:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. in OK! Magazine (Russia) [November 2007]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: t.A.T.u. in OK! Magazine (Russia) [November 2007] Reply with quote
New photo! From OK!-Russia Magazine.

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=587&page=0

:cool:

Last edited by xena225 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 am
iLuvjulia84

Post subject: Reply with quote
^Thats a great picture! : D i'm loving Julia's stripped leggings ^_^

M Y S P A C E / C A L I F O R N I A L U V 8 4
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 9:54 am
yuna86

I like Julia's hair like that Smile
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 am
xena225

Here are the scans from OK magazine! Thank you so much to Yulia_Volkova181 (Tatu.ru) and to Karrek!! Thumb :)

Click to enlarge!

Yulia_Volkova181 wrote:

Thanks to Karrek! Grin

:drool:

Last edited by xena225 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 10:32 am
iLuvjulia84

That first one is GORGEOUS! and the one with Julia's belly showing is so cute! ^_^

PostThu Nov 01, 2007 10:35 am
yuna86

As I already said... I love Julia's hair! Thanks for the scans, the photos look georgeous Smile
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 10:44 am
Michael666

xena225 wrote:

Wow. Love this one. Thanks for posting these!
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 pm
Sakuya

MOST IMPORTANT NEWS according this.
tatu new album going to be released in Russia December 25!!!!

t.A.T.u BLOG:
http://blog.tatu.ru/Sakuya
Last FM:
http://www.last.fm/user/sakuya-san
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 1:21 pm
Ruivelle

xena225 wrote:

Sorry but I have an sudden urge to comment on these two pictures

Lena: "Let's see who got the bigger size, my upper part section ... Or your middle part section" -smirk-
Yulia: "Bring it on!!!"

:lol: :lol:

And woahhh, did I read it right ... the magazine say the third album gonna be released right on Christmas?!! Surprised/Shocked

YIPI DIPETEE YAYYY!!! LaLa LaLa
PostThu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iLuvjulia84

I think i just found my Christmas present Wink Thumb

PostThu Nov 01, 2007 1:28 pm
volkova_89

OMG this is my new favorite photoshoot!! Surprised/Shocked
The way Lena looks at Yulia's belly LOL she's like ..baby? where did that come from? o_O
Rofl
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 am
Volkster

Excellent pictures!!! I'd love to read this interview in English!! But 25 December *youhoo*!!! That's great news!!!

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 1:39 am
xena225

Fanta (Tatu.ru) made scans as well. Including the cover! Thank you to Fanta! Thumb

Click to enlarge

Fanta wrote:
my scans =)

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364712#364712

The cover's simply beautiful.
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 1:55 am
Ruivelle

OMG, Yuliaaaa .... Drool Drool :lovely:

Thankies for the picture, xena225 and Fanta
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 12:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
imskye

Hopefully their album could release on time Smile
Haven't been here for really a long time, I thought my account is deleted but it still exists and usable.
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 2:43 pm
tuvey

Ruivelle wrote:
OMG, Yuliaaaa .... Drool Drool Lovely

Yeah That

DeviantART
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 4:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FloppyChicken

Awhhhhhh!!

They look so sweet on the front coverrr!!!!!!!

thanks Smile
PostFri Nov 02, 2007 4:27 pm
Haley

The complete OK!-Journal Interview:
Quote wrote:
Real Love

We met in a chinese restaurant at the Kutusovskij prospekt. Yulya and Lena came by after an exhausting photosession and ordered chicken with cashews. Together with Yulya her lover Parviz. In two months they will have a child, and approximately at the end of December t.A.T.u. plan to release their third album "Upravlenie otbrosami". Besides this OK! talked with the girls about much more.

Q: Not long ago I saw there Valerij Polienko, author of the hits "Ya soshla s uma" and "Nas ne dogonyat", and all the company, with whom you began. the conclusion that you were surrounded by not quite healthy people...

Y: Well, artistical people usually aren't healthy.

Q: And how did you survive? At least you got not hooked on narcotics...

L: Oh, for me drugs were always a severe taboo. How often people told me: It's all the same, sometime you will try - I was never going to do it.

Y: We just bumped (chuckles). Show-business generally is an unhealthy matter. Who sniffs, breaks, hangs himself, jumps out the window. Because of one thing. But we only appear such weak girls who can easily be guided. We can, if anything, tell them to piss off.

Q: But you never were frightened? I remember at "POdnebesnaya" even some bandits appeared, there was almost a shooting.

Y: The bandits didn't come to us but to Vanya (Ivan Shapovalov, first producer - remark OK!) What's to do with us? We just sang, We came across noone. Though, as a whole, what has been created at "Podnebesnaya", that's complete scrap. In fact this was one of the reasons why we left Vanya.

Q: And where is he now?

L: Practically unknown. We didn't communicate with him for a long time.

Q: But he's still alive?

L: Indeed.

Q: Your image the last years was less scandalous, but at the same time your popularity went down. Do you agree?

Y: I wouldn't say so. People didn't hear less about us, we just consider us to be more calm, without noise and screams. At the beginning you throw yourself upon some artist, but then, when you got accustomed, the hystery leaves. That's all. Though we ourselves became different too. Primarily many things about us were built on a scandalous image, but now we don't want to make up something, we want just sing and record songs. Then we were schoolgirls, but now we are 22-23 years and I'm expecting my second child. We think we are more serious with everything.

Q: Products rose almost to double prices in a month, do you know?

L: Yes. My mom told me (laughes).

Q: You don't go to the shop yourself?

L: I do, but I never look on the prices. My mom asks to buy something and I buy it. The shop-assistent says, how much it costs and I pay. Probably it's unusual.

Y: You are too choosy, Lenok. (chuckles)

Q: Well, if in the pocket are 1000 dollars, what's the difference if the milk cost 20 or 40 rubles?

Y: A big one. The milk is worth 20, and at the cash desk they pull out of you 40 - you'll be a fool with your 1000 dollars. (laughs). In reality the most important thing, that you are near to your close and loved people. Everything else is not so important.

Q: Take away the fame, the money - it seems to me, you will begin to talk differently.

Y: Listen, I swear you, I don't fear this! I'm prepared to give birth and and bring it up together with a loved person at his home. And I will feel excellently. Another thing what I like now, I'm singing. But when it stops to please me, I'll go away and nothing terrible will happen to me.

Q: By the way, you are one of the few Russian pop-stars, who are not afraid to give birth frequently.

Y: And what is it, that the others fear? It's for nothing! Very pleasant sensation.

Q: Really?

Y: Well, at least pleasant during the time when you are pregnant (everybody laughs). You almost long for it.

Q: I'm interested. I never could feel it myself.

P: I'll show you (everybody laughs)

Y: I don't understand what I should fear?

Q: Well, you know, the rules of the show- business...many even put down the wedding ring on stage to preserve the aureole of independence.

Y: When I marry Parviz I won't put down the ring! I am absolutely not ashamed of my love. Look, for the first time I walk so free with my beloved person, but not because I had different principles until then. Before I didn't even want to be photographed with someone. Now it's as if I had no past.

Q: How's that?

Y: Yes, I'm simply really in love for the first time! Of course, with all of the past there was some relationship, but for me it's that serious the first time. I want to create a family. A real one.

Q: Frankly speaking, I always thought that ...

Y: (interrupts) That I'm stupid, yes? (everybody laughs). Many people think so.

Q: No, that Lena will be first to create a family. She always looked more home-loving to me.

L: Well, with my previous guy I were together for two years. We lived together, without parents and were almost a family. But not long ago we parted company.

Y: Thank God!

L: Volkova, I'm with you...

Y: No, I don't want to say anything - he's a nice boy, kind, but he's simply not for you.

Q: How's that?

L: We had different world-view. I didn't quite welcome his view of life, he didn't understand me much. Especially now that I'm with another guy, who's really close to my soul. I caught myself with the thought that the first time I didn't want to change something of my partner. Up to this time I always wanted to educate, read lectures...I was more a mom. Now there is nothing like that.

Q: And where do you usually get acquainted?

Y: We don't remember such things. Why?

L: I know my current lover for eight years.

Q: I say to that, you go only to a selected place. We sit in a restaurant, where there is no pleasant folks, in my view. The idiots at the adjacent table already point with the finger on you.

Y: Well, if they approach, they are told to piss off at once. Here's no difference, where we go. Everywhere enough idiots.

Q: How did you become acquainted with Parviz?

Y: By our mutual friend. He told me all the time that he has a fiend since childhood whom he madly loves, for him he'll tear off the head. He talked and talked and one day I couldn't stand it anymore: "Listen, how much is possible? Come on, bring your friend!" He brought him. So in fact, I got acquainted.

Q: And you immediately fell in love?

Y: Yes. Even that he had such a past...Understandable that all women love him. But what to do now? He had a girl, I had a man...Above all, now we are together

Q: Just you have children...

P: Well and what? They live with us, we love them.

Y: I never left my first child. Yes I accidentally got pregnant and what now? It's life. But I gathered experience, mind, went through fire and water. Maybe without this experience I wouldn't be what I am. I see for example that there are other qualities in men which I didn't recognize earlier. The word "responsibility" is now not an empty sound.

Q: But the Yellow Press writes about you any filth until now.

Y: Writes total rubbish! But people believe it...Yes, with whom I was a bit together, slept and so on? Who is a saint, show me! I even argue that this will not be.

Q: Let's talk about your creative work. In summer you recorded in America the third album. You, Yulya, were already in that moment pregnant. Interesting, does pregnancy seriously influence the voice?

Y: Of course. The voice gets more sympathical. Additionally, when within you lives a person, you cannot scream with full power, yell like a lunatic. You have to restrain yourself.

Q: That is - your famous high-frequency yells won't be on the album?

Y: They will. Just this will be less yelling than wheezing. (chuckles)

L: We joke already that we almost seize the guitars and start performing ballads.

Q: By the way, I saw one of your live performances. The sound was more powerful, the guitars harder, but you were like all the same little girls.

Y: So is the special thing in this, isn't it?

Q: Well, you move somehow not enough for this music. Held down, or something...

Y: Well, I don't know. Personally I don't have such fear. But how should we move? Clap the hands and lift the leg? That all was already in the past, it's not interesting for us. I behave on stage as it pushes me, and the rest, I don't care. I don't even care how much people are in the audience. If it happens that 50 people come, I perfectly well sing with pleasure all the same. I'm in excitement, you understand? I give such concerts in karaoke-clubs - just for my company. I climb on the table and sing four hours without a break.

Q: And what do you sing?

Y: Everything, what our Russian stars howl. Some "Love like in a dream" (laughs). And it's unimportant who is beside me and what they think about me.

Q: Len, you have such relation to singing?

L: Honestly I am nervous until now before walking on stage. I don't know why. Yulya always talks to me: "I'm with you, calm down, everything is normal!" But I can't. Of course I'm not so nervous as before the first concert when I couldn't hold a glass of water, it was shaking in my hands. Now it's not like this.But I suffer nevertheless. Generally I am a terribly self-critical person nagging myself permanently.

Y: This is the most frightening quality of Lenka! Even if everything goes well with her, she will say that it's not so completely. She travelled around the whole world with 23 years - no, nevertheless everything's bad! (laughs)

Q: By the way, I never was beyond the borders, can you imagine?

P: I'll take you with me (everybody laughs)

Y: Holy Christmas, I lose a husband!

Q: You travel through the world, live in Los Angeles for months, but later you return to Russia, where many things, in principle have to bring you to horror. How's your return?

L: You know, in comparison to Europe you don't feel so much difference. But America and especially Japan - that's of course another world in comparison with us.

Y: The whole disrespect of the people to each other - that's the first you notice here after America. They push you, you yourself apologize and nevertheless you will be coated with foul language from head to toe. At first you are indignant, but then you get accustomed and become the same. But what other choice you have?

L: Completely uncomprehensible, from where such cruelty in people.

Y: Let's take such an example. Lena and I came to this Gay-parade. Lord, what a difference how your orientation is. What's their business? There come in crowds such boxers, skinheads, bark at these guys, hit their heads, though these are all Russians! The own people kill each other! In the west it's impossible that such things occur.There, if you don't interfere with somebody, you can be who you want and go where you want. You go to a club to relax, and nobody cares how you are dressed. But here, if you are not "en vogue" then you are a fool and can go home to dance.

Q: Where is it this severe?

Y: It begins with "Dyagilev" and ends... Oh, everwhere!

Q: I never was in "Dyagilev".

P: I'll take you with me. (everybody laughs).

L: Not long ago I had an amusing incident. I came to some clothes shop and looked at a dress. But I was dressed rather modestly - jeans and sweater and I had no make-up, overall a common person...

Y: Like a tramp.(chuckles)

L: The consultant comes to me and asks: "Girl, did you see the price?" Well, how is that possible?! In Los Angeles you can go in a boutique in your sweat suit and everybody will greet you and begin to ask what they can do for you and the like. There people can even go to the restaurant with jersey and jogging shoes and can feel comfortable! Here they usually don't let you in.

Q: It seems that in the west you are more respected than here.

L: This is really like this and it's very offensive. Here hardly somebody says: " Such young girls - they have made their way in the west and opened everybody the road!" Here they will only envy you and get mad.

Y: Lesha Mitrofanov wanted us to get the Order Of Friendship. The whole council gathered for this occasion, And Kobzon said: "I think that the girls are unworthy for this, who are they?" And I sit there and think: "Do they even know a single song of yours beyond the countries borders? And do you know, how much work it costs to be recognized in the west?" Unfortunately I hear often: "Now, what did they achieve there? They kissed each other a few times, and that's all!"

P: I think like in 2001, when I was in London, I sat in a very serious company in a restaurant and the girls rotated on MTV almost every hour, at the same time as Mariah Carey - everyday. All the english people said: "Wow, fuck! We thought you have just Matryoshkas with balalaikas, but you are obviously so moving!" In Russia they don't quite appreciate it.

Y: Offensive, of course. Especially as we never asked to spread the red carpet and carry us on their hands. We just want that they respect us.

Q: Interesting, how is your rider?

Y: Hotel, shower and food - personally we don't need more. We have hard demands for equipment, so far as we play live. But so...We have no personal stylist - we do the make-up ourselves before the concert, no costumer - we dress ourselves. Is it important? Wash oneself, eat a bit, sleep a bit after the performance. Everything else, bullshit.

Sergej Anisimov
OK!-Journal
1. November 2007

Thanks to Argos at www.forum.tatysite.net
PostSat Nov 03, 2007 12:36 am
iLuvjulia84

I loved this Grin :lol:

L: Not long ago I had an amusing incident. I came to some clothes shop and looked at a dress. But I was dressed rather modestly - jeans and sweater and I had no make-up, overall a common person...

Y: Like a tramp.(chuckles)

L: The consultant comes to me and asks: "Girl, did you see the price?" Well, how is that possible?! In Los Angeles you can go in a boutique in your sweat suit and everybody will greet you and begin to ask what they can do for you and the like. There people can even go to the restaurant with jersey and jogging shoes and can feel comfortable! Here they usually don't let you in.

U can wear PJ's here to basically anywhere, and ppl wont look twice : D lol Tongue
anyways, i love that they are their own stylists Smile That they use their own clothes and stuff.. thats awesome :thumbsup:

Thanx for posting Haley! Smile

PostSat Nov 03, 2007 11:14 am
volkova_89

Thanks sooo much for the translation!!!
Hey, Parviz is funny. You can't deny that.

And I didn't quite got this part:

Quote:
L: Well, with my previous guy I were together for two years. We lived together, without parents and were almost a family. But not long ago we parted company.

o_O
PostSat Nov 03, 2007 8:39 pm
yuliasXpunk

^

Yeah that caught my eye to..

Maybe she was agreeing with her or

maybe just maybe...o_0

www.myspace.com/gunriotgirl
PostSat Nov 03, 2007 9:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iLuvjulia84

^yea, i think she was agreeing with her Wink

PostSat Nov 03, 2007 9:57 pm
RowerB

Thanks for posting, Haley.

Quote:
I give such concerts in karaoke-clubs - just for my company. I climb on the table and sing four hours without a break.

I’m burning with jealousy of Yulia’s mates now.

Quote:
L: I know my current lover for eight years.

Ev posted this on tatu.ru forum:
Ev wrote:
I think there's some mistakes in the translation, she said she know the guy since she (or them) was 8 years old...

PostSun Nov 04, 2007 12:20 am
return_to_hades

You know reading this I feel that Parviz can have a very straight-face sense of humor. I like that kind of humor. Funny how he flirts with the interviewer. It takes a special kind of man to flirt in front of his girlfriend.

Yulia and Parviz remind me of a WalMart Sale.

Buy one Yulia and get a Parviz absolutely free.

Yulia, Lena and Parviz. I guess it actually takes three to tango after all.

Blog: http://returntohades.blogspot.com/
/
PostSun Nov 04, 2007 1:20 am
emmatatu

return_to_hades wrote:
You know reading this I feel that Parviz can have a very straight-face sense of humor. I like that kind of humor. Funny how he flirts with the interviewer. It takes a special kind of man to flirt in front of his girlfriend.

Yulia and Parviz remind me of a WalMart Sale.

Buy one Yulia and get a Parviz absolutely free.

Yulia, Lena and Parviz. I guess it actually takes three to tango after all.

Rofl LOL LOL LOL

aww man that was good made me laugh like hell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix
PostSun Nov 04, 2007 3:18 am
xena225

return_to_hades wrote:
Funny how he flirts with the interviewer. It takes a special kind of man to flirt in front of his girlfriend.

Especially if you consider that the interviewer is a man.

That was a nice, cheerful interview, it's always great to hear/read their authentic voices, and not some tabloid rubbish, and we did learn a thing or two we didn't know before (not to mention the stunning pics), so thanks to Argos for the translation, and thanks to Haley for posting! Thumb

I do hope "Upravleniye Otbrosami" will be out in December, the official confirmation is still pending, though, so let's hope for the best. I'm really thirsting for new t.A.T.u. songs... Hopefully "Belyi Plashik" will be released soon.
PostSun Nov 04, 2007 4:35 am
Russianmusicandlove

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ALJFL;DSKJF;LSKJFAL;KSJGDL;KMCKDSURL;JEF

*abandons all hope of a taty success after this*
PostSun Nov 04, 2007 10:47 pm
iLuvjulia84

^Why? o.O

PostSun Nov 04, 2007 10:53 pm
JuliaLenaLover

aww.. thanks for translation.. its really great (:

and this flirting thing made me laugh too. lol.. its okey dont worry (:

and hey there too !.. i am the new one here (:..
PostMon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 pm
imskye

volkova_89 wrote:
Thanks sooo much for the translation!!!
Hey, Parviz is funny. You can't deny that.

And I didn't quite got this part:

Quote:

o_O

I believe that they are not gay, but I do wonder about have them EVER been together. Maybe LONG time ago and maybe for only a WHILE, their interviews came with differ answers when it comes to their relationship Half Frown
PostTue Nov 06, 2007 12:17 pm
xena225

JuliaLenaLover, welcome to the forum. :)

I found this beautiful wallpaper on NFNE's Tatu.ru blog! It's stunning! :nod:

Click to enlarge:

Source: http://blog.tatu.ru/nfne/

Thank you to NFNE! Thumb
PostTue Nov 06, 2007 1:10 pm
JuliaLenaLover

yeap, i know what i want for birthday !! Wink
PostWed Nov 07, 2007 11:49 am
iLuvjulia84

I like that wallpaper, thanx xena225! Thumb

PostWed Nov 07, 2007 12:24 pm
belochka07

iLuvjulia84 wrote:
I like that wallpaper, thanx xena225! Thumb

Yeah That New desktop background!
PostWed Nov 07, 2007 2:25 pm
xena225

belochka07 wrote:
Yeah That New desktop background!

Same here. :D

Tatu.ru posed an alternative translation of the article/interview. Here it is:

Quote:
November, 06

t.A.T.u. - Real Love / OK!

t.A.T.u. girls met us again and told us all about the private lives, their fears, American shop assistants and Russian gays...

t.A.T.u. - We’re respected more abroad than in Russia

One year after the interview for the one of the first OK! issues t.A.T.u. girls met us again and told us all about the private lives, their fears, American shop assistants and Russian gays.

We met in a Chinese restaurant at Kutuzovskiy Prospekt. Yulia and Lena arrived after an exhausting photo shoot and immediately ordered chicken with cashew. Together with Volkova – her loved one, Parvis. In two months they will have a baby and approximately at the end of December t.A.T.u. plan to release their third studio album – ”Upravleniye Otbrosami” / “Waste Management”. Besides that OK! discussed many other things with the girls…

I’ve recently met Valery Polienko, the author of your smash hits “Ya Soshla S Uma” and “Nas Ne Dogonyat”, and the whole company of people you started with. I came to a conclusion that you were surrounded by not really healthy people…

Yulia Volkova: Well, creative people are usually unhealthy.

And how did you survive? At least you didn’t go drugs…

Lena Katina: Actually for me drugs have always been the strongest taboo. So many people told me - one day you’ll try it anyway, but so far I didn’t and not going to.

Y.V.: We prefer to drink. (Laughs). Show-business is generally an unhealthy thing. Some people sniff, some use the needle, some hang themselves, some jump out of the window. Every other person. But we only seem to be such little girls, easy to rule…If we need to, we’ll say “f*ck off”.

Were you ever afraid? I remember some criminals who came to “Podnebesnaya” and almost started shooting.

Y.V.: These criminals didn’t come to us, they came to Ivan. (Ivan Shapovalov – t.A.T.u.’s first producer –OK! note) What does it have to do with us? Though actually things that happened at “Podnebesnaya” back then – they was just too damn tough. Actually, it was one of the reasons why we parted with Ivan.

And where is he now?

L.K.: We’ve no idea. Didn’t get in touch with him for a long time.

He’s alive at least?

L.K.: I think so.

Your image became less scandalous lately, and looks like the popularity also went down. Would you agree?

Y.V.: I wouldn’t say so. It’s not that now people listen to us less. It’s just now people calmed down a little, no screaming and shouting. At first every artist provokes excitement, and then when people get used to seeing the artist, this hysteria goes away. That’s it. Although we’ve also changed. When we started, many things were really based on the scandalous image. But now we don’t want to make up something, we just want to sing and to create songs. We were schoolgirls back then, and now we’re 22-23, my second baby is on the way. We see things more seriously now.

Grocery prices went up almost twice in a month, did you notice?

L.K.: Yeah, my mom told me (Laughs).

You don’t go shopping yourself?

L.K.: I do, but I just never pay attention on prices. My mom asks me to buy something and I just buy. They tell me how much is to pay and I pay. It’s probably wrong.

Y.V.: Lenok, you sound like you have it all (Laughs).

Well, if you have 1000 dollars in your pocket, does it make any difference if you pay 20 or 40 rubles for milk?

Y.V.: Yes, it does, a big difference. Milk costs 20 rubles and they make you pay 40 - and you’ll be screwed with your one thousand dollars (Laughs). Actually the main thing is that our family and dear people are with us. The rest is not so important.

You would say different things without your fame and money, I think…

Y.V.: Listen, I swear - I’m not afraid of it! I’m ready to have a baby and to bring him up at home with the person I love. And I’ll feel great. But I plan to sing as long as I like it. When I get enough of it, I’ll leave and nothing terrible will happen to me.

By the way, you’re one of not so many Russian pop stars, who’s not afraid to have babies so often.

Y.V.: Are you saying that others are afraid? Well, they’ll regret it. It’s a great feeling.

Really?!

Y.V.: To say the least, it’s a nice time during the process of getting pregnant (Everybody laughs). And why are you asking?

I’m just curious. I’ll never be able to feel it.
Parvis: I’ll show you (Laughter).

Y.V.: I don’t get it - what should I be afraid?

Well, you know, the rules of show-business… Many artists even take off their wedding rings on stage to save their aureole of independence.

Y.V.: When we get married with Parvis I won’t take off the ring! I’m absolutely not ashamed of my love. It’s the first time I walk so openly with my boyfriend everywhere – did you notice? But it’s not because I had different principles before. I just didn’t even want to get photographed with my exes. I feel like I have no past.

What do you mean?

Y.V.: I’ve just really fallen in love for the first time! It’s understandable that everybody had some love stories, romances before, but it’s the first time it’s so serious. I wanted not just to go out and get pregnant, as it happens to many so often. I wanted to make a family, a real one.

To be honest, I’ve always thought that…

Y.V.: (Interrupts) That I’m dumb, yeah?! (Everybody laughs) Many people think so.

No, I thought that Lena will be the first to make a family, she always looked more “home-oriented” to me.

L.K.: Well, I’ve lived for two years with my ex boyfriend. We lived on our own, with no parents and were almost a family. But recently we’ve separated.
Y.V.: And thanks god!
L.K.: Volkova, leave it…
Y.V.: No, I’m not saying anything - he’s a nice, kind guy. But he’s just not for you.

How come?

L.K.: We just had different views of life. I didn’t really like his, he didn’t really accept mine. But no regrets. And I’m with another person now, really close one spiritually. I realize it’s the first time I don’t want to change anything in a guy. Before I’ve always wanted to teach, to give a lecture… I was more like a mom. It’s different now.

Where do you meet people usually?

Y.V.: We don’t remember such things. What for?
L.K.: I know my boyfriend since being eight years old, I think.

I mean you visit only certain places. For example, we are now sitting in a restaurant and people are not very pleasant here, in my opinion. Big ugly bruts next table just pointed at you.

Y.V.: Well, if they approach, they’ll have to f*ck off. It doesn’t matter where we walk. There’re enough idiots everywhere…

How did you meet Parvis?

Y.V.: Through our mutual friend. He kept telling me about his childhood friend that he adores and can fight anybody for him.

He kept telling it many times and finally I was fed up with promises and was like, “Listen, come on! Just get your friend here!” And he did. That’s how we actually met.

And you fell in love right away?

Y.V.: Yes. Even thought Parvis’s past is quite “rich”. Well, it’s clear all women have a crush on him. But what shall we do? He had girls, I had guys… The main thing is that now we’re together.

Yeah, but you both have kids…

P.: So what? They live with us, we love them.
Y.V.: I never denied my first baby. Yeah, I didn’t plan my pregnancy – so what? It is life. But I got experience, understood things, I’ve gone through fire and water. Maybe I would be different now without that experience. For example I noticed that I began to appreciate qualities in a man, that I never thought about before. The word “responsibility” is not just a word for me anymore.

But tabloids still write nasty things about you.

Y.V.: They run total bulshit! And people believe… Who cares about my private life, my boyfriends and so on? Who’s saint, show me? I won’t even discuss it.

Let’s talk about your work. This summer you’ve recorded your third album in the US. You, Yulia, were already pregnant at that time. I wonder if the pregnancy affects the voice?

Y.V.: Sure. The voice becomes husky. Also when you have a baby inside, you can’t go on screaming and yelling like crazy. You have to control it.

So there won’t be your famous high-pitched yell on this album?

Y.V.: There will be. But it’s more groan than yell (Laughs). L.K.: We joke that we can take guitars soon and start singing bard songs.

By the way I heard you performing live. The sound is more powerful, guitars are harder, and you still look like two little girls we knew before.

Y.V.: But this is the point! Don’t you agree?

Well, and also your stage movements do not go with such music. You seem a little tense…

Y.V.: Well, I don’t know. I personally don’t have any fear… And how should we move? Clap our hands and do the silly dancing? It’s all in the past, not interesting for us anymore. I behave as I feel and I don’t give a damn about the rest. I don’t even care how big is the audience. If fifty people come, I’ll sing great anyway and enjoy it. I enjoy it, understand? I sing in karaoke clubs for my friends! I climb on the table and can sing for four hours straight.

And what do you sing?

Y.V.: Just everything our stars “wail”. Some song like “Love like dream…” (famous romantic hit by Alla Pugacheva – tatu.ru)(Laughs) And I don’t care who’s nearby and what people will think of me.

Lena, and what about your “singing practice”?

L.K.: To be honest I still fell nervous before gigs. I don’t know why. Julia always tells me, “Come on, calm down, it’s ok!” But I can’t. Of course I’m less nervous than at the very first show – back then I couldn’t hold a glass of water, it trembled in my hands. It’s not like this now. But I feel nervous anyway. I’m very self-concerned in general, I always criticize myself.

Y.V.: It’s the most terrible Lenka’s quality! Even if everything is ok, she’ll think it’s not. She’s travelled the whole world in her 23 – but no, all is bad!

I’ve never been abroad by the way, can you imagine? P.: I’ll take you (Everybody laughs).
Y.V.: Man, I’m loosing my husband!

You travel the world, live in Los Angeles for months and then you come back to Russia, where many things should obviously horrify you. How is it to come back?

L.K.: You know, the difference is not so big compared to Europe. But US and especially Japan – sure, it’s just a different world compared to us.

Y.V.: Total disrespect to each other – it’s the first thing you notice here after the US. You were bumped, and you yourself will say “I’m sorry” - and you will be called all names anyway. At first you rebel, then you get used to it and became the same. And what else can you do?

L.K.: It’s absolutely not clear where this cruelty comes from.

Y.V.: Take this example: We went to support Gay Pride with Lena. God, what’s the difference what’s your orientation? Who cares? But crowds of some fighters, skinheads come, they beat up these boys, break their heads. And it’s all Russians! People of one nation are killing each other! It’s impossible to imagine such things on the West! You can be anybody you want and you can wear anything you want until you don’t disturb other people. You come to the club to relax, and people don’t care about your clothes. And here you are shit if you don’t wear the right brand - go home, baby, and dance there!

Where do they have such a strict dress code?

Y.V.: Starting from “Dyagilev” (bougie Moscow night club – tatu.ru) and … Oh, it’s everywhere!

I’ve never been to “Dyagilev”…

P.: I’ll take you (Everybody laughs).

L.K.: A funny thing happened to me recently. I went to some boutique to check out dresses. And you know that my style is quite modest - jeans, a sweater, no make up. Just an ordinary person…
Y.V.: Just an ordinary homeless girl… (Everybody laughs)

L.K.: So, a shop-assistant comes to me and says, “Have you seen our prices, girl?” Now, isn’t it incredible?! In Los Angeles you can enter a boutique in sportswear and everybody greets you and starts helping you etc. There people can come to a restaurant wearing a t-shirt and sport shoes - and feel great! And here there’s a chance you will not be allowed to enter the restaurant at all.

It seems that your are more respected abroad than here.

L.K.: It is true. And it hurts. People seldom tell us, “You girls did a great job – you were the first to make it to the West and opened the door for others!” No, people just envy and get angry.

Y.V.: Lesha Mitrofanov wanted us to get the Medal of Friendship. The whole board gathered to discuss it. And Kobzon (Russian singer popular among the older generation – tatu.ru) said, “I think the girls do not deserve it, who are they?” And I was like: “Do you have at least one song known abroad? And do you have any idea how hard it is to become recognized artists in the West?” Unfortunately I often hear, “So what did they achieve? They just kissed a couple of times and that’s it!”

P.: I remember when I lived in London in 2001 and had dinner with a very serious company, we saw the girls every hour on MTV while Mariah Carey was aired like once a day. People in my company said, “Wow, you guys rock. We thought you only had matryoshkas and balalaikas - and you’re so advanced!” It’s absolutely not cherished in Russia.

L.K.: Of course, it offends. Moreover we’ve never asked for red carpets in front of us, never asked to be carried in the arms. We just want people to respect us.

I wonder what’s in your rider?

Y.V.: Hotel room, shower, meal. We don’t need anything more more. We have a serious technical rider because we perform live. We don’t have personal make-up artists, we do our own make up before shows, there’s no stylists - we choose clothes ourselves. What’s important? To have a shower, to eat and to sleep after the gig. The rest doesn’t matter.

Sergey Anisimov / OK! .

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/feedback.html?id=590&page=0

Scans of the article can also be found here:
http://blog.tatu.ru/Media/2007/11/07/1194458220000.html

xena225
PostThu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 am
JuliaLenaLover

ups. Grin I made a mistake.. not for birthday.. for christmas !.. a new t.A.T.u. album, gosh, i cant wate for it :p

And about this background, i really like it.. .. cmon i love it. i set it as my wallpaper in comp at the moment.. and this new translation of t.A.T.u. OK! magazine interview, thx for posting it here too..
enjoy life with t.A.T.u. Wave
PostThu Nov 08, 2007 12:59 pm
tatusnumber1fan2121

where can u get a magazine?send me a message w/the answer
Five to Seven
In This White Robe
Through The Darkness
Paragliding
Back To Heaven
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000126337902
PostWed Dec 05, 2007 8:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Christina-m

Quote:
Y: Like a tramp
Rofl I love the things that she comes up with Rolleyes

Quote:
where can u get a magazine?send me a message w/the answer

try here , they have some magazines on there but I don't know if this one is

http://shop.taty.ru/en/

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
Facebook.com/LenaKatina.USA
PostWed Dec 05, 2007 8:29 pm
tatusnumber1fan2121

thanks!they NEVER sell tatu magazines in Pennsylvania.Idk about anywhere else but finding anything tatu in PA is DIFFICULT so i order offline!!
Five to Seven
In This White Robe
Through The Darkness
Paragliding
Back To Heaven
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000126337902
PostWed Dec 05, 2007 8:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
tatu_noir

even after all this time, it still bristles me a little to hear about their bf's past and present and to realize that they were prolly never together in the way that it seemed they were.

but more importantly, after all this time, they still make me smile and laugh and i still love them xo

i can't help it! Smile
PostFri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: