:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Standing in Light [PG-13] (4/26)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parrish122

Post subject: Standing in Light [PG-13] (4/26) Reply with quote
"Throw it harder, mom!" Alexis called. "I'm not a wimp!"

Alexandria grinned and threw the softball conciderably harder than the last time. "I'm well aware you aren't a wimp. I seriously doubt you'd have made the all-stars team if you were."

Alexis caught the ball with ease, and grinned back at her mother as she tossed it back to her. "Then stop holding back on me!"

"Hey! I want to play too!" They both heard a voice call. Alex turned to see her sister Nova--who was actually much closer to Alexis' age than her own--running towards them.

"Sure." Alexandria said, giving Alexis a glance that reminded her not to get carried away with her throws. Alexis was by far the stronger athlete of the two. She was a strong athlete, period. She was the youngest girl on the all-stars team, being only thirteen years old. Nearly all the other girls were fifteen.

And well...truth be told, Nova was a bit clumsy. But that never kept her from wanting to participate.

Alexandria got a feeling that she was being watched, and wasn't at all surprised when she looked back at the house and saw Lena watching nervously from the kitchen window. Alex waved at her, Lena smiled and waved back.

It felt odd, moving back in with her mother and step-mother after so many years. Oh, they'd seen each other constantly...but that isn't the same as *living* together.

But after Alwyna had died, Alexandria had basically had a nervous breakdown of sorts. She knew she needed help. And it was only fair to Alexis to have relatives who could make sure her needs were met. There were days when Alex couldn't even drag herself out of bed. The pain was paralyzing. Alwyna had been snatched from her so fast....

"LOOK OUT!" Alexandria heard several people yell. Her attention snapped back to the present, and she realized that Alexis hadn't known that Alexandria was daydreaming, and had hurled the ball at her.

Alex just had time to see that there was no way she'd get her glove up in time to catch the ball....when the ball suddenly stopped and fell to the ground.

Alexandria heard Lena running over, and shot Alexis a look. You aren't supposed to let people see what you can do!

Alexis, stubbornly refusing to look guilty, thought back, I had to, mom. I had to!

Alexandria sighed quietly as Lena put her arm around her shoulders and said, "Are you ok?"

"Sure." Alex replied, trying hard to sound like nothing unusual had happened.

"That was weird." Nova stated with the bluntness of a near-teenager.

"It did look odd." Lena remarked, studying Alex, and then Alexis. "I thought for certain that you were going to get hit in the face, Alex."

Alex shrugged, and wondered for about the millionth time if she and Alwyna had been right to keep Alexis' "gifts" secret after all. They'd come so close to telling Lena, Valeria, and Yulia. Alex was still sure that they were trustworthy.

But a secret this big....they finally decided the fewer people that knew, the better. After all, people with the best of intentions can slip up.

From habit, Alex glanced around....and was instantly grateful for the rather high privacy fence that Lena and Yulia had installed a few years back.

"Well, since everyone is ok, how about you let me join in?" Lena asked. "Or do you think I'm too ancient for that?"

Alex snorted laughter. "You'll *never* be ancient, mom."

"So I'll go get my glove." Lena said cheerfully and headed back to the house.

As they waited, Alexandria gave Alexis a long look and thought, I'll keep her safe, Alwyna. I swear to you, I will.

*****Author's Note*****

Here's the long-awaited sequel to "Run For The Shadows" and "Best Laid Plans". It's hard for me to believe that I wrote BLP in 2003 and RFTS in 2005! This storyline will make a *lot* more sense if you've read the other two stories. And to be fair, I should let everyone know that the focus isn't totally on Lena and Yulia, as the cast of characters expanded quite a bit in RFTS.

The link to the first two stories in the trilogy is here: http://parrish18.diaryland.com/older.html The entry done on 8-23-2003 is the first chapter of BLP. The first chapter of RFTS is clearly labled, but the date for it is 4-16-2004.[list=][url][/url][/list]

Last edited by Parrish122 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 am; edited 3 times in total
PostWed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm
Dekuji

Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG. I'm so excited I could jump up and down! I'm gonna go read the other two 'cause I read bits before but never got around to the whole thing. I'm VERY excited to read all three of them, and aahhh! Did I mention how excited I am? I'm REALLY EXCITED.
PostWed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 pm
Volkster

It's been a long time waiting for this Parrish! I couldn't believe when I read the parenthesis ... a sequel to RFTS!!

You just gave me a reason to start checking around here again.

Thank you *hug*

"There's love, there's hope ... for some. Hope that you'll find something worthy, that your life will lead you to some joy, that after everything ... you can still be surprised. Is that enough to live on?"
PostSun Oct 16, 2011 4:40 am
livelifelow

Crazy, I had the impulse to come look for a sequel to RFTS a couple days ago, and look, here it is! What a nice surprise to pop in here for the first time in years and find it!

I'm definitely liking this, the first two stories are some of my all-time favorites. I'm curious about all that has happened since the end of RFTS. Should I take it that Nova is the child Lena and Yulia wanted to have from combining both of their DNA? I'm so excited about this!
PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parrish122

Alexis sighed as she heard the knock at the door. But she called out softly, "Come in, mom."

Alex opened the door and gave her daughter a slight smile. "Knew this was coming, eh?"

Alexis nodded. She had even known that her mother would wait until fairly late in the evening for this discussion so that they'd be less likely to be interrupted.

Alex studied her daughter a long moment, then crossed the room and sat down next to her. She pulled Alexis into a rough hug and said, "I get why you did it, Alexis. Honestly I do. But if I'd gotten hurt it would've been *my* fault. I was not paying attention. And I would much rather get hit in the face than lose you. And if people see your powers, it greatly increases the chances of someone taking you from me. Do you see?"

"I do mom." Alexis said. She paused, then asked softly, "Were you thinking of mom?"

Alex flinched slightly, then nodded. "Did you hear?" She asked, tapping her temple with her finger.

"No, the opposite really. That's how I figured it out." She saw her mother's puzzled look and added,"When you think of mom, you block me out totally. So I won't feel your pain. But...that's scared me. I was afraid you were going down a spiral and I couldn't help because I didn't even know how bad it was."

"So when you could prevent me from having some pain, you junped at the chance." Alex said, sighing. "I think it's safe to say that we've done things out of the best of intentions. How about we try harder?"

"Sounds good to me, mom. I love you."

"I love you too." Alex said, holding her tight.

Needing this living conection between Alwyna and herself close.
PostWed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 am
Parrish122

I know it's a small update, but I'm posting from my damn phone! And at least I'm updating again. I've got plans for "For Love or Money" too. I went on a "The Mole" watching marathon to get me in the mood again.
PostWed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 am
MrsPansy

Alright Parrish, I have been non-stop reading since I saw the first chapter of this posted (2 days ago?) Not only did I read Best Laid Plans from beginning to end and Run or the Shadows but all the stories I found in between those two in that Diaryland... Let me start with this, I adored BLP it was amazing, just breath taking and to be honest it left me craving for more, the sequel was great and I loved it, it left some questions unanswered which I see will be answered here, yet the feel and amazement that came from BLP was unmatched. I believe it was because I was left craving for more action like the one I saw in BLP from Yulia and Lena, I wished to see them in soldier mode quite more often because no matter how much more into their roles of Yulia and Lena they have gotten into they will always have Volk and Katina buried deep inside, like when the plane was coming down, I somewhat expected more action like that. Yet these are my Two Cents and it IS your story hehehe, needless to say I enjoyed quite much reading these two amazing stories, everytime I couldn't read fast enough and had to go to work I'd spend endless time at work wondering what was going to come next. You have me reeled in for this one for sure and I can't wait to read more of what happened to Alwyna and where's Val and Savana, also I'd love to see how Yulia and Alex's relationship went on, for one thing even if it was the proper term I was always disturbed by how people refered to Yulia as her step-mother and hoped that maybe that gap would be crossed whereas she would be seen as her mother as well, cause let's face it Jesus wasn't the son of Joseph, yet that was his father Grin

Can't wait for more
MrsPansy

Thanks to Dekuji for my banner!
PostMon Apr 16, 2012 6:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parrish122

Fair enough, Mrs Pansy. Run for the Shadows was definately more a emotion-driven story than action. And it started with a *lot* of action. I feel fairly sure that this story will have more action in it than the last did. I say "fairly sure" because I never know for sure just where my stories will go until they've been completed. Smile
PostMon Apr 16, 2012 10:03 pm
Dekuji

So I've read both of the two previous fics by now. Your writing is very engaging, it's easy to get lost in your stories. I agree that I'd like to know how Val and Savana are doing, but of course there are dozens of interesting questions waiting to be answered and I can't wait to see what you come up with Now!

Parrish fics should be required reading for Tatu fans. Definitely.
PostTue Apr 17, 2012 10:44 pm
Parrish122

Thank you! Your remark that my fics should be required reading for Tatu fans honestly made me blush.

I forgot to say before, but Valeria and Savannah will be in this fic, as will Randy and Rachel for that matter. Family--both from the ties of blood and marriage as well as the type that we "adopt"--is a major theme in this series. It's just that with so many characters, it takes a while to get to all of them. *smile*
PostThu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 pm
Parrish122

Alexis walked towards Nova's school, still preoccupied. It was fortunate that she was so used to the trip by now that her feet seemed to take the steps on their own.

Her routine was to meet Nova at her school and then they'd walk home.

She adored her extended family, and was grateful that they'd taken care of her and her mom Alexandria since her other mom had died.

But she would've given almost anything to have her family back the way it had been.

She had faith that her mom would come back to herself. If for no other reason than she knew Alexis needed her more than ever.

But none of them would ever be the same.

Alexis, who had been staring at her feet as she walked, suddenly snapped her head up and looked around wildly--realizing she was a few blocks from the school.

She began running as fast as she could. She hadn't picked up on much because of her distraction and distance. But one thing she knew for sure.

Nova was in trouble.
PostMon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 pm
Parrish122

Just so you all won't think I've totally lost my mind, I feel I should explain something. When I'm posting through my phone, I've got a limit on how big a post I can do. I've already had a time where I posted a semi-large chapter...just to lose it. *sigh*. So there will be times when I'll have to break up chapters into multiple posts. So if a chapter seems to end in an odd spot, just scroll down to the next post. Lol.

And send some good vibes down here to NC. On May 8th, the state is voting on if they're going to add an amendment to the constitution to ban gay marriage and domestic partnerships. I did the early voting today (against, of course). I'm hoping the state will have sense...but I *do* live in a homophobic area. So we'll see.
PostFri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 am
Parrish122

Chapter 4 pt 1
Alexis sprinted across the street, looking quickly from side to side for traffic as well as opening up her mind to sense drivers coming. Once she had determined that she wasn't going to be roadkill, she turned her attention back to Nova.

She knew she felt threatened, and Alexis got a flash of several girls surrounding Nova.

But where? Where are you? Alexis thought, even though she knew Nova didn't have the ability to "hear" her in that way.

As if in answer, Alexis got another flash.

And this time she saw something behind one of Nova's tormentors. A basketball hoop.

Armed with this knowledge, Alexis raced towards the basketball court.
PostFri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 am
Parrish122

Chapter 4 pt 2
Alexis spotted Nova as soon as she turned the corner around the building. Five girls surrounded her, occasionally shoving her and getting in her face to yell at her.

Cowards! Five on one?! Alexis thought, outraged, still running.

Then she heard something that both made her burn with rage and sent a chill through her.

"So are you queer, Nova? Like your moms?" A girl sneered as she slapped Nova.

If anything, Alexis ran faster.

But somebody else reached the group before she did.

A girl--who had to be unusually tall for her age if she went to this school--who had redish-gold hair, launched herself at the girl who'd just slapped Nova. They hit the blacktop hard, and Nova's rescuer began punching the girl.

One of the bullies hurried over to help her friend. Nova tackled her, clearly wanting to protect her ally.

Two of the others were already backing off once Alexis arrived. The other was hesitantly headed towards the fight.

None of them had expected this to become physical, Alexis realized.
PostFri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 am
Parrish122

Chapter 4 pt 3
Using this knowledge to her advantage, Alexis got in front of them and shoved the closest girl as hard as she could, sending her sprawling to the ground.

"Come on!" Alexis bellowed. "I'll take all of you on! If you so much as look at my sister the wrong way, I'll kick all of your asses!"

As Alexis had expected, the two still on their feet immediately backed away. Alexis glared at the girl gaping up at her and made a "Come here." gesture.

"Get up and try and take me on." Alexis growled. "Please."

Instead, the intimidated girl shook her head and slid away from Alexis. Even in her rage, she was amused to note that she didn't get to her feet until she was well away from her.

She turned back to the fight and saw that Nova had already let the one she'd been fighting up.

So the only one left was currently getting beaten by the tall girl.

Nova knelt by her and said,"Victoria, let her go. It's ok."

Victoria threw another punch.

"Victoria, please!" Nova pleaded and lightly placed her hand on her back.

This seemed to pull the girl out of her frenzy. She blinked, shook her head, then stared at her fists.

There was plenty of blood on them.

"Let her go." Nova said softly. "She'll leave us alone."

"She'd better." Victoria said, glaring down at the bleeding girl. "Or she'll pay."

Nova helped the bigger girl to her feet, then glanced over at Alexis.

"Thanks. Um...how about we get out of here, huh?"

Alexis nodded. Then Victoria said, "I'll walk you home. In case they get ideas."

As Nova smiled and agreed, Alexis thought that she didn't mind at all.

She wanted to get to know Nova's new friend a bit better.
PostFri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu Writing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: