:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
UKmusic.com: Tatu All About Us [Sep 6]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: UKmusic.com: Tatu All About Us [Sep 6] Reply with quote
Found this on Tatysite (thanks!) and looked it up on the ukmusic.com website, here it is:

Quote:
Tatu All About Us
Tuesday, 06 September 2005

After infuriating Richard and Judy into calling for their videos to be banned and the furore over the “Are they? Are they not?” lesbians debate, Julia Volkova and Lena Katina are back to kick up a storm in the pop world. ‘All About Us’ has the intensity of ‘Not Gonna Get Us’ cushioned with the soft, poetic concern of ‘All The Things She Said’. The new single is also drenched in a dry sense of humour. Just as you’re looking at their single, Tatu are looking right back at you. They’re asking you why you have such a preoccupation with them? They want to know why you care if the fiery red-heard reaches over and delivers a soft, passionate kiss on the lips of the brunette? There’s a sprinkling of the gothic, intricately laced, bleakness of Tori Amos’s music. Darkness and despair with the promise to rise again soon into a positive frame of mind. Let’s face it; pop doesn’t quite know what to do with itself these days. The men with high voices are on the march and taking over the charts. Cabaret singers from ‘The X Factor’ are hyped as the next big thing to hit music- before disappearing two seconds later. McFly have given up doing a bad impersonation of the Beach Boys and now think they’re The WHO reincarnated. Pop music- and music in general for that matter- needs the input of women, now more than ever.

That was the problem you had with Tatu all along, wasn’t it? They were women who dared to be ambiguous about their sexuality. They were women who didn’t want to sing yet another song about how they are over their boyfriends but desperate to meet new men. Tatu were sexy, confident women. A mere whisper of strong women in music sent the indie music lobby into a madness of foaming-at-the-mouth proportions. ‘Glum-Rock’- that sad, pathetic drivel conjured up by the lonely, thirty-something male was in danger from someone who actually wanted to make music. Tatu are back boys. ‘All About Us’ is gritty; strong with a tender side that caresses with a kiss. The second album is on the horizon. In Russia, the success of pop music does not tilt precariously on the edge of the goldfish attention span of a fourteen-year-old. Over there, music means something. Get your notebooks out UK music moguls. The first lesson is about to begin.

Rating: 5/5

Release Date: 26th September 2005
Record Label: Interscope Records/Universal

Words by: Martin Drury

http://www.ukmusic.com/Reviews/Pop/Tatu-All-About-Us.html

Very nice. Thumb

xena225
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 1:10 am
idioteque

Post subject: Reply with quote
HAHA, I don't know why they mentioned Tori Amos in there, but...good review nonetheless.
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 2:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
danlucky16

Ooh very positive!

Hopefully radio will pick the track up soon, and by Radio I mean BBC Radio One - they're playing all of t.A.T.u.'s competition!! (e.g. Sugababes, Mariah etc.)
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 3:02 am
Fox

I think "good review" would be a huge understatement, all things considered. :p

It's nice to see someone who sees and appreciates what differenciates Tatu from other pop bands rather than just go "Oh they're just another pop duo trying to get attention by any means neccesary"
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 9:04 am
littleoz

Now that is the kinda review i like to see. And it came from here!! Surprised/Shocked

I'd be shocked if radio 1 started to play it. They seem to stick to certain bands and that's it. I sometimes think that those bands could release a song singing the alphabet and radio 1 would play it, hailing it as the best song ever.

littleoz
x
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 9:52 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maraja

That was a great interview... Always interesting when people come with opinions and interpretions that differs from the general one about pop music.
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 10:50 am
the king of sting

"Glum-Rock". How eleoquent. Sums up the entire "real music" scene in two words. I'll be making use of this term extensively from now on. What can i say, I like the cut of that guy's jib.
The Tajik in space was the best one. Apparently he's been in the Soyuz since 1990 but when the USSR broke up responsibility for getting him back passed to Tajikistan, which could not afford it. However he's been paid ever since and now has USD 100,000,000 in his space account. He can't spend it until he hires a ship to get him down, which he will do if you activate his bank account...
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 10:59 am
jonny

That was a really good review.. and more balanced than the pop freaks or indie idiots..

I give up lol smelly thing it is..pft to it
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 11:06 am
Tsui

What a great review!! It's really nice to hear something like that!
And it's true, tatu are completly different, and much better, from the pop that plays in the radio nowadays.
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 11:16 am
AllTheThingsSheSaid123

Awesome!!! Thumb Very great review!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lena Katina=hottest girl ever (or one of)

Yulia is a MILF!!
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 1:37 pm
howard h

YES!

Mind you, I haven't read a serious reviewer who hates it. t.A.T.u are obviously on the right lines, now if only we could get the public to buy them...
PostSat Sep 10, 2005 3:44 am
lil_Kit

whoa! fantastic review! It's great to see our girls finally getting some praise for what they do!

hee hee! i'm all excited now Smile
PostTue Sep 13, 2005 12:55 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: