:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
GLAMOUR Magazine: The Pair of Triumph

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: GLAMOUR Magazine: The Pair of Triumph Reply with quote
Recently Tatu.ru posted a scan of a new Tatu interview with Russian GLAMOUR magazine.

Click to enlarge

Ev from the Tatu.ru forum was so kind as to make a translation of this interview, and posted it here.

Ev (Tatu.ru forum) wrote:
The pair of triumph

Yulia Volkova and Elena Katina from the group t.A.T.u Ė the first Russian worldwide stars Ė spoke openly to Glamour about their boyfriends, outfits, cars and mutual feelings.

Text: Igor Kompanietz

Big golden couch in a central Moscow coffee-house, full with oligarchs, and decorated with exposition of Andrei Sharov, and presenting outstanding prices (a saucer of Argentinean meat can cost fifteen hundreds rubles) Ė good choice for a conversation with the group t.A.T.u. Volkova, wearing a baseball hat and a smock, wants medallions, but thereís none. So she takes a beef and carrot mincemeat. Katina, wearing a sweater and with carried to a pony-tail hair, wants a Californian rolls.

Fostered by pop-sage Ivan Shapovalov, the girl-duo didnít lose its popularity after the braking up with their first producer: These girls now have an entrance to all the prestige houses of the city, they having fun and feeling well.

They are stars again- their new albums flying around the world in the most glorious way, they being tearing to pieces by musical agents, representatives of the Mass-Media, and simple admirers. ďWeíre very popular in South AmericaĒ Ė Yulia announcing. ďIn Asia also, and in Russia. EverywhereĒ.

- Do you have huge rider [list of demands that stars give to the organizers of concerts]? Whatís included?

Elena: We take this subject very evenly. We never demand things such as ďWe need 5 packages of hazelnuts in chocolate, but choose only the green ones, because we detest the others, and if weíll find them, we wonít perform".

Yulia: Vegetables-fruits, sandwiches, tea and a shower. I donít need rider at all. The fact, that our stars writing 3 pages of demands, itís just a proof, that the artist isnít cool. Itís Cool, when you have 2-3 demands. Why, thereís a suitcase with clothes, you can have a shower anywhere, you have where to sleep Ė thatís great.

Yulia, why did you call your daughter Vika?

Yulia: I made thatís decision right away, when I was still pregnant, I told everyone Ė only Victoria. I have an aunt or a sister, I didnít defined yet who she is to me, she lives in the USA. Sheís beautiful, smart, and talented. I called my daughter in her honor. Besides- Victoria, itís a triumph. I even want a tattoo with her name.

Do you meet the father (the father Ė a boyfriend since long time ago, sportsman in the sphere of martial arts, Pavel Sidorov Ė note Glamour) often?

Yulia: We broke up relatively long time ago, but weíre friends. We meet literally a day before yesterday.

Do you having close contact with someone among the men?

Yulia: Yes, I do. Itís a singer. But, itís really unnecessary for everyone to know.

Elena: Everythingís great. Thereís a man, we live together. A lawyer.

Are you studying now? What sphere?

Yulia: Lenka studying, Iím not.

Elena: I graduating Moscow humanitarian institution. Iíll get the diploma at the fall, Iíll be psychologist. But the option to work by the profile is totally dropout. I donít want to. I realized that I wonít be able to leave the work at work; Iíll be very worried at home. I have many different ideas, but right now I do what I do.

What will happen with t.A.T.u in the future? Youíll keep entertaining us for long time?

Yulia: Perhaps, weíll be in t.A.T.u until our death. Why to guess? Maybe, an hour later Iíll go some place, got hit, and thatís it, the end of t.A.T.u.

And what about the family?

Yulia: I donít have serious relationship, and I donít want a husband. Maybe when Iíll be sixty, Iíll get married.

Elena: Iím more serious person in that area. Yes, I think about family, marriage.

Why do you need marriage anyway?

Elena: At least for the kids to be born.

Yulia: For the love! If thereís no love, then itís doesnít matter from who to have the kids. It can be anyone.

Elena: Naturally, I wonít date with someone I donít love.

And do you love each other?

Elena: What we have itís not even a friendship, itís much more. When people actually live together for ten years, you canít call it just friendship. I refer her more to relatives, than to friends.

But youíve done with the lesbian line?

Together: We didnít even start!

Yulia: We didnít start anything, and we donít end anything.

What an intrigue. What do you do in your spare time, what are you interested in?

Yulia: I like theater, much more than books. And cinema. I want to shoot a movie myself this year. Itíll be scandalous video; I think itíll be forbidden. Girls, boys, violence. Iíll show it all. Itíll have very sad ending. But I just started to write the script.

Elena: Books. Fitzgerald, Moem [Maugham], Feitwanger [Feuchtwanger], Vonnegut.

Yulia, why did you become brunette again? Not blonde?

Yulia: Black is better. More close.

You changed you dressing style, before it was Scotland-skirts and white blouses, now what?

Yulia: Donít worry, Iíll make up everything. Weíll have open attires that no one has!

You interested much with fashion?

Elena: Iím- not. And Yulia leaves for tour with one suitcase, and comes back with four.

Yulia: I can be in shops all around the clocks. Itís like a rest. Hereís a person (nodding towards Lena) who likes to read, and I hate this. Itís easier for me to watch a movie or a play. Also I like to repaint costumes. I like Gautier [Gaultier], the first and the second line of Dolce & Gabbana, Volga Volga, Russian designers in general. And the way our chicks dressed on the streets Ė I hate that!

Do you practice some sports?

Yulia: At home, lifting barbells. I donít have special complex.
Lena: at this subject Iím pretty lazy. Itís easier for me to run around with the vacuum cleaner.

At what time youíre waking up?

Elena: Around 11-12. And I try not to go sleep too late. Around midnight. I love to sleep.

Yulia: I love also! I can wake up at 3 pm, easily. But I also go to bed not earlier than 3.

Are you provided girls?

Yulia: I donít chase for money. But I think that for our age weíre quite rich. To own Mercedes CLS (The main price 72 thousands Euro Ė Note Glamour) Ė itís not bad already.

Elena: (Laughs) And Toyota alsoÖ

Do you have a dream?

Yulia: No. Iím a realist.

Original source of the article: http://www.tatu.ru/news.html?id=270&page=0&l=en
Translation by: Ev (Tatu.ru forum), posted here

Thank you very much to Ev! Thumb :)

xena225
PostSat Apr 01, 2006 1:07 pm
RowerB

Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, Ev and thanks for posting, xena225.
Quote:
Yulia: I love also! I can wake up at 3 pm, easily. But I also go to bed not earlier than 3.

Yulia makes me laugh. No wonder they are a bit grumpy when they have to get up at 5am for a photo-shoot.
PostSat Apr 01, 2006 1:49 pm
iLuvjulia84

RowerB wrote:
Thanks, Ev and thanks for posting, xena225.

Yes thank u! Thumb
I wonder where Julia is thinking of puting her next tattoo.. Smile

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostSat Apr 01, 2006 5:21 pm
AnimeInu

That was a good interview, I believe it showed pretty well the differences as well as the things that are the same between Yulia and Lena.

I also wonder where Yuli will put her new Vika tattoo.

Thanks to xena for posting here, and thanks to Ev for translating! Thumb

PostSat Apr 01, 2006 5:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rocks88

Thanks xena255 Smile
PostSat Apr 01, 2006 11:43 pm
cadetchik

Haha, awesome

Thanx Xena

XBox Live Gamer Tag ---->CadetChik<---- Go Add Me
PostSun Apr 02, 2006 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maraja

Thanks Ev and xena225! Gosh, I am so curious and excited about Yulia's film project. Grin
PostSun Apr 02, 2006 11:32 am
High Summoner

Thanks for posting! that was a very nice interview Grin

http://kageshuriken.wordpress.com
PostMon Apr 03, 2006 8:16 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: