:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Izvestia.ru: New Interview with Lena + Yulia [Aug 24, 2007]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Izvestia.ru: New Interview with Lena + Yulia [Aug 24, 2007] Reply with quote
Russian newspaper Izvestia.ru posted a new interview with Lena and Yulia, about the upcoming movie "Finding t.A.T.u." and more:

Group t.A.T.u.: "They fell in love with us and did something stupid"
http://www.izvestia.ru/weekend/article3107605/

Thank you to Tatu.ru for the translation! Thumb

Quote:
"They fell in love with us and did something stupid"

Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova played in a movie about craziness of their fans.

In Moscow shooting of Finding t.A.T.u. finished – a movie about two girls - an American (Mischa Barton) and a girl from Yaroslavl (Shantel Van Santen) - who dream about becoming like their idols t.A.T.u. Will their dreams about fame come true? Even film’s creators haven’t decided yet, but the heroines’ attempt to get acquainted with Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova will be successful.

t.A.T.u. girls play themselves in the film and, of course, are going to record soundtrack for it. Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova (who is five month pregnant now) talked about their experience of getting close to their fans to the columnist of “Nedelya” Anna Fedina.

"The story in the movie is truthful"

What are your impressions from the shooting?

Lena: Excellent. We liked it a lot. This is our first experience in a serious movie, but honestly the difference between an actress and a singer is not big because when you play a concert or shoot a video, you do the same thing: try to do it so that people believe you.

Yulia: In a movie everything is a bit more realistic than in videos. Especially in this movie –I mean, it's about us. Just like the book, on which the film is based. Lesha Mitrofanov wrote it; we often party together. Maybe because of this it turned out so close-to-life.

Is it difficult to play yourself?

Y: Well no! What could be difficult? We are the same in life, on stage and in movies.

L: On the contrary, it's even easier. We have nothing to make up. The script writer came to us, asked questions; we answered and he wrote the scenes accordingly.

What news about your life will fans find out from the movie?

L: Some will find everything new, but others will decide that they already know it all about us. Difficult to predict.

Y: No, there will be new things anyway. Fans will learn something not simply about us, but about what's going on around us. How does it go in the film? We live our usual life: We have rehearsals, play concerts, sometime we visit sites of our fans and at one of them we find this song, which two of our fans wrote for us. We like the song, we want to meet these girls – and this is where their story starts. They got acquainted through the internet, came to Moscow, fell in love with us and – for us - did something stupid. You have to admit, something like this happens not often. Usually our fans come, get autographs - and "Good bye". But here people came from devil-knows-where to live in Moscow and to see us often. People will realize that such, let’s say, crazy fans do exist.

L: By the way, on the new album there will be a song which lyrics have IN FACT been taken from one of our fans. We accidentally ran into her internet blog – and now we have the song. So, the movie’s story is truthful.

"Are you real?" - "No, out of play dough"

Were there any special fans in your lives?

Y: We meet many of them so often that they have become our friends. Of course, we don't visit each other, but we hang out somewhere outside.

L: There are fans who call us on the cell phone to find out when we are in Moscow – and then come to meet us.

Y: Autographs aren't even important to them, we are just friends. But those, who arrive from far, would like to take a picture with us, get autographs or give us something as a present.

And what are the gifts?

Y: Anything - from toys to jewelry. They often write poems. They would bring huge scrap-books with love messages to us.

L: They also often draw us.

Are foreign fans like that too?

Y: It’s different. In Japan there were times we could not even go outside - at once a crowd gathered around us…

L: They take their cell-phones and start taking pictures of us....

Y: It’s not even a hundred people. They would fill up a whole street, and you have to call the police just so that you could get out of the crowd. Once in the centre of Tokyo they had to put cordons of busses around the square so we could go to our car.

Is it possible to meet you on the street in Moscow?

L: Of course. We move around without bodyguards. Our city got used to celebrities, public people walking freely. In America this may look wild if some celebrity decides to go shopping or have a snack at a cafe and doesn't take bodyguards along, but in Moscow this is absolutely normal.

Y: I, for example, like to move around alone. I absolutely don't need a bodyguard or a driver. I drive myself and I don't care how late I return home - I’m not afraid of anything. You have to live your life and have fun, and if anybody wants to protect us, they may do it on stage. When you go to good places with adequate people, who will bother you there? Who needs you? And if there are young people in some cafe, they may give you a twitch at sleeve, but it's not because they are crazy, but because people for some reason want to touch you.

L: "Are you real?" - "No, out of play dough".

Y: Out of porcelain.

Do they often touch you like this?

Y: We try to keep the distance. Star sickness has nothing to do with it. Would you like it when strangers poke you in the side, pull at the hair - is it a wig? - or check whether you’re wearing earrings or clips?

"You have to guide your children - but they should decide themselves"

Do fans wait for you at the entrance of the house?

Y: Of course. If some girls come for two days from St. Petersburg or Tallinn, where should they go? They sit and wait until we show up. If we don't appear they spend a night near the entrance. And those, who live in Moscow, call our cell-phone, "Are you at home today? We'll stop by."

L: Sometimes, though, they want to surprise you and come without telling and we are about to leave for a tour or other place. It’s ok, our fans always understand.

Y: Why should they get offended? We are not rude to them, not rough.

L: Yes, we just say, "Come tomorrow at this time. We will come out and chat."

What would you say to fans who may come to you saying, "We want to be like you"?

Y: If it's your wish, why not? It's always nice when somebody takes you as an example, considers you an ideal and tries to look like you.

L: You always need to stay the way you are, I think. Otherwise your personality simply gets lost. You may love , respect, listen to the music, be carried away by the songs of somebody, but to copy somebody is silly. For me it's wild. You will never be another person anyway.

Y: Well, I think there's nothing wrong in it. A person copies only your appearance, but inside he or she remains the same no matter what. There never be second “you”, but if fans want to look like you - I'm for it.

L: I'm for individuality.

And would you advise your fans to get into show business?

Y: They should decide for themselves. I feel great in show business. I can't imagine the situation when I wake up in the morning - and we don't shoot the next video, don't do interviews, don’t have photo shoots, don't fly to some show.

I’m so used to it, there was not a day when I just sat at home. Even if there is nothing special going on, I try to go out to meet people anyway. Parties, presentations, hanging with fans - it would be difficult for me to live without it.

Yulia, you’re now expecting your second child. Would you like to see your children in show business?

Y: I won't push them. I can only help, let them try sports, music, drawing. Then they should decide themselves, and I will support their any choice. When I wanted study music, my mother enrolled me into music school, let me sing at "Neposedy" studio. She didn't say, "It's not for you". How would she know? I am an artist now. Who would imagine that things will go like this?

Anna Fedina
Izvestiya, August 24, 2007
http://www.izvestia.ru/weekend/article3107605/

Translation: http://www.tatu.ru/en/feedback.html?id=569&page=0

:wave:

Last edited by xena225 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
PostSat Aug 25, 2007 3:50 am
Dreams

Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting interview…… I like it!
PostSat Aug 25, 2007 8:52 am
Like You

Quote:

Q: What would you have said to fans who came to you with the words: "We want to be like you"?

Y: If it's the desire, why not? It's all nice, if somebody takes you as an example, considers you as an ideal and imitates you in outward appearance.

L: But always you need to stay like you are in reality. Otherwise your personality will simply get lost. It's possible to love , to respect, to listen to the music, to be carried away by the music, but to imitate somebody is silly. For me it's mad. Never you will become another person anyway.

Y: For me there's nothing bad in it. A person imitates you outwardly, inwardly he remains himself anyway. A second 'You' will not be in any case, but if a fan wants to be similar to you, - I'm just "pro".

L: I'm for individuality.

Sounds like they are arguing Grin

I agree with Lena though on that, you should be yourself.

Nice interview, it got me excited for the movie! I can't wait to see it!!!! Thanks

-LikeYou

Lena Katina... Beauty.Perfection.Talent.

RIP Chelsea you were the best dog ever!!
PostSat Aug 25, 2007 12:55 pm
RowerB

Thanks for posting, xena225.
Quote:
Y: For me there's nothing bad in it. A person imitates you outwardly, inwardly he remains himself anyway. A second 'You' will not be in any case, but if a fan wants to be similar to you, - I'm just "pro".

I like Yulia’s attitude to this.
PostSat Aug 25, 2007 2:43 pm
IvyRevolution

Grin Those girls are just so...different...from how I would expect international stars to be! I love this interview.
PostSat Aug 25, 2007 4:28 pm
volkova_89

Really interesting interview.
They express themselves like in a different way, not like other interviews I've read from other artists.
Thanks for posting Thumb
PostSat Aug 25, 2007 7:52 pm
hey romantica

I respect them so much. I think it's great how they want to interact with their fans and are just themselves. They're so different than usual celebs. They're more real to me and overall good people. Smile
PostTue Aug 28, 2007 4:39 pm
missionman8

Which song on the new album was written by a fan? Anybody know? Was it mine? Smile
PostTue Aug 28, 2007 9:52 pm
RowerB

missionman8 wrote:
Which song on the new album was written by a fan?

From Insider’s blog, 10/07/07:
Quote:
About White Robe lyrics: No sense to fog it. Yes, the lyrics were compiled from several poems written by talanted eza. The piece that you heard is the first verse.
http://blog.tatu.ru/Insider/2007/07/10.html

PostWed Aug 29, 2007 12:12 am
Robot

The interview is cool. They sound really down to earth. I'm surprised fans can just call them up and tell them "Hey I'm coming over"... Sounds kinda different from what most celebrities would say.

Thumb These girls are awesome! Looking forward to seeing the movie.

I <3 Lindsay Lohan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qz8zsQSDxg
PostThu Aug 30, 2007 8:18 am
IvyRevolution

missionman8 wrote:
Which song on the new album was written by a fan? Anybody know? Was it mine? Smile

Rofl
PostThu Aug 30, 2007 9:45 pm
Madam Tampini

Hehe that interview sure put a smile on my face Grin Very cute ^.^ Thanks for sharing Thumb
PostSat Sep 01, 2007 2:00 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: