:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
New album: Veselye Ulybki/Happy Smiles/Waste Management
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshIdiot

Post subject: Reply with quote
Rae wrote:
Oh, the girls also say that they're still recording english versions for some songs, perhaps we'll be getting another dual-language release? Time will tell I guess.

YAY! I really hope so, that would make me so much happier than just one CD. Selfish much? Angel
PostSat Sep 27, 2008 6:32 pm
DarknessInTheLight

i havent been here 4ever, but i really hope this is released soon, like early october since september is like impossible, an did any1 else notice that hannah montana has the same title as 1 of the new songs? yeah, i saw fly on the wall an it was sooo sad that that was my 1st thought, i just hope theyre nuthin alike, but sadly, they probably will be similar, how many variations can u have from fly on the wall? its commonly used with spying, which is the theme used by hannah montana, tho, knowin tatu, theyll probably come up with some strange take on it at least, thats what 1 can hope
PostSat Sep 27, 2008 8:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lenalover44

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/tatu-from-russia-with-lust-943444.html
Tatu just said in an interview that the album is going to be released in October!!. BUT, it's just like last December. BUT, I think it's legit. They have 3(soon 4) singles, so it kinda HAS to come out!! What do you think?

Thanx for the name... lena_lover and all you other lovers out there!!!!!
PostSun Sep 28, 2008 2:41 pm
belochka07

Lenalover44 wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/tatu-from-russia-with-lust-943444.html
Tatu just said in an interview that the album is going to be released in October!!. BUT, it's just like last December. BUT, I think it's legit. They have 3(soon 4) singles, so it kinda HAS to come out!! What do you think?

Quite honestly, I'm going to wait until Tatu.ru makes the official release date. Squint
PostSun Sep 28, 2008 5:03 pm
BooBear

-twiddles thumbs-

Honestly, I think I must have the patience of a Saint... only when it comes to these girls though!

I could wait forever for a next album.. and I do give them props, they are doing pretty well trying to do this all by themselves and trying to get themselves a label and all.

I'm just looking forward to the end result and know it'll be amazing once we get it. Thumb

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<
PostSun Sep 28, 2008 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
xena225

Next video from Russia.ru, Lena and Yulia talk about the third album - and more. ;)

No translation yet.

Third clip from the top.
--> http://www.russia.ru/geroi/tatu/

A little bit of hand-holding there at the end of the clip. Cool
PostThu Oct 02, 2008 7:15 am
volchiseO1

belochka07 wrote:
Quite honestly, I'm going to wait until Tatu.ru makes the official release date. Squint

Squint Word.
PostThu Oct 02, 2008 2:35 pm
Lenalover44

volchiseO1 wrote:
belochka07 wrote:

Squint Word.

Yeah, but it seems they are trying to grab your attention elsewhere.... They give you info. on their performances, which we've known for a while... I know they are waiting for an official date before they post it on Tatu.ru, but come on!! They have a label, they have a manager, they have the fans, they have EVERYTHING needed to be successful!! Let's go ladies, bring on the music!!!

PostThu Oct 02, 2008 6:21 pm
t.A.T.u97

Next Month.

Okay, this time we mean it, Next month.

Okay look....Sometimes things just don't work out. Next Month.

Crap, Yulia just got pregnant again. Next Month.

We're super serious this time. Next Month.

We just like fking with you, Next month.

I don't understand how t.A.T.u are able to get a movie out and new singles out but can't get their own album out. The whole thing is overly frustrating and ridiculous, even for t.A.T.u's unreliable management.

~Gay for Yulia~
PostFri Oct 03, 2008 1:41 am
xena225

The press release is back up, no release date though.

But... Have a look at this...

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=668

A few changes have been made, can you see them? And no, not just the big, glaring one. ;)

I wonder if there's going to be some kind of mirror or transparency/see-through effect - or just a big black hole.

Comments?

EDIT: This was already posted on the Viva Comet Awards thread, but since they talk about the new album, I'll post it here as well: http://teledyski.onet.pl/0,4033510,0,1,teledyski.html
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 am
NULL

^

Well, near the arm they've put the Upravelniye Ubostrami logo :O

and they changed the heart peice, and where the korean flag was on the right, its changed to.. i dont know what it is, the russia flag?

:D
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 12:44 pm
Haley

NULL wrote:
^

and they changed the heart peice, and where the korean flag was on the right, its changed to.. i dont know what it is, the russia flag?

Hmm, Department Of Control symbol I believe.
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 4:16 pm
volchiseO1

NULL wrote:
^

You're right about the UO logo. And definitely that one over where her heart would be has changed too.

Nyet. But, it's not the Russian Federation's flag. I have no clue what it is. But for some reason I get the feeling that it might be that logo from the "Department of Control" in the Beliy Plaschik video.

Either that or a KGB logo Tongue
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 pm
Tom

Maybe they're going to run a competition: "Win your Happy Smile on the brand new t.A.T.u album!" Grin
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm
AshIdiot

I honestly don't even care anymore. I'm just going to listen to other bands. Piss on tatu, they can't even give us a release date because they're too busy fucking around with artwork. god.
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 7:02 pm
Lenalover44

xena225 wrote:
The press release is back up, no release date though.

But... Have a look at this...

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=668

A few changes have been made, can you see them? And no, not just the big, glaring one. ;)

I wonder if there's going to be some kind of mirror or transparency/see-through effect - or just a big black hole.

Comments?

EDIT: This was already posted on the Viva Comet Awards thread, but since they talk about the new album, I'll post it here as well: http://teledyski.onet.pl/0,4033510,0,1,teledyski.html

It's on tatu.ru NOW!!]They have given a new press release!!!! I think that they have control over the cd and the release date!!!

PostWed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 pm
t.A.T.u97

I'm sorry but this is just beyond anything I've ever heard. Even for t.A.T.u fans and dealing with their shitty management..this is beyond testing our patience. Their management is a complete joke to use that image in the first place but then they don't even have the rights to it or any permission? Fucking idiots.

Why don't they just use the original picture with the girls?????

~Gay for Yulia~
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 9:22 pm
Haley

^I agree. Annoyed
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 pm
BooBear

Hm... the ratio of English/Russian songs worries me that there will only be one album and not one Russian and one English respectively. Half Frown

PostWed Oct 08, 2008 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Rosalie

AshIdiot wrote:
I honestly don't even care anymore. I'm just going to listen to other bands. Piss on tatu, they can't even give us a release date because they're too busy fucking around with artwork. god.

Haha this post made me laugh Smile I love tatu but couldn't help but laugh when I read this.
PostWed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 pm
xena225

Why is it so important to have a release date? The album's ready when the album's ready.

And AshIdiot, it's not like we didn't get any new songs, right? Beliy Plashik/White Robe, five brand new remixes of this song (Plant of Nothing, No Mercy, Marsiano, House of Robots, Astro), 220, You and I, Ne Zhaley, Vremya Luni, Little People (performed at a concert) - that's not nothing.

Lena said in the above interview that they didn't expect how much time it would take to release an album without a big record company - this is the first time they are doing this on their own - instead of "pissing" on them, I will support them in what they do, and not deny support in a year when they need it most. Not because I'm a "blind" fan, but because I believe in what they do.
PostThu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 am
NULL

Yeah, i have actually gone past the phaze of checking everyday to see when its released, and the actual hype of a new album, its becoming more of a chore to check up on it, expecting news of a further delay or a slight delay.

A while ago they said their songs were done? it was just printing and stuff they needed to do?

what i think is, if they don't release it before...say January, they should just release it online? it doesnt really take management to do that, they could even stick it on itunes (if they can get on it) and then just release it physically when theyve tinkered the album cover after the 1000th time.

my 2 cents. lol

^ made by me ^^
PostThu Oct 09, 2008 5:45 am
Never Mind

xena225 wrote:
Why is it so important to have a release date? The album's ready when the album's ready.

It's not important, I understand that they have difficulties because they are on their own, but the way the management has been bullshitting us of saying "it will come next month" "no next month" "no wai...NEXT MONTH WE PROMISE" "ARITE NEXT YEAR!!!" They could just explain that they aren't sure when it comes, and not just throw a pointless release date to us every week.
PostThu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 am
xena225

Never Mind wrote:
It's not important, I understand that they have difficulties because they are on their own, but the way the management has been bullshitting us of saying "it will come next month" ...

I don't think they have been "bullshitting" us, I do believe that they honestly tried to get it out - but realized that there are many (unforeseen) factors to be considered when you release an album (or rather, two albums) without a big record label, with big money and a big organization. Lena said as much in a recent interview. Like I said: This is the first time they are doing it, and I don't mind waiting at all.

We didn't get specific release dates recently, but you know, they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they give a release date and it has to be postponed, some fans are angry, and if they don't give a specific release date, some fans are still angry. It's a no-win situation for some. "They could just explain that they aren't sure when it comes" - yes, but I still believe that they had every intention to release the album when they said they would. Now we'll just have to wait and see.

My point of view is that t.A.T.u. need the support of their fanbase, especially now that they are without a record company - of course we would all like to get the new album as quickly as possible, but if it takes more time, by all means: Take the time.
PostThu Oct 09, 2008 6:25 am
BooBear

I ditto everything Xena said for a lack of better terms.

There's absolutely no way of covering all your bases in order to avoid any unforseen circumstances that may arise. I honestly tip my hat of to these girls who've for all of their career up 'til now had a major recording label and such, for not just giving up and saying "Eff you fans". Because, believe me, I have no doubts it must have crossed their minds when they encountered some obstacles.

Instead, they did the smart thing and never gave a definite release date for the album, which is a good thing. In the meantime, they've been doing some promos, releasing videos, etc. Instead of just leaving us with nothing.

Just because they're encountering difficulties, I'm not going to turn my back on them when they need the fans support and understanding the most.

YES, it's frustrating. But, we can't possibly have any idea what they're going through because we're on the receiving end, not the production end.

Anyways, as I said, I tip my hat off to these girls. They are absolutely amazing for everything they've gone through and they're still doing it for the fans. Grin

PostThu Oct 09, 2008 9:01 am
Never Mind

xena225 wrote:
Never Mind wrote:
It's not important, I understand that they have difficulties because they are on their own, but the way the management has been bullshitting us of saying "it will come next month" ...

I don't think they have been "bullshitting" us, I do believe that they honestly tried to get it out - but realized that there are many (unforeseen) factors to be considered when you release an album (or rather, two albums) without a big record label, with big money and a big organization. Lena said as much in a recent interview. Like I said: This is the first time they are doing it, and I don't mind waiting at all.

We didn't get specific release dates recently, but you know, they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they give a release date and it has to be postponed, some fans are angry, and if they don't give a specific release date, some fans are still angry.

I don't have a problem on waiting either! there is so much other music that can keep me busy. And I wouldn't damn them for not giving a release date at all, I just don't like the way they think "Oh we have to give a fake release date to the fans so they won't get angry!". A simple "it will come around the end of 2008/beginning of 2009" and when it gets nearer, and when they are 100% sure, they give the release date, even if it would be the next day. I adore the girls for going strong, I support them, even if im not a addicted fan anymore, and I really hope they get it released this year, if not, then hopefully next year, just no more lies please.
PostThu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 am
BooBear

Well, they aren't lies when they are told. Lies are when someone purposely or intentionally misleads you.

I honestly don't think they set out to give us a date and purposely did everything in their power not to release it on that date.

It's like as if you tell someone "Yes, we'll definitely hang out or whatever that day" but something comes up and you can't. You didn't lie.

Same for them. They are flawed just like the rest of humankind and they encounter unforeseen obstacles. Doesn't mean they lied.

PostThu Oct 09, 2008 8:04 pm
Never Mind

BooBear wrote:

It's like as if you tell someone "Yes, we'll definitely hang out or whatever that day" but something comes up and you can't. You didn't lie.

But wouldn't you be worried and frustrated if your friend would say that three times in a row, "something came up...AGAIN", and when you ask what's going on, he/she won't answer to you.

And alright, maybe I used the wrong words "no more lies". tATu management, just give us a realistic release date the next time, k thx.
PostFri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 pm
belochka07

It is frustrating, of course, but luckily I love Tatu too much to really get upset. Smile I'm just hoping it comes out this year.
PostFri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm
BooBear

Never Mind wrote:
BooBear wrote:

But wouldn't you be worried and frustrated if your friend would say that three times in a row, "something came up...AGAIN", and when you ask what's going on, he/she won't answer to you.

And alright, maybe I used the wrong words "no more lies". tATu management, just give us a realistic release date the next time, k thx.

I understand that point of view but so far, they have given us legitimate reasons as to why it hasn't been released on time. And as for a realistic release date, they thought it was doable for it to be released on a certain date, except unexpected things come up. I mean, I'd rather have a kickass album than something they felt rushed to put out because they said it would be out on this day. And it's hard to project when they'll be done because they've never done all of this on their own without a major company.

That's all I'm trying to get across.

PostFri Oct 10, 2008 8:30 pm
remix220

I really hope that is not the cover to the album... :/
I think the real CD cover is inside the China woman...
PostSat Oct 11, 2008 2:14 pm
BGB889

The time is upon us Cheers Cheers

Quote:
October, 15

t.A.T.u.s third studio album Happy Smiles will be released October 21 (Tuesday). The first copies of the album will be delivered to two SOYUZ stores situated on Pyatnitskaya St. and Leninskiy Prospect, 11. On this day well be giving special posters to the first buyers of Happy Smiles in Lelinskiy Prospect store (the number of posters is limited)!

In a few weeks Happy Smiles will be distributed among other stores.

Please dont forget the 50 roubles discount coupon from the hyperion-plate Beliy Plaschik it will be valid! We remind you that in SOYUZ stores Happy Smiles will cost 299 roubles.

On the release day at 9PM t.A.T.u. will welcome all the fans at the photo-and-signing session at SOYUZ store on Leninskiy Prospect, 11. Everybody will have a chance to sign their albums and have a professional picture together with t.A.T.u.!

Please take into account that the photo-and-signing session will last no more than two hours please come early.

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=679

Personally, I think that the songs and album will be worth the wait. I'm not expecting something revolutionary a-la their first album, but tatu albums for me are like those hard-to-find precious elements. One spends what seems like an eternity hoping to find them, but once you do then there's no looking back. Such material, rare as it is, really ought to be treasured.

Grin Can't wait to spend countless hours listening and re-listening to all the new material.
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 8:01 am
NULL

Thats great news Grin it has a release.. for a couple of stores, but the "in a few weeks" the rest of the stores, so that means its selling like 1 stores worth, then waiting weeks for other copies

(glad people will be able to buy it though)

*wonders how i'm gonna buy a copy...*

^ made by me ^^
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 am
Christina-m

Are they not selling it on tatu.ru? Because I have no idea what those stores are and I use USD not roubles Rolleyes

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
Facebook.com/LenaKatina.USA
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 am
xena225

That's great! :lala:

Thanks for posting, BGB889! Thumb

Christina-m, I'm sure it will be available at the Tatu.ru shop - hopefully on October 21.
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 am
Tom

OMG! That is so weird, I woke up at about 8 this morning, which is very strange and early for me, cos I jut had this feeling that today would be THE DAY! So I banged my laptop on but there was no news, and I thought I'd just been wishful thinking again - but it turns out my instincts were right! YAY, I must go tell everybody who cares, and even those who do not!

Still, if the final cover does have that black square on it... the only thing that will make it look better will be Julia and Lena's autographs!
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 9:37 am
Never Mind

Damn it, one more day later and it could have been on my birthday Wink good news!
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 am
[Delphi]

xena225 wrote:
That's great! :lala:

Thanks for posting, BGB889! Thumb

Christina-m, I'm sure it will be available at the Tatu.ru shop - hopefully on October 21.

It'll be there sooner rather than later, since the press release confirmed that the official shop (and Soyuz stores) are the main retail partners. They might wait one day before putting it up, though, to keep the in-store signing appearances special.
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 10:00 am
jojotatu

Great News.... Elephant
( im wondering how quick it goes up on Ebay ) Grin.. but im not going down that road. Ill have to wait i guess Frown Grin

There comes a time we all know,
There's a place that we must go,
Into the soul into the heart,
Into the dark..
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iLuvjulia84

I'm glad that everything has come together and they can finally release the album! Smile

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostWed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 18 of 26

Jump to: