:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
New album: Veselye Ulybki/Happy Smiles/Waste Management
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martine

Post subject: Reply with quote
I downloaded the album yesterday off of iTunes, and I half to say I can't stop listening to it. Grin
PostFri Dec 26, 2008 3:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jamisonxo

Post subject: well Reply with quote
i dont think the english album will come out in 2010, thats definatly not going to happen. If you look back you guys, 'snowfalling', 'little people', 'time of the moon', 'you and i' , 'white robe' are already done and they were all done a very long time ago,(from the movie trailer) and also 'fly on the wall' AND 'running blind' . So if those songs were done when ther trailer was out how much recording did they actually have to do? they already have half the album done ( if you count the two instrumentals). my guess, the comeback cd will be the soundtrack.And also as much i love tatu, they might get some charting songs, but none of them songs on Happy Smiles is gonna be as big as All the Things She said. And thats what everyone wants. but i hope they introduce a song or two people who arent tatu will like. maybee a song that isnt so deep. thats what i think :]

Every time I go to a party me and my bff play mal'chik gay and do the dance Smile
PostTue Dec 30, 2008 2:59 pm
yulialena21

Post subject: Re: well Reply with quote
Jamisonxo wrote:
i dont think the english album will come out in 2010, thats definatly not going to happen. If you look back you guys, 'snowfalling', 'little people', 'time of the moon', 'you and i' , 'white robe' are already done and they were all done a very long time ago,(from the movie trailer) and also 'fly on the wall' AND 'running blind' . So if those songs were done when ther trailer was out how much recording did they actually have to do? they already have half the album done ( if you count the two instrumentals). my guess, the comeback cd will be the soundtrack.And also as much i love tatu, they might get some charting songs, but none of them songs on Happy Smiles is gonna be as big as All the Things She said. And thats what everyone wants. but i hope they introduce a song or two people who arent tatu will like. maybee a song that isnt so deep. thats what i think :]

well i think that "fly on the wall" is a good international song.
PostTue Dec 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Jamisonxo

Post subject: well Reply with quote
fly on the wall is very good, but radio's arent going to play that. sadd

Every time I go to a party me and my bff play mal'chik gay and do the dance Smile
PostWed Dec 31, 2008 2:35 pm
yulialena21

Post subject: Re: well Reply with quote
Jamisonxo wrote:
fly on the wall is very good, but radio's arent going to play that. sadd

why do you say that?
PostWed Dec 31, 2008 4:20 pm
Jamisonxo

Post subject: if Reply with quote
if they would play it dont u think they would have already?

PostWed Dec 31, 2008 5:19 pm
Prosti

they can't play what they want. it's not they have all albums and think now i'm gonna play number 4 of this cd. they only play singles. (at least, in holland they do)

http://www.last.fm/user/Daantje2678/
PostFri Jan 02, 2009 8:17 am
Lenalover44

Prosti wrote:
they can't play what they want. it's not they have all albums and think now i'm gonna play number 4 of this cd. they only play singles. (at least, in holland they do)

It's the same everywhere. I've heard stories that Fly on The Wall is out on certain radio stations. But, either way, it is illegal. The station might have heard the song and thought they liked it, so they put it on....... Either way, I think t.A.T.u. should start promoting now for everything they've promised us..... I think a good first american single would either be Fly on The Wall or You and I (because of the movie). You and I would promote both the song AND the movie. t.A.T.u. should try to get some American light before they start even releasing their albums.

Thanx for the name... lena_lover and all you other lovers out there!!!!!
PostFri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm
Jamisonxo

I think that this album was overall a disapointment.
Not in the songs, but in the manner it was released, the promotion, the delay, the press, the direction... I know that tatu dont need to release music anymore because their rich and dont need the money but still. To be honest.... I dont see tatu making anymore music for at least 3 years. Lets be honest if parvis and yulia get married... do u think parvis is gonna like lesbian songs between lena and yulia???

PostSun Jan 04, 2009 9:42 pm
belochka07

Jamisonxo wrote:
I think that this album was overall a disapointment.
Not in the songs, but in the manner it was released, the promotion, the delay, the press, the direction... I know that tatu dont need to release music anymore because their rich and dont need the money but still. To be honest.... I dont see tatu making anymore music for at least 3 years. Lets be honest if parvis and yulia get married... do u think parvis is gonna like lesbian songs between lena and yulia???

Lesbian songs? That's not really how I'd describe them. I know ATTSS can be seen as a gay anthem but the Happy Smiles album isn't really like that. And anyway, who really gives a damn about what Parvis thinks? Rolleyes If he really loves Yulia, the content of the songs should not matter.

And as for a matter of the promotion, I think they've been doing a great job. They've been featured in various magazines lately and on the radio. And don't forget that they're promoting the Russian album; that's probably why we haven't heard too much about it. I think that once the English album and the movie is released later on this year, there will be much more Tatu.
PostSun Jan 04, 2009 10:20 pm
AshIdiot

Where can I find some good translations and interpretations? Google isn't very helpful... Smile
PostSat Jan 10, 2009 7:52 pm
pippinsmagick22

http://nichya.blyat.net is a good lyrics translation site.
PostSat Jan 10, 2009 10:21 pm
the king of sting

Well i've been a bit behind the curve on this one what with the postage being shall we say glacial. So i've had my copy a couple of weeks now, and at the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, it's pretty damn good. The thing sealing it for me is the lack of the obvious cringeworthy "dud" track previous albums had (ie. Gomenasai, Malchik Gay). There really isn't a weak track there, and although FOTW feels like it was para-dropped in from another album it's more than catchy enough to get away with it. Although i'd rather they not go down that direction- especially "every scahahahar" stuff- careful it doesn't degenerate into warbling Mariah Carey bullshit. As for theintro- nice, but i'd rather they used the intro they used during the D&M live shows- you know, this one-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpf6-MVd7MY

Sure it probably would've been a bit incongrous with the rest of the tracks, but I love it to death and a studio recorded version would've been all kinds of awesome. Although the VU track itself was excellent too. One gripe, though, is the length. Could've used a couple more tracks, but then perhaps fewer, better tracks is the right approach. Can't wait to see this toured properly, they're sitting on one hell of a potential setlist now.
The Tajik in space was the best one. Apparently he's been in the Soyuz since 1990 but when the USSR broke up responsibility for getting him back passed to Tajikistan, which could not afford it. However he's been paid ever since and now has USD 100,000,000 in his space account. He can't spend it until he hires a ship to get him down, which he will do if you activate his bank account...
PostWed Jan 21, 2009 8:38 pm
Mohamed92

Wow! The album is amazing. My fav song is Running Blind. TATU rocks
PostSat Jan 24, 2009 11:03 am
xena225

Test - ignore
PostMon Jan 26, 2009 10:45 am
xena225

Test - ignore
PostWed Jan 28, 2009 1:20 am
xena225

Test - ignore
PostWed Jan 28, 2009 1:21 am
xena225

From Russian Billboard...

Quote:
Billboard #12 (20)/ December 2008

Click to see large version

In the album "Happy Smiles", released by Souz Studio, t.A.T.u. haven't lost the main thing - this risky feeling in their creative work. Despite the unexpected album's title, despite the accumulation of different promo-photos in the booklet and despite mixing of English and Russian songs on one disk for the first time*. However, keeping in mind the presence of many authors from different parts of the world, musically the album turned out consistent and in brisk pop-synthetic style. On the background of the other tracks, video-singles "White Robe", "220" and "Fly on the Wall" (music video for this song seems quite a logical step) stand out significantly. Without jumping over their own heads, t.A.T.u. were on 92nd place in the general album sales chart of American iTunes after the first week of sales - it's the best result among Russian artists in 2008. t.A.T.u. may happily smile from international outer-space.

Filip Maklakov / Billboard

* Second album *Ludi Invalidi* also has both English and Russian songs - blog.tatu.ru note

Source: http://blog.tatu.ru/Media/2009/01/26/1232716560000.html

Wave
PostWed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 am
Tatyana

I received the new cd for Christmas, and it is great !!! I think every song is good. Yulia and Lena sound so good. My favorite song is "You and I". I think it might be the greatest song ever ! Hope to see them in concert soon.
PostWed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 am
xena225

Two new reviews. Here are the translations, thank you to Blog.Tatu.ru! Thumb

Quote:
Car Music Magazine, January-February 2009
Hot Audio 10 of the Month

t.A.T.u. Happy Smiles

The third album of international ambassadors of Russian pop music was created by the same team that worked on previous releases Ludi Invalidi/ Dangerous & Moving (2005). That [second] album wasn't as successful as the debut 200km/h in The Wrong Lane, based on pseudo lesbian provocations, but it made people recognize t.A.T.u. as one of the most interesting pop bands in the world, who occupied their own niche and removed a "one-hit-wonder" label off the group. Happy Smiles didn't become a principally new stage in duo's biography: Many songs continue the themes of previous works. More than that, there're no such smash hits as "Cosmos" or "Obesyanka-Nol" in the new album. Nevertheless, not a single Russian release of 2008, including Zemfira and Mummiy Troll, is even close to "Happy Smiles" level. Pretty much everything is completely unreachable here: ingenuity in arrangements, daring, ambitions, the level of melodies and lyrics.

Listening recommendations:
Listen thoughtfully

Source: http://blog.tatu.ru/Media/2009/02/05/1233838620000.html

Quote:
Intermedia

t.A.T.u. Happy Smiles

t.A.T.u.'s third album was met without throwing hats in the air. Matured Lena and Yulia were found guilty of, for example, the fact that they've grown, but their songs are still the same; that nobody believes in their provocations, and they can't create new; that with such level of songs they can forget not only success in the West, but also here in Russia; that Shapovalov's creativity was great, but now it's a little late to use his "moves"; that it would be better for the band to break up right after the first English-language album because it's impossible to repeat the triumph, and to be less than that is senseless.

Well. I also think that they should've separated at the height of success instead of sliding into graceless scandals. But it didn't happen, and we cannot judge here. Who knows, what are Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina's motivation. Many of us [in their places] would gladly spend the remaining 30-40 years at the sea shore, spitting at incoming wave. But it could be necessary to feed families, to pay credit bills, to bring up children. And anyway, life is like a bike: Once you stop rolling treadles, you fall down.

It could have been not only a question of financial reasons: Some people love to sing, you know. Or to write songs. Or to write about identical albums with different words. All in all, t.A.T.u. - for some reason - keep going. And despite all wierd details of their current status, they're still among the best.

The weirdest thing here is that it's very hard to insert the duo into our show-business' coordinates. t.A.T.u. are not among superactual touring bands, you can't see them in a crowd of artists trying to get into the tops of charts, they don't belong to any coalitions - but their default status is superstars and headliners of everything they're involved in. They are separate - and this is the main dividend from the real, not "PR-created", recognition in the West.

The fact that t.A.T.u. are separate is heard in "Happy Smiles" sound. Many artists [in Russia] get proud of English names of sound producers; well, they shouldn't. It's enough to play t.A.T.u.'s album to understand that those artists were deceived. The band is still searching for new authors with enthusiasm (Slowman, Vanya Kilar) and, as before, is sure that besides music scandal is essential. And here we've got a questionable issue: Provocative video "White Robe" and album' working title "Waste Management" [at first] looked as some epatage with an aim to conceal creative stagnation. After "Happy Smiles" release it became clear that the scale of creative stagnation was hugely exaggerated. Yes, generally speaking, t.A.T.u. do nothing new here, but in their usual style they show us several samples of a very strong material. Apart from instrumental "Intro", there're two-three English language smash-hits ("You and I", "Fly on the Wall") and also nice new tracks in Russian - "Chelovechki", "Marsianskie Glasa" and "220", although the latter has strange lyrics.

Yulia and Lena still sing with enthusiasm, so I really don't know why all those critics from the first paragraph are not convinced by their singing. The band would hardly get in the first lines of charts with the new album, but it's actually not the point. The point is "Happy Smiles" actually answers the question why t.A.T.u. keep going on. Let them go on: Without them the music would be duller, quieter and with less quality.

3 stars out of 5

Alexei Mazhaev / Intermedia News Agency

Source: http://blog.tatu.ru/Media/2009/02/03/1233669960000.html
PostFri Feb 06, 2009 1:24 am
belochka07

xena225 wrote:
Yulia and Lena still sing with enthusiasm, so I really don't know why all those critics from the first paragraph are not convinced by their singing. The band would hardly get in the first lines of charts with the new album, but it's actually not the point. The point is "Happy Smiles" actually answers the question why t.A.T.u. keep going on. Let them go on: Without them the music would be duller, quieter and with less quality.

Source: http://blog.tatu.ru/Media/2009/02/03/1233669960000.html

I totally agree with that. I cannot imagine how boring life would be without Tatu. Smile
PostFri Feb 06, 2009 5:43 pm
Nick0123

I remember reading how back in 2003-04 that everyone, even their parents thought t.A.T.u. was over and they would do solo careers, blinded sided them didn't they lol. I couldn't imagine them breaking apart they complete each other! Hope the new album comes out soon in America!

Finished Fics
All Their Love - http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20832
Fire and Lightning - http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=656636#656636
Nothing Can Stop Us - http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20876
PostMon Mar 02, 2009 9:33 pm
Starrgurl

I just listened to the intro used in the D&M tour and I agree it would've been a better intro for the album. But oh well.

There's no room for practicality
It sucks up all originality
A paradox in its finality
You create your own reality

Oh and a big thanx to Ghost Of You for the banner
PostTue Mar 03, 2009 8:38 pm
Tom

From TatuHQ:
Quote:
During one of the chat on the official forum, which took place a few days ago, Boris Rensky informed of plans to issue a Russian version of the album on vinyl (available in the tatushop), which would include 6 new songs. Manager also gave some other interesting information:

- English version of 220 is called 220 (Sparks are flying in my head);
- Blog will return soon (Insider);
- There are no concrete plans for the premiere films "You and I" album or the English version [of the album];
- A new video (Snegopady) is likely to have its premiere in late March or early April, will include scenes shot on a clip, as well as those created on the computer screen.

Podczas jednego z czatów na oficjalnym forum, który miał miejsce kilka dni temu, Boris Rensky poinformował o planach wydania rosyjskiej wersji albumu na winylu (dostępny będzie w tatushopie), który miałby zawierać 6 nowych utworów. Manager podał również kilka innych ciekawych informacji:

- angielska wersja 220 nosi tytuł 220 (Sparks are flying in my head);
- już wkrótce powróci blog Insider'a;
- nie ma żadnych konkretnych planów odnośnie premiery filmy "You and I" oraz anglojęzycznej wersji albumu;
- nowy teledysk (Snegopady) najprawdopodobniej będzie miał swoją premierę pod koniec marca lub na początku kwietnia; zawierać będzie sceny nakręcone na planie klipu, a także te, stworzone na ekranie komputera.

Vinyl?! That's very retro, does anybody here still play vinyl records? Is it still the norm in Russia, I don't know?! But 6 NEW songs, that's a scoop worth getting excited over.
PostSun Mar 08, 2009 2:53 pm
AshIdiot

Some news! Thank god!
6 songs, eh? Can't waaaaait Grin
PostMon Mar 09, 2009 7:30 pm
Dj-Volky

thats odd vinyl,those kinda of players are dead now if your a dj they provide little use ^_^ one prob i still need some turn tables to hear the 6 new songs
21:13] CM: yay I can go in the shower now lol
[21:13] CM: why do i have a feeling u will post that
[21:15] DJ: ~WHEN YOUR NAKED IN THE SHOWER~
смертельное примечание
http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20716

thanks jojotatu for the awesome banner
PostMon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
haimish321

Sigh...
I really want it, cause of the new songs!!!
BUt my parents, being crazy, wont leeme get it...
SIgh

PS any word WHEN itll come out?

I thing the english versions of:
Vremya Luni
Snegopady
Chelovecki
Ne Zhaley
and Running blind(idk on the last one...
PostTue Mar 10, 2009 5:50 pm
Michael666

Tom wrote:
Vinyl?! That's very retro, does anybody here still play vinyl records? Is it still the norm in Russia, I don't know?!

Lot's of bands still release their records on vinyl. If you go to Hot Topic, they usually have a section for vinyl records. Nine Inch Nails, for example, always release their new stuff on vinyl. Some people just really prefer the sound of old records.
PostTue Mar 10, 2009 6:12 pm
Tom

haimish321 wrote:
I thing the english versions of:
Vremya Luni
Snegopady
Chelovecki
Ne Zhaley
and Running blind(idk on the last one...

Running Blind is an English song! If by new they don't actually mean "BRAND-NEW-NEVER-BEFORE-HEARD" then it's likely to be the English language translations of...

Beliy Plaschik (White Robe, which was already released on the HP)
Snegopady (which was included in the trailer for You and I)
Vremya Luny (Time of The Moon, which was included in the trailer for You and I)
Chelovechki (Little People, which was performed live during recording of the film You and I)
220 (Sparks)
Ne Zhaley (Don't Regret)

But then again they may actually mean "BRAND-NEW-NEVER-BEFORE-HEARD" songs - for instance, I find it hard to believe they only recorded one of the songs Sergio Galoyan wrote for them (and a mid-tempo song at that).

Or it could be the sneaky translation and it's actually just 6 new remixes!
PostTue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 pm
AshIdiot

Tom wrote:

Or it could be the sneaky translation and it's actually just 6 new remixes!

I would go on the frocking warpath if that were true. Bash
PostTue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 pm
Dj-Volky

bwhahahaha i just got an email from tatu.ru that my order has been shipped im so happy i just hope two weeks will pass by quickly so i can have the album in my hands Grin
смертельное примечание

PostWed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BooBear

If there's an actual English recorded version of Ne Zhaley, I'd love to hear it.

But I doubt there's a good quality version of Sparks (aka English version of 220) because they were scheduled to record a few days ago but it was canceled.

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<
PostWed Apr 15, 2009 12:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Dj-Volky

omg my album should be here some time this week or next time is going sooooooo slow.
смертельное примечание

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 8:45 pm
Starrgurl

Didn't the last blog say Yulia was recording vocals for Sparks?

PostWed Apr 22, 2009 9:16 pm
Dj-Volky

omg it's gonna be here soon the suspense is killing me -sits at front door-
смертельное примечание

PostWed Apr 22, 2009 10:31 pm
Dj-Volky

WOOH I GOT IT I FINALLY GOT IT TAKE A LOOK EVERYONE

смертельное примечание

PostThu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 am
Nick0123

Nick0123 wrote:
I remember reading how back in 2003-04 that everyone, even their parents thought t.A.T.u. was over and they would do solo careers, blinded sided them didn't they lol. I couldn't imagine them breaking apart they complete each other! Hope the new album comes out soon in America!

Yes I'm qouteing myself because I made this comment maybe a few days before the announcement of them breaking up, blind sided me huh? It still kinda sucks to think about.

Anyways I finally heard all of HS and I have to say it's better than I thought it would have been, I spent a bit of time on the forum kinda bashing it because how dark it was, and to some point I still stand by it, I think in some songs their singing lacks feeling. BUT I think it is an interesting new sound that is over all really neat. I think what really hurt tatu is that it takes so long for them to put out an album, 4 and 3 years is an eternity for pop artists. But never the less I enjoyed the new album fairly well ^^

Finished Fics
All Their Love - http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20832
Fire and Lightning - http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=656636#656636
Nothing Can Stop Us - http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20876
PostThu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 am
Tom

You can listen to the entire album legally online at http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/4a37fac83c457251?p=4a5b49c36bfb128c&flv=widget_id%3d209

It's a widget the band posted on their MySpace page.
PostTue Jul 14, 2009 8:51 pm
Starrgurl

Have you guys heard that Waste Management will be released in South America in November under Coqueiro Verde Records?

Source:
http://twitter.com/coqueiroverde

An email from Coqueiro Verde Records Digital Marketing to tatu.ru said:
Quote:
Hi Nathália!
Thank you for the informations!
Firstly we got the rights of the album HAPPY SMILES, english version.
Talking about the DVD [ the girl asked abouth the DVD "The Thruth"] I will try to find out more with Boris, their manager - we have made our contrat directly with him.
Talking about the videos, I will let you know when everything is ready, for you to help us!
I have been watching your comunity and I saw a lot of people don't believe, but it's true, we're gonna to release it.
We haven`t put anything in the site yet because we are waiting for the final art, then we'll upload it.
Gustavo.

A later email from the record company:
Quote:
So Ivan,
I can say we agree with you in many aspects, so I'll say something to you about the details of the releasing:

The order of singles will be:
White Robe
Sparks
Snowfalls

Name of the album:
For your happyness it will be called WASTE MANAGEMENT

COVER:
It'll be the cover you showed us ( not autorized at RUSSIA )

I the next post I`ll post the tracklist and the 3 remixes. The remixes will be in Russian

Follow us on Twitter!

And recently this pending tracklisting was posted:
Quote:
1.intro (instrumental) - Maybe
2.white robe
interlude
3.you and I
interlude
4.sparks
interlude
5.snowfalls
interlude
6.martian eyes (Russian version)
interlude
7.little people
interlude
8.waste management (instrumental)
interlude
9.running blind
interlude
10.fly on the wall
interlude
11.time of the moon
interlude
12.don't regret

Bonus Tracks (Russian version)
13. don't regret remix
14. white robe remix
15. running blind remix ???

Source: Coqueiro verde //Brazilian Comunity Orkut

So, just in case any of you didn't hear about that. I read somewhere that Boris Renskiy confirmed this but idk.

PostSun Sep 27, 2009 9:53 pm
AshIdiot

AHHHH! So excited. So much musicalness is going on lately from a lot of my bands Grin
PostMon Sep 28, 2009 11:09 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: