:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. + Universal/Interscope end contractual relationship
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Like You

Post subject: Reply with quote
Mansa Musa wrote:
There only big name artist they have right now is 50 cent, and it seems he's almost over. Indifferent

Totally Untrue

Here is a list of some of the big names on Interscope:
AFI
All-American Rejects
Audioslave
Eminem
Flipsyde
Keane
Marilyn Manson
No Doubt
Busta Rhymes (loser)
Gwen Stefani*
Sugababes
U2*
Pharrell Williams
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I wish t.A.T.u. luck!! Because I really doubt they'll find someone better than Interscope. Half Frown I just pray to god it isn't anything with Scott Storch!

ChynaFan

Lena Katina... Beauty.Perfection.Talent.

RIP Chelsea you were the best dog ever!!
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 1:13 pm
BlackEGO

ChynaFan wrote:
Mansa Musa wrote:
There only big name artist they have right now is 50 cent, and it seems he's almost over. Indifferent

Totally Untrue

AFI
All-American Rejects
Audioslave
Eminem
Flipsyde
Keane
Marilyn Manson
No Doubt
Busta Rhymes (loser)
Gwen Stefani*
Sugababes
U2*
Pharrell Williams
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I wish t.A.T.u. luck!! Because I really doubt they'll find someone better than Interscope. Half Frown I just pray to god it isn't anything with Scott Storch!

ChynaFan

Please name one Artist on Interscope that is selling as much albums as 50 cent.

Pharrell's new album just floped.
The Yeah Yeah Yeah's, last single went no where, another flop.
U2 has a good amount of sales but its nothing to get excited about.
The sugababes is a no name artist.
Gwen Stefani does ok numbers.
Busta had the biggest song on billboard this year, and yet his new album is doing poor numbers.
No doubt is like over.
Marilyn manson career has been over since the last 90's.
Keane got no where in the us, there just a cold play rip off.
Flipsyde sold no records.
Eminem carrer is almost over, and the only reason he ever sold records was because kids from the surburbs brought the album and thought it was real hip-hop, which is far from the truth.
Audioslave, can we say over?
All-American Rejects can was say poor record sales? It took them 4 videos to sell 500 thousand albums, with dangrerous and moving it took Tatu one.
AFI, can we say medicore at best, they only appeal to fake sucidal teens, and they don't sell records.

50 cent is the only one on Interscope that is selling huge number's. Matter of fact some of Interscope artist have proclaim that 50 cent is running Interscope because he is making them alot of money.

How about you google "50 cent interscope Jackson". Thumb

Or how about you check out this article where 50 cent proclaims he runs Interscope.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499793/20050408/story.jhtml

As has been said on the ILL Community forum with is like a hip-hop forum. Interscope is not the record label it was 3 years ago. When all there artist were #1 on the charts. Labels like Alantic, and def jam seems to have constant number 1s right now and no flops on the charts.

50 cent runs Interscope.
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 5:33 pm
jonny

The Sugababes arent a no name artist. They are quite big almost everywhere other than the US. Their song push the button got to number one the week All About Us got to number 8 and the album was in the charts for along time. (But i think they are only on Interscopes books as Universal must have wanted them promoted in the US.. but i guess thats not happened)

No Doubt are recording new stuff with gwen

The other stuff i agree with though lol.

I give up lol smelly thing it is..pft to it
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 5:59 pm
Like You

Whatever Mansa Musa I'm not even going to argue with you because you think your always right. Rolleyes

Personally I think it's the end for t.A.T.u but I pray I'm wrong! But if they have their mind made up on who they want to go with then I'll support them. I just hope to god it's not Scott Storch, that dude seriously needs to realize he's white.

ChynaFan

PostSat Sep 02, 2006 6:16 pm
QuieroTatu

ChynaFan wrote:

Totally Untrue

AFI
All-American Rejects
Audioslave
Eminem
Flipsyde
Keane
Marilyn Manson
No Doubt
Busta Rhymes (loser)
Gwen Stefani*
Sugababes
U2*
Pharrell Williams
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

ChynaFan

Thats a pretty comprehensive list, thank you Chynafan. The only people on the list who have some artistic prowess are the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, U2, and Gwen. The rest aren't impressive; although many of them have been heavy hitters in the past.

And Mansa, unless you can back up your opinions (which is all they are now;) with facts, your musings are less than worthless.
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 6:24 pm
BlackEGO

Your totally correct, I'm always right. :D

I swear you people have issues, if you think Tatu were not talking with other labels before they came out with leaving Interscope/universal, you have issues, it was also a matual agreement, they were not droped. Interscope did nothing for Tatu. Interscope was only there label in America.

"Scott Storch, that dude seriously needs to realize he's white. "

Last time I check you are sporting a Evanescence banner, and there music genere was created by African slaves from the sahel of Africa, so I guess they, and the mojorty of rock bands need to relize that they are white, and stop making black music in orgin. Thumb

Theres a search engine called Google, use it, then you will notice the majorty of Interscope Artist are flopping. Interscope is not the same label it was 3 years ago.

50 cent is running it, which has been stated by many sources.
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 7:59 pm
QuieroTatu

^Im not the one who needs to back up ramblings.

As far as I'm concerned, you're wrong until you prove yourself right; not my job to prove yourself for you
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 8:57 pm
Like You

QuieroTatu wrote:
^Im not the one who needs to back up ramblings.

As far as I'm concerned, you're wrong until you prove yourself right; not my job to prove yourself for you

Honestly its not worth it QuieroTatu, trust me I have dealt with Mansa Musa many of times.

Quote:
Your totally correct, I'm always right.

That says it all Rolleyes Like I said it won't be worth it.

All we are going to hear for the next twenty-five posts is that 50 Cent is the only big artist on Interscope and nothing more.

I don't get how people say Interscope did nothing for t.A.T.u. in America. Shouldn't t.A.T.u. come here and promote rather than just throw an album out here and expect it to sell? I mean its a two-way street; you can't just blame the other. In my opinion they are both at fault.

ChynaFan

PostSat Sep 02, 2006 11:49 pm
QuieroTatu

I agree with that to some degree; but honestly, why jump on a sinking ship? Maybe they chose to cut their losses in the US and fortify their fanbase in Latin America; a highly lucrative market full of third world countries desperate to live a firs world life style.
PostSun Sep 03, 2006 12:11 am
t.A.T.u97

I don't get if its good news or bad? Does t.A.T.u not want to promote in US, thus leaving the US company? Or do they want a better promoter?

~Gay for Yulia~
PostSun Sep 03, 2006 1:40 am
rocks88

I hope tatu get A good record company that will promote them.
PostSun Sep 03, 2006 9:05 am
QuieroTatu

rocks88 wrote:
I hope tatu get A good record company that will promote them.

That seems to be the general concensus Grin
PostSun Sep 03, 2006 11:44 am
BlackEGO

There we go blaming Tatu again for not coming to the states to promote, it was reported last year, that Interscope decided not to promote the album in the states, Interscope was also the ones who pushed for the release of the singles "friend or foe" and "Gomenasai" while Universal wanted "loves me not". Tatu had nothing to do with not coming to the States it was Interscope who decided for them not to promote there.

Once again ChynaFan is being so subliminal. Rolleyes
PostSun Sep 03, 2006 6:57 pm
QuieroTatu

Gomenasai was an idiotic choice. It should have been Friend or Foe or Cosmos.
PostSun Sep 03, 2006 10:43 pm
Starrgurl

Friend Or Foe was released, but I agree Cosmos would've made a beter choice than Gomenasai. It's a beautiful ballad but it wouldn't do well here, only in Japan.
Maybe they should consider that label Good Charlotte started- Dead Executives or something like that.

There's no room for practicality
It sucks up all originality
A paradox in its finality
You create your own reality

Oh and a big thanx to Ghost Of You for the banner
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 12:50 am
QuieroTatu

Oh hell no.

Good Charlotte was a disgusting excuse for a band; thank god they've lost all popularity so I dont have to hear their insipid whining all over the radio. We get enough of that from Fall Out Disco And Panic at the Boy.
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 10:38 am
Like You

I like all 3 of those bands Tongue

I think it will be interesting where ever they chose to go. Anyone else think they'll choose something that will have nothing to do with the USA so they don't have to come here? Frown

ChynaFan

PostMon Sep 04, 2006 12:35 pm
Kristya

QuieroTatu wrote:
Oh hell no.

Good Charlotte was a disgusting excuse for a band; thank god they've lost all popularity so I dont have to hear their insipid whining all over the radio. We get enough of that from Fall Out Disco And Panic at the Boy.

I'll give another HELL NO. Ew. I dislike all of those bands. Especially FOB and PATD. What a sorry excuse for music.

I think FOF was a wise choice. But Sting should have been a part of it. And, I am so happy they left Interscope. They never knew how to promote. The girls deserve more than that.
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 1:21 pm
QuieroTatu

Kristya wrote:
QuieroTatu wrote:
Oh hell no.

I'll give another HELL NO. Ew. I dislike all of those bands. Especially FOB and PATD. What a sorry excuse for music.

I think FOF was a wise choice. But Sting should have been a part of it. And, I am so happy they left Interscope. They never knew how to promote. The girls deserve more than that.

Thank god someone has some sense here. The whole whiney power pop thing needs to end.
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 2:23 pm
Never Mind

^AGREED 100% Grin , imho.

I hope that they wouldn't join a label that some artist or band has come up with.
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 3:27 pm
DeletedMemory

Eh.. They'll find a better label who will PROMOTE them better. It's our girls. Don't underestimate their ways.. Wink
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 9:05 pm
jonny

QuieroTatu wrote:
Oh hell no.

Lol i like those bands too. And GC are recording the new album.. so expect to hear the whining all over the radio pretty soon. :p

Are there any big russian lables?

I give up lol smelly thing it is..pft to it
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 9:12 pm
NavySEAL6

thnx Xena i actualy black out there about 3 hours ago when i read the "this the end" post by someone I was out for 8 minutes!. I never realized how emotionaly attacted i am to them and i am excited to hear about the new album 2007. thank God its not over

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"--George Orwell

US ARMED FORCES: If you won't stand behind us, please feel free to stand in front of us.
PostMon Sep 04, 2006 11:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkvader

NavySEAL6 wrote:
thnx Xena i actualy black out there about 3 hours ago when i read the "this the end" post by someone I was out for 8 minutes!. I never realized how emotionaly attacted i am to them and i am excited to hear about the new album 2007. thank God its not over

Yeah, me either.........

the new albume shocked me
Surprised/Shocked Surprised/Shocked

but in a good way Thumb
PostTue Sep 05, 2006 11:10 am
donna friend

i look at it like this the girls are gonna do what they are gonna do if they sign to another label they do it if not they dont ohh well most likely they will just let it run its course and see what happens but yeah not to bragging or anything thye need to. promote in the states it would be good ..most likely help boost cd sales but hey what do i know im just a 15 year old girl who lives in the states

PostMon Sep 18, 2006 12:42 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
multieyedmyr

Being a 15 year old girl living in the states give you the most right to say to promote here after all im sure you are one major target audience and should know just as much as anyone they need to promote ^^ but what do i know im a 29 year old man Grin

"When someone hands you a flier, it's like they're saying, 'Here, you throw this away.' " ~Mitch Hedberg~
PostMon Sep 18, 2006 2:28 pm
donna friend

i mean atleast do a few shows or something and not just release the cd here in america i say do a new single and release it here in the states it might help alot with record sales i mean shit do a single with fergie that would be pretty hot . atleast do something

PostMon Sep 18, 2006 2:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sicario

Post subject: ! Reply with quote
damn ! xD all post should be like Starrgurl, u should write a book or a comic or something ^^' anyway , ur crazy girl, charming Thumb and... LONG LIVE TO TATU ! Annoyed
PostMon Sep 25, 2006 2:19 am
xena225

There is some talk about t.A.T.u. starting their own record label. So far, it's just hearsay, nothing official. What do you all think about such a possibility?

xena225
PostMon Sep 25, 2006 4:15 am
QuieroTatu

NEVER.

They haven't the talent nor the experience.
PostMon Sep 25, 2006 10:34 am
Tsui

It's a good question, really. I don't know what experience they have on that matter, I mean, forming your own label can't be easy, they'd have to work with the best to make it work, it's not impossible.
And I belieave they have the guts and the brains to try.
PostMon Sep 25, 2006 11:32 am
volkova_89

Maybe they liked being more involved in the making of their albums. You know .. not only the singing and the concept. They chose the order of the tracks and so forth for their last 2 cds (LI and D&M). Plus, they will keep working with the same staff .. so there won't be much difference.

I think the girls have the potential and the will to make this work. Thumb
PostTue Sep 26, 2006 10:33 am
sparkle

Quote:
There is some talk about t.A.T.u. starting their own record label. So far, it's just hearsay, nothing official. What do you all think about such a possibility?

If they start their own record label then i'm sure it will be fantastic, they will get promoted better if that happens, i'm quite sure of it. Smile i think it would be better that way. Thumb

vickie
PostTue Sep 26, 2006 10:58 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DJFan2

But most likely no more America visits Cry
PostTue Sep 26, 2006 2:21 pm
Dean

Mansa Musa wrote:

Please name one Artist on Interscope that is selling as much albums as 50 cent.

Pharrell's new album just floped.
The Yeah Yeah Yeah's, last single went no where, another flop.
U2 has a good amount of sales but its nothing to get excited about.
The sugababes is a no name artist.
Gwen Stefani does ok numbers.
Busta had the biggest song on billboard this year, and yet his new album is doing poor numbers.
No doubt is like over.
Marilyn manson career has been over since the last 90's.
Keane got no where in the us, there just a cold play rip off.
Flipsyde sold no records.
Eminem carrer is almost over, and the only reason he ever sold records was because kids from the surburbs brought the album and thought it was real hip-hop, which is far from the truth.
Audioslave, can we say over?
All-American Rejects can was say poor record sales? It took them 4 videos to sell 500 thousand albums, with dangrerous and moving it took Tatu one.
AFI, can we say medicore at best, they only appeal to fake sucidal teens, and they don't sell records.

50 cent is the only one on Interscope that is selling huge number's. Matter of fact some of Interscope artist have proclaim that 50 cent is running Interscope because he is making them alot of money.

How about you google "50 cent interscope Jackson". Thumb

Or how about you check out this article where 50 cent proclaims he runs Interscope.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499793/20050408/story.jhtml

As has been said on the ILL Community forum with is like a hip-hop forum. Interscope is not the record label it was 3 years ago. When all there artist were #1 on the charts. Labels like Alantic, and def jam seems to have constant number 1s right now and no flops on the charts.

50 cent runs Interscope.

Pussycat dolls!
PostTue Sep 26, 2006 5:49 pm
Like You

I guess PCD would be included. They are Interscope/A&M records.

Here is a list of everyone listed on the Interscope records website:

(+44)
2pac
50 Cent
A Thorn For Every Heart
Bryan Adams
AFI
Akira The Don
All-American Rejects
Audioslave
Lloyd Banks
Beck
Bilal
Black Eyed Peas
Butterfly Boucher
Brand New
Kaci Brown
Vanessa Carlton
Richard Carpenter
Ce'Cile Delicious
Chronic Future
Keyshia Cole
Chris Cornell
Sheryl Crow
D12
Daddy Yankee
Davey Brothers
Dirty Pretty Things
Dr. Dre
Dredg
Driveblind
Elan
Eminem
Eve
The Faders
Feist
Flipsyde
G-Unit
Giant Drag
The Grates
Helmet
High Speed Scene
Keri Hilson
The Hives
Kristin Hoffmann
Institute
Jadakiss
Jimmy Eat World
Jurassic 5
Keane
Jonny Lang
Lanz
The Lovemakers
The Lox
Loretta Lynn
M.I.A.
Marilyn Manson
Metro City
Mobb Deep
Mr. Vegas
Ms. Dynamite
Mya
Narwhal
Nine Black Alps
Nine Inch Nails
No Doubt
Olivia
Platinum Weird
The Pussycat Dolls
Queens of the Stone Age
The Rasmus
Busta Rhymes
Rich Boy
Carina Round
Will Smith
Snow Patrol
Spiderbait
Spit Fiya
Stat Quo
Gwen Stefani
Sting
Styles P
Sugababes
Sierra Swan
t.A.T.u. (still listed!)
Robin Thicke
...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead
Obie Trice
TV On The Radio
U2
Valeria
The Wallflowers
Pharrell Williams
Wolfmother
Tony Yayo
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Young Buck
Zed

It's quite the lenghty list, I'm sure they will be just fine without t.A.T.u.

ChynaFan

PostTue Sep 26, 2006 8:20 pm
QuieroTatu

Oh god i forgot about Beck. He's a firmament mover.
PostWed Sep 27, 2006 2:22 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: