:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Tatu in Denmark [November 2005] VIDEO/PHOTOS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElectraCute

Post subject: Reply with quote
Just seen the girls on Clement direct – short but pretty good
They were interviewed by Danish politician Louise Frevert – member of both Parliament and the municipal corporation of Copenhagen (Frevert is a member of right wing party Dansk Folkeparti and lesbian).

She had a little quiz with girls.

The show can be found here:
http://www.dr.dk/clement/arkiv.asp
ca. 15:30 min into the show

"Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow"
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 5:16 pm
RowerB

Thanks very much for the link, ElectraCute. That was good.
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 5:29 pm
iLuvjulia84

LOL that was really funny Grin Thanx ElectraCute Thumb

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 5:38 pm
Anouk

lol Grin That was funny :rofl:

Lena - Hmmm, maybe Yulia is a lesbian *wonders*

? ????? ???? ????????!! ??? - ??? ??? ??????..
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 5:47 pm
xena225

ElectraCute wrote:
Just seen the girls on Clement direct – short but pretty good
They were interviewed by Danish politician Louise Frevert – member of both Parliament and the municipal corporation of Copenhagen (Frevert is a member of right wing party Dansk Folkeparti and lesbian).

Wow, that was funny. And very interesting. :nod:

I liked their reaction when Louise told them she was a lesbian. They seemed really interested in that.

And then...

Yulia (when she heard that Louise Frevert has been married to a woman for 5 years): "Lena, I think we must try marriage." Lena: "Noooo. With you, never." Yulia (playfully exasperated): "Thank you." :rofl:

And wow, Yulia did not want to end the interview. That's gotta be a first. Grin Julia: "I want to speak longer with you." Louise and Yulia share a look. Lena (pats Yulia's hand): "Maybe Julia is a lesbian..." And Yulia actually said: "Maybe, maybe." :)

Yulia is so charming and playful and direct. What a fascinating woman she is. Cool

Very nice. Much too short, though. I also would have liked to see them speak longer with Louise Frevert.

Thanks, ElectraCute! :)

xena225

Last edited by xena225 on Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 5:54 pm
Anouk

^ Maybe Yulia wants to speak longer with me tomorrow if I tell her I'm lesbian Rofl I could tell her that Holland was first in gay marriage aswell :lol:

Forget Lena, Yul.. I'll marry ya Wink lol

PostFri Nov 18, 2005 5:59 pm
tkguru8

That is nice and all, but I'd think it would be simpler for everyone if they just had the clip featuring TATU. So, here it is. A simple 9.4 MB file with only the 3:34 of footage we care about. Maybe the commentators said some nice things about them, but I can't understand it, so I cut it out.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7830718/TATU_in_Denmark_English_.wmv.html
PostFri Nov 18, 2005 7:21 pm
iLuvjulia84

^Thanks! Thumb

PostFri Nov 18, 2005 7:23 pm
ElectraCute

thanks tkguru8 Thumb

Quote:
Maybe the commentators said some nice things about them, but I can't understand it, so I cut it out.

Nothing important was said.

PostFri Nov 18, 2005 8:13 pm
tatu_noir

ahhhhh!!! i haven't seen a thing yet, but *sigh* DANMARK!! *bows down to it and kissses it's feet and...* tak! :hug:

;)

ok. let me see. let me see SmileSmile:)

edit: uh...i have absolutely no audio. anyone else have the same problem? :half:

xena225 wrote:
Quote:
Tatu on tour: Denmark
Time of publication: 17.11.2005 (13:59)

On November 15-16, Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina visited Demnark where they had a number of interviews, which included:

TV appearances:
MTV "LUSH" (afternoon show at MTV)
Boogie (Music programme on national television)
Clement Direkte (Popular TV-show. Will be aired the 18/11 – at their last show!)

Press:
Musik.dk (Music E-zine)
Urban (Daily paper)
Ekstra Bladet (Daily paper)
Se & Hoer (Weekly entertainment magazine)
Frikvarter (Monthly lifestyle and music magazine)
M! (Site for men)

Later in the afternoon on November 16, the group was flown to Paris to continue their promo-tour.

Source: TatySite.net
Special thanks to Universal Music

Thank you to Tatysite for the information! Thumb

xena225

wow. can you imagine that? if it were you and yr best friend?

crazy.
lol, M! site for men. what the hell did they say there? Tongue

Last edited by tatu_noir on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Nov 19, 2005 3:21 am
Maraja

Hahaha that interview on Danish television was so funny. Grin Man I loved their reactions, and especially Yulia was funny. *giggles to herself*
PostSat Nov 19, 2005 5:45 pm
merrylegs

Can anyone upload it to yousendit.com?
PostSat Nov 19, 2005 6:21 pm
iLuvjulia84

^Here u go merrylegs Smile
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0A210APNRIKQE3H4RTCCH43JIX

PostSat Nov 19, 2005 8:48 pm
AllTheThingsSheSaid123

haha that was a funny interview, i wish it was longer tho

Lena Katina=hottest girl ever (or one of)

Yulia is a MILF!!
PostSat Nov 19, 2005 9:11 pm
tatu_noir

yeah that was good. i loved lena's response when the woman said she was lesbian and is married to a woman. the huge pause and lena just saying 'oh.' and everyone laughed.

it bugged me when she was showing them pictures of people and asking if they looked gay tho. it was just dumb.
and also, sometimes gay people bother me just as much as straight people with their short-sightedness with relationships. like when the woman said 'if yr not lesbian, why marry?'
that is just close-minded to me. i know she meant well, and it seems logical. but for godsakes, someone introduce some of these people to the term 'bisexuality' or even just LOVE? freal. it pisses me off Indifferent
some gays and lesbians can be just as limited in their understanding of love as heterosexuals. everything is so gender-oriented! it's lame.

i love how the girls were genuinely surprised when she told them that two women can marry in denmark and it is normal (although i wouldn't go that far to say it's normal. i have alot of danish friends online and they tell me how they struggle with being gay and how their parents are totally uncool with it etc)
but it was like a new world dawned on them. hehe, i think yuls was def into it Wink
PostSun Nov 20, 2005 3:14 pm
music

omg , that was a great interview, thanx for posting Grin it was soo funny! Lol
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 12:52 pm
Shatzi

Nε! Look at me, in Denmark, and I couldn't even make it to Copenhagen. Well I didn't realize they stopped by until today...but I doubt I could have gotten myself there anyway. The interview was brilliant. Thanks for the links.
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 2:16 pm
Maraja

tatu_noir wrote:
it bugged me when she was showing them pictures of people and asking if they looked gay tho. it was just dumb.

Apparently the audience appreaciated it... heard how they laughed? Tongue I believe those people were politicians, like herself.

I agree with what you say on it being narrow-minded to say that two girls can't marry unless they're lesbians. I will label Tatu as un-labeled, lol. Tongue
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 2:51 pm
Sakuya

cool interview.. one of the best ive seen (exept frank skinner show of course)
but those questions... well they have right yo ask that everytime..
tatu really confused many people with attss vid, not being lesbian, and just love each other... Smile
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 5:38 pm
Chey

Maraja wrote:
tatu_noir wrote:

Apparently the audience appreaciated it... heard how they laughed? Tongue I believe those people were politicians, like herself.

I agree with what you say on it being narrow-minded to say that two girls can't marry unless they're lesbians. I will label Tatu as un-labeled, lol. Tongue

Keeping in mind that the three people involved in the interview were all non-English/American, meaning English was at least their second language, I think you guys have misinterpreted the woman slightly. What she could have meant, was that since Yulia and Lena were not lesbians or romantically involved, then why marry? The implication was that marriage is an important joining which shouldn't be done if no love is involved, and Yulia and Lena had already explicitly denied any lesbianism between them. The way the woman phrased her gentle dismissal of their hypothetical marriage however, made it seem as though she were saying only lesbians/gays need to really marry as though it's only them that need to prove their love in such a way. For her to be a politician and make such an off the wall remark when she obviously seems quite down to earth, seems a little farfetched.

Cool interview though. Yulia seemed quite fascinated with the respectable lesbian. I wonder how many out and proud homosexual people they meet, that aren't their fans and gushing at them. <--- speaking generally of course. Not all fans gush, and not all gushing at them would be fans.

Click HERE for From Girls to Women
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 6:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tatu_noir

Chey wrote:
Maraja wrote:
tatu_noir wrote:

Keeping in mind that the three people involved in the interview were all non-English/American, meaning English was at least their second language, I think you guys have misinterpreted the woman slightly. What she could have meant, was that since Yulia and Lena were not lesbians or romantically involved, then why marry? The implication was that marriage is an important joining which shouldn't be done if no love is involved, and Yulia and Lena had already explicitly denied any lesbianism between them.

well, it's a good point to bring up the fact that they were all not speaking in their native languages (tho danes are far more typically adept at english i think. they grow up learning it in school. it's more mandatory to learn it)
but i think you contradicted yrself a little bit up there. yulia and lena denied being lesbians, yeah, but they've never ever denied their love for eachother. and a real marriage, any true union between two people is based on love, not sex. or 'lesbianism'.

labels suck :p

tatu are definitely 'un-labeled'. i like that Maraja Smile
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 7:36 pm
BooBear

That was definately entertaining.. Grin It was cute, how Yulia looked down and she was like.. "lena.. maybe we should try marriage.. "

Yeah.. that was cute.. hehe

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 8:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Chey

Quote:
but i think you contradicted yrself a little bit up there. yulia and lena denied being lesbians, yeah, but they've never ever denied their love for eachother. and a real marriage, any true union between two people is based on love, not sex. or 'lesbianism'.

Couldn't one say lesbianism is the form of intimate love involving two women? You say marriage is not based on sex, just love; so does that then also include the love for friends and family? You may not want to have sex with them, but you love them. So... why is it illegal to marry family members? Indifferent Love that involves marriage is entirely based on sex... generally. (There's also the financial benefit of marrying that a few practical people take advantage of, rather than the doing it for reasons of proving their love.)

You are right in that Yulia and Lena have never denied their love, but they depict it in different ways. Of course they depicted themselves as being on intimate terms at first but they're coyly shying away from such depictions now. They say they are not lesbians, that they don't love each other in that way as such, but they love each other never the less. I think the woman picked up on that but settled on saying 'If you are not lesbian...' rather than: 'If your love is not of a romantic kind...'

I'll just ask this: What's easier to say? To label and say 'if you are not lesbians...' or 'if your love is not of a romantic kind...' The labelling is the first thing that comes into the head and is straight to the point though perhaps not strictly correct in Yulia and Lena's case. Would the woman who was not English, but could still speak it to a practical level, have been able to make such a diffrentiation between the phrasing and the labelling in her head in the moment she asked the question? Would she have even been thinking in English?

We can't know this for sure, but my point is that I think she meant to say something along the lines of, 'You can try... but if there is no romantic love between you, then why marry?'

She even stuttered rather obviously, showing she was a little short on words or needed to make time in attempt to think of her phrasing.

There was no denying of Yulia and Lena's love.

Click HERE for From Girls to Women
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yulias_Angel

LOL this was a very funny show.. Yulia is so cute but Elena, her "Oh!?" moment was to die for. Kewl show. Thumb

Thx 2 KARO!!!!!! :D

:kiss: ALENA WUV'S ME!! Hug
PostMon Nov 21, 2005 9:56 pm
tatu_noir

Chey wrote:
tatu_noir wrote:

Couldn't one say lesbianism is the form of intimate love involving two women?

sure. but it would just be one way to say it.

Chey wrote:
You say marriage is not based on sex, just love;

i said any real marriage or true union. which is subjective i guess. i meant when two people are devoted to each other heart and soul. when they are in love with eachother (romantically)

Chey wrote:
so does that then also include the love for friends and family? You may not want to have sex with them, but you love them. So... why is it illegal to marry family members? Indifferent

well, here we are getting into alot (which is ridiculous in my opinion) of grey area. this sounds like the argument many religious fanantics and homophobes dig up when trying to invalidate gay marriage, etc. like they start saying 'well, what's next after you let two men/women marry? what if someone wants to marry an animal??' that kind of thing is just silly and insulting. end of story.
and i could guess that a big reason family members cannot marry is because children born from these (at least m/f) unions would be, uh, well genetically messed up. (although royalty has been doing it for centuries, so...hm.) also, there is nothing to stop two friends getting married (of the opposite sex) who's going to check on them to make sure they're being intimate or not? (and god knows how many married couples are unfaithful).
it's a complicated subject definitely. but often, i think it is used in a totally inappropriate way as a hinderance of progress and understanding of the relationships of gays and lesbians--both the subtle differences and the obvious similarities (doh, labels. they are easier sometimes tho, i admit Indifferent)

Chey wrote:
Love that involves marriage is entirely based on sex... generally. (There's also the financial benefit of marrying that a few practical people take advantage of, rather than the doing it for reasons of proving their love.)

i can't entirely agree with you there. many people marry for companionship, security, for children...lots of reasons.

Chey wrote:
You are right in that Yulia and Lena have never denied their love, but they depict it in different ways. Of course they depicted themselves as being on intimate terms at first but they're coyly shying away from such depictions now. They say they are not lesbians, that they don't love each other in that way as such, but they love each other never the less. I think the woman picked up on that but settled on saying 'If you are not lesbian...' rather than: 'If your love is not of a romantic kind...'

yeah, i see what you meant. i agree.
but man, is that woman wrong if that is what she meant.
because what is yulia and lena's love if not TOTALLY romantic? they are the definition of romantic friendship.
maybe romantic or lesbian isn't the right word, maybe the woman meant to say 'why get married if you don't have sex together?'
and how vulgar would that have been? Rolleyes

Chey wrote:
I'll just ask this: What's easier to say? To label and say 'if you are not lesbians...' or 'if your love is not of a romantic kind...' The labelling is the first thing that comes into the head and is straight to the point though perhaps not strictly correct in Yulia and Lena's case. Would the woman who was not English, but could still speak it to a practical level, have been able to make such a diffrentiation between the phrasing and the labelling in her head in the moment she asked the question? Would she have even been thinking in English?

well, it's something we're not used to maybe. language changes over the years. thoughts, feelings change. attitudes change. that's evolution.
i hope that one day, words like gay and lesbian won't exist. we will just communicate differently.
that's just me tho.

Chey wrote:
We can't know this for sure, but my point is that I think she meant to say something along the lines of, 'You can try... but if there is no romantic love between you, then why marry?'

i agree. i know what she meant when she said it :)

hehe, i just watched it again. yulia's face...*giggle* when lena rejects the notion of marrying her...hilarious. and then she goes 'thanks!' lol!! :rofl:

that totally should have gone on longer. what were they thinking making it that short? Rolleyes
PostTue Nov 22, 2005 3:50 pm
BooBear

Despite the poor quality of the video.. I figured Yul & Lena's smiles were to good to pass up, and Yulia's facial figures also :thumbsup:

More here

Hopefully making my account viewable to public worked, if not let me know :D

Enjoy ^__^

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<
PostWed Nov 23, 2005 4:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
xena225

Thank you anngi (Tatugirls.de) and Lonni Jepsen for this picture. Thumb :)

I think Yulia really liked Louise. :)

Click to enlarge:

xena225
PostWed Nov 30, 2005 5:22 pm
iLuvjulia84

^Aww thats really cute Smile ..thanx

PostWed Nov 30, 2005 6:52 pm
Anouk

Look at Yul getting all snuggly with that reporter chick..

*wishes hard she was reporter chick*

Damn, didn't work Squint

PostThu Dec 01, 2005 12:50 am
ElectraCute

Here is the interview with M!
Quote:

t.A.T.u.: "Absolutely not lesbian"
Written by Martin Finnedal, 21-11-2005

M! was fortunate enough land an interview with the Russian sex-kittens. Unfortunately fantasy often surpasses reality.

"It is too bad for you that you are the last" says Lena. In connection with their new album "Dangerous and Moving" she and Julia have been doing interviews all day, and the rather tired and cold girls entrench themselves behind colas, cigarettes, and a woollen plaid.

Slightly impatient they are the ones to ask the first question:

Lena: Are you going to ask if we are girlfriends?

M! has about 8-12-14 questions in that style, but before I get to answer, she continues:

Lena: All journalists we have met the last 6-7 years have asked the same question every time.
M!: Well, it is not that strange considering you have been kissing ever since you've arrived?
Lena: Do you have to be lesbian just because you kiss? Yes we are girlfriends, but not that way. We just show who we are and that we love each other. We are honest and sincere.

Since their first record Julia has been pregnant and has given birth. And the last remains of the lesbian myth was punctured when Lena moved to Los Angeles and got an American boyfriend. None the less they still hold on to kissing and groping on stage.

M!: Have you made a strategy for how to end the lesbian image? Perhaps kiss less?
The two girls confer in Russian; again it's Lena (Julia says nothing in English other than "pleased to meet you") who answers:

Lena: no strategy. What would we need that for? People know we are honest and sincere.
M!: Oh ok, cause your manager insisted that you were lesbian.
Lena: That was just media gossip.

The manager/producer Ivan Shapovalov (who "invented" t.A.T.u.) is no longer part of their lives. Probably mainly because he kept all the money. But the girls (or rather Lena) are not out to throw mud at him.
Instead with a smile they explain that it was for their own good that they became blue with cold when shooting the video for "All the Things she said". They were drenched with ice-cold water the whole day.

Lena: we were so young. We didn't know how to act. It made it more natural that the water was cold. So we didn't think of anything else.
M!: Anything but freezing?
Lena: No, we didn't think about acting. We were just natural.

And thus everything is merry in t.A.T.u.-land.
- What are your fans like? They are sweet and kind all of them all over the world.
- Were you sad because you didn't win the Eurovision 2002? No, cause you can't rank music. Everything is equally good and equally unique.
- What has it been like for your families to see you half-naked on covers of magazines all over the world? They have all supported us.

Even an uncontroversial question like "what do you think about Denmark?" gets this answer, "it's really nice here and everybody are sweet and kind"

In this way the interview ends without big answers. One thing is extremely obvious: t.A.T.u. are not lesbians! Right?

Source:
M! http://m.jubii.dk/dd0fb458f6d041e1ae031aff804e8127.html

I'm sorry. What a crappy interview! Half Frown
Lena moving to LA. Rolleyes
Thank God it was on-line and I didn't have to buy it.

Quote:
Even an uncontroversial question like "what do you think about Denmark?" gets this answer, "“it’s really nice here and everybody are sweet and kind"

What answer did he expect: "a country full of lousy and stupid journalists!"
Puke

PostThu Dec 15, 2005 10:11 am
Maraja

Definitely agree with you ElectraCute! Hope not many people will read it. *also rolls eyes about Lena moving to LA*

I really liked how they didn't wait for him to ask the question, lol. Yes, we have been asked that a million of times already, haven't you read other magazines?

Thanks for the interview anyway. And translation of course. Smile
PostThu Dec 15, 2005 12:25 pm
xena225

Maraja wrote:
Definitely agree with you ElectraCute! Hope not many people will read it. *also rolls eyes about Lena moving to LA*

What about "Were you sad because you didn't win the Eurovision 2002?" 2002? Rolleyes
I don't think he did a lot of research for this *cough* interview. And guess what? It shows. BlahBlah

Thanks, ElectraCute! :)

ElectraCute wrote:

Louise in bed with Lena and Yulia even made it onto the new Molotok cover (issue no. 48)... Bottom left corner... *grins*

http://www.zabey.ru/data/covers/cover2005-48.jpg

xena225
PostThu Dec 15, 2005 12:30 pm
RowerB

Thanks for posting, ElectraCute.
Nice article I think.
ElectraCute wrote:
What answer did he expect: "a country full of lousy and stupid journalists!"

Very good.
PostThu Dec 15, 2005 1:51 pm
rocks88

Thanks ElectraCute Smile I found that interview boaring.
PostThu Dec 15, 2005 6:43 pm
xena225

Here's a very nice interview from Denmark last year. :)

MTV Lush Interview HQ
http://rapidshare.de/files/34418982/Tatu_-_MTV_Lush_Interview.avi

Thank you to Rachel + QueenofLesbania (Tatysite) for the video, and to Dj_Volk (Tatu.ru). Thumb :)

A few more caps, hope you like them... :)

xena225

Last edited by xena225 on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Sep 27, 2006 4:16 pm
donna friend

does that interview happen tp be in english

PostThu Sep 28, 2006 3:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xena225

donna friend, yes, it is. :wave:

xena225
PostThu Sep 28, 2006 3:59 pm
donna friend

thanks

PostThu Sep 28, 2006 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
volkova_89

I liked the interview .. Lena was so willing to explain the concept of the album and so forth. Is it me .. or Yulia was kind of flirting .. when she said: you are beautiful .. and she had that look Popa
PostThu Sep 28, 2006 9:24 pm
iLuvjulia84

volkova_89 wrote:
I liked the interview .. Lena was so willing to explain the concept of the album and so forth. Is it me .. or Yulia was kind of flirting .. when she said: you are beautiful .. and she had that look Popa

^lol i noticed that she was looking at her almost the whole time with a smile haha..

PostThu Sep 28, 2006 10:39 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: