:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
220 (Dvesti Dvadsat) - Second Single + Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
June, 02
On the night from 4th to 5th of June t.A.T.u. will premiere their new video "220" on Youtube.

In the nearest future "220" will premiere on MTV (Ukraine), Viva! (Poland), MAD TV (Greece), MAD TV (Bulgaria) and on several Russian music channels.

MUZ-TV and MTV-Russia refused to play "220".

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=652

MUZ-TV and MTV-Russia refused? Seriously? Squint
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 2:58 pm
YunaVolkova

why did they refuse to play it? well now i'll need to cheack youtube on the 4th or 5th.
You go on begging. Like this thing gives a damn what we want.The whole world is out to get us. I can barely keep myself alive.Let alone some kid!To the Fal'cei humans are tools. I'm not going to die for one of them.
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 3:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Never Mind

Maybe there's something Medvedev and Putin dont like
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 3:05 pm
volkova_89

What is wrong with MUZ-TV and MTV??? Mad
Why are they turning their backs on tatu? Frown
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 3:20 pm
xena225

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=652
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 5:31 pm
Christina-m

but they show the one where they shoot yulia.... something is wrong with russian tv

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
Facebook.com/LenaKatina.USA
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 5:34 pm
BooBear

Well, we'll definitely have to check youtube on those dates!

-shakes fists at MUZ and MTV-

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 5:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
iLuvjulia84

Thanks for all the info xena225 :]
gosh.. i wonder what is the reason they don't want to play it Half Frown

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 6:15 pm
Haley

Youtube............

lol.
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 8:15 pm
YunaVolkova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIdK4cjSZ4

220 trailer from tatu's offical channal/profile.
You go on begging. Like this thing gives a damn what we want.The whole world is out to get us. I can barely keep myself alive.Let alone some kid!To the Fal'cei humans are tools. I'm not going to die for one of them.
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iLuvjulia84

^Thanks so much for the link!! : D omg CANNOT waitttt w00t

PostMon Jun 02, 2008 9:04 pm
tuvey

omg.. i am so psyched

DeviantART
PostMon Jun 02, 2008 10:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Prosti

owh i want to see it. want to know why MUZ-TV and MTV don't play the video..

http://www.last.fm/user/Daantje2678/
PostTue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 am
Tom

It's hilarious how excited less than 20 seconds of footage has made me! I'm glad to see it was directed by James Cox, I had wondered. If anyone wants global premiere times I worked some out...

Los Angeles - Wednesday 4, 1:01pm
New York - Wednesday 4, 4:01pm
London - Wednesday 4, 9:01pm
Milan - Wednesday 4, 10:01pm
Moscow - Thursday 5, 00:01am
Tokyo - Thursday 5, 5:01am
Sydney - Thursday 5, 6:01am
PostTue Jun 03, 2008 8:33 am
Christina-m

yay thanks Tom ... Grin

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
Facebook.com/LenaKatina.USA
PostTue Jun 03, 2008 8:36 am
BooBear

so if I've not mistaken, Russian time is 8 hours ahead of mine.. because it's 7:20 there now.. and it's only 11:20 here.. and that means, if it premieres at 00:01 there time.. it would be.. 4:01.. mine? I think.. Confused

I've never been good with knowing which States have the same time as me.. :(

Oh well! I'll check at 4.. and hopefully it'll be there.

That' little snippet they have on youtube... Drool

PostTue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
xena225

Insider on Blog.Tatu.ru posted this:

Quote:
... As regards the reasons of TV-channels denial, it has nothing to do neither with "format", nor with "message", and really nothing with technical or artistical qualities of the video.
To tell long story short, monopolists of the Russia's music broadcasting just punish t.A.T.u. for being independent.
And that's it.
I would not, like some hotheads, dump on definite people of showbiz, claiming their participation in any conspiracy.
Nothing we have in proof of their personal hostile actions (one or two phrases here and there in some interviews can not be taken for evidence), and to hurt a man is a piece of cake...

Source + complete entry:
http://blog.tatu.ru/Insider/2008/06/04/1212576000000.html
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 8:36 am
YunaVolkova

i think that punishing t.A.T.u for being independent by not playing the 220 video is stupid. Mad
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 9:39 am
Maraja

That's detestable if it's true. Puke
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 am
iLuvjulia84

New "220" video :]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOcmSsBfafg

Well.. the girls look beautiful as always, but.. i didn't quite like the video Half Frown it's kinda like "Gomenasai" how it didn't really have a point to it :/ ..i don't know.. i feel like there's something missing, and for me this is their worst video yet =/
Oh, and i'm begining to hate the dancing o_o it's just not them in my opinion :[

PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:02 pm
volkova_89

I think that the fans expect great things from tatu. They have given such amazing vids like Belyi Plashik Grin
Now, 220 video was kinda plain ... no plot, same scenario, only a couple different shots.
However, the girls looked their best. I loved how they look on this video. The way Yulia looks at the camera, and Lena looks away from it Lovely

Does anybody else find cute the way Yulia arranges the microphone like at the middle of the video? Grin
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:13 pm
livelifelow

I didn't really like the video, it just seemed too plain and boring. Lena and Yulia both looked gorgeous though, especially Lena.
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:21 pm
BooBear

volkova_89 wrote:

Does anybody else find cute the way Yulia arranges the microphone like at the middle of the video? Grin

I thought that was adorable! How she just turns it slightly.. sooo cute!

But the video was kind of plain. I did like the different approach, and style.. I guess it's because they've had such shocking vids, girls making out the rain, carousels blowing up, Yulia masturbating in the shower, pregnant women getting executed. That we've come to expect shocking stuff from the girls, but it's a nice change of pace.

But still slightly bland.

The girls look absolutely gorgeous though.. Drool

PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:24 pm
Never Mind

Well, maybe not as bad as FoF and Gomenasai, what irritated in FoF was the "we are just dancing here and try to look good" audience, this was better without it, but what the fuck was the band? I only recognized Sven.
About the dancing, I think about it as that they are like puppets on strings, you know? that's the only guess I have what they try to do, someone's pulling their strings and stop, I dont find the dancing irritating when I think about it like that. But im afraid the worst part is that this is not a tatu-vid, this is a Yulia-vid, it leaves Lena cold behind, why? because she revealed everything in Beliy Plashik? 220 is not a bad song, but it's their worst single choice, and it leaves the video a bit pointless.

But I agree with everyone that they look awesome.
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:38 pm
Tom

At first I thought elegant, but boring. But then I watched it again and I began to pay close attention to the movements. I think there's something to be read into it in regards to the songs lyrics. Notice how it's like they're mimicking each other, extending and moving their limbs like marionettes. It's almost like a mirror, that thought is backed up by the fact they do not touch each other.

If I had to make a guess as to what possible message the video communicates, it's that t.A.T.u are now free of their management (the strings of the marionette are cut, allowing their limbs to move more freely and fluid like) and gaining strength off of one another rather than a manufactured image (dressing alike and mimicking each others movements).

I wouldn't mistake their similar costumes of being reminiscent to their first music video, in which they also dressed a like. Think of where you wear a school uniform... at school, a place where you're told what to do and what wear and how to think! Now look at the costumes in 220. To me they scream empowerment, maturity and sexuality and even individuality (when Lena tosses aside her hat).

Tell me I'm reading too much into it, but take a closer look when you watch the video and try to recognise the points I've made.

If I'm right and this is t.A.T.u's message now (Upravleniye Otbrosami = Management of Waste - the waste that was their old image, to which they are taking ahold of and managing themselves?), I like it more than ever!

Translation: The videos f***ing awesome, dude!!!
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:39 pm
Never Mind

Tom wrote:

If I had to make a guess as to what possible message the video communicates, it's that t.A.T.u are now free of their management (the strings of the marionette are cut, allowing their limbs to move more freely and fluid like) and gaining strength off of one another rather than a manufactured image (dressing alike and mimicking each others movements).

Now that I read that i actually agree with that more than what I said before about Lena and Yulia being puppets on strings, because clearly that's not the case anymore, they are more free now.
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 pm
YunaVolkova

i thought they look amazing. yes the video is different from what they have doen before,but i still like it and 220 is catchy.. this album to me is like D&M because the meaning of the songs are in the song lyrics;in order to understand the message you have to listen to the song. the message in 220 is cryptic just like it is in Beily Plaschik.
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 5:42 pm
t.A.T.u97

I guess we all have our hopes up to see something controversial with an in depth story line..and when they don't deliver that, it feels flat. But everyone elses' videos are like this; senseless beauty shots.

I have to say the dancing was awful and I wanted to look away...Yulia's dance moves were sort of cute but she didn't commit to make them sexy...Lenas...the whole time it was just embarrassing to watch her..I think if she got better dance moves instead of these (who taught them this and why???) Lena could have done something alot sexier!

Although I was suprised when Yulia pulled the microphone off and started singing the 2nd verse ;p

~Gay for Yulia~
PostWed Jun 04, 2008 7:59 pm
tuvey

I really like the beginning of the MV. the lights were off and the spotlight shining on the people playing the instruments.
The whole video reminds me of Friend or Foe where they were just performing the song on stage. I dont really mind watching artist just performing the song on stage.. i quite like it that way.. Grin
I like the shot when Yulia adjusted the mic and the other one where she took the mic off the stand Smile

DeviantART
PostThu Jun 05, 2008 12:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tsui

I have to say that I didn't even like the song to begin with, but right now I love it.
With this video I'm going through the same proccess, and although the fact that we always get some hidden meaning behind their videos makes us think that this video is too plain, I'm starting to really like it, even the dancing moves, which I find interesting. Wink
I would make it even better if the set changed a bit, though.
PostThu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 am
Spotchy

I like theme of the video, but the choreography was a bit...I don't know. It needed more feeling. It was too plain for my taste. Half Frown But maybe that's just me.
I'm not too crazy about the song either.

Hopefully their next single will be better.
PostThu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 am
IvyRevolution

I agree with you, Tom. For the first frames or so I was sitting here going, "WTH?" But then I started paying close attention to the way they were moving - it's exactly like you said, like puppets on a string. I don't know if there are hidden meanings in it anywhere since I'm not normally good at picking out those things, but I think the movements had a definite reason. It was mechanical in a beautiful way.

The song itself - it took a few listens a while ago for me to finally like it, but I came around.

This isn't my favorite video of t.A.T.u.
I definitely like it though.
PostThu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 am
missionman8

Banning just makes a video more popular inevitably. Course this one was very tame by tatu standards, I was hoping for more body parts...James Cox is obviously their go to guy, he's better than this...
PostThu Jun 05, 2008 2:11 pm
BooBear

Tom wrote:
If I'm right and this is t.A.T.u's message now (Upravleniye Otbrosami = Management of Waste - the waste that was their old image, to which they are taking ahold of and managing themselves?), I like it more than ever!

That and how the girls have previously mentioned that a lot of people have emotional waste, and baggage that stop them from doing what they want, and the album deals with that also. According to a few interviews. Unless I imagined them, but yeah.

The way you analyzed the video is actually really cool! I'll have to look at it again with all those things in mind. I had noticed the similar outfits, and mimicking of the movements and puppet like gestures.

PostThu Jun 05, 2008 10:09 pm
t.A.T.u97

Thing that killed me was about at 1:30...the cut from dancing Yulia to standing still Yulia was so random and threw me off.

~Gay for Yulia~
PostFri Jun 06, 2008 2:55 am
redrose

i didnt really like the vedio, there moves are bad, and since they are siging on stage i didn't feel any emotions in Yuli's face i dont know how to discribe it Half Frown and the fact that Lena is dancing and Yulia is siging it was in my openion "boring ", but hey i still love tatu, and 'll sport them for ever Thumb , Lena was gorguse
PostFri Jun 06, 2008 7:45 am
Zyniker

Erm.....the video has been deleted?
PostFri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 am
Tom

Zyniker wrote:
Erm.....the video has been deleted?

Not as far as I can tell. Over 100,000 views. Grin
PostFri Jun 06, 2008 3:56 pm
the king of sting

Supermarionette was the first word that came into my head, and rightly so. Choreogrphy-wise i like this better than anything they've done thus far- jerky, mechanical and very much giving the impression that they're not in control of their own bodies. In other words, puppets. And as a kid who grew up idolising Captain Scarlet, that's cool in my book.

[quote=Tom]Tell me I'm reading too much into it[/quote]

You're reading too much into it.

And as its been pointed out Lena's little more than eye candy in this video. Not that that's a bad thing, rather inevitable given the song. And its nice to have something "normal" after that video. It'll take months to get over that. Hell, something tame like this is the last thing we would've expected, right? Caught us all off guard, didn't they? Wink
The Tajik in space was the best one. Apparently he's been in the Soyuz since 1990 but when the USSR broke up responsibility for getting him back passed to Tajikistan, which could not afford it. However he's been paid ever since and now has USD 100,000,000 in his space account. He can't spend it until he hires a ship to get him down, which he will do if you activate his bank account...
PostFri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 pm
belochka07

Well...just finished watching the video. I have to say, I completely forgot it was premiering on YouTube until I found a new article talking about how "Tatu was playing it straight." I was all, what? And then I saw the video.

To me, the whole video was quite tasteful. Both girls look extremely gorgeous and did anyone else notice how cute it was when Lena adjusted her fedora? That was so adorable. Rolleyes

It's just kind of strange to watch. You compare it to the old videos and you notice how mature they've grown as artists and how they've moved back to the old pop sound. It was very enlightening to watch. And yet, I'm just not blown away. Don't get me wrong. I love the song! And I'm extremely looking forward to the upcoming album. But I don't know...it lacked the edge that I've witnessed in so many kickass Tatu videos. And I felt like I was seeing more Yulia than Lena (which might make sense, since she sang the great majority of the song). I was picturing like back-up dancers and bright lights...kind of like a disco-ey video. lol

But anyway, I'm probably too harsh a critic. Overall, I think the video was very sophisticated and different. Oh, and MUZ-TV and MTV Russia are total dooshbags. Thumb
PostFri Jun 06, 2008 9:32 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: