:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
I Love You More Than Pi (NC-17/HOLD)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooBear

Post subject: I Love You More Than Pi (NC-17/HOLD) Reply with quote
What's this you may ask? I know... I know, most of you are going.. "WHERE THE EFF IS THE SEQUEL TO NO KISS?" Hmm? I'm not wrong, right? Well, patience my friends, it shall come in it's own time.

Truth be told, I honestly haven't exactly found the perfect storyline that screams sequel yet. There's a few ideas floating around in there but for the mean time, you'll have to be happy with this new little project of mine.

Now, I'm going out on a limb writing this storyline... I originally thought of making it a UC, short and sweet, but I'm having too much fun with the characters and storyline sooo.. it shall be longer. Smile

Okay... you might also be thinking.. "Erm... more than Pi? Don't you mean PIE?" And no... no, I don't mean PIE. The title will make sense once you read. Grin

'Nuff said, I hope you enjoy! Thumb

And thanks for reading!

-------------------------------------

I Love You More Than Pi

Chapter I

Urbandictionary.com defines a nerd as an individual who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do. On that level, I’d be considered a nerd. I don’t necessarily follow trends and don’t feel the need to do what the rest of society does. I’d rather be considered a nerd than a sheep. It continues to define a nerd as a highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obsession with a given subject, usually computers. Once again, touché! I guess compared to the rest of the world, I am highly intelligent and rejected by my ‘peers’. I wouldn’t say I have an obsession with computers but I have an abnormally developed fondness for them. It ends by saying that nerds, unfortunately, seem to have problems breeding, to the detriment of mankind as a whole. This point, I disagree with. I don’t have problems breeding because I’m a nerd. I just can’t because I’m attracted to women and every person with half a brain knows that two women together can’t ‘breed’ in the sense that the dictionary defines it.

I say girls, but I’ve had my eye on this particularly gorgeous redhead for the past three years. Every year, I’ve seen her at the Dragon*Con conference in Atlanta and I have never made a move or even attempted to talk to her in fear of rejection. I don’t know why I fear rejection; she obviously is just like me in that way that she likes video games and the likes. She wouldn’t come to the conference if she didn’t. I noticed her the first year as she made her way about the gaming rooms, spending a good amount of time playing against other conference goers and testing out every new game that was attempting to make it big in the gaming market.

I was once in her place. I attended every possible gaming conference that I could get myself to. Even if they weren’t just gaming, even if they had to do with board games like Essen in Germany or Gen*Con in Philly. I decided that my passion really lay within making the consoles and games, and not with playing them. I loved to be the work behind the masterpiece. The sense of fulfillment one gets when you watch someone as ecstatic and passionate about gaming as you play one of your games. It’s absolutely thrilling. There’s no better feeling in the world except maybe talking to the redhead. I sighed dreamily as I sat in the room my console was being set up in. We had one day before the conference started and the buzz about it was already out of control.

“Hey, Yulia! What are you thinking about?”
I whipped my head around and nearly burst out laughing at the sight in front of me. I hate stereotypes but what was standing in front of me was the perfect replica of the stereotypical Asian nerd who happened to be one of my best friends.
“What... did you do to your hair?” I stifled my giggles and tried to be serious. He simply glared back at me and I lost it.
“No, honestly!” I breathed in deeply, “Liam, what did you do?”
I regained my composure and straightened up, folding my arms stubbornly awaiting an answer. I’d known Liam for as long as I’ve been attending these conferences. I kicked his ass at a war game that was on display. I can’t remember its name but that’s because it never made it onto the market.

“Did your mom cut your hair again?” I asked teasingly as I reached out and ruffled his hair. He grumbled and swatted at my hand,
“She says it saves money.”
I burst out laughing again before patting him on the back,
“You need to move out. You’re like... ancient and still living in your parents’ house?”

Liam was one of those dependent mommy’s boys. She did everything for him. She did his laundry, his bed, made him food, etc. He was really the epitome of nerd. He oozed it but I loved him regardless and would never think about not being his friend.
“Did you spot her yet?” He asked nonchalantly as he took a seat and pulled out a binder.
“Her who?” I asked feigning cluelessness as I walked over to our game console and began connecting it to flatscreen mounted on the wall.
“Don’t play clueless with me Yulia. The redhead, have you spotted her yet?”

I narrowed my eyes looking at him as he flipped through the binder.
“No,” I answered shortly connecting the audio cables to the surround sound. I attempted to turn the console on and nothing happened. I frowned and hit its side once.
“I don’t think that’s going to work, Yul.”
“Just shut up for a second, Liam!” I grumbled as I quickly checked if all the cables were connected. My eyes fell onto the power bar and I attempted to discreetly lean down to flick it on but Liam was too observant and laughed,
“Forgot about the power bar again?”

I flicked it on and everything came to life. I stood back up and put my hands on my hips defiantly and huffed,
“I did not. I totally knew it wasn’t on.”
I pulled up a chair next to him and grabbed the binder from him to look at what he’d been so absorbed in.
“Do you think she’ll come?” I asked, flipping through the pages. The binder was all the notes, drawings, hypothesis and theories about our upcoming game. We hadn’t attempted to bring it to life; it was all in the papers at the moment. He grabbed the binder back from me and pulled it close to him,
“I don’t know. I’m not the one obsessed with her,” he narrowed his eyes before putting the binder back into his backpack.
“I’m not obsessed with her!” I shouted defensively.

He pushed up his glasses by the bridge and shrugged,
“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re smitten with her.”
I rolled my eyes before shoving him with a good amount of force. I was bigger than him after all and that’s saying something. He nearly fell off his chair but gripped onto the table.
“Hey, don’t need to get rough. I’m just saying what I’ve noticed.”
I frowned before getting up and walking back towards the entertainment set up to make sure everything was running smoothly. The last thing we needed was everything to blow up tomorrow. The room became eerily quiet, almost too quiet. I looked over my shoulder and froze on the spot. There she was, standing in the doorway. She was glowing, almost like an angel.

“She’s glowing...” I muttered to myself and Liam gritted back,
“That’s the light from outside, you dork.”
My eyes went wide realizing that I’d actually voiced my thoughts. She took a step into the room and smiled,
“Wow... you guys are actually part of the convention this year? That’s awesome!”
Was she talking to us? She was talking to us. Oh my fucking God. She’s talking to me. Wait, she’d noticed me!
“Uh... yeah,” I managed to utter and her eyes quickly darted over to me. I stared back past the spectacles framing her face and into her eyes. She was on the opposite side of the room so I couldn’t see the greyish green hue of her eyes, but I knew they were beautiful from previous times.
“I’m Elena, but everyone around here just calls me Lena.”
“Le..” I choked, “...na.”

She gave me this weird look and I felt myself melt on the spot. Her name was Lena. After three years, I knew her name. I was seriously head over heels for a girl I’d never spoken to until now. How ridiculous was that? Even more ridiculous was that I couldn’t even manage to articulate my words.
“What’s your game about?” She asked as if we’d been all friends forever. I fiddled with some wires pretending to be occupied as I tried to find a simple sentence to explain everything but nothing simple came to mind. The inner workings of how we assembled the console swam through my brain and I started to go through the numbers of Pi and I couldn’t stop.
“3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716…” I whispered to myself.
“Are you reciting Pi?” she asked me. I quickly dropped the wires I’d been fiddling with and looked over at her.
“No...” I replied immediately. She laughed and shook her head,
“You were! I heard you!”
“I wasn’t...” I added before picking up the wires again. Liam just looked from me to her before clearing his throat,
“Sorry... she’s just a little nervous about tomorrow. I mean, we’ve worked really hard on this console and game.”

Why was he all of a sudden Mr cool and reserved? He rarely ever talked to girls! Well... regular girls. I guess one would classify Lena as a nerd but not on first glance. She looks like an average pretty girl with her curly red hair and small form. She wouldn’t be labelled a nerd instantaneously unlike Liam. He couldn’t escape his fate. She could easily mingle with both crowds if she wanted but something told me she probably spent her nights escaping reality like the rest of us; in front of a computer or TV screen.

I watched her as she pulled out the pamphlet for the weekend and started to skim through the schedule. She tapped something on the paper before folding it back up and looking at us,
“You guys are Liam and Yulia, right?”
I nodded and he answered,
“Yeah, we’ve been attending this conference ever since our parents allowed us to go out of state.”
I shot Liam a glance and sarcastically added,
“Are you kidding? Your parents actually live in this state now.”

He glared back at me and remained silent. I heard Lena laugh again and felt my knees grow weak. I quickly reached out for purchase on the table that had all our equipment set up before I made a complete fool out of myself. Not that I hadn’t already. She watched my movements before shoving her hands into her pockets and swaying back and forth slowly.

“Soo... I guess I’ll be seeing you guys around then...”
“Yeah! For sure!” I managed to say as she walked out. I immediately rushed back to my chair to sit back down and burry my face in my hands. I grumbled to myself and couldn’t help but replay the last five minutes in my head.
“Did that just happen?” I asked through my fingers, looking at Liam who nodded slowly.
“I’m afraid it did.”
“Do you think I screwed things up?”
He laughed before patting my knee gently,
“I think you’re safe. She probably just took your awkwardness as nerves for the big day tomorrow. Or... for your sake, I hope she did. Just... I don’t know, try to act more normal next time or maybe use more of your vocabulary.”
“I don’t know why she just makes me really nervous. I’m always good at interacting with people at these conventions. Do you think it’s because she doesn’t look like a geek?”

He shrugged before getting up and grabbing his backpack.
“I honestly don’t know how this,” he pointed at my forehead, “works.”
I leaned back into my seat and stared up at him,
“I don’t know either.”
“And really, you think she doesn’t look like a geek? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror recently? Everyone around here has always asked what a pretty girl like you is doing here every year.”
I placed my hand over my chest and grinned,
“I’m a geek at heart, you know that!”

He placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed gently,
“I know... but you just don’t fit the image everyone thinks of when they hear the word nerd or geek. I’ll see you tomorrow bright and early, okay?”
I nodded and smiled,
“Don’t forget to pick up some coffee when your mother drops you off.”
“Ha... ha! Funny!” he added before leaving. I quickly shouted back,
“HEY! I was serious!”
I was suddenly left alone in a dimly lit room with the silent hum of our console on the table a few feet away from me. I looked around and smiled to myself. Ever since I could remember I had always dreamed to have one of these rooms. One of the game console rooms at conventions where people would come and test out your games. I had been one of them once and that’s exactly how I came to notice Lena. We’d both been in the same room three years ago. I’d witnessed her slaughter some other gamer and she’d won my heart without even knowing it. Now, maybe... by having my own console and game, she’d notice me. Wait... she already had and as I sat there, thinking about all of this, I could still feel the quickened rhythm of my heartbeat against my ribcage from just having her say my name.

"I just love that... living in the world of my imagination." - Lena
>>Kismet (A Rizzles Fic)<<

Last edited by BooBear on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:22 am; edited 12 times in total
PostWed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
NotGonnaGetUs32

Post subject: Reply with quote
1 - i deserve first spot because...i'm just awesome and teh master
2 - um...this excites me. non sexual manner
3 - this totally beats studying math
4 - best title in the world. i'm in love with it. not to mention pi day is like..my favorite day ever.
5 - a better comment will be up relatively soon...like tomorrow...AND 5 IS ACTUALLY MY LUCKY NUMBER TOO LOLOL

*grin*
PostWed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm
*Mimi*

Wait! I play video games, I'm on the computer alot, and I live with my parents.... So does that mean I'm a nerd? :half:

This story is exciting. It's something different from what I have read so far. Can't wait for the next update! Grin

*Mimi* and JuliaLenaFan: WE ARE TWO CRAZY TATU FANS WHO LOVE EACH OTHER!!! Love Wacko

To JuliaLenaFan: Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control. Love Kiss
PostWed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Volkster

BooBear wrote:
... I started to go through the numbers of Pi and I couldn’t stop.
“3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716…” I whispered to myself.
“Are you reciting Pi?” she asked me. I quickly dropped the wires I’d been fiddling with and looked over at her.
“No...” I replied immediately. She laughed and shook her head,
“You were! I heard you!”

LMFAO!

I guess reciting Pi calms Yulia down! Grin A very nice touch btw.

Thumb

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostThu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 am
TaTu002

lol
awww Yulia is too cute Smile
yulia & lena as "nerds" = Drool
i'm liking this a lot Grin
PostThu Jan 22, 2009 3:39 am
Rae

*spins around on chair*
*grabs table and stops, looking manic*

I LOVESH IT!
I'm going to print off every chapter of this fic until it's finished, then stuff the printed versions into a giant teddy bear. The giant teddy bear will be called Pi and he'll be my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I'ma cuddle him and brush him and clean him and play with him until the world goes BOOM!

*clears throat*

So anyway.
This fic. Amaaaaazing yeah? Yeah.
Amazing.

*points to self*
I am a nerd.
*points to fic*
They are nerds.
*puts three dots in a triangle formation* (You're in college. I sincerely hope you get that)
I love this fic.

But you already knew I would *looks smug*
Which in itself is a testament to my nerdery.

Yulia reminds me of myself in this fic...
But you already know that!
Cos I told you and...

Yeah.

Moar?
Moar.
I'd like that.
*waits patiently*
PostThu Jan 22, 2009 4:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mel~

Haha, amusing one, BooBear. I love how you made them nerds xD Update please! Grin
PostThu Jan 22, 2009 6:13 pm
Mikansei no Ai

oh gee...

wow...

um...

Basically what I'm trying to say is that um this has to be the coolest story evah!

The whole Pi caught my attention from the title and when she started reciting Pi, I was reminded of my math club team. LMAO :D

And the Cons!

Now I have no idea what to write, so I guess that I'll just like stop typing.

OH! This story is totally AWESOME BLOSSOM!!
PostFri Jan 23, 2009 8:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirley's_Key

Haha i felt really intellectual for a split second cos i first thought of п (cant make it closer now) when i read pi ;P

And awwwwwwwwwwww its so cuuuuuute!

btw, i first thought it was lena speaking in the beginning and not yulia.. funny how lena has the more geeky image lool

but when i found out it was yulia i was like AW! lolll yulia as nerd is so cute. "cmon yulka, lets program with basic together.. rawrr" lool

updaaaaaaaaate!
great work Grin
PostSat Jan 24, 2009 10:28 am
AnotherFan

This is different, I love it. Yulia and Lena as nerds= priceless fun. Sounds like this is going to be very interesting.

Can't wait for more! Grin
PostSat Jan 24, 2009 12:04 pm
BooBear

Heyloooo everyone! I'm afraid to say I've been hoarding this chapter since well.. since I posted the first one. Smile

I hope you guys enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback!

------------------------------------

Chapter II

Game day, literally. It was already late afternoon and I finally had the time to nest myself into a corner to catch up on a late lunch while Liam took care of the convention goers. Our game was a hit, it was one of its kind at the convention. While most gaming consoles offered great graphics and real life interaction, ours put you directly into the game with high-tech glasses that covered a player’s entire peripheral vision. This aspect put the player directly in the game, the virtual world surrounding them. It wasn’t just the glasses though; it had an entire outfit that had trigger sensors placed in all the key areas to detect body movement. If you had to run in the game, you were running in real life also.

I watched from my corner as Liam got a new gamer ready to test out our game and console as I hastily shovelled Thai noodles into my mouth. I was so busy trying to eat my noodles as quickly as possibly that I hadn’t even noticed that Lena was standing right in front of me.

“Wow, you’re a pro,” she teasingly pointed out. I stopped right as I trapped the ends of the noodles dangling from my mouth with the chopsticks and looked up at her before shoving the rest quickly in and trying to swallow them but it just created a massive lump and I nearly choked. I was definitely not making a good second impression if I had to be the judge. I reached over for my water bottle and clumsily unscrewed the cap and took a few gulps before finally being able to relax a little. All she did was laugh and I couldn’t help but grin in response,

“Apparently not so much,” I admitted. Without hesitation, she took a seat next to me and glanced over to two of gamers battling against each other. We had the flatscreen set up so that people could see what the gamers saw.
“You guys really did go all out for this, hm? I didn’t think it was this intricate. It’s awesome, honestly.”

I attempted to gracefully continue to eat my noodles but Lena looked over to me and caught me once again in the act of pushing them in with the chopsticks. I made no attempt to quickly eat them and finished as I usually would before stating,
“You haven’t tried it yet. You should... I’m not one to boast, but it is awesome.”
“I’ll get around to it,” she smiled and I noticed a playful twinkle in her eye. She was definitely no ordinary geek and that’s one of the main reasons I was so drawn to her. What made her love games so much?

She could have less degrading hobbies than being a gamer. I wanted to find out what motivated her. She was intriguing and she had captured my attention within the first few seconds I had laid eyes on her. Now, she was talking to me and it didn’t seem like she was trying to come up with an excuse to leave. It was comforting. Despite being an unordinary nerd myself, if I may say so, I couldn’t really understand. Even though, I’m sure her attraction to the fictional worlds were just like mine. I wasn’t always pretty. Once upon a time, not too long ago, I grew out of the stereotypical nerd look. My clothes were frumpy, and I honestly didn’t care about how the world saw me but I came to realize the way I present myself gives off certain opinions and if I wanted to get by in life, I couldn’t look like what I used to. It was all right to have hobbies but I wanted to make a living out of building consoles and this industry doesn’t usually take girls seriously. No, I didn’t change to impress the men within the industry. I’m not that shallow... I honestly did grow into it. I used to be very short, and wore the big glasses and yes, I did have braces. It seemed once I got rid of the braces and then the glasses, I grew more confident. Doesn’t seem like it now though, right? Lena is an exception. It seems all confidence is lost when she steps into the room. I still couldn’t quite grasp why she was talking to me now after having frequented the same conventions for the past three years.

“Yul?” she waved her hand in front of my face and I snapped out of it.
“Hm?” I looked over to her and felt as if I was drowning in her eyes. Everything about this girl drove me absolutely insane. From the freckles on her nose, her arms, her cheeks... to the red of her hair and how it curled softly at her shoulders when it wasn’t tied up in a pony tail... to how her eyes shifted between green and grey on certain days. I wanted to know what moods evoked which colour. I wanted to know everything about it. Could it be that I was more engrossed in getting to know Lena than I ever was in understanding the inner clockwork of consoles?

“What were you thinking about this time? Not Pi again?”
I shook my head before grinning,
“Nope, logarithms!”
I frowned realizing I was a little too proud of that even though it wasn’t the complete truth. She looked at me with a confused look as if she was trying to decipher me.
“What? You don’t think of logarithms?” I asked quickly trying to defend myself. She shook her head again before admitting,
“Nah... I prefer to go over the Greek alphabet in my head sometimes.”

I was amazed at how she said it as if it was the most natural thing in the world. She honestly didn’t care but I couldn’t help but wonder if she allowed this side of her to be shown in public. What was she like when she wasn’t within the walls of these conventions? I was dying to find out. I decided to joke around,

“Think fast, what comes after upsilon?”
“Phi,” she replied without hesitation.
“Psi?”
“Omega.”
“Epsilon?”
“Zeta.”
I sighed slowly realizing she was definitely a girl after my own heart. She probably didn’t even know it too. She was absolutely adorable in that surprising kind of way. Not that I ever doubted that she’d be adorable but you never know. You see a pretty girl and she can have the personality of a brick.

“You’re perfect,” I murmured. She looked at me quickly and perked a brow,
“Excuse me?”
“I said, that’s perfect!”
I really had to stop thinking things and saying them out loud without realizing.
“So, besides games, what else are you interested in?” I asked quickly trying to divert the subject from my blatantly obvious slip-up. I got up for a second to throw out my Styrofoam bowl and the rest of my lunch. I sat back down and silently sipped my water, fiddling with the bottle cap in my other hand.

She crossed her legs and slid down into the chair, crossing her arms over her stomach. She looked so out of place surrounded by all these people that screamed nerds. The only thing that would hint towards her geekier side is the rectangle frames resting on the bridge of her nose. Even the glasses were very feminine and suited her extremely well. It’s the fact that she opted to wear the glasses as opposed to wear contacts that made me smile.
“I like to read...” she said slowly as she looked over towards me. I smiled back and asked,
“Reading anything interesting right now?”

As if she knew I was going to ask, she answered immediately,
“I’m reading The Alchemist...”
“By Paulo Coelho!” I excitedly finished her sentence.
“I absolutely love Paul Coelho,” she gushed.
“Did you know they’re releasing Veronika Decides to Die as a movie this year?”
“I know, they better not ruin it!” she huffed and for the briefest moment I felt like we weren’t surrounded by a bunch of guys who lived inside of games. I guess that’s another thing... my life does extent beyond the borders of the fictional worlds like I tend to lose myself in sometimes. I step outside of those borders although I often fear being ridiculed but I guess my appearance plays in favour of not being so recognizable. I couldn’t believe she was the same! I often felt pity for those who couldn’t or wouldn’t go out into the real world because they would indeed be ridiculed but then I come to realize that most of them prefer it that way.

“You’re a lot calmer than yesterday,” she noted. I shrugged a little and felt myself getting paranoid now that she pointed it out.
“I was just nervous about all this, you know?” I motioned around the room. I looked over to Liam and he goofily grinned at me giving me two thumbs up and he quickly pretended to wave in our direction when Lena looked over towards him.

“Liam seems like a nice guy... how long have you known him?”
“Too long... you aren’t with your usual gang this year? Why’s that?” I asked.
She turned her attention back towards me and tilted her head towards the side,
“My gang?”
I nodded nervously before explaining,
“Those two guys and that other girl you always came to these things with...”
“Have you been watching me?”
“Oh, no, no! No... no,” I shook my head vigorously, my cheeks burning as they turned a bright red.
“I was kidding!” She quickly stated. I breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed into my chair.
“It’s just... you notice who comes to these things regularly. Usually, you’ve got the regulars and then some new people every year...” I tried to explain without fumbling over my words.
“Cause it’s okay if you have been...” she mumbled at the same time as I had begun explaining myself. I had heard what she said and my heart skipped a beat but I pretended I hadn’t,

“What was that?”
“Nothing,” she shook her head and I got a glimpse of her timid side. She reminded me so much of those cooler girls in high school. But she wasn’t snobby in any way and she obviously didn’t think of herself as an elite but in this world, in this convention, she was definitely a minority and as much as I hated to admit it, so was I. Maybe... that wasn’t such a bad thing. Maybe it could play into my favour? I watched as she casually glanced down at her watch. She possibly had the geekiest watch I had ever seen. It was a math watch! I only caught a quick look at it but for twelve o’clock it was 6x2, and for three o’clock it was 198 divided by 66.

“There’s this game starting in fifteen that I wanted to check out,” she said and I could have sworn I detected a hint of unwillingness in her voice.
“Oh... okay. You should come back afterwards... I’ll show you how our gaming console works,” I offered which seemed to cheer her up and she grinned,
“Sure, that sounds like a plan,” she got up slowly from her chair before shoving her hands in her back pockets and standing awkwardly before shrugging,
“Um... so I guess I’ll see you later then?” she pulled her hands out of her back pockets and pushed her glasses back up onto her nose. I nodded and half stood up before sitting back down realizing that it wasn’t like we were going to hug or shake hands. I awkwardly waved and smiled,
“See you later.”

She returned the wave and turned on her heels leaving the room. If it were physically possible, I’d be melting into my chair right now. Liam quickly took up the seat that was freed up by Lena’s absence and he grinned,

“So, what was all that about?”
“We were just talking...”
“Did you remember to use your words this time?”
I shot him a look and sarcastically answered,
“Yeeesss, I used my words, mother.”
He laughed and shook his head, motioning back towards the gaming area,
“Your turn, I need to get some food now.”

I nodded and stood up, placing my hand on his shoulder as I did. I patted him on the head before leaving him alone to go explain the game to some new comers. It was tedious but the promise of getting to personally explain it to Lena later on made it all worth it.

Last edited by BooBear on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Jan 28, 2009 9:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
NotGonnaGetUs32

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288!

PI! PI! PI!

thats how much i had to memorize up to for Pi day to get extra credit last year *grin*
PostWed Jan 28, 2009 9:03 pm
Mikansei no Ai

lol

Greek symbols.

What's next??

Sine, cosine, tangent, cotangent, secant and cosecant??

Radians of a circle??!!!

Gah! You've reminded me of my homework that I've been avoiding... I should get to it now...

But I love this story! You bet I do!! Grin
PostThu Jan 29, 2009 5:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swarm012

Too smart...gaaaaaaaah...lol

Greek...what's next???? Hebrew? Latin?

Goodness...hmmmmmm...I do wonder why Lena is so attracted to games...great story! update soon!
PostThu Jan 29, 2009 5:14 pm
theone

Quote:
It was a math watch! I only caught a quick look at it but for twelve o’clock it was 6x2, and for three o’clock it was 198 divided by 66.

never knew they made them! lol!

hopefully lena will come back to yulias table

Meine machte leiblingsKusine

I still live with this everyday, my sister Laura is part mongolian rapist-Sarah Silverman
PostThu Jan 29, 2009 6:05 pm
BooBear

Oh yeah, they exist.. I just made a variation of it..

LOL Grin

PostThu Jan 29, 2009 7:42 pm
*Mimi*

I love this story! Finally a story where Yulia and Lena loves video games! Grin

I have never seen that watch before. A watch for the nerds!! :lol:

Awesome update! Thumb

By the way, I LOVE your sig BooBear!!! Thumb

*Mimi* and JuliaLenaFan: WE ARE TWO CRAZY TATU FANS WHO LOVE EACH OTHER!!! Love Wacko

To JuliaLenaFan: Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control. Love Kiss
PostThu Jan 29, 2009 9:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BooBear

I guess, just letting you know that I have NOT forgotten about this!

I know, it's been swallowed by the Page Two Monster.. but I had a history assignment due today, I got that finished! Since I gave up tv for a week for my observant participation assignment for Anthro, I have pretty much everything else done for the rest of the week also.

I should have a few updates coming your way. Wink

PS. Good news for all those who have been pestering me about No Kiss Sequel... The first chapter IS written.. I just have yet to find a title.. and I'll be waiting til either ORW is finished or Pi... or until I have enough chapters hoarded away that I'm not overdoing it by having three things on the go. Wink

Just to reassure you guys..

PostTue Feb 10, 2009 6:39 am
NotGonnaGetUs32

^ *grin*
PostTue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 am
theone

Poke Poke Poke Poke

I still live with this everyday, my sister Laura is part mongolian rapist-Sarah Silverman
PostMon Feb 16, 2009 2:41 pm
BooBear

I knooowww.. I knoowww.. AUGUHUGUG... you can all shoot me! I'm on Spring Break right now but I just got back from celebrating V-Day in Montreal (and the internet hotel SUCKED.. we actually canceled it). Noooo, nothing fancy. Just hanging out with two of my gal pals.

Anyways, I have a participant observation essay due in Anthro, and I have to study a bit for my Russian test.. and do some transcribing and somehow go visit my dad.. (shoot me.. NOT that I don't love my dad.. I just can't handle being at his house.. with his girlfriend, etc.. in the middle of NO WHERE... for too long)

I'm actually opening up word RIGHT NOW.. and hope to have an update for you tonight.

Thanks for all the patience! Grin

PostTue Feb 17, 2009 10:11 pm
*Mimi*

*Sits down and waits. Turns on her PSP and starts to play Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core to kill the time.* Grin

PostTue Feb 17, 2009 10:58 pm
theone

*sits, waits patiently watching prince of tennis*

PostWed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 pm
BooBear

Sorry this took so long guys! I was a little stumped.. and uncreative? I might be putting this on hold.. it all depends on how this chapter goes. Wink

I don't want you guys to be waiting around forever. I only have one month left of school.. then four exams in April.. so it's not SO bad.

I have a few things up my sleeve, so.. who knows.

Just keep reading and commenting. :thumbsup:

P.S. I totally changed the Elvish saying at the end.. it still means the same. I just found a better online dictionary that told me otherwise. Two actually.
--------------------------

Chapter III

She hadn’t stood me up. No... once the day was over and all the people filed out to either go back home or to their hotel room only to come back tomorrow morning, she’d showed up. As soon as she’d popped her head into the doorway, Liam had quickly gathered his things and deserted me. I knew he meant well but I felt insecure flying solo. Although, yes, I’d spoken to her alone but he’d been a few feet away. He was still in the same room. He wasn’t now and I stood watching her as she finished testing out our system and game. She pulled off the headset with the glasses which reminded me of Scott’s protective eyewear from X-men and sometimes I believe Liam designed them like that purposely.

“Wow... that’s just amazing. I love it!” She turned around to face me but I could tell she was straining to spot me. I looked over to the table and picked up her glasses.
“I’m glad you liked it,” I took a few steps closer to her. Little did she know that I had gone above and beyond our original plan for the console in the hoes to impress her. I hadn’t care that I didn’t know her name or had never spoken to her. She looked down towards the floor and shuffled her feet before adding,
“It’s really one of a kind. It’s so... thrilling to be in the game. It’ll revolutionize gaming... just you wait.”

I took the last few steps that remained between us before taking her hand in mine to place her glasses in the palm of her hand. My fingers gently brushed the back of her hand and I couldn’t help but smile at the softness of her skin. I let go quickly and took a step back as she put her glasses back on and grinned at me.
“So, what are your plans for the rest of the night?”
Why was she so forward? Shouldn’t she be awkward and socially retarded like me?
“Um... nothing. You?” I cleared my throat and clenched my hands together as she stood there. She was still clad with the equipment for the game.
“I don’t know about you but I’m starving. Did you want to grab a bite to eat and we can talk about your console? I’d really love to hear about how you and Liam came about making it.”

I blinked a few times. Did she just ask me out for food? She totally asked me out for food. I had totally zoned out and when I pulled myself back to the situation at hand, she’d leaned in close and was waving her fingers in front of my face.

“Where’d you go?” She grinned as I jumped back a little.
“Sorry... I do that sometimes,” I quickly apologized. She shrugged and tilted her head to the side,
“So, what do you say?”
“I say... I’m hungry too. Let’s get you out of that suit and find a place to eat.”
She must have forgotten she was still in the gaming suit because she looked down at herself and giggled,
“Oh yeah... good idea.”
She was about to just pull it off but I quickly stepped up and stopped her,
“No no... I have to unhook the sensors first,” I said as I reached for the wires connected to the suit. I’d done this so many times today that I knew exactly where all the sensor wires lead to and quickly disconnected all of them.
“Okay, you can continue... just be gentle,” I instructed as I took a step back.

Her eyes locked with mine as she carefully stepped out of the suit. The look she gave me caused my stomach to tie up in knots and the breath to catch in my throat.
“Don’t worry... I’ll be careful,” she uttered in what I could have detected was some sort of seductive tone but I could have totally heard wrong. I swallowed the knot in my throat as she handed me the suit and I forced a smile.
“Thanks,” I managed before willing my legs to walk so that I could go store the suit away with the rest of the gaming gear. I looked back over towards her and watched her sway back and forth for a minute before saying anything. She swayed from heel to toe with her hands shoved into the back pockets of her jeans. She was wearing a geeky Star Wars t-shirt and surprisingly a pair of well worn converse shoes. I perked a brow curiously after noticing those then shook my head.

“Any suggestions as to where we should go for food?” I asked stupidly, trying to get rid of the awkward silence that had taken refuge in the room. She looked over towards me and shrugged innocently.
“I figured, we go down a street and whichever place looks good, we try it?”
I nodded and walked over to the table, picking up my bag and the keys to lock up the room.
“All right... I can roll with that.”
She looked at me, perking a brow; I could notice a smile fighting its way onto her lips.
“You can roll with that?” she repeated before breaking into a huge grin.
It was then that I decided I wasn’t going to consciously try to impress her. I was just going to be myself and see where that took me. If she thought I was lame then she wouldn’t have come back today or invited me to join her for supper.
“It was either roll or dig... I figured roll sounded less gangster.”
She nodded slowly,
“Good choice...”
She pulled her hands out of her pockets and crossed her arms over her stomach. She tilted her head to the side causing some of her red curls to fall forward.
“Got everything?”
“Hija’” I said without even thinking and I quickly slung my bag over my shoulder and made my way to the door. I motioned for her to go first so that I could lock the door behind us. She stopped at the door and looked at me.

“Was that Klingon?”
“Nooo! No, no it was not Klingon.” I tried to play it cool but she obviously saw through me and just smirked, stepping back to let me lock up. I busied myself with locking up the door but tried to come up with something to say if she said another remark regarding how I randomly answer in Klingon sometimes.
“Mmmhmm...” she simply sounded as we started to head towards the exit of the convention centre. I fiddled with my backpack strap before looking over at her and pointing out,
“Well, you noticed it.”
We simply exchanged a look and grinned goofily at each other. We made our way out to the streets and stopped at the first interesting place we came across which happened to be a 24h diner. It was one of those diners that tried to recreate the 80s. The waitresses were dressed up and they had the hold style booths and I even noticed a jukebox machine in the corner. The walls were painted with a bright yellow and there were bright neon lights in the windows. We stood awkwardly at the entrance. I was unsure if we could just take a seat or if we had to wait to be seated.

A waitress with a hairdo that I was certain required at least two jumbo cans of hairspray motioned us from behind the counter to sit down. I looked around and found the perfect booth. I reached out and gently grabbed Lena’s arm before heading over to the booth in the corner near the window. No more than two seconds after sitting down, the same waitress made her way over with a set of menus. She handed one to each of us and smiled,

“Hello Ladies, in town for the convention?”
I opened the menu and flipped through until I found the section for their drinks. I scanned quickly until I’d found their milkshake list. Diners were the best for milkshakes. I looked up and smiled back,
“What tipped you off?” I asked, genuinely curious. She simply shrugged and pointed to Lena’s shirt.
“I just assumed... we get a lot of people from the convention, since it’s down the road and all,” she looked over to Lena and smiled.
“Awfully quiet, dear. Anything I can get you?”
She shook her head,
“Just some water for now?”

Miss hairspray looked over to me and tilted her head to the side,
"What about you, sweetheart?”
“I’m going to try your chocolate milkshake,” I pointed to the menu and tapped it right where the chocolate milkshake was listed. She nodded before heading off to get our drinks. I placed the menu down flat onto the table and crossed my arms over it before leaning onto the edge. Lena looked over to me and pulled at her t-shirt,
“That geeky, hmm?”
“Ohhh... definitely,” I noticed the small shift in her demeanour before adding, “But... I love it.”

She perked an eyebrow as she let go of her t-shirt and shifted in her seat. She finally opened the menu and started to browse it silently. I pretended to do the same but I kept looking up at her as she scanned the items on the menu. I leaned back to flip the page of the menu. I finally spotted something worthy of trying and closed it before leaning back into the booth. I crossed my arms over my stomach and watched her. I didn’t even notice that she’d stopped looking through the menu until she cleared her throat.

“Sorry... I must have dazed off.”
“What were you thinking about?”
“I was pondering the reasons that you’re drawn to the geek world...”
She closed her menu slowly before leaning forward and beckoning me closer with her index. I leaned in close and she began to whisper,
“It’s a secret.”
I didn’t move back just yet. My eyes scanned her facial features. She had the cutest freckles splayed across her nose and a little bit on her cheeks. They popped due to the fairness of her skin. And her eyes... don’t get me started on her eyes! They were a mixture of a light green and grey and they seemed hold a secret. There was more to this girl than anyone could ever imagine and at that moment, I hoped that I would get to see that side of her. I wanted to see the side hidden behind the beautiful eyes.
“C’mon... what got you into the gaming world? Tell me your story...”

The waitress came back with my milkshake and Lena’s water. She placed them respectively in front of us and stood back up.
“Are you gals ready to order?” She pulled out her notepad and waited.
“Yeah, I think so...” I looked over to Lena and she nodded. I motioned to her to go first. She sat up more properly as she gave her order,
“I’d like the Club Sandwich... but, could you add cheese and take off the tomatoes?”
I sat there completely taken aback that she ordered exactly what I was ordering down to the extra cheese and no tomatoes. The waitress nodded and smiled,
“Of course, anything else?”
Lena flipped the menu to look at the drinks before looking back up to the waitress,
“And a lemonade, please?”
She nodded before turning towards me,
“And for you, dear?”
I laughed nervously,
“Actually... the exact same as her minus the lemonade.”
“All right, that won’t be long.”
She walked off with our orders and I looked over to Lena who was already giving me a questioning look.

“What?” I asked defensively and she simply shrugged.
“Nothing... it’s just amusing that we ordered the exact same thing. Not just the club but down to the last detail.”
I shrugged before grinning,
“What? I like cheese... and not tomatoes.”
She leaned forward and asked,
“Do you like ketchup?”
I frowned and gave her a ‘are you serious?’ look.
“What kind of question is that?” I asked jokingly. She shook her head and laughed,
“Just a question. I don’t like tomatoes but I like ketchup.”
“Same,” I added.
She waved a finger at me and laughed nervously,
“Now you’re just doing it to creep me out!”

I shook my head and raised my hands up towards the ceiling. I added in a shrug in the hopes to pull off my innocent act. Of course, I wasn’t just doing it to creep her out. I was being truthful. It just so happened we had more in common than just games.

“Do you speak any other fictional languages besides Klingon?” She randomly asked which took me slightly off guard. She’d derailed the food train onto a completely different subject. I didn’t mind but it rattled me for a second. I had to readjust and put myself into a different state of mind. I shook my head,
“Nope... what about you?”
“There are a few,” she said without elaborating. I sat back into the booth and looked at her suspiciously.
“You only tell people what you want them to know, hm? Leave them wanting more?”
“I’m a riddle wrapped in a mystery covered by an enigma.”
“That’s a lot of secrecy. Doesn’t that get tiring?”
“No,” she smiled sweetly.
“Tease...” I muttered just as the waitress brought us our sandwiches.

For a second, I was sure she hadn’t heard me but she looked up and shot me a look that told me otherwise. I froze for a moment before reaching out for the ketchup just as she did. Our fingers brushed and I quickly pulled my hand back just as she did the same. I grabbed the ketchup and handed it to her.
“Thanks,” she silently muttered. She handed it back to me once she was done and we sat in silence for the better half of our meal. I silently glanced outside of the window once we were done, sipping on my milkshake.
“Is it any good?”

I whipped my head back to look at her, the straw still in my mouth.
“Hm?”
“The milkshake...” she motioned towards it, “Is it any good?”
I nodded as I took another sip.
“Want to try?” I offered, letting go of the straw and extending it towards her.

She shook her head and pushed my hand back towards me. She quickly grabbed for the tin the rest of my milkshake was in and stuck her tongue out at me. I should have seen that coming. I shrugged and motioned for her to go ahead.
“I’m full anyways... I don’t think I can even finish what’s in my cup,” I looked down at the milkshake in my glass and eyed it, trying to size it up. Did I have room left? I shook my head and placed the cup down on the table.
“Nope...” I let out an exaggerated sigh before attempting to catch the attention of our waitress. I looked back to see Lena had finished off the remnants of my milkshake and was patting her stomach happily.
“You were right. It is good.”
I narrowed my eyes at her playfully before looking towards the waitress who handed us our bills. I looked at mine quickly before pulling out my wallet and flipping through it, pulling out the right amount of bills to cover the bill and tip. Lena did the same and I nearly burst out laughing at her wallet.

“You’re kidding me! Seriously?”
She looked at me after placing down her money. Her eyes drifted down towards her wallet,
“Yeah, got a problem with that?” She asked sounding almost offended. I shook my head and smiled,
“No, no. I love crossword puzzles. Can I take a look?”
She cast me a sideways glance as if trying to size me up. I extended my hand towards her and wiggled my fingers in the universal ‘gimme’ motion. She placed her wallet smack into my palm and continued to look at me seriously.

I examined the wallet but as I did, I noticed she was scribbling something onto the back of her bill. I paid no attention to it, I was sure that if I were to ask, she wouldn’t give me a straight up answer. I looked back down to the wallet. It was literally a wallet with a crossword puzzle on it. I was honestly amused at all the geeky gadgets this girl had.
“What else are you hiding?” I asked as I continued to examine the wallet. I was almost tempted to open it to take a look at her I.D. but I knew that most hated their photos and I subdued my curiosity and allowed her some privacy. After all, I hoped that some day she would show them to me willingly.

“Hm?” was all I heard in response.
“Well, you’ve got the watch, the wallet... what else is there?”
I looked up to see her face redden as she reached out to grab or more snatch the wallet from my hands.
“They’re just things my parents like to get me. I find them cute, okay?”
“So do I...” I pointed out with what I hoped was my most sincere tone.
“All right... if you get this wrong, it was nice talking to you. If you get this right, we’ll have to hang out again sometime. T.S. ...?”
“Elliot,” I answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “You’ll have to come up with something harder if you plan on not hanging out with me again,” I noted as I got up.

“What hotel are you staying at?”
“Hyatt, you?”
“Same... what floor are you on?”
“14th...”
Once she’d gotten up and we both were heading towards the exit of the diner, she began,
“You know that’s really...”
“The 13th, I know. It’s stupid how hotels think that by naming the actual 13th floor the 14th, it’ll make a big difference. I guess superstition goes far.”

She nodded and we continued small talk until we reached the Hyatt. We waited silently in the lobby for one of the elevators to reach the main floor. I would awkwardly glance towards her then back up towards the elevator panel. I’d catch her staring at me and then she’d do the exact same thing. Finally, the elevator bell dinged as one of the elevators reached the ground level. We stepped into the elevator and pressed the numbers of our floor. I watched as she pressed for the 6th floor. Damn, she’d be getting off before me. Nobody else joined us in the elevator and as the doors closed I felt like I should say something.

“Thanks for hanging out with me tonight...” I said stupidly and regretted it immediately. She smiled and nodded,
“Same... thanks for letting me try out your game. We didn’t really talk about it, eh? I guess we’ll have to have another dinner or outing when we’ll actually talk about it.”
I nodded,
“Yeah, definitely.”
Whoa, wait? Did she just ask me to hang out AGAIN? I shook my head and tried to not overanalyze the situation. The elevator lurched to a stop at the sixth floor and she took a step out into the hall before turning around.
“Thanks...” she mumbled, smiling. She leaned back into the elevator and handed me her bill she’d been scribbling on. I gave her a questioning glance and she simply smirked as she leaned back out. Just as the doors were closing, she gave a small wave and she disappeared. I looked down at the piece of paper and unfolded it.

Le ier bain.
“Great... she knows Elvish!” I mumbled to myself. The one language I always made fun of Liam for knowing. Now, I’d be forced to ask him what it meant. I was suddenly very curious to know what the note said. I went back to my room and looked at the time and frowned. I couldn’t possibly call him now, his parents would flip. I would just have to ask him what it meant in the morning.

Last edited by BooBear on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
PostSat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
NotGonnaGetUs32

BooBear wrote:
I have a few things up my sleeve, so.. who knows.
*watches you pull a rabbit out*

BooBear wrote:
Just keep reading and commenting. Thumb
What is "reading"?

BooBear wrote:
Chapter III
Look at you! Using those roman numerals. Fancy.

BooBear wrote:
As soon as she’d popped her head into the doorway, Liam had quickly gathered his things and deserted me.
On your own, kid.

QUICK! TAKE HER INTO YOUR ARMS, HIDE IN THE CLOSET, AND HAVE SOME PASSIONATE SEX!

BooBear wrote:
I knew he meant well but I felt insecure flying solo.
Pft. I bet he was just hiding in the corner, hoping it actually happened..with a video camera just happening to be in his hand. Er..i'm getting off track.

BooBear wrote:
He wasn’t now and I stood watching her as she finished testing out our system and game.
*watches awkwardly*
*breathes heavy*

BooBear wrote:
“Wow... that’s just amazing. I love it!” She turned around to face me but I could tell she was straining to spot me.
*cough* *waves slowly* right here..

BooBear wrote:
“I’m glad you liked it,” I took a few steps closer to her.
Oh shit. I first read that as "i i took a few steps closer to hit her." LOL.

BooBear wrote:
Little did she know that I had gone above and beyond our original plan for the console in the hoes to impress her.
Hehe. hoes.

BooBear wrote:
My fingers gently brushed the back of her hand and I couldn’t help but smile at the softness of her skin.

Yulia: MM WHAT LOTION DO YOU USE? YOUR HANDS ARE SO SILKY AND SOFT.
Lena: ...

BooBear wrote:
“So, what are your plans for the rest of the night?”

Yulia: you. me. bed.
Lena: ..?
Yulia: WHUT? SLEEPOVARR.

BooBear wrote:
Why was she so forward? Shouldn’t she be awkward and socially retarded like me?
Um. No?

BooBear wrote:
“I don’t know about you but I’m starving. Did you want to grab a bite to eat and we can talk about your console?
Console? Is that what you kids are calling it these days? When I was a teen, we called it se-

BooBear wrote:
I blinked a few times. Did she just ask me out for food?
*nod*

BooBear wrote:
She totally asked me out for food.
Damnstraight.

BooBear wrote:
“Where’d you go?” She grinned as I jumped back a little.
“Sorry... I do that sometimes,” I quickly apologized.
lol so I totally thought of that part in rat race where the dude randomly falls asleep LMAO

BooBear wrote:

“I say... I’m hungry too. Let’s get you out of that suit and find a place to eat.”
Mm take it off. Get her out of that suit.

Oh. Er. Sorry.

BooBear wrote:

She was about to just pull it off but I quickly stepped up and stopped her,
NO NO! Let me help take it off!

BooBear wrote:
“No no... I have to unhook the sensors first,” I said as I reached for the wires connected to the suit.
What an excuse.

BooBear wrote:
The look she gave me caused my stomach to tie up in knots and the breath to catch in my throat.
*twitch* *drool*

BooBear wrote:
“Don’t worry... I’ll be careful,” she uttered in what I could have detected was some sort of seductive tone but I could have totally heard wrong.
Oh hot.

BooBear wrote:
I swallowed the knot in my throat as she handed me the suit and I forced a smile.
*watches Yulia start to sweat uncontrollably*

BooBear wrote:
I looked back over towards her and watched her sway back and forth for a minute before saying anything.
Oh. I thought by swaying, she was gonna pass out or something.

BooBear wrote:
She swayed from heel to toe with her hands shoved into the back pockets of her jeans.
I do that.

BooBear wrote:
“I figured, we go down a street and whichever place looks good, we try it?”
But don't you hate when that place that looks delicious FUCKING SUCKS?

BooBear wrote:
“All right... I can roll with that.”
Word to my homies, yo.

BooBear wrote:
She looked at me, perking a brow; I could notice a smile fighting its way onto her lips.
LOL.

Lena: wtf did you just say, whitey?

BooBear wrote:
“It was either roll or dig... I figured roll sounded less gangster.”
GANGSTUHHHHH.

BooBear wrote:
“Was that Klingon?”
“Nooo! No, no it was not Klingon.”
Oh fail.

BooBear wrote:
We simply exchanged a look and grinned goofily at each other.
CHEMISTRYYY.

BooBear wrote:
A waitress with a hairdo that I was certain required at least two jumbo cans of hairspray motioned us from behind the counter to sit down.
Hodamn.

BooBear wrote:
I looked around and found the perfect booth.
It's better than all the other booths. FUCKERS.

BooBear wrote:
I reached out and gently grabbed Lena’s arm before heading over to the booth in the corner near the window.
She just wants to touch herrrr. ehehehe.

BooBear wrote:
I looked up and smiled back,
“What tipped you off?” I asked, genuinely curious.
And I totally thought that said "what ticked you off?" LOL. I have the worst issues reading.

BooBear wrote:
She simply shrugged and pointed to Lena’s shirt.
“I just assumed... we get a lot of people from the convention, since it’s down the road and all,” she looked over to Lena and smiled.
We get creeps like you dressed up like fucking yu-gi-oh all the time.

BooBear wrote:
I pretended to do the same but I kept looking up at her as she scanned the items on the menu.
Sketch.
Actually, I'd do the same.
And end up on the floor.
Because i'd have already passed out.

BooBear wrote:
I crossed my arms over my stomach and watched her. I didn’t even notice that she’d stopped looking through the menu until she cleared her throat.
LOL.
Lena: *picks head up from menu*
Yulia: *stares*
Lena: ...*shifts uncomfortably in seat*
Yulia: *stares*
Lena: 0_o *stares back*
Yulia: *stares while drool starts to trickle out lips*
Lena: *snaps fingers*
Yulia: Sorry. I have an..erm..sleeping disorder.

Rat race...tehehehehhe.

BooBear wrote:
“Sorry... I must have dazed off.”
“What were you thinking about?”
Your sexy self.

BooBear wrote:
“I was pondering the reasons that you’re drawn to the geek world...”
Who says 'pondering'? LOL.

BooBear wrote:
She closed her menu slowly before leaning forward and beckoning me closer with her index. I leaned in close and she began to whisper,
“It’s a secret.”

Yulia: SECRET, MY ASS! *PULLS CLOSER INTO A KISS*

BooBear wrote:
I didn’t move back just yet.
She's waiting for it.

BooBear wrote:
And her eyes... don’t get me started on her eyes!
Don't get her started!

BooBear wrote:
I hoped that I would get to see that side of her.
She's hoping to see a lot of sides of her. Heh.

BooBear wrote:
I wanted to see the side hidden behind the beautiful eyes.
Or the side hidden behind the clothes.

Oh my god, I'm horrible.

BooBear wrote:
I sat there completely taken aback that she ordered exactly what I was ordering down to the extra cheese and no tomatoes.
HOSHIATNOWAYZ.

BooBear wrote:
“And a lemonade, please?”
I.EFFING.LOVE.LEMONADE.

BooBear wrote:
She leaned forward and asked,
“Do you like ketchup?”
I fucking love ketchup.

BooBear wrote:
“Just a question. I don’t like tomatoes but I like ketchup.”
“Same,” I added.
*raises hand in the air* SAME, GURLIES! SAME!

BooBear wrote:
“There are a few,” she said without elaborating.
Geek. I speak EN-GUL-ESH.

BooBear wrote:
I sat back into the booth and looked at her suspiciously.
“You only tell people what you want them to know, hm? Leave them wanting more?”
*Chris Crocker voice* ALL YOU WANT IS MORE! MORE MORE MORE!

BooBear wrote:
Our fingers brushed and I quickly pulled my hand back just as she did the same.
*flail* HOSHIAT THEY TOUCHED AGAINNN.

BooBear wrote:
“Is it any good?”
WHY DONTCHOO FIND OUT?

BooBear wrote:
I would awkwardly glance towards her then back up towards the elevator panel. I’d catch her staring at me and then she’d do the exact same thing.
Lena's gonna take her in the elevator. It's always the quiet ones.

BooBear wrote:
Whoa, wait?
OH HOLD TEH PHONE!

BooBear wrote:
Did she just ask me to hang out AGAIN?
I THINK SHE DID.

BooBear wrote:
She leaned back into the elevator and handed me her bill she’d been scribbling on.

Bill: Meet me in my room in 10 minutes. The door will be unlocked.

BooBear wrote:
I looked down at the piece of paper and unfolded it.

Le ier bain.
“Great... she knows Elvish!” I mumbled to myself.
Reminds me of elvis. LOL.

BooBear wrote:
I would just have to ask him what it meant in the morning.
dun dun dun!

OH MY EFFING JESUS.
SO THIS COMMENT TOOK A GOOD 30 MINUTES TO DO *GLARE*
But totally worth it. I love doing these things..especially foh yo fics.
OKAY. SO I HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER TO DO. BUT THIS ONE WAS FABULOUS.

I LOVE THEIR CONNECTION.

Last edited by NotGonnaGetUs32 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Feb 21, 2009 12:36 am
theone

aawee their date was so cute!

PostSat Feb 21, 2009 1:22 am
swarm012

nerd dates!

hmmmmmmm...now volkova has to learn elven..or whatever....

yay! an update! more soon?
PostSat Feb 21, 2009 3:43 am
Tenshi

hehe Im loving this fic! do wonder what Lena wrote :P

Do you guys remember me? xP Mischa is back or as you guys called me back in the day Michan ;P
PostSat Feb 21, 2009 8:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
English_Girl_Katie

Wow they really are geeks.

Cute geeks though Wink
PostSat Feb 21, 2009 2:09 pm
*Mimi*

When I picture Lena with the Star Wars shirt, wearing glasses, the nerd watch, the crossword puzzle wallet, etc. I have to say............ LENA KATINA IS THE HOTTEST NERD EVER IN THIS PLANET!!!!! :rofl:

There date is very cute!! I wonder what the message says! Grin

Update soon!!! Grin

PostSat Feb 21, 2009 10:34 pm
Rae

Words can't describe how much I love this fiiiiiiiiic

Love <<<<<<< that's me and this fic. Yeah, I just used personalization in a BIG way.

Being a nerd/geek (nerk?) myself, I can appreciate it on so many levels. I WANT MOAR! MOOOOARR!

and please oh please, put in a reference to those ridiculous "cavity" entrances in the sailor moon movie. i will honest to god love you forever if you do. DO IT! DO IT!
PostSun Feb 22, 2009 7:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BooBear

Rae wrote:

and please oh please, put in a reference to those ridiculous "cavity" entrances in the sailor moon movie. i will honest to god love you forever if you do. DO IT! DO IT!

Weren't those absolutely ridiculous?! Like.. haha.. such a good laugh!

PostSun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 pm
BooBear

Rae
I know, right? I mean, I'm not going to toot my own horn but I do have to say that sometimes I'm just like... "awwww!" and considering you know what the Elvish means.. you little nerd! ;)

I shall say one thing... OMFG ZOMBIES! :lala:

*Mimi*
Date? Yeahh.. I guess it wasn't official but I did want it to seem like a date. Lena is sneaky like that. Wink And I was hoping Lena would be well enough portrayed to be the hottest nerd ever. :D

English_Girl_Katie
That they are, my friend. That they are. :D

Gotta love it though. :thumbsup:

Tenshi
Glad you like it so far! You shall find out what she wrote in this update!

swarm012
Nerd dates are like awesome, yooo! Update soooon! Yes.. like now!

theone
I was aiming for cute! Glad I achieved it!

NotGonnaGetUs32
Although you didn't write it here, I know you enjoyed the update.

I'm still waiting though.. Squint

With that said, I hope you guys enjoy the next update! :D

--------------

Chapter IV

I grumbled as I rolled around in bed and squinted at the alarm clock. It was so early! I was awake though and I wish I wasn’t. I was having the most amazing dream ever. My eyes shot wide and locked onto the piece of paper Lena had scribbled on last night and I jumped out of bed. I took one of the quickest showers I have ever taken and I was so distracted that when I stepped out, I was questioning if I even washed my hair.
I finished getting dressed and now I was paranoid that I hadn’t washed my hair. I pulled a strand of wet hair and sniffed it. It smell strongly of my shampoo and that could only mean that I did in fact wash it. I sighed and grabbed my phone and room key, shoving them into my pockets. I was about to head out the door when I realized I’d forgotten the piece of paper.

“Oh shit,” I rushed back to my nightstand and scooped it up before rushing back out of my room. I took the stairs because I didn’t feel like waiting for the elevator. As I made my way down the stairs, I stared at her writing on the paper. She had beautiful writing. I hadn’t been paying attention and took an extra step into midair once I’d reached the bottom where there were no steps anymore and awkwardly stepped into emptiness. I looked around quickly to see if anyone had witnessed my stupidity. Nobody was around thankfully.

I made my way through the main lobby and out the front doors. I knew exactly how to get to Liam’s house from the hotel since I’d walked it several times with him before and his parents have lived on the same street since they moved to Atlanta. I shook my wrist to get my watch to face me and checked the time. I would definitely be walking him up.

“I’ll need coffee,” I muttered to myself and took a turn on the next street. I clumsily reached for my cell phone and nearly dropped it. I looked at the time and sighed.
“Yeah, he’s going to kill me.”

Any normal person would just wait ‘til they saw him but I couldn’t wait. What if I ran into her before I knew what she’d written? That would just be embarrassing! I walked into a Starbucks and frowned as I looked at the line of people waiting for their morning caffeine fix. Why weren’t these people in bed? I fiddled with my phone and opened up a blank text message box and quickly typed something and sent it to Liam. I could at least give him some sort of warning. I doubt he’d read it though. The line slowly progressed and soon I found myself in front of the cashier.

“Hi, what can we get you?”
I drummed the counter top as I listed off what I wanted,
“I’ll have a Venti Bold and a Venti Vanilla Earl Grey Misto with skim and no foam.”
“That’ll be...”
“Oh! And a lemon poppy seed loaf,” I grinned as she shot me a look before calling out my order. I gave her the money for my order and she handed me my change with the same look as before. I goofily waved as I picked up Liam’s coffee and my lemon poppy seed loaf then went to the end of the bar to wait for my tea.

I busied myself fixing up Liam’s coffee until I heard the barista call out my drink. I closed up his coffee and stuck one of the green Siren sticks in the top to stop it from leaking. I grabbed my tea and placed a coffee sleeve on it as well as one on Liam’s before picking up the brown paper bag containing my breakfast between my index and middle finger. I could have easily asked for a tray but I didn’t want to. I headed back out onto the street and continued my walk down to his house as I sipped my tea. We always had this argument about which was better coffee or tea. Nobody ever won because we both had good points but it all came down to preference. It’s the same for Star Wars and Star Trek. You can’t go about saying that Chewbacca is better than Spock or vice versa. It’s a matter of preference. Some preferred Star Wars while others worshiped Star Trek. It could also be like arguing whether Jabba the Hut or Jar Jar Binx was a better character throughout the series. An argument that Liam and I have had several times, mind you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But after a healthy heated argument all parties involved should be able to admit that nobody is ultimately right. I’ve seen some nasty verbal fights start over arguments regarding Star Wars or Star Trek. You think nerds don’t have it in them but you haven’t seen anything until you insult their religion.

I hopped up the steps to Liam’s house and rang the doorbell. I knew his parents were up, or at least his mother would be. She always was an early riser. I was right, she opened the door and smiled happily.
“Yulia! Good morning!”
She stepped aside to let me through and I smiled as I walked by,
“G’morning Mrs. Tran. Liam’s still asleep I assume?”
She nodded and I laughed as I kicked off my sneakers and headed to his room. I set down my paper bag and tea on his desk. Before flopping down onto his bed, I placed his coffee on his night stand. He didn’t really budge. He simply grumbled and shifted a little.

“Hey, Liam! I have a favour to ask you.”
He turned around to face me as if he just realized I was the heavy weight that magically appeared onto his bed.
“Yulia?”
I nodded and picked up his coffee, waving it in the air.
“I brought you coffee just the way you like it!”
He reached out for it but I pulled away,
“First, tell me what this means.”

I handed him the paper and he propped himself up, reaching for his glasses on the night stand. I jumped up and went back to his desk to begin to pick at my lemon loaf. I turned around and leaned back against it as he looked at the note.
“It’s in Elvish.”
“Tell me something I don’t know genius. What does it say?”
He squinted at it from behind his glasses and looked over at me,
“Who wrote this?”
“Doesn’t matter. Just tell me what it says.”
“You are beautiful.”
“Thanks but really what does it say?”
He rolled his eyes and shook his head,
“No, that’s what it says!”

I froze for a second, mid-way of bringing a piece of loaf to my mouth.
“You’re kidding!”
He shook his head once more as if for emphasis.
“Nope, that’s what it means.”
I quickly shoved the piece of loaf I had in my hand into my mouth and rushed over to Liam’s bed and swan dived onto it.
“She likes me!!!”
Liam was still half asleep and as he tried to push me off of him, he asked for clarification.
“Who?”
“She likes me! Oh my god! She actually likes me!”
I stared up at the ceiling, ignoring Liam and his attempts to get me off his bed.
“Who’s she?!”
I looked at him with wide eyes and grabbed his shoulders,
“The only she I care about! Lena! We had supper at a diner last night. She gave me that just before getting off on her floor at the hotel!”
“You what?”
I shook him violently without realizing just what I was doing.
“Oh my god! It was a date!”

He grabbed onto my arms and attempted to get me to stop.
“Whoa... how much caffeine have you had this morning?”
“Only that!” I pointed towards my Starbucks cup on his desk across the room.
“Take a breather pep pill,” he pushed me down onto the bed before grabbing his coffee and getting out of bed.
“Thanks for the coffee. I’ll be back in a minute.”
He walked off out into the hallway as he sipped his coffee. I knew he wouldn’t be back in a minute. He was going to take a shower. I had too much energy for him in the morning. My eyes darted back to the bill from the diner and I quickly snatched it back up to look at it. I breathed in deeply and held it close as I stared up at the ceiling again.
“She likes me...”

I must have dazed off because twenty minutes later Liam was back in his room and he was completely dressed.
“Hey, spazz!”
I shook my head and looked over to him,
“Hm?”
“Ready to head over to the centre?”
I nodded, getting out of his bed. I took out my wallet and placed Lena’s message carefully among my money. I felt creepy keeping it but she did give it to me after all. I checked the time as I slid my shoes back on and waved goodbye to Liam’s mother.

“I’ll call you later, mom!” he shouted as he closed the door. I waited for him out on the sidewalk. It suddenly hit me. I knew what the message meant. She’d expect me to know what it meant. What would I say in return? I grabbed Liam’s arm and tugged him closer. I whispered,

“I don’t know what to say in response. What do I say?”
He laughed and pulled my hands off of his arm,
“I’ve never seen you so worked up over something,” he paused before continuing, “Except that one time when the console wasn’t working and you didn’t know what was wrong.”
He broke out into a smile and I simply glared at him,
“I’m glad my situation is amusing to you! Help me! What should I say in return?”
“You’re asking me? I’ve never had a girlfriend, remember?”
I narrowed my eyes at him. He did have a point. Why did he have to be right?
“Well, you know Elvish. Tell me something I can say back in return.”

As we walked towards the centre, we went back and forth in our conversation. He would make a suggestion but I would simply shake my head and tell him to think of something else. At one point, Liam got so exasperated he simply told me to tell her something in English. I snapped and exclaimed that was so unromantic. He backed off and we were silent for a few minutes before our conversation picked up again.

It was when we finally reached the centre that he had suggested one that I agreed upon. We spent a good fifteen minutes inside our room setting up the station for another day. As we did, he kept asking me to repeat it to make sure I was pronouncing it properly and after having said it a million times, he was finally content with my pronunciation.

“It’s about time! I’ve said it like... “
“I just don’t want you to make a fool of yourself,” he exclaimed as he took a seat.
“Thanks,” I smiled as I finished plugging in the last wire. He waved me off as he slouched into his chair.
“So, how are you going to find her?”
“What do you mean?”
“Did you she say she’d come see you, or did you settle a place to meet?”
I frowned as I dropped the wires and shook my head,
“No, nothing of that.”
“So... I repeat, how are you going to find her?”

I sighed and stood there as I wracked my brain for an answer. Nothing came. Not immediately anyways. I snapped my fingers and pointed at him as I walked towards the door,
“I know!”
I disappeared for a moment and I knew Liam must be sitting in his chair completely perplexed as to what I was on to. I went to the registration table and grabbed a pamphlet for the weekend’s schedule and rushed back to our game room.

I waved the pamphlet around triumphantly and grinned.
“Oh genius, you have a schedule!” He exclaimed before adding, “That’s going to help how?”
I shot him a glare as I opened up the pamphlet,
“You’re such a pessimist. Remind me why I’m friends with you?”
I dragged my finger down today’s schedule before exclaiming,
“Ah ha! Found it” I tapped the paper. Liam leaned in closer and remarked,
“Hmm... good one. She’s obviously going to be there.”
“See... I can take care of myself,” I beamed but Liam still seemed unsatisfied.
“There are going to be at least a hundred people at that game. You’re going to ditch me for a while today, aren’t you?” he asked solemnly. I patted his shoulder and said,
“Don’t worry. I’ll buy you lunch or something. I’ll find her. How many girls with bright red hair can be going to this thing? Besides, I’ve been able to find her every previous year.”
“All right, give me the sentence one more time!” He demanded. I looked at him and sighed. Some days, he could be persistent but I was thankful of having him as a friend.

Two o’clock came around way to fast and I was standing in the middle of a huge gathering of convention goers who were attending this specific event. I had a feeling she was going to be here based on the conversation we had the other day. She liked board games and this was definitely one event someone who likes board games would not miss.
I stood up on my toes to scan the crowd and fell back flat on my feet with a sigh. This was going to take some time. I walked around, pushing my way through groups of people dressed up as their favourite fictional character or clan. I spotted an empty chair and rushed to it. I climbed up onto it and started my sweep of the heads of those gathered.

“Red... red... where are you?”
My eyes locked on a flash of red making its way through the crowd. I narrowed my eyes and tried to focus before making a mad dash towards the redhead.
“It’s her!” I said out loud for myself more than anyone else around me. I jumped down from the chair and quickly made my way towards her. We almost walked right into each other and I profusely apologized,

“I’m sorry,” I exclaimed. She shook her head and sweetly smiled,
“Don’t worry about it. What are you doing here?” she asked. She was with her friends. I recognized them. They didn’t know me but I definitely knew them. I suddenly felt my palms beginning to sweat and I wiped them on my jeans.

“Um...” I felt extremely conscious of everything. The way I looked, my mannerisms, my words, everything. Without noticing, I began to recite Pi and Lena leaned in closer towards me. She looked worried. Was she worrying about me? That made me feel even worse. I couldn’t find my words. She turned towards her friends and told them something that I couldn’t hear. The noisy convention centre went eerily quiet as my nerves got the best of me. She reached out for my hand and lead me out of the crowded area. Even after we were out of the gathered group, she continued to walk towards one of the exits. She didn’t let go of my hand even once we were outside. It was immediate, the outside air hit me instantly and I felt revived. I was still nervous but I was more conscious of what was going on. I could hear my thoughts again and they jumped to ‘holy shit, she’s holding your hand.’ My eyes dropped to our hands and I smiled a little. As if she’d noticed my smile, she let go of my hand and buried both of hers into her back pockets like she’d done the previous night.

“Are you okay?” She asked.
I nodded and brushed my hands down my jeans again.
“Yeah... I’m fine,” I frowned, “I don’t know what happened in there.”
“Not good in big crowds?”
I shook my head,
“No... I’m usually good with those,” I said.
She nodded slowly before looking around. The sun was shining bright and it hit her hair in such an angle that it caused it to look on fire.
“Le ier melui. Im mela leen celeir ah leen lalaith,” You are lovely. I love your eyes and your hair. I finally managed to get it out. I hoped I hadn’t messed up the pronunciation, especially since I was trying to pay her a compliment.

Her cheeks turned a bright red and I knew I hadn’t messed up. She shyly replied,
“Lay hannon”
I frowned and laughed nervously,
“I don’t know what that means,” I admitted in defeat.
“It means thank you.”
I stood awkwardly, shifting my weight from one foot to the other. There was nobody outside at the moment, at least not at this door. I looked down towards the ground and kicked a rock gently.
“You’re welcome,” I mumbled under my breath.

We stood in silence after that. It must have been five minutes or so before I heard her sigh. I wasn’t sure if it was out of boredom or impatience. I looked up to her and she tilted her head to the side and flatly said,

“Why haven’t you kissed me yet?”
I froze. I stopped shuffling my feet and shifting my weight. I might have even stopped breathing for a second. I looked at her and noticed just how adorable she looked when she was slightly ticked off. Her eyebrows were slightly furrowed and her cheeks were still tinted with a light shade of red.

“I... um...” I stumbled to find my words and for the strangest reason, I heard Liam’s voice in my head shouting ‘Just do it!’ I hesitantly closed the gap between us. She didn’t move. Her eyes didn’t stray. They were locked on mine and it was perhaps the first time, I was ever able to look straight into someone’s eyes. I always looked a little to the side, or their nose, or somewhere else on their face. Never directly in the eyes.

“I’m waiting...” she said with a hint of amusement in her voice. She was demanding but she definitely didn’t seem like she’d make the first move. I awkwardly began to inch closer and just when our lips were about to touch, she hastily closed the gap. Our lips met and it was as if a jolt traveled through my entire body. I gently brushed my lips against hers and begged for no more. This was absolutely perfect. It was possibly the most innocent kiss ever, only lips but it still caused my head to spin. I reluctantly pulled myself away and opened my eyes slowly, feeling as if I’d been drugged. It was amazing. I wanted to kiss her again. I watched her as she reached up, bringing her finger tips to lightly touch her lips then smile.

“I’m glad you figured out my note,” she whispered before cheerily turning around and walking back into the centre leaving me completely speechless. I couldn’t will my legs to run after her. I stood there dumbfounded, completely taken aback at what had just happened. Once I had regain control over my mobile functions, I reached for my cell and found Liam’s number, immediately calling him. I needed to tell someone, anyone, that I had kissed the most gorgeous redhead!

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 am
volchiseO1

UHM. I spy someone's favorite Starbucks drink:

BooBear wrote:
“I’ll have a Venti Bold and a Venti Vanilla Earl Grey Misto with skim and no foam.”

London Fog I believe you said some call it, yes?

:D I shall be back tomorrow to divvy this up.
PostMon Feb 23, 2009 12:41 am
AnimeInu

Oh gosh, this is so adorably fucking cute I can't take it! <3

And..the only thing better then gaming is...sex, hehe Devil

VERY good fic, BooBear, and for the record I love your writing style Smile

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 2:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
swarm012

nerd cute. lol.

gosh...i really like lena in this...funny!

update soon.
PostMon Feb 23, 2009 4:18 am
Mikansei no Ai

Total nerd moment.

You've made me want to play Elder Scrolls IV again. Reminding people of Elves. :D

lol

I'm in LURVE with this story! Grin Grin
PostMon Feb 23, 2009 8:39 am
Volkster

Quote:

Priceless line!! Grin and so cute! Thumb

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostMon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 am
English_Girl_Katie

Quote:
You think nerds don’t have it in them but you haven’t seen anything until you insult their religion.

That line made me laugh so hard!

Lena is gonna be the dominant one in bed! Wink

Great update. Thumb
PostMon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 pm
NotGonnaGetUs32

BooBear wrote:
NotGonnaGetUs32
Although you didn't write it here, I know you enjoyed the update.
Bahaha.

BooBear wrote:
I'm still waiting though.. Squint
*glare*

BooBear wrote:
Chapter IV
check out dem romans.

BooBear wrote:
I grumbled as I rolled around in bed and squinted at the alarm clock.
Sorry Yulia, it appears you've woken up in an empty bed.

BooBear wrote:
It was so early! I was awake though and I wish I wasn’t. I was having the most amazing dream ever.
I hate that. You have the most fantastic dream and end up waking earlier than USUAL. Then you go back to sleep and dream about something totally different..if you end up dreaming again. It's just like FML.

BooBear wrote:
My eyes shot wide and locked onto the piece of paper Lena had scribbled on last night and I jumped out of bed.
*shriek* HIDDEN MESSAGE!

BooBear wrote:
I finished getting dressed and now I was paranoid that I hadn’t washed my hair.
LMAO. She can do it later.

BooBear wrote:
I pulled a strand of wet hair and sniffed it. It smell strongly of my shampoo and that could only mean that I did in fact wash it.
Good job, Yulia.

BooBear wrote:
I was about to head out the door when I realized I’d forgotten the piece of paper.
CALM DOWN, GURL. YOU GON' CRASH INTAH SOMETING IF JOOH KEEP IT UP.

BooBear wrote:
“Oh shit,”
HOSHIAT.

BooBear wrote:
I took the stairs because I didn’t feel like waiting for the elevator.
Now watch her miss a step and go tumbling down.

BooBear wrote:
I hadn’t been paying attention and took an extra step into midair once I’d reached the bottom where there were no steps anymore and awkwardly stepped into emptiness.
LMFAO.

BooBear wrote:
I looked around quickly to see if anyone had witnessed my stupidity. Nobody was around thankfully.
That'd suck if Lena was watching.

BooBear wrote:
“Yeah, he’s going to kill me.”
But it's worth it.

lol..watch the note just be like.."HI YULIA! TEHEHE!"

BooBear wrote:
What if I ran into her before I knew what she’d written? That would just be embarrassing!
AND AWKWARD!
Lena: *shy* did you read my note?
Yulia: *blank face* I..er..about that..
Lena: *thinks Yulia is creeped out by message* I..UM..JUST FORGET I SAID IT. BYE.

BooBear wrote:
I drummed the counter top as I listed off what I wanted,
Idk wtf that means.

BooBear wrote:
I grabbed my tea and placed a coffee sleeve on it as well as one on Liam’s before picking up the brown paper bag containing my breakfast between my index and middle finger. I could have easily asked for a tray but I didn’t want to.
Fuck trays! It’s all about taking the risk of picking up a bajillion things at once, just to see if they’ll fall or not! Bwahaha!

BooBear wrote:
We always had this argument about which was better coffee or tea.
I don’t like coffee. And it’s bad for the teeth. So..tea ftw.

BooBear wrote:
It’s the same for Star Wars and Star Trek.
lol..neither for me.

BooBear wrote:
“Hey, Liam! I have a favour to ask you.”
*snicker* favour.

BooBear wrote:
He turned around to face me as if he just realized I was the heavy weight that magically appeared onto his bed.
“Yulia?”
NAH. LUKE, I AM JOH FAJAHHH.

BooBear wrote:
He reached out for it but I pulled away,
“First, tell me what this means.”
hodamn. Making him work for it.

BooBear wrote:
He squinted at it from behind his glasses and looked over at me,
“Who wrote this?”
Santa.

BooBear wrote:
“Doesn’t matter. Just tell me what it says.”
*reads* I..never..want..to see you..again. And, you’re ugly.

BooBear wrote:
“You are beautiful.”
Or that.

BooBear wrote:
“Thanks but really what does it say?”
He rolled his eyes and shook his head,
“No, that’s what it says!”
HOSHIAT.

BooBear wrote:
I froze for a second, mid-way of bringing a piece of loaf to my mouth.
holdtehmotherfuckingphone.

BooBear wrote:
I quickly shoved the piece of loaf I had in my hand into my mouth and rushed over to Liam’s bed and swan dived onto it.
LMFAO. SWAN DIVE! She should do that in Lena’s bed and see what happens.

BooBear wrote:
“Who’s she?!”
YOUR MOTHER, LIAM! ISN’T THAT FABULOUS?

BooBear wrote:
“Whoa... how much caffeine have you had this morning?”
“Only that!” I pointed towards my Starbucks cup on his desk across the room.
*flaming torch* DOWN WITH STARBUCKS! TURNING OUR PEOPLE INTO CRAZIES.
BooBear wrote:
I breathed in deeply and held it close as I stared up at the ceiling again.
“She likes me...”
*plays cheesy lovey music*

BooBear wrote:
I took out my wallet and placed Lena’s message carefully among my money.
freak.

I felt creepy keeping it but she did give it to me after all. I checked the time as I slid my shoes back on and waved goodbye to Liam’s mother.

BooBear wrote:
“I’ve never seen you so worked up over something,” he paused before continuing, “Except that one time when the console wasn’t working and you didn’t know what was wrong.”
If that happened to me, I’d probably throw it against the wall, watch it smash, and demand a new one. A new one that works.

BooBear wrote:
“You’re asking me? I’ve never had a girlfriend, remember?”
Nerd fail.

BooBear wrote:
At one point, Liam got so exasperated he simply told me to tell her something in English. I snapped and exclaimed that was so unromantic.
She’s right. Professing your love to someone in a completely different, made up language is the epitome of “I want you in my pants.”

BooBear wrote:
“So... I repeat, how are you going to find her?”
Creepy stalking. Duh.

BooBear wrote:
I sighed and stood there as I wracked my brain for an answer.
COME ON, BRAIN.

BooBear wrote:
Nothing came.
COME ON, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!

BooBear wrote:
“There are going to be at least a hundred people at that game. You’re going to ditch me for a while today, aren’t you?” he asked solemnly. I patted his shoulder and said,
“Don’t worry. I’ll buy you lunch or something.
Bribing with food, I see.

BooBear wrote:
“I’m sorry,” I exclaimed. She shook her head and sweetly smiled,
“Don’t worry about it. What are you doing here?” she asked. She was with her friends.
Oh shit. She has friends.

BooBear wrote:
They didn’t know me but I definitely knew them.
Awkward.

BooBear wrote:
I suddenly felt my palms beginning to sweat and I wiped them on my jeans.

“Um...” I felt extremely conscious of everything. The way I looked, my mannerisms, my words, everything.
*starts to pant*

BooBear wrote:
Without noticing, I began to recite Pi and Lena leaned in closer towards me.
HOSHIAT. NOTTEHPIE.

BooBear wrote:
She reached out for my hand and lead me out of the crowded area.
Sex in the closet.

BooBear wrote:
I could hear my thoughts again and they jumped to ‘holy shit, she’s holding your hand.’
I know, right?

BooBear wrote:
“Le ier melui. Im mela leen celeir ah leen lalaith,”
*nods slowly*

BooBear wrote:
You are lovely. I love your eyes and your hair.
Way to call her sexy.

BooBear wrote:
Her cheeks turned a bright red and I knew I hadn’t messed up.
SCORE.

BooBear wrote:
KDJLSDKJFDS

BooBear wrote:
I froze. I stopped shuffling my feet and shifting my weight. I might have even stopped breathing for a second.
UHEXCUSEME? WTFDIDYOUJUSTSAY?

BooBear wrote:
I looked at her and noticed just how adorable she looked when she was slightly ticked off. Her eyebrows were slightly furrowed and her cheeks were still tinted with a light shade of red.
*twitch*

BooBear wrote:
“I... um...” I stumbled to find my words and for the strangest reason, I heard Liam’s voice in my head shouting ‘Just do it!’
Yeah. Like the Nike logo. Just do it, yo.

BooBear wrote:
“I’m waiting...” she said with a hint of amusement in her voice. She was demanding but she definitely didn’t seem like she’d make the first move.
LOL. What good is that!?

BooBear wrote:
I awkwardly began to inch closer and just when our lips were about to touch, she hastily closed the gap.
WOOOOO!!!!!

BooBear wrote:
“I’m glad you figured out my note,” she whispered before cheerily turning around and walking back into the centre leaving me completely speechless.
Noo. Come back.

BooBear wrote:
Once I had regain control over my mobile functions, I reached for my cell and found Liam’s number, immediately calling him. I needed to tell someone, anyone, that I had kissed the most gorgeous redhead!
FTW.

BAHAHAHH THEY KISSEDDDDDD.
YEEESSSS.
SO EXCITEDDD. OMFGGGG. YESSSSS.
Hot. Cute. Whatever. I’M EXCITED. EHEHEHHEE.
They’re so adorable together. So nerdy. So innocent. LOVE IT.

UPDATE SOON. GRR. *evil glare*

Last edited by NotGonnaGetUs32 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Feb 23, 2009 6:26 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu Writing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: