:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. in Viva! Magazine (Russia) [December 26]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xena225

Post subject: Reply with quote

(c)Viva! Magazine (December 26)
Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/news.html?id=605

:cool:
PostWed Dec 26, 2007 6:28 am
emmatatu

lol @Lena's face, bahah what is she doing, oh man made my day hah and yulia looks so sweet

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix
PostWed Dec 26, 2007 7:11 am
thatgirlkassie

so cute and Lenas face....haha i love it!! Thumb
PostWed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
volkova_89

OMG Lena's face!!
Is she trying to tell us she made that baby??? Rofl
PostWed Dec 26, 2007 3:02 pm
cadetchik

Lena really doesn't suit her hair like that

XBox Live Gamer Tag ---->CadetChik<---- Go Add Me
PostWed Dec 26, 2007 10:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yuliasXpunk

volkova_89 wrote:
OMG Lena's face!!

Lmao I thought the same thing

www.myspace.com/gunriotgirl
PostWed Dec 26, 2007 10:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QuieroTatu

cadetchik wrote:
Lena really doesn't suit her hair like that

As someone with really thick wavy hair, I can definitely say sometimes you just need to punish it and wrap it in some tight braids to get it the hell out of your face.
PostThu Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm
LENAS_SHADOW

yuliasXpunk wrote:
volkova_89 wrote:
OMG Lena's face!!

Lmao I thought the same thing

Yeah That lol me2 and i love her hair she looks so cute and her face is jst priceless

[Thanks Maraja 4 the kick ass banner]
Hug
One Year Later...Remembering Lawrence King ((http://www.rememberinglawrence.org/index.cfm))
---------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3rdkhIKmp4
-----------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5eUz6iT9s
PostSat Dec 29, 2007 12:33 am
xena225

Scans of the Viva! article, thank you very much to Fanta (Tatu.ru)! Thumb

PostSat Dec 29, 2007 11:27 am
YunaVolkova

love them,but i can't see the larger versions. i fart in parvis general direction. Grin Thumb
You go on begging. Like this thing gives a damn what we want.The whole world is out to get us. I can barely keep myself alive.Let alone some kid!To the Fal'cei humans are tools. I'm not going to die for one of them.
PostSat Dec 29, 2007 5:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xena225

Hm, works fine for me, maybe you need to wait a bit for them to load, they are quite big.

No need to be so mean to Parviz. What has he done to deserve such disrespect? :half:

I love the scans, they both look very happy and content, and I love how tenderly Lena touches Yul's belly. Very sweet.
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 2:08 am
volkova_89

YunaVolkova wrote:
i fart in parvis general direction. Grin Thumb

that made me laugh so hard my parents woke up to shut me up :S LOL

Thanks for the scans, they look so cute.
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 2:15 am
yuna86

Loving the pics, thanx! Smile
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 4:37 pm
YunaVolkova

xena225 wrote:

No need to be so mean to Parviz. What has he done to deserve such disrespect? Half Frown

don't know,i just had to do it Grin . i like yulia with lena. YULIA AND LENA ALL THE WAY!! ok i feel better.i got them to show up. Smile Grin
You go on begging. Like this thing gives a damn what we want.The whole world is out to get us. I can barely keep myself alive.Let alone some kid!To the Fal'cei humans are tools. I'm not going to die for one of them.
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Christina-m

hey I can't get the bigger pictures Half Frown

Come check out the only officially approved Lena Katina fan club in the United States ;-)
Facebook.com/LenaKatina.USA
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 10:08 pm
YunaVolkova

jst wait a bit..they are very big.
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 11:07 pm
thatgirlkassie

Christina-m wrote:
hey I can't get the bigger pictures Half Frown

it took a while for them to load for me
PostMon Dec 31, 2007 11:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xena225

I've been meaning to ask: Is that a boob grab? Sneaky. Cool

Click to enlarge

Thank you very much to Fanta (Tatu.ru)!
PostThu Jan 03, 2008 3:36 pm
thatgirlkassie

sure looks that way to me Grin
PostThu Jan 03, 2008 3:39 pm
Volkster

xena225 wrote:
I've been meaning to ask: Is that a boob grab? Sneaky. Cool

I hadn't even noticed that!! Sneaky indeed!!! Devil I think Lena has gotten some great lessons from Yulia about grabbing!!! Grin

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostThu Jan 03, 2008 8:43 pm
tracytatufan

would anyone post english translation of the magazine so we can understand what they said that was "serious" in the magazine...????

if anyone could.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
PostFri Jan 04, 2008 4:33 am
xena225

Here you go, tracytatufan, and everyone else! :)

Quote:
Viva! Magazine
December 26

Love Against Violence

They have recorded the new disc and filmed the video for a song from it - and all this during the time Yulia was expecting her second baby. The main changes in life of t.A.T.u. are covered in this exclusive VIVA! Interview.

Two years have passed since t.A.T.u.’s last album release.

Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina have got much more mature since then, they filmed another shocking video and started their career in cinema. This interview was quite a surprise for VIVA!: The girls turned out to be much more serious than we’ve always thought.

How did the work over your new album go?
Lena:
The work on the album took place in America and in Moscow, dubbing was made in London. It took quite a long period of time, but the results were good and we are satisfied. The new album stays in t.A.T.u.’s style – not a clear rock, but not a pure pop, it’s something in-between. But the music, I think, became a bit more cheerful, excluding a couple of songs maybe.
Yulia: Album is kept in our style indeed, but some more elements of electronic music are added. There’re also some slow tracks. I think each our album is a product of its time. It reflects feelings and moods of that period when it was recorded.

Did the pregnancy affect your work?
Yulia:
Sure it did. Actually during my whole pregnancy we regularly flew to the US and back. Just final changes of the album were made in Moscow, because doctors are now afraid to let me fly on such a duration (7-8 months).
But maybe we’ll manage to release our album on the 25th of December, and if we won’t – then we will release a single, and the album will be out after my baby’s birth. We’ll see. I can just say that I’ve been busy during my whole pregnancy!

What surprises are prepared for fans in the new album?
Lena:
I think it’s not worth to tell about surprises, otherwise they won’t be surprises anymore. New album means new music, of course.
Yulia: Surprises? We’ve shot a very unexpected video which hopefully will touch people and evoke emotions. Album’s title is “Waste Management”, which speaks volumes already. We touched the most serious topics in our preceding album “Ludi-Invalidy” as well as in this one, we talk about the emotional negative which is inside a human being. Despite the titles these albums affect only moral aspects of life, there’s no connection with physical defects or… some ecology. We don’t want to offend anybody for sure, and the title “Waste Management” concentrate the whole negativity that happens in society, the negativity that people cause, all negative qualities, which we don’t like in ourselves first of all – that’s what we are working on, we try to become better ourselves. Of course, it is some kind of policy, because it’s threadbare and banal to call an album “I Love You” or “You Are My World”. You can’t surprise audience with a beautiful video with wet hair anymore.

Well, there’ll be enough of shock. Though actually a scandal for the sake of scandal is not important for us now, we’re deepening into creative work. Surely there was the epatage when we were 14-15, and it fitted our age. But we’ve grown up, I have a family, I’ll have a second baby soon. We’re not in the age to simulate or to barnstorm any more, our whole energy is being spent for creative work now. What we want to surprise with is our music, it’s not something specially invented now, it’s what we have inside. We concentrate on working on live sound and on improving of our sounding.

But your videos are still provocative. What shall we see in “Beliy Plaschik” video?
Lena:
One must watch video and reflect on what is it about. It’s not worth to spoon-feed it, I think. Video was made in Los Angeles, it was shot by the same director, who worked over “Ludi-Invalidy”, “All About Us”, “Friend or Foe” videos – James Cox and his team. All in all, these things somehow go better in America, and the video came out great, its authors were filled with admiration for it. James told us he beat himself. We’re also greatly satisfied with our work, though this is very rarely happening to me, ‘cause I’m extremely self-critical.

Yulia: Subject of the video is quite tough and provocative: Finally my heroine, who is pregnant as I am, is being shot.
After releasing the video we hear very different opinions and comments, opposite at times. When we were creating the plot, the main thing for us was not a violence, but vice versa. We were trying to tell the quite contrary things with this video: We’re against violence. We’re against monsters and cruelty, that’s what “waste management” is. By the way, it’s the first video where we don’t play ourselves. Usually our video images fitted real us, but not this time.

Who’s the song author?
Lena:
We ran into some poetry of our fan that she published on the forum. We decided it’s a very strong text and we should make a song out of it. No one had doubts about the lyrics, because this poetry is very “tatuish”, it suits our ideas and fit our album topics. The song came serious and metaphoric, not the kind “you listen and understand immediately”, no, it’s the one to be listened and to be thought over.
Yulia: A girl, who wrote “Beliy Plaschik” poetry is only 16. Her name is Masha Maksakova, she’s a schoolgirl, she lives in Saint-Petersburg. This poetry wasn’t ordered, it was her feelings and emotions. The music and arrangement were composed by our constant author. For us this was an example that every person can succeed if one’s talented. The work she composed is really very close to what we do by its meaning, and I think the fact that we work with poets who are not well-known is also quite provocative…

So provocative as playing in the movie “Finding t.A.T.u.“?
Lena:
Alexei Mitrofanov wrote a novel “t.A.T.u. Come Back” and then talked to the cinema industry people, who liked the idea to shoot a movie based on this story. They say it’s a real story about two girls - our fans, who meet, and their relationship grow up, with their love to our music as the background. I think the film is quite intriguing. We play ourselves. Our part is cameo, but our art line passes through the whole film. For example, main characters often visit our producer’s loft (by the way, the producer in this movie doesn’t represent real Ivan, it’s rather a collective image), they come to our gig. Songs from our album will be in the soundtrack. There was an idea to make a video based on movie’ footage, but it’s under discussion still, and the premiere is planned in spring at Cannes Festival. One thing is for sure: This movie should come out interesting. The director of the movie – Roland Joffe – is laureate of some several “globes” and “palm-branches”, but it’s not the main thing. The things we’ve already seen do look very professional. Mischa, Shantel (Mischa Barton and Shantel van Santen - starring Hollywood actresses), Olesya Sudzilovskaya, Alika Smekhova – everyone played great and smoothly. Alexander Anatolievich has actually brilliantly played our producer.
Yulia: It’s our first experience in a serious cinema, and it was very interesting for us.
Sure, we had “Eralash Journal” in our childhood, but the big cinema is a totally different thing. It’s not a children’s movie. World’s high-profile stars are involved. The movie’s quite contradictory, it’s hard to tell good guys from bad guys. Storyline in movie will differ a bit from the one in book, it’s closer to real life. It’s about the things people don’t notice while living their lives. About freedom, about independence, about love…

What is the future of t.A.T.u.? Do you plan to go solo or you’ll continue to work together?
Lena:
Of course, there’re some ideas about sole projects but we definitely don’t plan to part. We don’t quarrel, we know each other for 12 years, we feel very comfortable together. In future – we’ll see, but I don’t think it’s our last work. And it’s also possible to make a solo career at the same time, and this won’t mean a t.A.T.u.’ break-up.
Yulia: That’s what tabloids always writes about! Just think of it: Why should we part? We’ve got lots of fans, people love us and our art. There’re many ideas in our heads saved for future, but meanwhile it would be stupid to kill the project with our own hands. Journalists write a lot about us: We dated almost with everybody, we were married with many, lots of scandals were ascribed… I want to tell everybody, who has questions like “Is it true that t.A.T.u….?” True info is only on the official website, I guess.
By the way, we and our team invented a virtual character Insider, who has a blog on our web-site. He’s the one very reliable source of information, he recently started to write a real t.A.T.u. story, with no legends and fiction.

It’s hard to meet you in Russia lately. Does it mean you plan to continue your career on the West?
Lena:
You know, yes, we’re popular on the West, fans are waiting for a new album, new songs, but after all we’re Russians, we were born and grew up here and of course we don’t forget about it. We work with Western record labels, we plan to continue working with them, but Russia – it’s our country, and we can’t go elsewhere from here.
Yulia: I can honestly say: It’s better to work in the US – there’re studios there of professional level which would cost crazy money here. But we are not going to live in the US or somewhere abroad. We are not leaving anybody and we are not going anywhere. If we work there (we record or shoot videos), it doesn’t mean we plan to immigrate, not at all!

Are you in love now?
Lena:
I’m in love all the time! (laughter). Now I have a boyfriend I’m in love with.
Yulia: Parvis – is the first man in my life I have serious relationship with. There were rumors and gossip, I never commented something in press, because I had nothing serious before Parvis. We live together, we’re having a baby soon, we plan a wedding for this summer. Sure, everybody has one’s past, but I couldn’t say such kind of things about anybody before Parvis.

Does being in love affect creative work?
Lena:
I can’t say it affects strongly. The only thing is when we leave for a tour, I miss my mom, and now also my boyfriend. Amorousness warms you: When you sing you include your personal feelings. Love, sorrow, feelings – it’s all important for creative work.
Yulia: I recorded this album being pregnant. Usually in the relationship between two people one is loving and the other one is allowing to love – it’s like a game. It’s difficult to find a harmony, it happens very seldom. We’ve found it with Parvis. We both have past pickback, we both already have children, but we’ve found each other. With age you begin to cherish different qualities in people, you start keeping, saving, you try not just to affirm your “ego” but also to create a family. When I love somebody and I feel I’m loved, what can be better? Sure it positively affects our work. Girls, never run after somebody and don’t sob if a male doesn’t value you.
It’s just not your person! When the time comes you will surely meet a person whom you’ll love, and who’ll love you, and then the whole harmony arrives. Everything is good in its season.

Yulia, is your elder daughter Vika waiting for a brother?
Yulia:
Vika’s 3 years and 2 months old now and sometimes she forgets she’ll have a brother. She looks at my tummy and says: “Mummy’s overate, she’s got a big belly”. I have much work, but I spend my whole free time with her. She adores Parvis. I must say a big thank you to my parents who help me with Vika. In every way my daughter is a copy of me. I put my baby’s photo next to hers, and mom told me: It feels like we’re looking after you again.

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/feedback.html?id=609&page=0

Thanks muchly to Tatu.ru for the translation!! Thumb
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 12:39 pm
daNY

THEY look so GREAT!!Lena look AWESOME!!!ahhhhhhhh........hmmm looking at the photos i was wondering what happened to the t.A.T.u.trade mark sign...the middle finger up Smile)))) Devil
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 pm
tracytatufan

Thanks so much for the translation!! Grin Thumb
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 2:53 pm
yuna86

It was a great interview, one of the best! Thanks!
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 5:30 pm
Ruivelle

Great interview, thanks for posting it xena225 :thumbsup:

So, I assume we shall expect a wedding in summer? Ohohohoho, Yulia is reallyyy serious this time ... Good for her!! Wink
PostFri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
volkova_89

Yeah really great interview.
And Yulia is getting married?? Surprised/Shocked
PostSat Jan 12, 2008 1:45 am
YunaVolkova

Yeah That yulia getting married? Surprised/Shocked i like vika..she is so innocent. Thumb
PostSat Jan 12, 2008 4:18 am
daNY

YunaVolkova wrote:
Yeah That yulia getting married? Surprised/Shocked i like vika..she is so innocent. Thumb

i really don't think that Julia will marry Parviz:)
PostSun Jan 13, 2008 11:11 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: