:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Stuff that sounds like tATu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshIdiot

Post subject: Stuff that sounds like tATu Reply with quote
I've noticed that the UFC segue music sounds a lot like part of a tATu remix (YSSU Complex Numbers variation) and every singgggle time I hear it, I think "TATUUUUUUUUU!" Does this happen to anyone else? Have you guys ever heard something and been thoroughly convinced that you were not alone in your love for tatu?
PostSat Sep 25, 2010 5:38 pm
RussianRoulette

Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, there's a another Russian pop-music group called Tema from 2005 or so... They're such a copy of t.A.t.u both vocally and musically (and at one point even their looks!), but I liked their music anyway... Hey, what can I say: Everybody knows they'll never replace t.A.T.u and in my opinion it was totally natural that such a copy was made... and Tema is not probably the only one.

Here's some information of Tema from wikipedia:

"TEMA (Russian "ТЕМА") was created by Maugly Jr. (Russian Маугли Jr.), a former rapper turned music producer in May 2004. The two members were Sasha Anohina (Russian "Саша Анохина") and Nastia Kotova (Russian "Настя Котова.") Their debut album, released on July 27, 2005, on "Nikitin Records" was titled "Просто Я Фанатка" (Prosto Ya Fanatka), meaning "I'm Just A Fan." Two official music videos were released for the album, for the song titled "Это Тема!" (Eto Tema!, or What An Idea!), and "Lyubov Vnutrivenno" (Love Introvenously) which shows Sasha and Nastia being rejected by their idols. In the video for "Это Тема!", Ivan Shapovalov (t.A.T.u.'s former producer) acts with Sasha, and the two appear to be having sex. A third video was made, but never commercially released, because Sasha Anohina, and Nastia Kotova were kicked out of TEMA.

Their first song "Kto Esli Ne Ya?" caused many t.A.T.u. fans to think it was them, because TEMA's vocals sounded almost identical to t.A.T.u.'s. This rumor was later confirmed by t.A.T.u.'s management that the song was not by t.A.T.u. TEMA's management quickly capitalized by this PR move, which landed the TEMA girls (Anohina and Kotova) on MUZ-TV, talking about their song. In all truth, TEMA quite often gets a lot of criticism for being "too much" like t.A.T.u., because both groups were an all girl duet, both sang about powerful themes, and both released cutting edge pop music throughout Russia Although TEMA have not entered any other charts besides Russia unlike t.A.T.u."
PostSun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm
RussianRoulette

Here's some pictures.. I find their look actually kinda of disturbing. Kinda like t.A.T.u but SO NOT t.A.T.u..

PostSun Feb 23, 2014 9:23 pm
ilovevolkova

Their looks are too creepy. They look like they are trying too hard to be like Lena and Yulia.
PostSun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 pm
RussianRoulette

Creepy is the word indeed. Indifferent
PostMon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 pm
ilovevolkova

Hahahah yeah it is.
PostTue Feb 25, 2014 11:09 pm
RussianRoulette

Now that I think about it...

There's a russian artist named Maksim and her song Zavedi, in which she sounds like the t.A.T.u. girls. Song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvbmK3hnfM

Also, a song called Natashka.. I can't remember the singer now, but the song's here: http://youtu.be/AjDn18K8WNU

And a song called Kalinka from Yanboo... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvLuOU44nXs
PostSat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 am
RussianRoulette

I just remembered a one song more to this: An artist called Ruski Rasmer (or something like that) and his song Bylo y broshlo, in which the female vocalist sounds like Yulia in my opinion. I have no idea who it is.

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEDpjJCueA
PostSat Mar 01, 2014 10:48 am
ganon11000

Serebro is another one that sounds a bit like t.A.T.u.
PostTue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: