:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Rossiyskaya Gazeta: Don't forget to manage waste ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatgirlkassie

Post subject: Rossiyskaya Gazeta: Don't forget to manage waste ... Reply with quote
Quote:
Don't forget to manage waste in the new year / Rossiyskaya Gazeta

The duo with a mysterious name t.A.T.u. appeared in Russia and in Belorussia suddenly. The story about two girls crazy about each other made them known all around the world. In the course of the years t.A.T.u. vocalists Yulia Volkova and Lena Katina became more professional. They show the most vital problems of our society in their songs and videos. On the eve of New Year this famous band told SOUZ' correspondent about love, about protest against violence and about management… of waste.

Can music be trendy?

Lena: I guess it can. Though there's no point to call music trendy or and not trendy. For example, I can listen to "Beatles", "Scorpions" as well as some young artist who sings, "I love you, you don't love me"… It's a question of taste, everyone chooses the things he or she likes. I have no specific preferences. Sometimes I just turn on the radio and listen to what they play. If high-platform shoes are fashionable today, it doesn't mean I'll wear them. I prefer wear the things I feel comfortable in.

You will be releasing the album again with an ambiguous name - "Waste Management", you again made a provocative video, you again touch edgy topics…

Lena: I think we get the problems that touch us and not just us from our souls, and we transform them into musical form. Generally they are the things that we've always sung about – about loving or not-loving… It's hard to live, it's hard to love…
Yulia: Our video "Beliy Plaschik" is against violence, against unborn children. We've decided to express a protest with such a metaphor. We think it turned out strong…

Would you like your children to follow your steps?

Lena: I want my kids to choose what's interesting and actual for them. They will have their road in finding themselves. I chose what to do in life myself. I'm very grateful to my mom that she didn't tell me, say "You'll go to law school".
Yulia: I agree. Kid's can be and should be directed, but it's impossible to suppress their personalities. I raise Vika remembering this.

Who are your friends in show-business?

Yulia: I don't think I have friends in show-business. Like most of artists, we have these "hi-bye" talks, and that's it. We're close just with Sergei Lazarev since "Neposedi" times.
Lena: My circle of people is actually totally different. I keep friendship with my former schoolmates. We are close to our fans. Many girls and boys come from various Russian towns.

How do you spend your free-time?

Lena: Just like everybody – cinema, theatre, books, friends, relatives… I've started to learn Spanish.
Yulia: And I've stopped partying lately – don't feel like doing it. I also devote much time to my family.

What's the most difficult thing in a tour?

Lena: You know, I have this empty feeling after the show. Everything I had inside is given to the audience, to our fans. That's not easy.
Yulia: Yes, there is weariness after the concert, but it's nice, and I quickly recover strength. We didn't perform for months because of pregnancy, and honestly I miss it already.

How do you recharge?

Both: We sleep!

Is it complicated to draw a line between your image and your life?

Yulia: Yes. I don't think we have some special image. We are the same on stage and in life. We even wear the same jeans and shirts on the show that we wear in real life. We are the way we are and feel comfortable.

Is there any conflict between generations?

Lena: Sure, you can't avoid this generation gap.
Yulia: I think there is. But me and Lenka have great relationship with parents. My mom is my best friend. I respect her, she is a wise person. Maybe when I was a teenager there were some conflicts. We started touring at that time. But I came back home and hugged my mom.

What would you wish people in Russia and in Belorussia?

Lena: I wish everybody family happiness!
Yulia: Oh, no, Len, happiness will be anyway! My wish for the new year – don't forget to manage waste - both physical and emotional!

Ayrat Sagdatov

Source: http://www.tatu.ru/en/feedback.html?id=608&page=0
PostSat Dec 29, 2007 12:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xena225

Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much for posting, bloodyroses! Thumb

Here's a small scan from the article:

http://www.tatu.ru/en/feedback.html?id=608&page=0

Yulia: "We didn't perform for months because of pregnancy, and honestly I miss it already."

I miss seeing them perform, too. Good to see that Yulia longs to be back on stage.

"...don't forget to manage waste - both physical and emotional!"

I have a feeling we'll be hearing that a lot in the future. Cool
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 2:16 am
Maraja

Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks bloodyroses!

xena225 wrote:
"...don't forget to manage waste - both physical and emotional!"

I have a feeling we'll be hearing that a lot in the future. Cool

Yeah. :P I like it though! It's a good slogan. I guess a lot of us should go through our emotional waste before the new year and see what can be thrown away and what can be recycled.

I wonder when they'll be going on tour again. I can't wait to see them!
PostSun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: