:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Russian BRAVO: A Day with t.A.T.u. in the City of Angels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Russian BRAVO: A Day with t.A.T.u. in the City of Angels Reply with quote
This scan of a new Russian BRAVO article about Tatu was posted on Tatu.ru today:

Click to enlarge

Ev (Tatu.ru) was so kind as to make a translation, here it is:

Ev (Tatu.ru forum) wrote:
A day with t.A.T.u in the city of angels

While the government is discussing if to give or not to give the medal of friendship to t.A.T.u, the girls are occupied by much more important subjects: They just had shot the video "Gomenasai", rehearsal with the new musicians and they are preparing to the concert tour. Bravo found out, how t.A.T.u spent the day in Los Angeles...

12:03

The rehearsal begins only at 7 PM. And before that, as the girls saying, they "Have to do things".On the inner slang of the group it means: Important work should be done. There's a very important measure in the schedule of the group today. Yulia and Lena taking a taxi and goes to the center of the city (downtown), for a visit in a very famous in California audio-clinic. But there's no reason to worry about the girls' health. They go to the clinic for a different purpose: rivetings... for ears will be done for them there. According to this rivetings, an ear-monitors will be done for the girls later, it's a small earphones, that connected with the receiver and allow the performer to hear what the musicians play.
The reception room in the clinic looks more like an office of a record-company. The walls covered with CDs of the clients - Linkin Park, THE WHO, Disturbed, and many more. A CD of t.A.T.u isn't there, but it's a matter of time: Yulia and Lena are promising to the audiologist to present their album for the collection.
The singers sit in the armchair by turn and bite a special white thin layer, for not to link their jowls, and accidentally to bite their tongue. Dr. Miranda takes a special device: Something between water-gun and a culinary bag for making cream flowers for decorating cakes. The "gun" is inserted to Len's ears, and it immediately filled with tender pink foam, from afar it looks like bubble gum. The foam hardening - and the rivetings are ready. Tomorrow it will be sent to an office, which makes the monitors itself. But they'll find out that Yulia's ears are too small, and it's impossible to make monitors from her rivetings... So they'll have to do it again in Germany, where the girls have concerts, and they'll go through the procedure again and put another fresh portion of "bubble gum" in their ears.

13:01
Now the girls are running away from the medical cabinet, swearing solemnly that at 7 PM "damn for sure, we'll be on the rehers" (rehearsal). They want to walk on the famous sunset boulevard, to sit in a coffee house and to drop in Yulia's favorite boutique - "H. Lorenzo" - brand shop that sales funky clothes, and classic as well. The fact that Lena caught a clod on the shootings of "Gomenasai" and kept sniffing doesn’t stop them. Yulia tells her “bless you!” every few minuets, and gives her all sort of advices.
Yulia: Lena! Don’t blow your nose so often, the skin around will get dry!”
Lena: But I can’t walk around with full nose. And most of all, I won’t be able to sing with full nose.”
Yulia: So maybe don’t sing today, Lenok, if you don’t feel well?”
Lena: “No… singing have to be done”

18:00
The musicians of the group t.A.T.u are showing up on the best rehearsling set in Los Angeles S.I.R.. This set – is one of the most famous in the US. Stars like the blues guitarist B.B King, Jim Morrison and his band “The Doors” rehearsal here, and from the more recent artists – Madonna, Tory Amos, No Doubt, Limp Bizkit and Ozzi Osborne, had rehearsals here.
There’s two newbie’s among the musicians of t.A.T.u: the drummer Steven and bus-guitar player Doman. The drummer is from America, and the bus-guitarist from Slovenia. For being accepted to the group, both of them had an audition two weeks ago – they played “Nas Ne Dogoniat” with Sven and Troy. By the way, there are about eight hundred of a-class drummers in Los Angeles, who look for work, and to pick one is a hard decision. Steven’s sticks got broken most fast – so he was taken. The new musicians need this rehearsal like air for breathing. Although they know the material of the group from recordings, but it’s necessary to warm up before the girls will come. The drummer Steve hangs up his “Iron”, and the work begins. Besides, the guys have to refresh the songs that the group didn’t performed for a long time and included in the program for the concerts in Estonia and Latvia – “Show Me Love” and “How Soon Is Now”.

19:05
A little bit breathless, but almost on time, Yulia and Lena, hurryingly almost run into the near by studio where’s Courtney Love have her rehearsal. The girls warming up singing turn on the microphones and start to sing in full forces. Sometimes they mess up the words, and run by turn to the laptop to pick on the text. In front of each “t.A.T.u-shka” there’s a sat-list, written by hand, where a list of the songs is mentioned by shortcuts. The Shortcuts were invented by the fans of the group that hanging put on the official forum of the group t.A.T.u. For example, the song, known as “Ya Soshla S Uma”, written by the girls as ATTSS (“All The Things She Said”), and “Nas Ne Dogoniat” – NGGU (“Not Gonna Get Us”).
The hardest song for the girls is the cover on the Smiths song “How Soon Is Now”, from the English “200 km/h in the wrong lane”. Lena is obviously nervous after the first run, and even saying: “Guys, I wasn’t here right now. Ok?” Ok, Lena, but you still have to sing… The live rehearsal turned to be much longer then the concerts. The girls sing for 2 hours and something, and the musicians even more.

00:30
Eventually, the rehearsal ends after midnight… The musician snick out mugs with the symbol of SIR from the bar of the rehearsaling set. Here, it’s an unwritten tradition, not a crime. Everybody should rest and have a good sleep – Tomorrow the group has a flight to Germany, and the suitcases aren’t packed yet. But the plans changed: A call from Yulia’s Los Angeles friends promises another sleepless night. Yulia: “hookah? Oh, yes… I miss hookah… We’ll be at your place in an hour”… From where all the energy?...

P.S-
On the pics:

B/w ob the left bottom corner: What would Lena do without Yulka? Probably never gone mad…

Lena with the microphone: Modest sweater, ordinary jeans – that’s how worldwide stars are dressing.

At Lena’s feet: Rehearsaling studio SIR – one of the most famous in the US.

Yulia – drummer and Lena: The new drummer of t.A.T.u Steve breaks 2-3 pairs of 16$ sticks during one rehearsal.

Yulia hugs Lena: Yulia whispers the words of the songs to Lena’s ear.

Yulia and Microphone: “How does it sound” – a constant question of the girls during the rehearsal.

Lena: Lena caught a cold during the shootings of the video.

Translation: Ev (Tatu.ru)
Source: http://www.tatu.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=169122#169122

Thank you very much to Ev! Thumb :wave:

xena225
PostWed Apr 12, 2006 2:55 pm
DeViLiSh YuLiA!

Post subject: Reply with quote
Geez the girls are busy. I love the scan though, especially the 2 pictures where Yulia is hugging Lena..awww.

Thanks for xena225 for the scan and Ev for the translation! Wink

YulSic lovin' ^^
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.You are

the light, to my soul. You are my purpose..you're everything
PostWed Apr 12, 2006 6:53 pm
idioteque

Steven’s sticks got broken most fast – so he was taken.

Hah, that's actually a really good way to pick a musician! If he was the drummer on 'Dangerous and moving', then he definately gets my vote! Thumb
PostThu Apr 13, 2006 9:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nemesis_revenge15

DeViLiSh YuLiA! wrote:
Geez the girls are busy. I love the scan though, especially the 2 pictures where Yulia is hugging Lena..awww.

where can i see these pics? Confused
I've been addicted to you
Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one
You have been the one for me
PostSat Apr 29, 2006 4:23 am
RowerB

^ Left click on the pic in the first post on this page.
PostSat Apr 29, 2006 4:41 am
nemesis_revenge15

thx RowerB i saw it! Grin
I've been addicted to you
Goodbye my lover
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one
You have been the one for me
PostSat Apr 29, 2006 1:34 pm
DeletedMemory

Cool! Thanks alot xena for posting and to Ev! Thumb

Aww Lena gots the cold. Hug Poor thing..
PostSun Apr 30, 2006 3:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: