:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Channel 4 UK (Planet Sound): Interview with Lena

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Channel 4 UK (Planet Sound): Interview with Lena Reply with quote
Here's an interview with Lena @ Channel 4 (UK) 'Planet Sound', teletext pages.

I found this on the German forum tatugirls.de HERE, it was originally posted by mulder (Tatysite). Thank you very much to mulder! :thumbsup:

Quote:
t.A.T.u. - Still dangerous?

Teenage lesbians, a control freak manager accused of paedophilia, one of the most exciting number one singles of the decade - doesn't tATu's brief peak seem a long time ago now?

When brunette Julia Volkova gave birth 18 months ago, rather disproving the "Are they, aren't they?" stories, it seemed all over for the girls. (mulder asks 18 months??)

But now they're back, with the all-grown-up-now album Dangerous and Moving. Lena Katina tells all to PS.

Victims of a particularly vicious press campaign two years ago, tATu say they don't care what the media make of their comeback with their second album.

"There are so many fake people, and the press are fake." sighs Lena Katina, 20. "Where did those stories come from, that we were mean and unpleasant? We tried to be nice, and we will again. I know this does not make a difference. If we're nice and the press say "Those disgusting girls", we can do nothing."

Although Julia Volkova has a baby girl, tATu are unrepentant about marketing themselves as lesbians.

"Regrets? No!" fumes redhead Lena Katina. "People say we were exploited by our manager Ivan. Rubbish. Those were our ideas. It wasn't "shocking lesbians", it was love. Do I love Julia less because she has a baby? No."

"Ivan did not exploit us. He's a genius at marketing, we are good friends. Ivan is a nice guy, forget the press."

Although the duo remain good friends with ex-manager Ivan Shapolavov, tATu's new album Dangerous & Moving - out October 10 - describes the girls' struggle to succeed on their own.

"All About Us is the first single, as this album is all about myself and Julia." explains Lena Katina. "It's about us growing up, the new challenges we face. It's a more serious album, darker and depressive because we met so many fake people in music."

From reaching No 1 with All The Things She Said to the rows surrounding their - ultimately mild - Eurovision show, tATu had some unbelievable experiences.

"This is true, but when people ask me, it becomes a blur." admits Lena Katina. "It's only when Julia and I have some minutes to ourselves that we can say "Oh, wasn't that funny?" or "That was interesting". Maybe when I'm old, I will love those memories, for now I want to look to the future."

One song on tATu's new album is called Sacrifice. Is there anything the duo have sacrificed for their music?

"We were in America for six months making this record." recalls Lena Katina. "So Julia did not see her baby girl for six months. I would say that is a sacrifice worth making, but I am not a mother. It was definitely a nicer record to make, as we had more say, in producers and choosing the songs and musicians."

All the traumas tATu went through two years ago didn't change Julia Volkova and Lena Katina's friendship.

"We have been friends for 10 years, half our life." insists Lena. "Our bond is too strong to break. The title Dangerous & Moving is as there are a lot of fake people, and it is dangerous for real people - like me and Julia - to talk and deal with them. But Julia has me and I have Julia. Knowing that, we can survive anything."

Source: mulder (Tatysite)
Found here:
http://www.tatugirls.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=446214#446214

Very interesting! :)

xena225
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 4:16 am
music

Post subject: Reply with quote
this interview was on teletext right? not TV?
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 5:28 am
DeletedMemory

Aww.. They got each other's back! Very sweet, Lena. Grin

Thanks xena for posting the article! And thanks to mulder of course! Thumb
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 8:18 am
Tsui

This was a very sweet enterview!! Thanks!
PostFri Sep 23, 2005 9:19 am
leathertastic

Awwwww...Lena is so cute. I want to pinch her cheek. I love how t.A.T.u. is so not "Celebrity"
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 5:32 pm
Alex22

That was a nice interview. Smile
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 5:47 pm
AllTheThingsSheSaid123

Alex22 wrote:
That was a nice interview. Smile

yeah, Thumb thanks for posting

Lena Katina=hottest girl ever (or one of)

Yulia is a MILF!!
PostSat Sep 24, 2005 10:18 pm
Maraja

Post subject: Re: Channel 4 UK (Planet Sound): Interview with Lena Reply with quote
xena225 wrote:
"Regrets? No!" fumes redhead Lena Katina. "[...] It wasn't "shocking lesbians", it was love. Do I love Julia less because she has a baby? No."

xena225 wrote:
"All About Us is the first single, as this album is all about myself and Julia." explains Lena Katina. "It's about us growing up, the new challenges we face. [...]"

xena225 wrote:
"We have been friends for 10 years, half our life." insists Lena. "Our bond is too strong to break. [...] But Julia has me and I have Julia. Knowing that, we can survive anything."

Love I just think it's lovely to see two people with such a strong relationship. Wether it is sexual or not, I don't care, because they love each other. Smile
PostSun Sep 25, 2005 5:15 am
xena225

Post subject: Re: Channel 4 UK (Planet Sound): Interview with Lena Reply with quote
Maraja wrote:
Love I just think it's lovely to see two people with such a strong relationship. Wether it is sexual or not, I don't care, because they love each other. Smile

I agree. This is a very good interview with Lena, it does say a lot about their bond.

Quote:
"It's only when Julia and I have some minutes to ourselves that we can say "Oh, wasn't that funny?" or "That was interesting". Maybe when I'm old, I will love those memories, for now I want to look to the future."

It's quite amazing when you think about how young they are, and how much they've already travelled, seen, all the people they've met, and so on. A lot of work, sure, but also a lot of impressions, adventures and encounters. Maybe they should write a book one day. :)

xena225
PostSun Oct 02, 2005 3:52 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: