:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
I Love You More Than Pi (NC-17/HOLD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooBear

Post subject: Reply with quote
How lame am I? I woke up at 8:30 this morning... and I've been writing this update for you guys.. hmm.. you'd think I'd have better things to do on my birthday but apparently not. So I hope you guys like this chapter, it's just nonsense and filling, but it's something! Grin

And just so you guys don't think I'm a total loser, I do have dinner plans with my grandparents tonight. Haha, oh man, that makes it worse. Half Frown

---------------

Chapter X

Last day of conventions were always hard because you finally have to admit to yourself that it’s over. You have to go back to the real world where you get teased for liking what you like. At conventions, you’re accepted and even if it’s only for a few days, it’s wonderful. However, not only had I found acceptance at this convention. I’d found love and that was a lot harder to give up or let go than acceptance. I could deal with being a part of society’s rejects but having to say goodbye to Lena had me in pieces. I knew I had to stop worrying about it. We still had one day left but it was there at the back of my mind. It haunted me and followed me wherever I went.

“What are you thinking about?”
Her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked over to her and smiled,
“Food,” I lied. She shook her head before pulling out a notebook from her bag. We were back at the same diner but for breakfast this time. It was convenient and nearby, and the food was decent.
“What are you doing?” I asked as she opened the notebook and flipped to a blank page.
“Just wait...” she shushed me as she searched through her bag for a pen. After finally finding one, her eyes drifted back to me and a small smile teased the corners of her lips.

“What’s your full name? Like, the one on your birth certificate.”
I sipped my orange juice and perked a brow,
“What is this? An interrogation? Are you going to ask for my social security number next?”

She laughed and shook her head,
“No... what is it?”
“Yulia Olegovna Volkova.”
“Thanks,” she muttered before scribbling what I assumed to be my name in the notebook. She was silent for a few minutes. I watched her scribble here, circle there. I tried to lean over the table but she simply pulled the notebook up against her chest and gave me a playful look.

“Just wait,” she instructed again. When she finally looked back up, I thought it was because she was done and I’d finally find out what she was doing but it wasn’t.

“Birthdate?”
“February 20th... you know that.”
“I need the year too,” she smiled.
I nodded slowly, trying to figure out what she was up to.
“1985”
She went back to her scribbling and my curiosity continued to peak as I continued to watch her. Concentration shone in her eyes and at one point, she stuck her tongue out at the corner of her mouth. I laughed. She finally placed the notebook down and grinned,
“All right. All done.”

I looked at the notebook and frowned. What she’d done made no sense to me. My name and birthdate were scribbled on the page but along with it a bunch of numbers. Every letter had a number associated to it. Then she’d circled the consonants in my name.

“What’s all done?” I asked.
“Okay, so you have your obsession with numbers. Pi and all. Mine is numerology. You can put as much faith into is as astrology depending on if you believe in that stuff but I just do it for fun. Although, a lot of times it’s creepy how accurate it can be.”

I reached over and picked up the notebook. I studied the page more carefully and noticed that along with my name and birthdate and a bunch of random numbers, there were also specific type of numbers. There was a name, compound name, personality, heart, life, destiny and karmic number.

“What does it all mean?”
She took the notebook back from me and began to explain,
“All right... so each number tells you something about yourself. Your name number is five so that means you’re courteous and charming but you’re not afraid to be blunt if needed. You usually tell it the way it is. If something bothers you, you aren’t the type to keep it to yourself. However, you tend to be hard on yourself and others when mistakes happen. You can be prone to overanalyze situations because you don’t believe in relying on intuition and feelings.”

“That’s not true!” I interjected and she waved a finger at me. I slouched back down in my seat and let her continue,
“You’re extremely bright and people enjoy being around you. You enjoy traveling and taking risks and they say the best occupations for number fives are either within writing, publishing, advertising, public relations, teaching or the travel trade.”

I had to admit that some of it was pretty bang on. Not that I would admit to it but sooner or later, Lena would definitely find out my flaws, there was no point in ruining what we had just yet. Besides, everyone has flaws.

“Oddly enough, I always did want to do something in the writing world when I was younger. Go figure I end up inventing a video game.”
She laughed before picking up her glass of apple juice and sipping it,
“You’re still interacting with people...”
I nodded,
“True enough... what are the other numbers?”
I motioned to the notebook and she looked back down to continue explaining.
“You’re compound name number is 14... just reinforces what’s been stated with number fives. You connect with the media, publishing and writing. Fourteens are the fortunate number for travel.”
“I always knew I could trust numbers,” I jested.
"They can say a lot,” she added before running her finger down the page again.
“Your personality number is a 5. Again, the travelling. They usually say personality number fives tend to travel a lot, whether for business or fun. They’ll experience many changes in addresses. They’re great companions and excellent friends.”

“Well, there you have it. The numbers are telling me to move away from San Diego.”
“They possibly could be saying that,” she whispered although I heard her quite clearly.
“Your heart number is 8 like me. You’re more secure when you’re in control. That totally explains the Pi scenarios.”

I felt my cheeks turn red and I sunk even more into my seat. Her eyes lifted momentarily and locked on mine. She smirked and continued,
“You’re a good organizer, however, when things don’t go your way you can get temperamental.”

I remained silent and allowed her to continue. I’d put in my two cents at the end.
“Your life number is 9 also like me. You’re a creative, spiritual and compassionate person who is interested in the theatre and arts. Your destiny number is 5 which means you’re a hard worker. Once again, travel is vital to you. You need change and variety to function well.”
“See, more traveling and change,” I quickly pointed out before picking up my orange juice and sipping it slowly. She cleared her throat before adding,

“Number fives also have a strong sex drive.”
I nearly choked on my juice. She quickly looked up from the notebook and I forced myself to swallow. I felt my entire face grow hot.
“Well...” was all I could think of.
“That’s always good to know,” she playfully noted before continuing as if she’d simply pointed out that the sky was blue.
“And, your last one is the karmic number... you’re a number five also which to no surprise emphasizes travel again. It says number fives lead lives of travel and movement.”

“There you have it! It’s settled,” I pointed at the notebook.
“I put my full trust in those numbers.”
She perked an eyebrow curiously,
“Oh really? Even the sex drive aspect?”
“Umm.. I won’t deny it.”
She grinned before settling back into her seat.
“All right then.”
“What else can these numbers do?” I questioned, genuinely intrigued.

She leaned forward, crossing her arms on the edge of the table.
“Well, if you really put your faith in them, you can use them to do long and short term predictions... you can also do relationship compatibility for friends, acquaintances, love interests.”
“Are we compatible?”

A moment of fear struck me as I watched her expression change. I wasn’t sure if she was just thinking or debating whether we were truly compatible according to the numbers. She finally smiled, and I was able to relax, exhaling at the same time.

“The numbers consider us an odd match but it says it’s workable. Out of five, they rate 4s and 7s with 4 stars. I think we’re good.”
I smiled before tapping the notebook,
“You’ll have to teach me this some day... that way I can know all the little dirty details about you also.”

Just then, our waitress arrived with our breakfasts and placed them in front of us. I’d gotten a western omelette with toast and Lena had ordered scrambled eggs with toast and a bowl of fruit.
“I know mine by heart. I can tell you if it evens out the odds for you,” she pointed out as she picked up an orange wedge and bit into it.

I used my fork to cut a piece of my omelette before nodding,
“Sure, fill me in.”
And so throughout our breakfast, she did exactly that. I found out that her name number is a 9 and that this meant she was selfless in regards to love, very trusting and because of this many people would take advantage of her. Number nines are usually very self-confident and need constant reassurance. Her careers of choice would include writing, music, theatre and entertainment. Maybe we could start a publishing company together some day. She doesn’t have a compound name number because in reducing her numbers, she gets a 9 and for compound name numbers you need to be between 10 and 30. This is where she explained a little about the process and how to obtain numbers. Each specific category, you count something different whether it’s the entire name, given name, birthdate, consonants or vowels. Her personality number is a seven which surprisingly reveals that she is hard to figure out but once you do, she is very interesting and friendly.

“Did you know that numerologists say that number sevens can be psychic?” she pointed out in mid-conversation.
“Are you?” I asked.
She shrugged, finishing her apple juice,
“I’ve had moments but then I think it might just be intuition. You never know.”

She’d already told me that we shared the same number for heart and life. She was a number eight like me when it came to the heart number. Therefore I knew we’d both be fighting for control, if we were to believe the numbers. It seemed to be true though, whenever I seemed more in control, she seemed less collected and the same applies the other way around. We’d have to find a perfect balance in order to both feel at ease. I think we’ve almost reached that perfect balance.

“I have a lot of nines. My destiny and karmic are also nines.”
“What does that mean?”
“Means I make a warm and caring girlfriend,” she grinned.
“Does it really?”

She nodded and hummed a ‘mmhmm’. I had to give it to her, this numerology stuff was pretty accurate at points. I had never put much stock into astrology because half the time when I read them, they just seemed too cryptic but this numbers business was rather interesting. It could also just be because I always had an unhealthy fondness for numbers.

“You’re such a geek,” I teased, gently kicking her foot under the table. She kicked mine back and smirked,
“You don’t seem to mind,”
“I honestly don’t. I think it’s adorable.”
“Good then,” she stated before reaching over and grabbing me hand. She pulled me up from my seat to where I was awkwardly leaning over the table and she quickly scribbled something in my hand. She let go and I was able to sit back down. I looked into my hand and saw 7 <3 4. And that’s when I knew, for some unknown reason, that everything would work out. All my doubts about whether we’d work as a long distance couple, or if I had to move as soon as possible to be closer to her just disappeared. Not just because the numbers said we could work out. Because for the first time in my life, this just felt right.

---------------------

Surprisingly enough, I have fun doing numerology... and it has been accurate with a lot of my friends. Smile I actually did the numerology for Lena and Yulia, so the random aspects that are mentioned in this update can also be applied to the actual girls. Wink

This is what my sheet looks like... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/cjb05/img007.jpg

My writing is horrible. Half Frown

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 11:01 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
xLenaKatinaFannx

First : Happy birthday Grin

And thanks for the update and your writing is not horrible, you should see mine Wink

Thanks *mimi* for the banner:)

Engaged with the most gorgeous girl in the whole world (L)
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 11:57 am
Shirley's_Key

happy birthday boobearlie! haha hope u have a nice day and a wonderful new year Smile

hey that numerology thing .. we did just the same at school, like counting all that but never gave the numbers meanings like u do in here.. just
name + name and then the end counted.. don't remember the exact way, but that of course was just a funny thing Smile

thank u for that interesting insight and yea ur writing aint tooooo bad, it's sweet actually. tho i have problems seeing the 7 as 7 and instead read it as 1 bcos in Germany we actually don't write a 1 like " l " but like ur 7 lol to make the 7 look like a 7 we just add a - in the middle..

sweet little filler (the update) ! Smile
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 12:28 pm
blackstormdragon

Happy B-day *Throws confetti* Smile
Aww, what a cute update. Loved the '7 <3 4'
Your handwriting is fine. Bad is when you can hardly read your own writing like *cough* me. Squint

Fear not the dragon. Fear only the storm it brings, for it will destroy you.

"There is only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

"...the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world."
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 1:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jan1551

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hug Soon you will be this= Old and then this=Ancient I like to make people feel good about getting older. Wink Grin

Basically the cuteness of this is off the charts!! Totally enjoyed the update! Thumb

Now to the important question that everybody is asking themselves (I.E. ME Grin) Lena's destiny number is 9 so what does that mean in reference to her sex drive?? Grin What? You know everyone (I.E. ME) was thinking the same thing!!!

Grin

r.: it's pure love, you dumb slut <3

Hilarious Banner July 30th 2009 - November 5th 2009. R.I.P.
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 1:36 pm
BooBear

Hahaha! You made me burst out laughing with the this old and then this old signs! Grin

Hmm.. the book doesn't say anything specific about sex drive for number 9s. Wink Maybe it's just normal. Grin

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 1:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
*Mimi*

Happy Birthday BooBear!!! Hug

This update is cute and pretty cool! That was nerd of me to say! LOL Grin

*Mimi* and JuliaLenaFan: WE ARE TWO CRAZY TATU FANS WHO LOVE EACH OTHER!!! Love Wacko

To JuliaLenaFan: Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control. Love Kiss
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Emmz

Awww they're so adorable!
Great update

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a gr8 day! Grin

My fanfic: Broken but Undamaged:
http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20962
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 pm
amber93tattoo

Quote:
And just so you guys don't think I'm a total loser, I do have dinner plans with my grandparents tonight. Haha, oh man, that makes it worse.

LOL. I laughed quite a bit at that. Onto the update...

Quote:
I looked into my hand and saw 7 <3 4

O.M.F.G. *melts* That has got to be the most nerdiest, most adorable thing I've ever read!

So usually I hate numbers. Even though they're quite easy to understand (well, the equations and all that come with year 11 maths) they bore me into blankness. Which is never good. But this... That chapter was amazing. One of my favourite chapters I've ever read, ever! Ugh, *reads again*[/quote]
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 10:29 pm
leasha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cheers hav a good one Grin

Anyways as 4tha update woo lol they are soo cute i just love it..i hope there relationship works out cant wait to see wat happens

update soon plzz Thumb
PostWed Jul 29, 2009 11:24 pm
BeatsOfDrums

Well, first of all...HAPPEE (belated) BIRFDEH!! *throws confetti* Wish you all the best. Grin

second of all..gee, they're like the cutest geekiest couple on earth. haha. That numerology thing is really interesting. It makes me want to learn it. Grin

Yulia = Crazy sex drive. There's no doubt.

great update! Thumb
PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BooBear

Thanks everyone! Thumb I had a great birthday! Grin

If anyone wants me to go their numerology, I'd be more than willing. I have fun doing it soo.. just let me know. Wink

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 am
tatu_chick04

Wow, it's been forever since I've had time to come back in the forum. So much has changed! Surprised/Shocked

But I do have to say the fanfics are getting better & better. I've been keeping up with this one for a little while and BooBear, I defintely have to say this is one of the cutest one's I've read yet. Their "geekiness" and "dorkiness" makes both characters all the more interesting. Great job!

I really got in to the whole numberoloy thing, but since I'm absolutely crap at math it never really worked out all that well for me. Rolleyes lol It's very interesting though how all those number's can tell you so much about someone.

Love the story. Again, great job! 5/5

Oh yeah, do you think you could show me how to do that whole chart thing? I've made up one and that's as far as I can get. lol

http://www.myspace.com/c_rons_page
PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BooBear

Oooh man! I feel like such a horrible writer! Frown I wanted to write on the flights to Cali and back but my ears gave me such a hassle all I wanted to do was cry.

So, I PROMISE.. proommiiseee! I'll have something up in the next few days. Wink The next update is hard to write.. Half Frown

But I've thought of a couple more geeky things I can add to this. Devil

PostTue Aug 25, 2009 8:35 am
amber93tattoo

Grin HOORAY!

*eagerly awaits*
PostTue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 am
BooBear

Short and sweet, my friends. I told you this was a hard one to write because a) I was trying to make it all sentimental and b) I get easily sidetracked and school is raping me from all sides.. soo I hope you enjoy and I honestly do hope I'll update it sooner than like three gazillion years later! Forgive me? Grin

-------------------

Chapter XI

I woke up just knowing that today was going to be a rough day. Today would be one of the hardest days to get through in my young life. I grumbled as I rolled around in my empty bed. It didn’t feel right. I reached out for my phone and squinted at the numbers indicating the time.

“12 hours... you’ve got 12 hours before you have to say goodbye.”

I quickly pushed a few buttons and typed a quick message and sent it. Hopefully, it wouldn’t wake her. I finally pulled myself out of bed and into the bathroom to shower quickly and begin packing. I always dreaded packing but this time was worse. My feet felt like someone had cast a cement mould around them while I slept and I didn’t feel the slightest pang of excitement to be heading back home. None what so ever.

It took me roughly an hour to pack. A task which on a regular day would take me less than thirty minutes. I sighed half heartedly, not even having enough oomph to do that properly, as I sat down on my suitcase and zipped it up. I brought the two zippers together and slipped my lock into place. I crawled back onto my bed and reached for my cell. I had one text message. I quickly pressed a few keys and pulled it up. I immediately smiled despite the pull I felt at my heart. I buried my face into my pillow and grumbled. This was going to be hard. Really hard. I lifted my head long enough to hit dial and brought my cell to my ear. I waited, listening patiently to the ringing on the other end.

“Remind me why I didn’t spend the night?”
I couldn’t help but laugh and soak it all in. These last few hours with her were so precious.
“I honestly can’t remember. Why didn’t you?” I tried to sound offended but it didn’t work. I sighed and turned onto my back,
“This is going to be hard... soon this is all we’ll have.”
“What’s that?”
“A voice on the other end of the line...” I said solemnly. There was silence on the other end. I could just picture her, either nervously chewing her bottom lip or pushing her glasses back up. I’m leaning more towards the glasses this time.
“That’s not true,” she replied softly before adding, “we’ll have the telephone, yes... but we’ll also have webcam, and e-mails, and...” she stopped, “Hold on, there’s someone at the door.”

I grinned foolishly. Little did she know... I was the person at the door. I waited as I heard her get up and walk towards the door. I was picturing her attempting to cradle her cell on her shoulder as she struggled with the lock that she always used despite the doors being electronically locked.
“Whoever it is, they better be important. Interrupting our riveting conversation,” I joked, hearing the lock. She opened the door and simply stared at me for a minute before pulling her phone down from her ear and hanging up the call. She reached out, grabbed my arm and pulled me into her room.
“All packed?” I asked jokingly as she looked at me, all the while remaining silent. She looked at me with that look and it was only a few days ago that I had absolutely no idea what that look really meant but now I knew there was only one thing on her mind. She nodded her head in the direction of her suitcase before smirking.

“We don’t have time,” I said sadly as I eyed her, taping my index against the top of my wrist as if I was wearing a watch. Her bottom lip jutted out and her mouth formed the most kissable pout. She didn’t have to say a thing and I was already pressed against her, my lips to hers. I would miss the softness of her lips against mine. Their taste... but most of all, I would miss being able to kiss her whenever I wanted. Her kisses were mine, they weren’t meant for anyone else and I derived pleasure in knowing that. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to concentrate on every little detail. The way her head would always slightly tilt towards my right at first. How her fingers would always rest just behind my ear, sometimes twisted in my hair.

She took a few steps back towards the bed and I dutifully followed instep until we tumbled back onto it. She broke away from my lips and pulled herself back further onto the bed. Her eyes looked up from under her full lashes as I crawled on all fours to be at eye level with her again. Our eyes locked and for a second, I thought time had truly stopped. Her hands had skilfully slipped under my t-shirt and rested on my sides. I breathed in deeply as she slowly moved them across my ribs, sucking in air and not exhaling until she’d moved on. Her lips curled into a playfully smile as she drummed her fingers against my sides. I squirmed and couldn’t help but giggle as I attempted to push her hands back down. She didn’t fight and simply pulled her hands out from under my shirt. I quickly chanced a look at the clock and she must have noticed because she laughed before saying,
“Don’t worry... I’ll be quick. We won’t be late.”

She curled her arm around the back of my neck and pulled me down against her. She leaned in as if to kiss me but stopped mere millimetres away from my lips. I could feel her breath against my lips as she inhaled and exhaled slowly. She closed the distance between us but for only a split second and I involuntarily whimpered as her lips left mine feeling cold. Yet another thing I would miss... I would miss the warmth of her lips against mine. I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling a pull at my heart and cursed myself for not being able to just enjoy the moment. I felt her sink into the bed, her hands cupped my cheeks.
“What’s wrong?” she whispered.

I shook my head, not daring to open my eyes. I knew she’d be looking at me with that look of hers. The one that just caused every part of me to melt. She ran her fingers down along my jaw line bringing another lengthy sigh out of me. She pulled my face closer and pressed her lips against my right cheek then my left before insisting gently,
“Tell me...”

I buried my face into the crook of her neck and breathed in deeply. She smelt like she always did, a faint trace of vanilla mixed with orchids and green apples. I knew which perfume she wore but it never ceased to amaze me which notes smelt the strongest on her. Not to mention that her hair always smelt of honey. I sighed once more before slithering down next to her on the bed. I brought my arm across her stomach and placed my hand firmly on her side, holding her close to me.

“Everything is making me realize just how much I’ll miss you,” I mumbled into her shoulder. Her fingers traced invisible patterns on my upper arm and I felt her chest rise and fall as she breathed in deeply before speaking,
“I know... it’s not until just now that it really hit me... you won’t be a mere walk away come tomorrow.”
“It’s sounds even more depressing when you put it that way,” I joked, trying to make light of the situation.
“Hold on,” she said turning over onto her side and pulling her cell out. She punched a few keys before settling back down on her back and I happily cuddled back up to her.
“Let’s try to see when we can see each other again. Give us something to look forward to,” she said as her eyes swept the screen of her cell analyzing the electronic calendar she’d pulled up. I looked at the calendar before closing my eyes and mumbling,
“Whenever you’re available, I’ll be there.”

We finally agreed on a weekend where I could drive out to visit her and spend the weekend at her place. She coded in the weekend in her cellphone as “7 <3 4”. Those were our numbers now and it made me smile to see them all together. The number 11 would never hold the same meaning for me. Neither would 3 or 4 really which ironically, the number 3 is used to shape the heart, and when you add 3 and 4, you get 7. It was so obviously meant to be.

And from that point on, everything seemed to move in slow motion but my mind couldn’t hold onto anything. It was as if my body was being moved around by a master puppeteer and I think it was brought on by the overwhelming fact that it was all really happening. We were heading back to our individual homes and I wouldn’t be seeing her freckled face come morning. Of course, I’d get to see her via webcam but I’d have to wait an entire month to hold her in my arms, to kiss her lips, to smell her perfume.

We soon found ourselves standing in line at the airport waiting to check-in. As soon as we’d stepped out of the taxi, my heart had begun to physically ache. This tightness invaded my chest and I tried my best not to let it show. I didn’t want to worry Lena. I kept fidgeting as I held her hand in mine. My eyes wandered over her delicate features as her attention was elsewhere. I tried to imprint her features in my mind. The way her lips curled into that smile I loved... the way her ears stick out just a little and you can only really see it when she ties her hair up... the way she scrunches her nose a bit when concentrating on something. I was mentally photographing the girl who’d stolen my heart only mere days ago. I was entirely hers and I would go to any lengths to make her happy.

“What are you thinking about?”
I snapped out of it and tried to focus on the here and now. I hadn’t even noticed that she’d been looking at me.
“You,” I said with what must have been the cheesiest grin. She squeezed my hand gently before pulling me closer and brushing her lips against mine ever so lightly. A woman behind us cleared her throat and we broke apart quickly. The line had moved up just a little and we proceeded to drag our luggage behind us as we moved the extra feet that had been cleared. I hated airports. They were too crowded and just ridiculously unorganized. It took us another thirty minutes before we reached the front of the line and were able to check-in and get our boarding passes.

We spent another half an hour or more waiting in line to clear security and then we were home free. Lena’s flight boarded before mine, we decided to wait around her boarding gate. We had an hour to kill and I was able to find us a secluded bench where I proceeded to sit sideways, and Lena crawled in between my legs and rested her back against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, and held her close to me. I concentrated on her steady breathing and soon found myself slowly drifting off. I quickly shook myself awake and rested my cheek against the top of Lena’s head.

The hour passed too quickly and soon the flight attendants were beginning to board the plane. Lena stirred in my arms and I gently shook her. She opened her eyes and looked at me, her eyes still hazy with sleep.
“Your flight’s boarding...” I said sadly. She sighed and I could see the pain in her eyes. Neither of us really wanted to do this. I had never been good with goodbyes... and this one was no different. I leaned in and gently pressed my lips to hers. This kiss was everything but filled with joy or pleasure... I could feel the sadness in it as our lips brushed together. It was a goodbye kiss and nothing about goodbyes harboured joy or pleasure. Especially... especially not this one! I forced myself to pull away and my eyes automatically drifted to scan the boarding line. We still had some time. I felt pushed by the seconds and hurried by the minutes. I suddenly hated numbers and all that they stood for. Everything in life is measured... age, money, time, weight, friends, loves, kids. That’s when I realized that I was one of the worst. My whole life revolved around numbers. Science had always been my friend because it could be disproved or proved. It was cold hard facts and numbers were in direct correlation with science. They couldn’t exist without one and other. I forced myself to stop thinking just for a few minutes. To simply enjoy these last few moments with Lena. She pulled me close and wrapped her arms around me tightly. She held our hug for a long time before finally exhaling,
“I have to go...”

She stood and I looked up into her face. The airport lighting casting an eerie shadow across her face as her eyes dropped down to me. She forced a smile and I returned the gesture with a forced smile of my own.
“A month will go by fast,” I tried to see everything with an optimistic perspective. I stood up slowly and we began to reluctantly make our way to the boarding gate. My fingers instinctively searched hers, clasping on until the very last seconds when the attendant checked Lena’s passport and boarding pass. She turned to face me as the attendant returned her boarding pass and passport.

“I love you,” I whispered, fighting back the tears I’d sworn I wouldn’t cry. I pulled her close and breathed her in, trying to remember once more every little detail about her, fearing I would forget the simplest of things. She buried her face into the crook of my neck and whispered in return,
“I love you too... I’ll miss you,” and that’s when I felt a certain wetness against my skin and realized that she was crying. I closed my eyes tightly and fought back my own tears as she lifted her head. I opened my eyes and forced myself to look directly into her misty pools of grey. I gently brushed away her tears with my thumbs and brought her face to mine, pressing my lips to hers one last time.
“Call me when you land... even if I haven’t landed yet, leave me a message,” I instructed and she nodded silently.
“You do the same,” she demanded and for once, I noticed that she didn’t have that confident air about her. All the while, the attendants had continued boarding passengers and finally were waiting on Lena to board to make the last boarding call. She gave me another quick hug before quickly disappearing down the hall to board her plane.

It was only when she was gone that I allowed myself to cry. I had twenty minutes to waste all alone until my flight began boarding and as soon as I saw her disappear down the tunnel, I truly felt alone. I didn’t like it and I was already anticipating the date we had chosen earlier when I’d make the drive to her place. I began thinking of ways that I could keep myself busy for the next month, to keep me focused and keep me from going insane.

I had phone calls and video conferences to look forward to. I had voice mails and early morning text messages that would make me smile at any given time. I honestly had the best girlfriend I could ever ask for and that’s what would keep me going. Lena... my Lena.

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 10:58 pm
BooBoo

Having to say goodbye to the person you love is one of the hardest things to do!
PostFri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm
Parrish122

Yay! You updated again! I've missed this story.

And awww.....very sentimental. Well done. You get the strength of their feelings across perfectly.
PostFri Oct 09, 2009 5:00 pm
Jan1551

BooBear's desperate heart wrenching plea for forgiveness wrote:
Forgive me? Grin

Maybe.... *huffs as if I'm mad* Something about that feels less than sincere...maybe it's the grin??? Wink Now that I'm done pretending to be mad I'll say that this totally made up for the wait! Like mucho! Grin

This was written so intimately! I could completely feel the sadness and immediate loneliness that Yulia experienced when Lena left. I'm sure Lena felt the same thing. The way time just kind of trudged up until the inevitable moment was just...It felt like a constant wet blanket. It's super sentimental but not that cheesy, which I think is hard to do.

Fabulousness! Now my friend, can I expect the next update to come slightly faster?? Like in two gazillion years instead of three? *hopes* Grin

Thumb

r.: it's pure love, you dumb slut <3

Hilarious Banner July 30th 2009 - November 5th 2009. R.I.P.
PostFri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 pm
BooBear

Thanks a lot guys! It means the world to hear from the readers. Smile

There's just something about knowing that what you wanted to push across with your words was portrayed efficiently! Thumb

I promise an update sooner than the last one. I started working on it today and I have a few papers I need to start this weekend but I should have this updated or Forever in Love within the next couple of weeks! Thumb

PostSat Oct 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Volkster

Heartbreaking!
But she is right in having something to look forward to. Nothing can beat the real thing, the everyday-allday interaction but if 7<34 and 4<37, they ll be ok!

Thank you for the update! Wave

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostTue Oct 13, 2009 2:32 am
Shirley's_Key

Frown

who of u has cried on an airport? .. it's ridiculously tragic haha.

... i have lool

but cmon, yulen, it's FOUR WEEKS! that's really not the world!! lol
PostThu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 am
Snegopady

This story's so great. Please keep updating cause I love these nerds!

This banner was made by Ghosty, who rocks!
Her beauty a rose; her absence a thorn.-Unknown
PostFri Oct 16, 2009 2:18 pm
BooBear

Shirley's_Key wrote:

but cmon, yulen, it's FOUR WEEKS! that's really not the world!! lol

It definitely isn't but if you take into consideration that for Yulia she's been infatuated with Lena for three years. They are just in the mist of their puppy love phase and have only spent three days in this newly discovered love of theirs.

They're at that stage where a day apart seems like an eternity Grin

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 7:17 pm
Shirley's_Key

well yea i kno the feeling , bt i also know wt it's like to never see a person again lol
bt yea , it's cool she finally got wt (who) she has been after for so long. i think most crushes like that never end in such a nice way :P

,mmmmh! lol
PostSat Oct 17, 2009 5:16 am
blackstormdragon

Awww, the airport scene.
At least they can meet again in four weeks, still sad they have to leave each other though.
"7 <3 4" is still one of the most adorable thing ever. Love she put in in her calendar ^^
Great update Thumb

Fear not the dragon. Fear only the storm it brings, for it will destroy you.

"There is only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

"...the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world."
PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
amber93tattoo

I actually slowed my reading down in some kind of attempt to not read about them leaving! How stupid am I?! Haha, oh well. It made me sad Frown *sigh* But I'll just have to look forward to when they meet up again!

Thanks for updating

*mutters* finally...

Grin
PostSun Oct 18, 2009 2:42 am
BooBear

^^ Don't make me release the koalas on you. Squint

Nothing big again guys, but I just handed in my first big essay for Anthro and I had some spare time since I already finished my Russian homework that's due on Thursday. Thumb

Enjoy! I'll probably tackle Forever in Love tomorrow! Grin

---------------

Chapter XII

The first week was the hardest. Being home was weird enough on its own. Having to readjust to the time difference, to the familiar yet estranged streets. I always found it hardest to get back into the habitual routine which being home entitled. But having to do all this without Lena was a completely different obstacle to hurdle over. Every task I had to do was simply a task that needed to be done in order to get to that phone call, the few precious minutes I had to myself to check my e-mail, or the late video conferences with Lena.

Getting up in the morning was only so I could get a good morning text or call from Lena, or send one of my own. Going to work was simply a diversion until the evening when I’d get the chance to check my e-mails to see if Lena might have sent an e-mail in her spare time. It became a game of coordinating our free time to talk to each other and if it happened that we couldn’t talk for a few days, I would grow weary and anticipate the time when we’d scheduled to both be online at the same time.

It was hard. It was exhausting staying up later than needed because it was the only time we could find to catch up. It was love. Once again, my life revolved around numbers, times, lengths. There was no escaping it. I also dreaded the numbers that would indicate my monthly cellphone bill come the end of the month. I would often call Lena during my lunch breaks, or whenever I had a spare moment at work. Whenever I was in between meetings, heading from a meeting which discussed the pros and cons of reviewing the rating laws we had in place, to a meeting regarding educational video games for toddlers. Although, Liam and I had created our own console, and perfected our own simulation game, I had to work in order to finance this ‘hobby’ of mine, as my parents would put it. More importantly, all my extra money went into a savings account I had appropriately named ‘Lena’.

Then the unforeseen happened a week before I was supposed to head out to spend the weekend with Lena. I found myself stranded on the 5 with an overheated radiator. I frustratingly kicked at the front wheel on the passenger side of my car as I waited for the tow truck to get here. I had to get this fixed by the end of the week. I needed to get it fixed period but I wouldn’t be able to handle not seeing Lena this weekend and I didn’t have enough money in the Lena fund to fix both my car and rent one for the weekend. Numbers again! They were haunting me. I felt like screaming as I impatiently waited for that damned tow truck. I began to walk along the edge of the highway when I heard my cell ring in the distance. I quickly ran back to my car and began rummaging for my cell and found it wedged into the passenger seat. I pulled it out,

“Hello?”
I hadn’t even bothered to look at the caller ID.
“Yulia, I called as soon as I got your text! What’s wrong?”
I breathed a sigh of relief as that familiar voice washed over me. I sunk into the driver’s seat and rested my head against the headrest.
“Lena, my car broke down... I just needed to hear your voice. I’m freaking because what if it can’t be fixed before Friday? I need to see you! Everything has been adding up to this weekend and if I can’t...”

“Yulia... 3 point...” she whispered and I continued, closing my eyes,
“14159...”
“Everything is going to be fine... did you call a tow truck?”
I nodded as I replied, despite her not being able to see me nodding,
“Yes, a few minutes ago actually. I’m hoping they get here soon. It’s boiling outside,” I breathed in deeply and smiled, “How’s your day going?”

I tried to picture where she was by listening to the sounds beyond her voice in the background. I tried to envision her on the phone with me.
“It’s better now that I’m talking to you,” she replied.
I couldn’t help but laugh a little before adding,
“You have no idea how I needed this phone call. I was ready to start hitch hiking.”
“Please don’t! I don’t want to turn on the television and learn they found your body in a ditch somewhere along Highway 5!”

I cleared my throat and said calmly,
“I’m stalled on Highway 5.”
“Oh...” was her only reply.
“Don’t worry! It’s broad daily and there’s car driving by every second. Nobody would try anything with so many witnesses.” I looked up into the review mirror and spotted the tow truck.
“Finally!” I exclaimed and stepped out onto the road, closing the door with my hip.
“Finally what?”
“The tow truck is here... can I call you when I get home? I promise to give you all the juicy details about my afternoon with the mechanic.”
She laughed and I smiled, her laugh always made me smile. It was music to my ears.

“All right, love you,” she said while laughing.
“Love you too!” I said quickly but remembered before hanging up, “Thanks for talking me down... I’ll call you when I get in.” I smiled like a fool just as I hung up and the tow truck driver showed up right next to me. I jumped and he apologized for startling me.

“Do you have any idea what might be the problem?” he asked as he side stepped to look under the hood of my car which I had popped open earlier. I gave him a ‘you’ve got to be shitting me look’ because it was quite obvious what the problem was.
“There’s smoke coming out of my radiator... isn’t it obvious?” I tried to hold back on the sarcasm knowing full well that he was my only way out of here. He could just abandon me on the side of the road if he wanted. Then he probably wouldn’t get paid. I loved Catch 22s.

“All right, I’ll get you to the nearest mechanic and I’m sure they’ll be able to have it running in no time.”
“By the weekend?” I asked, still worried. He shrugged his shoulders as he made his way back to his truck. I watched from the side of the street as he manoeuvre the truck in front of my car, and hitched it up so that only the back wheels were touching the ground.
“Mind turning on the hazards on your car?” he asked as he double-checked that everything was securely latched on to the appropriate area. I nodded before slipping into my car and stretching to reach the hazard button. I finally was able to reach it with an extra stretch and a kick of my leg. I can assure you the people driving by were probably amused by my little show. Not to mention that they got to stare at my ass as they drove by. I collected all my things from inside my car before hopping into the passenger seat of the tow truck.

A few hours later with an estimate of roughly 400$, I was back home. I sighed as I threw all of my things onto the couch as I made a beeline to the kitchen. I snatched up the cordless handset, and dialled Lena’s number. It was automatic; my thumb knew exactly which button to press without me having to look at the actual keypad. I cradled the phone on my shoulder as I opened the fridge. It rang three times before she picked up,

“Hello?”
“I’m debating between which leftovers to eat.”
She laughed and there was a pause where I pictured her adjusting the phone on her shoulder as she realized I was the caller.
“What are your choices?”
I pushed a few things around inside the fridge,
“Ummm... chicken, macaroni and cheese... and I’m not too sure what this is,” I said as I picked up a Tupperware and turned it over trying to see what its contents might have been.
“Definitely not that one,” she teased.
“Mac ‘n cheese it is. It looks the most trustworthy. If I don’t call tomorrow, put ‘Death by Mac n’ Cheese’ on my tombstone, please.”
I pulled the macaroni and cheese out, took the lid off and shoved it into the microwave. I punched at a few of the numbers before pressing start.

“How did everything go with the mechanic? What’s the diagnosis?”
“400 down the hole...” I paused and she didn’t say anything. I quickly corrected myself, “It’s not down the hole. I get to see you, there’s no price on seeing you. I’ve just had a rough day, sorry.”

I sighed as I stared at the numbers countdown until the macaroni would be warm enough. Once again, letting numbers dictate my life. Oh, how I loved numbers. I narrowed my eyes at the digital clock on the microwave before opening my fridge again and pulling out a bottle of water.
“It’s okay. All of this will be forgotten this weekend,” she said calmly and I smiled.
“I can’t wait to wake up and look into your eyes.”
“What colour are they?” she asked jokingly.
“Ohh well... it’s been sooooo long I can’t remember,” I joked back. She scoffed and stayed silent. I laughed,
“It depends... when you wear green, they’re greener but they border on greenish grey. They’re pretty intense.”
“Nice save.”
“Mmmhmm. I’ve got talent.”

The microwave beeped and I quickly pulled the container out and rummaged through my drawers for a fork. I finally found one.
“Remind me to get a utensil holder or I’ll forget.”
“Okay?” she said sounding unsure of what had prompted my sudden request. I shovelled a few forkfuls into my mouth. I could hear her stifling a yawn on the other end.
“You sound tired? I can let you go if you want. We can talk tomorrow.”
“No no... don’t go! I’m just going to change into my pyjamas. Talk to me until I fall asleep?” she pleaded and I smiled,
“Always...” I insisted, “Just put me on speakerphone.”

I cradled the phone back on my shoulder as I rinsed out my dishes before placing them on the countertop. I heard a loud thump followed by Lena’s “aaahhhs!” She must have dropped the phone again. It wouldn’t have been the first time.
“Sorry, sorry! I dropped you! You’re on speakerphone now.”
“How dare you drop me!” I joked.
“I’m sorry!” she said with force. I could hear her rummaging through her drawers. I only knew what her room looked life from the webcam tour she gave me the first time we spoke via video chat. I didn’t really know what it was like though. I couldn’t wait to be standing in the middle of it. I imagine it to be weird, to stand in a place you saw before being in it.

I spent the next two hours just talking about everything and anything as a half asleep Lena listened 350 miles away. Imagine, just that 350 miles separating us. Only a 6 hour drive. Yet distance causes the heart to grow weak and to yearn. Those measly 350 miles seem so long and unattainable. I continued to talk, lying in my own bed staring up at the ceiling until Lena mumbled a goodnight and her I love yous and we both hung up. I loved spending my nights talking to her to sleep but it was nothing compared to actually holding her in my arms. I sighed as I closed my eyes. The next few days just couldn’t go by faster.

PostFri Oct 23, 2009 6:35 pm
*Mimi*

How I miss this story so much! Awesome updates! Thumb

I'm like Yulia. I would stay up more later than I have to just to talk with my gf over the phone. Even if it's a school night. Almost every weekend we sleep over the phone. Grin

Long distance relationships is tough, but it can work. Smile

Can't wait for the next update! Grin

*Mimi* and JuliaLenaFan: WE ARE TWO CRAZY TATU FANS WHO LOVE EACH OTHER!!! Love Wacko

To JuliaLenaFan: Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control. Love Kiss
PostSat Oct 24, 2009 11:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Snegopady

This story is so great. And I drop 'people' (the phone) too, it's funny. Smile

This banner was made by Ghosty, who rocks!
Her beauty a rose; her absence a thorn.-Unknown
PostTue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 am
BooBear

I am an absolutely horrible writer who doesn't deserve the readers that I have! You guys are out of this world patient and I can't thank you all enough for that!

Just a quick update, I promise to get some writing done this month. I just had another bout of viral infection and I think I'm almost at 100% again. I have two more exams left and between them some free time. I should get around to writing! Just keep checking back! Grin

Group Hug

PostSat Dec 12, 2009 12:04 pm
amber93tattoo

BooBear wrote:
who doesn't deserve the readers that I have!

Damn straight! Haha, I'm kidding Grin. But I miss this story Frown Could I get you to update sooner with a generous payment of yams...? Grin
PostSat Dec 12, 2009 11:59 pm
BooBear

Oh no you didn't.. Squint

PostSun Dec 13, 2009 7:34 am
zarada

Ok so I just joined but I've been a "lurking around" Surprised/Shocked But I love this story..... I love your FF's.

Will be waiting for update Grin
PostWed Dec 16, 2009 6:51 pm
amber93tattoo

Poke

I have yams. And I WILL throw them. Squint
PostTue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 am
Yulka220

Do I have to throw yams as well? To get an update, that is.

Smile

-Banner by Ghosty-

"All I'll ever need in life is coffee and cigarettes."
"Won't that kill you?"
"The lack of sex? Nah, I'll deal."
"I meant the cigarettes."
PostTue Apr 06, 2010 6:03 pm
Tess

I agree! Please update soon. This fic is so great and you're such an incredible writer. Grin
PostTue Apr 06, 2010 6:14 pm
Lisa4freedom

I love this story more than Pi, i, factorials, logarithms, e, vectors, loops, utilities, etc.... In other words, please update. Grin

Otherwise I could throw COLD yams and maybe my old math and programming books too Squint

Wink
PostWed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 pm
BooBear

Holster your yams, people!! Sorry I haven't been back. I should have given you guys a heads up that I was leaving for 7 weeks at the end of May!

I left for London on the 24th and flew out to St-Petersburg on the 28th. I've been taking Russian classes at the Institute which is part of the State University of Peter. =D I'm flying back to London this Friday and will be back home by the 12th!

I PROMISE an update soon after my return. If there isn't one then you can harass me and throw yams.

(p.s. just to let you know, most of the next update is already written.. I've just been jam packed with sightseeing, classes, getting used to Russia, etc.)

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 am
zarada

I love all your stories BooBear, this one of course, lyricism of life and operation red wolf with nggu are my favorites. Can wait for the update 3.141592.... Thumb
PostFri Jul 16, 2010 8:07 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu Writing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: