:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Femalefirst.co.uk on t.A.T.u. [Sep 1]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Femalefirst.co.uk on t.A.T.u. [Sep 1] Reply with quote
I looked up this article after seeing a part of it in the Tatugirls.com News section where it was [posted 9/2/2005 U.S.A.], here: http://www.tatugirls.com

Here's the complete article from Femalefirst's website:

Quote:
Tatu
September 1, 2005, 3:06:05

Controversial forthright, fierce, unconvensional, these are just a few of the terms used to describe tATu.

But what are they really like, get the answers as the girls discuss their latest release and much more.

"For me, it is interesting, but I don't think about record sales. We do everything for our people, our fans- the new album, and video, and concerts. We love our fans; we give so much energy for them. We do everything for them and they give that back." - Julia Volkova,

Fierce brunette Julia Volkova and sprightly redhead Lena Katina are Eastern Europe's most popular musical exports. In the age of 24/7 televised entertainment, you've likely caught a glimpse (or quit more) of these Russian pop-sensations and full-time fuck-with-your-expectations media mavens.

During t.A.T.u.'s short five years together, the two diminutive, talented beauties have caused one hell of a worldwide ruckus, routinely playing to audiences of 50,000 fans and selling more than 5 million copies of debut album, 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane. Infamously, they refused to perform at the MTV Europe Awards unless provided with real guns. Explains Lena, "We wanted real machine-guns, but they didn't give us, so we wouldn't perform, that simple."

Brazenly, after promising not to kiss on the Tonight Show, they engaged in a long, passionate wet one-- much to the alarm of anxious network censors, (and well before Britney and Madonna's little stunt, ahem). And yet, when expected to do the same on Jimmy Kimmel, they deliberately offered not so much as a sweet peck on the cheek.

Why? Explains Julia, "Basically, because we like to do what we want. A lot of people are, like, 'you shouldn't do this, you shouldn't do that, you shouldn't behave in this way.' But you know what? Actually for us, we are the way that we are, and we don't really live in fear of anybody. So, if we behave in a certain way, then that's just actually the way we are."

Indeed, in a world of prefabricated and stridently scripted entertainers, these girls know who they are and do exactly what they want. Through their music and live performances, t.A.T.u. present themselves as they genuinely are- artistically, intellectually, and sexually progressive young women in control of their careers and open to all that life has to offer. When speaking with Julia and Lena, their personal and artistic truths are commendably clear (if not a bit intimidating)-- t.A.T.u. are afraid of no one, they share an enormous passion for singing and performance, and perhaps most admirable of all- the only people they feel responsible to are their t.A.T.u. fans. Beyond that, they don't give a flying fuck about expectations or inhibitions.

"Sometimes we have been asked to do things that have been uncomfortable," Lena recounts, "but for us, ultimately, t.A.T.u. is our project. I think that we have to do it in a way that is conducive to us, that we are comfortable with. If we're going to do things just because other people are telling us to, then we're just going to get lost. We have an instinct about what to do, and how to sing, and I think that usually when people are told what to do, it doesn't happen necessarily in a good way." Adds Julia, "So we stay natural, just how we are."

Yes, these best friends and musical partners are in lock-step solidarity with one another, which is exactly what the new album Dangerous and Moving is all about. Crafted with help various producers, Dangerous and Moving features collaborations and guest appearances from a handful of the pop world's most legendary performers. Indeed, so estimable is t.A.T.u.'s pop-cultural cache, than no less an artist than Sting plays bass on the Dave Stewart (The Eurythmics) co-penned track "Friend or Foe." As well, the album's elegant string arrangements are provided by Richard Carpenter (one-half of legendary 70's orchestral-pop icons The Carpenters). Here you will find eleven powerful, passionate tracks dedicated to sharing personal truths and expressing a fearless love of life. Dangerous and Moving is an album filled with high-energy club tracks and sweeping ballads that will have old and new fans alike dancing, laughing, singing, and making love.

As for the whole 'Are they or aren't they lesbians' question? Well, there is no better answer than t.A.T.u's own words on the matter. "Our first video was about love between two girls. Love, just love. We do not pretend to be lesbians, we've never said we were" Lena states matter-of-factly, "Julia just had a baby, and currently has a girlfriend, and we've both always had boyfriends. We share a special bond. We don't like labels for emotions. People should not be forced to define their feelings. These are natural and cannot be labeled."

Adds Julia with a smile, "It doesn't matter. It is not important to our fans. And if it is to the rest of the world, we do not care. We are all different and that's great. Everybody has their own story, their own way of dealing with people, and shaping their own lives. Basically, look, see, hear, listen, and learn."

Should you need to know anything more about the ladies of t.A.T.u, we recommend you give a listen to the aptly-titled, crazy-catchy first single, "All About Us" and the rest of the songs on "Dangerous and Moving."

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/89102004.htm

Quote:
t.A.T.u - All About Us - Single Release
Album/Single released on the 2005-09-26

t.A.T.u release their comeback single 'All About Us' on September 26th. The Russians second album 'Dangerous and Moving' is released on October 10th – both on Interscope records.

Julia Volkova and Lena Katina are Eastern Europe's most popular musical exports. In 2003 they released their debut album '200 KM In The Wrong Lane' outside of Eastern Europe. The lead single 'All The Things She Said' became a global #1 – it topped the charts in the UK for 4 weeks. The album went to sell 5 million copies around the world.

Now after a two year break, the girls are back. They recorded 'Dangerous And Moving' in Russia, London and Los Angeles and collaborated with an all star cast from Richard Carpenter to Dave Stewart Sting and Trevor Horn.

Once again you can rely on t.A.T.u to raise eyebrows.. Look out for the amazing video for 'All About Us', directed by James Cox, who directed Wonderland. As they sing, it's all about tATu.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/t.A.T.u_-_All_About_Us_-_Single_Release/

Quote:
t.A.T.u - All About Us - Single Release Critics Reviews
Created on September 2, 2005, 9:36:32

TATU – All About Us – Femalefirst Critics Review Album/Single Released 26/09/2005

Giving new meaning to the old phrase ‘les be friends’ the biggest selling teenage pop duo of the millennium are back to stir up some more controversy with new single ‘All About Us’ due to hit the music shelves this September. The first to be taken from their second album ‘Dangerous And Moving.’

After a two-year break, almost winning the Eurovision Song Contest and sacking their creator Ivan Shapovalov, the world’s best known ‘fake’ lesbians, Julia Volkova and Lena Katina, who shot to fame with their first single ‘All The Things She Said’ are back with a vengeance.

New single ‘All About Us,’ recalls the controversy that has surrounded the girls since their meteoric rise to fame.

It sees the girls all grown up and ditching their electro-pop sound for a more a rocker edge. Still it sounds pretty much like everything else t.A.T.u have ever released, with a catchy chorus on constant repeat “It’s all about us” and lyrics like “When they hurt you/they hurt me too” thought provoking stuff.

As always their uncensored mini movie/music video, directed by James Cox is probably the best part of the single, with violence, drinking, bad ass cars and the girls looking like sexy modern day Lolita’s.

It might not have the same impact as ‘All The Things She Said’ but it will probably be a hit anyway.

Sarah Williams

The rating is 6

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/395reviews.htm

xena225
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 11:59 pm
idioteque

Post subject: Reply with quote
I just realized 3 things about Tatu.

- They are feminists (why the hell didn't I realize this before??)

- I love how they pronounce "have" - "heyf".

- I will NEVER figure out their sexual preferences, they are TOO good. :rofl:

Awesome article! Thumb
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 12:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nunzilla

Quote:
As for the whole 'Are they or aren't they lesbians' question? Well, there is no better answer than t.A.T.u's own words on the matter. "Our first video was about love between two girls. Love, just love. We do not pretend to be lesbians, we've never said we were" Lena states matter-of-factly, "Julia just had a baby, and currently has a girlfriend, and we've both always had boyfriends. We share a special bond. We don't like labels for emotions. People should not be forced to define their feelings. These are natural and cannot be labeled."

These women are going to drive me to an early grave.

Excellent article(/s), Xena. Domo danku.

-Nunzilla

PostWed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 am
idioteque

I'm already seeing some gray hairs here Hmmm laugh Wink
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 12:37 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cada

So right now, we have tatugirls and tatu.ru both publishing articles that state that Yulia has a girlfriend now, but nothing on a boyfriend called Tigran. All other interviews where Yulia mentions a Tigran is not re-affirmed by the official websites. Boy are the mindf***ing us.

I can't take this anymore!!! Tard

+| Hold your breath and count to ten and fall apart and start again |+
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 5:55 am
rocks88

Cada wrote:
So right now, we have tatugirls and tatu.ru both publishing articles that state that Yulia has a girlfriend now, but nothing on a boyfriend called Tigran. All other interviews where Yulia mentions a Tigran is not re-affirmed by the official websites. Boy are the mindf***ing us.

I can't take this anymore!!! Tard

Confused Surprised/Shocked yulia said in a interview she has a bf Tigran not a gf
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 6:16 am
Cada

^ Yeah, I know that, but I was drawing attention to how the Official websites only publish those articles where Lena says Yulia currently has a girlfriend. therefore contradicting whatever Yulia says in the interviews.

PostWed Sep 07, 2005 6:29 am
xena225

rocks88 wrote:
yulia said in a interview she has a bf Tigran

Folks, I was told by someone very reliable that "the Tigran case" is not yet confirmed in any way whatsoever. Yulia apparently hasn't yet told the name of her new love.

I'll keep you posted.

xena225

Last edited by xena225 on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 9:30 am
Cada

gee! then what about the KP.ru article where it says Tigran is a friend of a friend of an aunt's nephew's cousins sister-in-law who happens to be a friend of Lena's parent?

Ok, I'll wait and in the meanwhile I'll run Tigran in an anagram maker to see what clues I can get.

PostWed Sep 07, 2005 9:48 am
QuieroTatu

Thanks for posting! I think this really sums up the girls nicely. About their attitudes and everything.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 10:41 am
Yulias_Angel

cada
Quote:
Gee! then what about the KP.ru article where it says Tigran is a friend of a friend of an aunt's nephew's cousins sister-in-law who happens to be a friend of Lena's parent?

:lol: dat was funny... well said though.

Thx 2 KARO!!!!!! :D

:kiss: ALENA WUV'S ME!! Hug
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 11:50 am
xELLA_+_LENAx

Gosh those girls know what they want and how to get it, i really admire them! Thumb
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 12:42 pm
bed head

xena225 wrote:
Yulia apparently hasn't yet told the name of her new love.

As much as I hate to say it, that's probably how it should be. Honestly, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat wanting to know who her beau is but I know that for the sake of Yulia's happiness it might be better if we didn't know all that much anyway.

-bed Smile

One Beat - Sleater-Kinney
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 4:19 pm
idioteque

Cada wrote:
Ok, I'll wait and in the meanwhile I'll run Tigran in an anagram maker to see what clues I can get.

:rofl: Cada, you're awesome.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 5:57 pm
Cada

^ ok, only one that makes sense is gratin. Yulia is in love with gratin! Is that what they've been feeding her in L.A???

That explains why suddenly they want to perform in Paris. All the Gratin they can get.

PostWed Sep 07, 2005 6:04 pm
Kristya

Wow. The girl's loves are mysteries. Just like old times! :D

I love them so much.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 7:04 pm
AllTheThingsSheSaid123

Kristya wrote:
Wow. The girl's loves are mysteries. Just like old times! :D

I love them so much.

yep, me 2 Thumb

Lena Katina=hottest girl ever (or one of)

Yulia is a MILF!!
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 9:25 pm
Anduril

bed head wrote:
xena225 wrote:
Yulia apparently hasn't yet told the name of her new love.

As much as I hate to say it, that's probably how it should be. Honestly, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat wanting to know who her beau is but I know that for the sake of Yulia's happiness it might be better if we didn't know all that much anyway.

-bed Smile

^^ i actually agree with the above statment... i dont want Yulia to realse anything about her new found GIRLFRIEND Surprised/Shocked Surprised/Shocked Surprised/Shocked
but i would like that to be cleard up... GR or BF ... my brain hurts caz whose that "Tigran" ...aaaaaaAAAAAAAAhhhhhHHHHHH...
but ... i dont care... YES IS DO.... NO I DONT... ,.. MUST KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT TATU..... MUST ALLOW THEM PRIVACY..... *clicks "Submit" outa stress*
PostSun Sep 11, 2005 4:42 am
Cada

anyone else notice that on the official sites, it's "Yulia currently has a girlfriend" and in the other magazines and newspapers in Russia they have given out, its "Yulia has a boyfriend called Tigran" or gratin or whatever...

I may sound cynical, but it seems like PR putting the spin on things, problem is, I don't know which is spin and which is truth. Perhaps its all spin after all.

PostSun Sep 11, 2005 4:47 am
xena225

Cada wrote:
anyone else notice that on the official sites, it's "Yulia currently has a girlfriend" and in the other magazines and newspapers in Russia they have given out, its "Yulia has a boyfriend called Tigran" or gratin or whatever...

I may sound cynical, but it seems like PR putting the spin on things, problem is, I don't know which is spin and which is truth. Perhaps its all spin after all.

I was told by a very reliable source that Yulia has not yet told the name of her new love. So if you read "Tigran" in an interview, chances are she never said it. Doesn't mean there's no truth to it (who knows?), but I've definitely been told that she has not mentioned a name in public.

xena225
PostSun Sep 11, 2005 5:01 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: