:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
the drinking thread.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt

Post subject: the drinking thread. Reply with quote
So... when I go to get hammered I usually just pound out half a beer and I'm pretty loaded. and I'm talking real beer, not this lite crap. Okay, maybe it takes like 4-5 beers.

I guess what I want to know is what do y'all drink/what should I get crunk off of?

how deep does that rabbit hole go?
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 2:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
r.

Post subject: Reply with quote
I consider myself really good to drink with because I can drink beer, cocktails, mixes (like, as in rum and coke etc.) and (red) wine and champagne, so I can fit in with most. Considering how much I've eaten and my weight at the time, it usually takes me around 6 beers or three cocktails (they make them pretty strong here in good ol' Blighty) to get drunk in the good way.

I've got to stay away from shots though - and tequila. Half Frown if I drink anything with tequila, I'm bound to get ill - if not on the night, then the next morning, and the same happens with shots. Squint

I've been drinking with these forum people in the past: Maraja, BartyD and Laurenz, and then I've had a beer with tegal.

Maraja is really cute when she's drunk, btw. Grin
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 5:59 am
YaVernuz

r. wrote:
I've got to stay away from shots though - and tequila. Half Frown if I drink anything with tequila, I'm bound to get ill - if not on the night, then the next morning, and the same happens with shots. Squint

TEQUILA IS UNGODLY. It seriously just makes me sick every single time. One shot is enough to ruin my night.

Usually, I settle for Viva Passoa (i.e. Passoa Passion Fruit + OJ). Takes me about 6 to be drunk. Vodka-coke takes me about 4 to be absolutely pissed. I don't drink red wine, but white wine is tasty - although I never get drunk on wine.
And of course, good old bubbles. Grin Preferably Laurent Perrier. Grin Doesn't make me drunk either, but it's goddamn tasty.

Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth.
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 am
r.

YaVernuz wrote:
r. wrote:

TEQUILA IS UNGODLY. It seriously just makes me sick every single time. One shot is enough to ruin my night.

Tequila is ungodly, untasty and just pure hell... people have to stay away from it - unless they want to know what it's like to die the next day.
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 9:07 am
WalkingAngel

o-o red wine , vodka ... and RUM AND COKE =D
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 am
Lynnie

I like drinking Green Apple or Grape Smirknoffs. Add some salt to the Green Apple and it tastes like your eating one! It takes me about six or seven to get a good buzz.

I like to dance when I'm drunk, but never on stage! Only when I'm sober will that happen! Don't ask me why because for most people it's the other way around!

I also like drinking Rattlesnakes and depending on where you are from depends on how many it takes to get drunk. Normally I can hold down four and be really puckered up!

Just stay away if I'm drinking because I'm depressed or angry because that's when good things go bad. Also I tend to puke more when I'm upset!

Although I'm proud to say I've only gotten drunk enough to puke only 6 times in my entire life! Dunnno why I'm proud of that factor because most people know their limits, but not me when I'm upset!
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
matt

WalkingAngel wrote:
RUM AND COKE =D

While I'm a fan of captain and coke, I prefer captin and the doctor (pepper)

PostSat Dec 19, 2009 5:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ghosty

I've never drank before. Don't really want to try it either.

Nothing against you guys though! I just find it unappealing. Though I've almost been pressured into it. I'll wait until I'm 21, maybe then I'll try it. Which I highly doubt. ^^;
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 5:58 pm
matt

Ghosty wrote:

Nothing against you guys though! I just find it unappealing. Though I've almost been pressured into it. I'll wait until I'm 21, maybe then I'll try it. Which I highly doubt. ^^;

Yeah I was the same way. My family is full of alcoholics. I was like.. 21 and a half when I first drank.. maybe if I had more spending money I would drink more, but I might drink once-twice a month lol. Its not life changing in anyway its just an easy way to relax.

PostSat Dec 19, 2009 6:58 pm
Lynnie

Ghosty wrote:

I admire you for not wanting to drink. It's not fun when you drink to much!

Although WalkingAngel lives in Canada and they can drink at 19 legally.
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 7:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
amber93tattoo

I LIKE TEQUILA! No matter how much I drink I don't get sick or have a hangover the next day. The only alcohol I can't stand is wine, red and white, I hate the taste and the smell.

My favourite drink of this month is Baileys milkshakes. I like milkshakes and I like Baileys (who doesn't), and because it's so effing hot at the moment they're perfect.

I used to be able to drink almost a whole bottle of vodka and be completely sober (eep) but not anymore thank God.
PostSat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 pm
Starrgurl

I love rum and vodka, and I've never had any problems with tequila. I prefer the strong stuff but I'll drink beer and all that too. I'm not too into the fruity stuff but I can tolerate it.

I can handle my liquor pretty well, it takes a lot to get me drunk and even then I'm under control most of the time. I don't drink very often though, I have a life. But I'll get wasted when I have the chance.

There's no room for practicality
It sucks up all originality
A paradox in its finality
You create your own reality

Oh and a big thanx to Ghost Of You for the banner
PostSun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am
r.

Starrgurl wrote:
I don't drink very often though, I have a life.

Are you suggesting that people who go out every weekend or every day to drink with mates don't have a life?

I often drink with my boyfriend. Whether it's out in town or just at my place.
Then we enjoy some wine or a few beers or even crappy Jack Daniels with coke.
It's a part of the English lifestyle, and truth be told, I've seen lots of worse cases.
Like, the Wetherspoon pubs open at around 10 am. That's fine, because they also serve brunch. But everyone knows that it's the people, who go to the Wetherspoon pubs, go there at 10 am to get their first beer.
With people they feel safe with.

Now, it's typical alcoholic behaviour, but they're with people they can trust, and it's a part of their lifestyle. They're with the closest thing they can call mates, and some of them are actually enjoying it.

Now, it's fine that you disagree with their lifestyle, but don't say that they haven't got a life. Technically, if they didn't have a life, they'd be dead.
(I know what you mean though, so it's not a language barrier)
PostSun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm
IvyRevolution

r. wrote:
Technically, if they didn't have a life, they'd be dead.
(I know what you mean though, so it's not a language barrier)

LOL!
PostSun Dec 20, 2009 1:22 pm
Starrgurl

Lol I'm not saying they don't have a life. I was counteracting this girl I know who thinks my life revolves around alcohol (she thinks that about everybody who drinks), which is not even remotely true.

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 1:58 pm
jojotatu

I drink Vodka with lemonade or coke... it takes quite a few to to make me merry..
I also drink larger.. Fosters etc..

I could really drink...
I can't really drink that much these days.. As with a few health problems a few years ago....

There comes a time we all know,
There's a place that we must go,
Into the soul into the heart,
Into the dark..
PostMon Dec 21, 2009 3:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KatinasLove

I'm not too much into mixing drinks, but when I do it's normally vodka and Hawaiian Punch… or Dr. Pepper. Or all three Half Frown Sometimes I mix whatever my friends and I have at the house. Then that's when it starts tasting really horrible, but after awhile I don't care anymore. But yeah… I just like drinking the vodka straight. It´s better to me :/
Beer is one thing I will never drink again. I hate it. It taste absolutely horrible. Well, Corona is actually quite good… and Modelo. I like it because of my step dad. Hmmm…

*previously known as t.A.T.u-U.s.A.*
PostMon Dec 21, 2009 4:13 pm
IvyRevolution

t.A.T.u-U.s.A. wrote:
Beer is one thing I will never drink again. I hate it. It taste absolutely horrible.

I think beer is something you acquire a taste for. I never liked it much either, but I started drinking it again recently and now it's one of my favorites (out of all kinds of alcohol, I mean).
PostMon Dec 21, 2009 4:51 pm
Russianmusicandlove

I have a really slow metabolism so I'm a lightweight.

I don't like fruity drinks (as LTP was saying about Apple Smirnoff- gag me). It has to be straight vodka or nothin'. Don't mix my alcohol with fruit. If I want fruit, I'll go eat fruit. Not drink.

I also enjoy rum, cognac, and red wine.

I don't really drink so often (especially anymore) because of how easily drunk I get. One too many nights freshman year of college my friends had to carry me back to my dorm, or catch me before I hit on the RA while intoxicated (which would've meant trouble as I was underage). So for me drinking is usually fail unless it's just a bit with my gf on a romantic date.
PostTue Dec 22, 2009 4:50 am
r.

Russianmusicandlove wrote:
Don't mix my alcohol with fruit. If I want fruit, I'll go eat fruit. Not drink.

Scientist actually say that mixed fresh fruit with alcohol is healthier, because the alcohol activates all the healthy things in the fruit. (just a bit, don't overload the poor fruit with alcohol)

I absolutely love my fruit daiquries, though. Truth be told, I make a mean Forest Fruit Daquri if I must say so myself Grin
PostTue Dec 22, 2009 7:51 am
amber93tattoo

r. wrote:
Scientist actually say that mixed fresh fruit with alcohol is healthier, because the alcohol activates all the healthy things in the fruit.

*soaks apple in vodka* Mmmm Grin

Jagerbombs <3
PostThu Dec 24, 2009 6:52 am
Jayce

r. wrote:
Russianmusicandlove wrote:
Don't mix my alcohol with fruit. If I want fruit, I'll go eat fruit. Not drink.

Scientist actually say that mixed fresh fruit with alcohol is healthier, because the alcohol activates all the healthy things in the fruit.

It'll turn you into an alcoholic, but at least you'll be getting all your vitamins.

"Do not believe in press all that is written!" - Yulia Volkova, 2003
Sunrider is truly a ninja. - IvyRevolution
PostThu Dec 24, 2009 9:10 am
Yulka220

Hmm, an alcohol thread. Nice.

Loathe: Wine. Red, white, dry, whatever. It's all too bitter for my taste. Add whiskey here as well.

Love: Beer. Stella is and shall always be my favorite. Haven't found a beer that's outdone the Belgian brew yet.

The sex: Rum, Vodka (preferably Absolut), Tequila, and Bailey's. I prefer to have straight shots of the first three. Maybe chase with some salt and lime. And the Irish cream? Has anyone here ever tasted a buttery nipple? One part Bailey's + one part butterscotch Schnapps = heavenly.

-Banner by Ghosty-

"All I'll ever need in life is coffee and cigarettes."
"Won't that kill you?"
"The lack of sex? Nah, I'll deal."
"I meant the cigarettes."
PostMon May 10, 2010 5:49 pm
theone

hmmm i dont drink often but when i do its usually a smirnoff, with those it takes me about 5-6 to be a little tipsy. then theres the 100 banana vodka-didnt really like the taste but that def had me acting stupid after 3 cups lol mostly its vodka though

Meine machte leiblingsKusine

I still live with this everyday, my sister Laura is part mongolian rapist-Sarah Silverman
PostTue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm
r.

Yulka220 wrote:
Loathe: Wine. Red, white, dry, whatever. It's all too bitter for my taste. Add whiskey here as well.

Wine isn't bitter at all, though, and if you think so, it's because you buy crap wine. What humours me the most is that you say wine is too bitter for you, but you drink beer which is often described as having a harsh, bitter taste because of the malt. LOL. Sorry, just humours me. Seriously, next time you try wine, go to your super-market and buy an Australian or South African Cabernet-Sauvignon (the spelling's probably wrong), and if you still don't like wine, your loss. But I promise you it won't be bitter.

LOL and I love how people says "I CAN TAKE 6 OR MORE VODKA SHOTS BEFORE I GET TIPSY BUT I DON'T DRINK THAT OFTEN".
My wordS to you guys are: No, actually, you can't. 6 straight vodka shots gets in insanely quickly which means about an hour later when you only feel "tipsy", you're drunk. And getting drunker by the evening. And esp. if you don't drink that often.

I know I said below that I can get 6 beers without being really drunk. I was talking about bottled beer. In reality, I can drink about 2 and a half or 3 pints of beer and then I start feeling that I'm tipsy, and that's probably when I should have a water break. Again, about 3 cocktails I'm tipsy, 4 - I'm drunk but in control.

I'll go in the line with RMAL and be honest and say I'm quite the light-weight. I'm still the lucky one getting to carry my flatmate home as she's wasted by 3 cocktails Indifferent

oh and PS: I saw that someone drinks Fosters. Ew, whatthefuck? If you want to drink beer, at least drink beer that doesn't taste like water.
PostWed May 12, 2010 3:32 am
sEi-saMa

I used to drink a lot, back when I was in high school, <i know, wtf?!> and when I was starting college. Back then, I handle my liquor pretty well. We used to mix gin, beer, and lime soda, and just go crazy. ha!

But now, as I'm getting deep into college, I drink less often, so I think my tolerance got a bit mellow. I can knock back around a pint=16 ounces= 8 shots of vodka, and get satisfyingly tipsy. Yes, this is how we drink it. We pass shots around. But we usually up the ante and continue drinking until one of us passes out. When it comes to beer, it takes me 6 bottles of the "strong ice" variant of our local beer to get me happy. Rolleyes

Other Fanfiction
So Contagious
Melodies of Life
Will You Wait for Me?
Sleep Will Set You Free
PostWed May 12, 2010 4:08 am
Yulka220

I do believe this is an opinion thread. And my opinion is that wine tastes bitter to me, cheap or otherwise. I do not like it, so I will not drink it. End of story.

I don't claim to assume that everyone has the same preferences. Because we don't. Every person experiences things differently, tastes included. That's the whole point of a thread like this. For example, why some like beer, but the anonymous 'they' you speak of describe beer as bitter. I find that humorous.

I respectfully disagree with your mysterious beer experts.

-Banner by Ghosty-

"Won't that kill you?"
PostWed May 12, 2010 1:07 pm
r.

Yulka220 wrote:
I do believe this is an opinion thread. And my opinion is that wine tastes bitter to me, cheap or otherwise. I do not like it, so I will not drink it. End of story.

I don't claim to assume that everyone has the same preferences. Because we don't. Every person experiences things differently, tastes included. That's the whole point of a thread like this. For example, why some like beer, but the anonymous 'they' you speak of describe beer as bitter. I find that humorous.

I respectfully disagree with your mysterious beer experts.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I personally love beer, and a lot of those "anonymous they's" like beer too. It is just often described as bitter. Keyword: often

I used to hate wine with a passion, but I had always had cheap wine. One day, in Spain, I had a sip of one of my class mates red wine, and liked it because it wasn't sour or harsh. And the more red wine I drink, the more I like it. But there is a big, f-cking massive difference in wine and it does take quite a while to know what wine is you, if that makes any sense. Ex. I know that an amarone wine is the perfect wine for me, but [insert random cheap wine] isn't. Just like I know that Kronenberg is a beer I really like, but I can't f-cking stand Guinness.

And then just a little reminder: 1) I fully understand this is an opinion thread. Don't try and act like I don't know it. I gave my opinion, you gave yours back and now I'm replying with another opinion. 2) Instead of saying "you", "your" etc., just say my username. It makes the difference of me not thinking that you're a twat when you do, esp. as you clearly were addressing me.
PostWed May 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Yulka220

I made it pretty obvious I was speaking to you. But if you insist, I shall shout it off the mountain top that my previous post was meant for you, r.

And I'd like to point out that you can state your opinion without being confrontational. Because that was a majority of what your first post was...a condescending lecture on my supposed lack of wine knowledge. I ask that you please PM me if you feel the need to insult me or resort to name calling.

That is all.

-Banner by Ghosty-

"Won't that kill you?"
PostWed May 12, 2010 7:07 pm
merrylegs

I'm Canadian, so my poison of choice is Caesars.

Though I will never say no to a G&T. Especially with bombay sapphire. I will shoot nearly anything. Nearly.

I like rye and cokes. I'll drink rum straight out of the bottle, although this is less forgiving for me.

I can handle at least four shots of tequila before I get too gone.

I don't drink beer. Somehow, I just can't handle it. Two beers and I'm gone and puking.

Although, I get really really lightweight if heavy metal is playing. I blame this on headbanging, makes you get drunker faster.

Oh and I used to be able to handle Jaggerbombs really well but now...after too many crazy nights (and new years uuggghhh) I just...can't

PostFri May 21, 2010 2:57 am
Maraja

Mmmm, sipping a mojito as we speak.

r. wrote:
I've been drinking with these forum people in the past: Maraja, BartyD and Laurenz, and then I've had a beer with tegal.

This is exactly the type of context I like to find my name mentioned in! I'm glad you found me cute in spite of everything - but I had a great great time with you guys and would def like to do it again. Besides r., as far as forumers go I've been drinking with Dawn, Laurenz and Master of Sensation and that time was pretty swell too hahaha.

Favourite liquor of mine: Smirnoff Green Apple Lovely
PostSat Jun 12, 2010 2:17 pm
r.

Maraja wrote:
Mmmm, sipping a mojito as we speak.

r. wrote:

This is exactly the type of context I like to find my name mentioned in! I'm glad you found me cute in spite of everything - but I had a great great time with you guys and would def like to do it again. Besides r., as far as forumers go I've been drinking with Dawn, Laurenz and Master of Sensation and that time was pretty swell too hahaha.

Favourite liquor of mine: Smirnoff Green Apple Lovely

Aw, even Matt found you pretty adorable Grin And our cab ride was pretty amazing too, all in all. (:
PostSun Jun 13, 2010 12:37 pm
Starrgurl

On thursday my parents left me alone to watch the house while they took my brother on a college-exploring road trip, so on thursday night I finished off the last of the rum with coke, then I decided to try mixing gin with sprite. It was wonderful btw, I totally recommend it.

But of course after that drink I decided to go ahead and down the rest of the bottle of gin! Then my bf and I split a bottle of creme de menthe, also lovely stuff that I highly recommend. I was drunk off my ass, but oddly enough I remember everything up until I passed out 4 hours later.

Then last night me and my guy celebrated our last night alone together with a bottle of white wine, and despite having consumed significantly less alcohol than the previous night, I don't remember anything after we finished the bottle and neither does he! LOL

PostSun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 pm
BartyD

r. wrote:

Thats been a while, can't even remember the last time.

Well, i can mix a lot of stuff while drinking, but my stomach absolutly DETESTS Liquorice shots and for some odd reason i can't drink Piña Colada either.

Other than that, i'm pretty good. Around the fifth og sixth round of double Lemon Vodka and Sprite, i'm getting half way to drunk, so thats quite alright considering my size.

Tequilas only hurt my head the next day, but they are a great kick, when i can't seem to get properly drunk.

I've been drinking with r. and eh. Dawn i think, and that was that? Grin

I'm way, to gay for you!
PostTue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
r.

BartyD wrote:
Liquorice shots

Sick
PostThu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 pm
Russianmusicandlove

^ Yes, those are ghastly. Thanks, gf's dad, for making me try one. lmao

I'm turning 21 next month. Everyone's all OHHH LET'S GO DRINK TO CELEBRATE!!!!one!!!

But, I'm so over it. It's not exciting. Drinking is something I rarely do now anyway.

I'm already an old fuddy-duddy. Seriously. I went on a roadtrip this weekend with some college friends and totally packed a sandwich all wrapped up with a side of Goldfish.

Half Frown
PostSat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm
amber93tattoo

Instead of a shot everytime a smurf says the word smurf, I tried taking a shot everytime pikachu says pika. 10 minutes into an episode, over half the bottle is gone. Never again.
PostThu Oct 28, 2010 4:17 am
Vicky T

Anyone drink 4Loko?

"You are such a dick."-IvyRevolution
"You win, Champion Victor."-Russianmusicandlove
PostThu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm
Yulka220

amber93tattoo wrote:
Instead of a shot everytime a smurf says the word smurf, I tried taking a shot everytime pikachu says pika. 10 minutes into an episode, over half the bottle is gone. Never again.

Bahaha. Wow.

Vicky T, isn't that the flavored energy drink/alcohol? I've had the Uva berry, but it was too tart for my liking.

-Banner by Ghosty-

"Won't that kill you?"
PostThu Oct 28, 2010 7:08 pm
Lisa4freedom

I bought a pack of beer today. Soon I will be drinking one Grin I was so excited to finally buy some beer from the grocery store because back in FL I wasn't allowed to have alcohol in my room. My room was only inspected three times and they pretty much stopped after I got pneumonia(I think they were afraid of contracting it. I was pathetically sick.) so I might have been able to sneak some but it wasn't worth it.

When I go visit my sister before going to Japan, we are definetely getting spicy bloody marys together. Once in Japan, I will finally try sake.

Randomness Blog
PostThu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: