:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Rossiskaya Gazeta: New Interview with Tatu [Sep 5]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Rossiskaya Gazeta: New Interview with Tatu [Sep 5] Reply with quote
This is just an announcement that there's yet another new interview with Lena and Yulia, I'm going to translate it now. Watch this space. :)

Thank you to Yves for pointing it out on the tatugirls.de forum. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oy, my head is spinning, that was longer than I initially thought. I hope I didn't make any horrible mistakes, I consulted Yves' German translation for the things I was unclear about. So once again, thank you, Yves. If there are any grave mistakes, please let me know!!!

Quote:
Sting played the guitar for us
Group "Tatu" about their new album
Andrey Zakhar'ev
Date of the publication on 5 September, 2005.

Internationally known group "Tatu", with whom the concept "Russian pop music" is associated in the West is ready for the release of their new album. It will be released in October in two versions - Russian (it will be called "Lyudi Invalidy) and American (Dangerous and Moving). In the Russian office of Universal Music journalists were allowed to listen to several songs from the new album, and then they were given the opportunity to discuss it with the girls from "Tatu".

On the whole, the group "Tatu" appears just like before. Yulia Volkova has now become a shorthaired blonde in the style of the Marie Frederiksson from Roxette, Elena Katina did not change from the previous times. But both of them appear extremely pampered, sitting [???] on the sofa, before them bowls with food, [???].

Russian newspaper | Young ladies, this is your return. Actually is it desirable to return?
Yulia Volkova | This is life, we cannot be without music. But at the moment, I want to sleep. (She lies down on the sofa and starts to slumber. - A.Z.).

RG | How will the two versions of the new album differ?
Yulia | On the Russian album there are songs which aren't on the English album, and vice versa.
Lena Katina | Although some are the same.

RG | Is there a difference in the songs or just the language they were sung in?
Yulia | Difference in songs.

RG | Did the Americans select the songs?
Lena | No, we selected everything.

RG | On what criteria?
Lena | What we like, we sing.

RG | Could we compare the new creation with the past ones?
Yulia | We had more influence this time. More of our contribution, our feelings.
Lena | I think there is a creative growth. It seems to me that this album is more serious, it is more depressed. A wider spectrum. More serious themes are touched upon.

RG | For example?
Lena | The mental [moral] state of our society. Not only in Russia, but also there, in the West.

RG | The song "Obezyanka Nol, what is it about?
Lena | You do not understand?

RG | Maybe I can understand. To me it is important to hear what you want to say with this song?
Lena | We want to say that what you understood (they giggle - A.Z.). Zero vital status. There is a successful translation of this song in English. It is clearer there.

RG | The song "Loves Me Not" - is this song about the love to a woman or the love to a man, about which you sing now as well?
Yulia | Both to a man and to a woman.
Lena | We sang about men before.

RG | The song "Lyudi Invalidy" - is this about something social?
Lena | It is about mental debility [?], if it is possible to say so. This can be seen both in the spiritual and physical way. We mean the spiritual state of humanity. About bad people, let us put it this way. Certainly they are people, too, but they are also bad people, nothing human remains in them any more.

RG | Are you surrounded by such people?
Lena | We are all surrounded by such people. They are everywhere and in everything. In stores, in the acts of terror, in communication, show business, politics, wherever possible, everywhere.

RG | During the work on the albums, what was done from the American side and what from the Russian side?
Lena | We recorded the album there. We have an American director of video clips. Very good, talented boy. The arrangements were made by a Russian - this boy by the name of Vanya, very young. Then Serezha Galoyan made arrangements. His songs are on the album. All done in America. We are the sound producers of the Russian album. We selected the vocals. Different people helped, for example Richard Carpenter. On song "Friend Or Foe" the guitar is played by Sting.

RG | Sting? On the guitar? With "Tatu"?
Lena | Well yes. Our record-company simply said: Sting will play the guitar in a song. Sting played. He helped, participated - for us this is pleasant.

RG | Why do you not plan to invite McCartney to play drums, and Madonna as back-up-vocals?
Lena | Why not? Everything happend all by itself. It was not possible to meet personally, but it can happen in the future.

RG | Did Ivan Shapovalov contribute to one of the songs?
Lena | "Lyudi Invalidy" is his song. He did not particpate in any other way.

RG | Do you still see him?
Lena | We see each other. We have a normal relationship, we just do not work together anymore.

RG | What impressions did you have from working with him?
Lena | Outstanding! He is an incredibly talented person. It simply happened this way. We decided that this is the new step of self assertion. We understood that we can continue our work independently. But the work with Vanya was excellent, and great memories remain. We didn't fight, nothing, our paths simply separated.

RG | Business is a business, yes? But who took his place?
Lena | No one took his place, it is Yulia and I.

RG | Can we expect some similar PR-actions like you did with Shapovalov?
Lena | I do not know, we'll see. Yes, we do not prepare this, everything is spontaneous.
Yulia | We are not yet ready! We will arrange something, that all of you will run away!

RG | Did Shapovalov somehow discuss these scandals with you?
Lena | Yes we all came up with that together. For example, it was not like Vanya arrived and said: "Girls, you must do this now!"
Yulia | Kiss quickly!

RG | Do you regret anything...
Lena | No, we do not regret anything.

RG | Many praise you for showing the world that in Russia there is pop music. But many complain the fact that you showed it in such a way. What do you think?
Lena | We don't think anything. We are like we are. And if this is interesting to someone in the West, then it is wonderful - one should be glad. We opened doors, possibly helped other artists so that they also have the opportunity to go to America.
Yulia | We wish to show nothing, we simply behave as we are.

RG | Yulia, since you are awake now, can you tell us how your child is?
Yulia | Vika will be one year old on 23 September. She is with the nurse, with the grandmother and grand-dad. I am rarely with her. There is very much work. But when there are free days - I'm with her.

RG | Lena, do you want to have children?
Lena | What is this? Everyone asks me about this! It happens when it happens. I greatly want a child, I've been thinking about it for a long time, but to plan such things I consider impossible!

RG | How do your parents see your work?
Lena | They always support us, take most direct part. They listen to the music, they are happy, they criticize.

RG | Didn't they once say: "Girls, this is bad!"
Lena | No, we always have complete understanding.

RG | How do you see your future?
Yulia | Like I say, to have a nap.
Lena | Yes, let us go home, lie down and sleep. We do not think about it much, we live as we live.

RG | At least, do you think you will be occupied with music in the future?
Yulia | Definitely with the music. Without music there is no life.
Lena | Thus far we know, there is now work - we do it. What will happen further - that is not clear.

RG | What about studying?
Lena | I have the 5th course now. Soon I will begin to write for the diploma. There are two topics, I don't know yet which one to select.
Yulia | And I am going to study. I shall study (stage) direction. I do not know, whether I shall study here. If not here, then somewhere else.

RG | Doesn't it feel to you like the producers and show business stole your childhood?
Lena | We wanted this ourselves. When all sat on benches, smoked cigarettes, drank beer and were occupied with ******, we worked.

Yulia | It was a lighthearted time for all: come home from school, do the homework, go for a walk, at this time we worked. Certainly, for us it was also desirable to be as the others, but on the other hand, we are madly happy that things happened like they happened. Now these people still sit on benches and drink beer. They do not know what to do.

http://rg.ru/2005/09/05/tatu.html

xena225

Last edited by xena225 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:46 am; edited 4 times in total
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 6:03 am
xELLA_+_LENAx

Post subject: Reply with quote
thanx alot xena225 Thumb
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 6:35 am
Yves

Post subject: Re: Rossiskaya Gazeta: New Interview with Tatu [Sep 5] Reply with quote
xena225 wrote:
If there are any grave mistakes, please let me know!!!

No, the translation is pretty good, I was just too lazy to translate it into English.

USAMA DIE!
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 8:36 am
RowerB

Thanks for posting and the translation, xena225 and thanks for the article, Yves.
That interview is absolutely brilliant
Quote:
This is life, we cannot be without music. But at the moment, I want to sleep. (

Quote:
RG | Yulia, since you are awake now, can you tell us how your child is?

Itís a pity Yulia was asleep when they were talking about Ivan.
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 8:56 am
Yulias_Angel

Quote:
Lena | Yes, let us go home, lie down and sleep. We do not think about it much, we live as we live.

:lol: typical of em to say such things.. Thumb Nice article.

Thx 2 KARO!!!!!! :D

:kiss: ALENA WUV'S ME!! Hug
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 9:05 am
iLuvjulia84

Thank u very much xena225 Thumb

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 9:49 am
DeletedMemory

^^ LOL yeah! I luff Yulia! Grin

Thank you so much,xena225 for the translation and Yves for the article!

Again, this is a good interview to read. :)

So "Lyudi Invalidy" is Ivan's song eh? Very nice.. It's nice to know they still see and talk to him. Atleast they don't forget the person who gave them an opportunity of the lifetime. Wink
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 1:09 pm
Anouk

Post subject: Re: Rossiskaya Gazeta: New Interview with Tatu [Sep 5] Reply with quote
xena225 wrote:
Russian newspaper | Young ladies, this is your return. Actually is it desirable to return?
Yulia Volkova | This is life, we cannot be without music. But at the moment, I want to sleep. (She lies down on the sofa and starts to slumber. - A.Z.).

Aww, that made me laugh.. Yuls is so silly :D

xena225 wrote:

Awww.. Damn reporters all the time.. Let the girls take a damn nap and leave the stupid questions.. So cute though Smile

? ????? ???? ????????!! ??? - ??? ??? ??????..
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 3:06 pm
Ruivelle

Quote:
RG | Business is a business, yes? But who took his place?
Lena | No one took his place, it is Yulia and I.

awwww :lovely:

poor girls have to do such interview so early Pet

thank you for the translation, xena225 Thumb
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 1:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
t.A.T.u97

I have to add, Vika has the same birthday as me ^_^!

I remember on my birthday I checked the forums to see the news that Vika had been born, on my birthday =P

Anyway, seems they are so much better with communicating in interviews, but then again, we have yet to see an American Interview.

~Gay for Yulia~
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 3:02 pm
Nightblue

That was another quite interesting interview. Thanks for translating and posting, xena225. Thank you too, Yves, for pointing out this interview and for the German translation (I read that one as well). :thumbsup:

I am a bit suprised that no one yet has pointed out the following blatant error by the interviewer, though:
Quote:
RG | Why do you not plan to invite McCartney to play drums, and Madonna as back-up-vocals?
Dear Andrey Zakhar'ev, Paul McCartney being a former member of the most famous pop group that ever existed, indeed, The Beatles, it is rather common knowledge that he never was a drummer. His primary musical roles were and are bass player and lead vocalist. It's something you better should know in your profession, especially if you refer to an ex-Beatle in a musical context.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 5:39 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: