. That sucks. I don't like using the codes for the game because I hear it affects achievements and stuff.

And I don't like that.

And...
And...
And...

Oh don't get me started. I've got so much to say about this game that I desire so badly.
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 12:07 pm
Jayce

IvyRevolution wrote:
Looks like we've got some 360 lovers in here!

Heh. Truthfully, I have been leaning towards a 360, mostly out of protest for the prices that will come with the PS3. But it'll probably be a futile protest since games everywhere are getting more expensive. *Sigh*

I do love my xbox. Tongue I've got an xbox 360, a PS3 and a Wii, but the Xbox 360 is, imo, the best console I've ever had.

Anyway, where I live Xbox 360 games are on average about 10 euros cheaper than PS3 games, and the xbox has a huge amount of budget priced games in the Classics series. So thats another reason to get an xbox then. :P

Plus! Atm the xbox also has a much, much larger game library than the PS3, with many games that are similar to GTA if you like that type of game; Crackdown, Just Cause and Saints Row for example. If you like GTA, you're prolly gonna like these games too.

And for online gaming, the Xbox is definately the console of choice. I hardly ever experience any lag whatsoever using the xbox (I even prefer online gaming on the xbox to online pc gaming nowadays, that's how good it is!), while online PS3 gaming tends to suffer from extreme lag. That's a shame because if Sony's online service were better, the PS3 would have a couple of really nice online games with Warhawk, and Call of Duty 4 for example (the upcoming MGS online is gonna get awesome too).

Anyway, I played GTA IV today, and it does look pretty damn good. It's a lot more violent than any of the previous installations, from what I've seen so far. I like the fact that the game takes you back to Liberty City, and it's also pretty cool that the story isn't linear. The graphics look equally amazing on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. I haven't tried any of the online modes yet though.

PostWed Apr 30, 2008 1:17 pm
cadetchik

HIGHLY overated

This game is just not ready for the xbox

XBox Live Gamer Tag ---->CadetChik<---- Go Add Me
PostWed Apr 30, 2008 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vicky T

*looks at his wii*

gawdammit

"You are such a dick."-IvyRevolution
"You win, Champion Victor."-Russianmusicandlove
PostThu May 01, 2008 1:11 am
Never Mind

Sunrider wrote:

Tongue I've got an xbox 360, a PS3 and a Wii

ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhpffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And the GTA copycat games, like Saints Row, never appealed to me, i constantly compare them to GTA, which ruins the feeling.
PostThu May 01, 2008 6:08 am
yuliasXpunk

Vicky T wrote:
*looks at his wii*

gawdammit

Lolz I know right

Just imagine a game like this on the Wii XD

I dont think nintendo would let it pass tho they are so strict -_- damn family values

If i ever do get a xbox or ps3 i will pick this up

www.myspace.com/gunriotgirl
PostThu May 01, 2008 9:12 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IvyRevolution

Sunrider wrote:
Anyway, where I live Xbox 360 games are on average about 10 euros cheaper than PS3 games, and the xbox has a huge amount of budget priced games in the Classics series. So thats another reason to get an xbox then. :P

Plus! Atm the xbox also has a much, much larger game library than the PS3, with many games that are similar to GTA if you like that type of game; Crackdown, Just Cause and Saints Row for example. If you like GTA, you're prolly gonna like these games too.

Exactly. Price is good and the games are good (all of those games you mentioned appeal to me).

I'm still mostly up in the air over which console to pick for this game, but I'm increasingly leaning toward the 360 for the reasons already mentioned. I've been watching the boards and keeping track of different reviews. I'm hearing from everyone who matters in influencing my opinion that this game is stunning. And that's for both consoles.

Today I've been sorting through video clips that people have been posting. It just makes me want the game more. For the most part, I'm impressed with the graphics and the new features - love the idea of the cell phone. Oh the possibilities! *Sigh* And they've definitely revamped the violence. I watched a quick clip of someone being shot in the game and was surprised to see the blood mist. Heh. A very nice touch.

Hand to hand fighting looks awkward, though. Half Frown I wouldn't know since I haven't actually played it yet, but just watching it makes me wonder what they did to it.
PostThu May 01, 2008 1:59 pm
return_to_hades

Vicky T wrote:
*looks at his wii*

gawdammit

Hold it, hug it, love it, cherish it. There is nothing like the Wii. Why pretend to shoot down hos, with the Wiimote and nunchuck you can strangle your opponents in real time - old school style.

Who would have expected Manhunt 2 to be made for Wii. Nintendo has opened itself to more adult oriented games. Should GTA ever come to Wii, the Wii game play will make GTA an even more phenomenal experience.

I would love to have GTA IV, it seems like an amazing game. I never thought I would like it, but when I played GTA San Andreas, I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I am not willing to invest in a PS3 or X-Box to play a game. Until Rockstar and Nintendo work things out - I am more than happy with Mario, Zelda, Samus and co.

Blog: http://returntohades.blogspot.com/
/
PostThu May 01, 2008 4:46 pm
blackcrave

people here in our place were rushing to the game shop to buy the game... can't wait to play this game
PostFri May 02, 2008 10:31 am
IvyRevolution

return_to_hades wrote:
Nintendo has opened itself to more adult oriented games. Should GTA ever come to Wii, the Wii game play will make GTA an even more phenomenal experience.

Oh my god, I can only imagine such greatness.
PostFri May 02, 2008 12:57 pm
Jayce

Tbh Im not at all impressed with the Wii in the gameplay area. What it does is hardly revolutionary imo. I imagine GTA IV would just be a worse looking and less playable port of the original, much like the other titles that have been ported to the Wii so far.

The reason I do love my wii is that theres a bunch of great first party titles on it...and Virtual Console rocks. Wii has better downloadable games than either the X360 or the PS3.

PostFri May 02, 2008 1:34 pm
IvyRevolution

Well, I can imagine that the graphics wouldn't look as good on the Wii, but you'd think that technology will advance. Hopefully when the times comes for GTA to come to the Wii, the technology (graphics) will already be there. I'm not much of a fan of the Wii myself, but it isn't because of the shortcomings of the system. Just my personal preference in what to play.
PostSat May 03, 2008 12:15 pm
return_to_hades

I have to agree that the Wii graphics are nothing compared to what PS3 or X-box 360 can offer. Personally I doubt if Nintendo really will improve graphics significantly. The Wii has improved over Gamecube but Nintendo will perhaps always be behind in the graphics and game play department. However, I feel that in the interactivity and game involvement aspect Nintendo is far ahead. At least for me there is an extra something in waving a remote around and smashing into the TV.

Definitely a GTA for Wii will be a watered down version with lower quality graphics and game play. Yet it appeals to a person like me who is not a hardcore gamer and games more for the 'fun' aspect. I would love to walk down the streets gunning down people with a Wiimote or waving it like a baton. Which is why even though I hope for a GTA port someday, I highly doubt it because GTA is not targeted for the recreational gamers nor would Rockstar ever compromise on the potential high end graphics and much more realistic immersive gameplay for a lower end console.

/
PostSun May 04, 2008 7:09 pm
IvyRevolution

Got the 360.
Got the game.

My life is complete.

Kthnx.
PostTue May 06, 2008 5:46 pm
tATuROCKSxxx

I WANT IT.
I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DID YOU HEAR ME?????!!!!
I WAAAAANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cry Cry Cry

Squint I WILL get it.
Yeah.
lol

PostMon May 12, 2008 12:07 pm
tegal

I had it the day it came out :)

its cool.

You're my cup of tea <3
PostMon May 12, 2008 4:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BartyD

I want it!

Though, I'm pretty satisfied with my GTA: Vice City.
Ever since GTA 3 came out, i loved the games.

I'm way, to gay for you!
PostMon May 12, 2008 5:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
IvyRevolution

I sprung for the 360 and the game. If you haven't played it, it's totally worth it.

The other day I escaped from a 4 star wanted level. It was intense. It was the first time I've seen my character get thrown through the windshield during a crash.

The graphics are amazing. Bodies respond in a very lifelike way (example: getting hit by the train - you will die in a very dramatic way, especially if you get hit at just the right speed at just the right angle...I learned this by accident).
PostMon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm
return_to_hades

Since I suck at games thats how I play GTA. See how long I can hold off against a wanted level or stealing different kinds of vehicles. I love stealing riding mowers.

/
PostMon May 12, 2008 10:54 pm
Jayce

IvyRevolution wrote:

The graphics are amazing. Bodies respond in a very lifelike way (example: getting hit by the train - you will die in a very dramatic way, especially if you get hit at just the right speed at just the right angle...I learned this by accident).

I see you've been experimenting :p

So....when are you getting xbox live gold? Grin

PostTue May 13, 2008 2:31 am
IvyRevolution

return_to_hades wrote:
Since I suck at games thats how I play GTA. See how long I can hold off against a wanted level or stealing different kinds of vehicles. I love stealing riding mowers.

LOL. Mowers. Of all things.
I don't usually try for a wanted level since they truly give me a sense of panic (even if it is only a video game). I don't like panicking. The four star thing was the first purposeful wanted level. I visited the littlelacysurprisepageant website, which is known for giving four star wanted levels in the game. I was just curious to see how it would work. And then I was sad because I realized how frickin' crazy four stars really is.

I did manage to escape, though, and I got the achievement that the 360 gives for surviving 5 minutes with that level, or whatever that achievement is.

Sunrider wrote:
I see you've been experimenting

Only accidentally. I didn't see the train coming. :D

Sunrider wrote:
So....when are you getting xbox live gold?

When I don't have to pay extra for it. I have Silver.
PostTue May 13, 2008 10:02 am
Never Mind

I think the best thing about why GTA is so much better than it's copycats is the parody of American culture. You hear it on the radio, the citizens, the ads, it makes the GTA-world a funny sick society, not far from reality.
PostTue May 13, 2008 10:27 am
Naruto.

GTA looks aweosme. Grin
I've gotta wait 'till my bf is
finished with it, until I can play, lol.
PostTue May 13, 2008 1:34 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: