:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Announcement from Lena: No more t.A.T.u.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heikki

Post subject: Announcement from Lena: No more t.A.T.u. Reply with quote
Message from Lena on YouTube

Translation (from one of the comments):

Hello Guys,For the reason of inccorect behavior from Yulia’s side concerning me, I must announce that our future collaboration has become absolutely impossible. Aside from many crude and hurtful statements made about me, Yulia gave me an ultimatum: she declined to participate with me in t.A.T.u. if I do not comply with her and her team in all aspects regarding the creative direction of t.A.T.u.. Otherwise she will find a different red-headed, curly-haired girl to replace me. Besides that, I was threatened with the fact that Yulia, using her close ties to the heads of Channel 1 Russia, will shut down my solo project in Russia. In this instance I consider our future collaboration to be impossible as well as communication between us. I am sad that our fans’ hopes of a t.A.T.u. reunion will not come true. I hope you understand and I want to say thank you for loving and supporting me always. Thank you.

Also, vk.com/tatu states that the planned concerts in Minsk and Moscow have been cancelled.

Shame
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:45 am
Antonela

Post subject: Reply with quote
what the hell is going on? i cant believe this they seemed to get along just fine!
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 pm
ilovevolkova

No!!!!!! Why would Yulia act like that?!! Maybe this is part of a bigger thing to get more attention for tatu? Like maybe they are doing this and then say they will work out everything?
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 pm
Antonela

i dont think this is a PR thing. well the only logic reason for me is that yulia wanted to go back where they were,you can see it in their new concerts,she was trying so hard to revive that magic they had..and it was going ok,little by little. i dont think lena wants it again..shes married...Frown
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 8:59 pm
Heikki

ilovevolkova wrote:
Maybe this is part of a bigger thing to get more attention for tatu? Like maybe they are doing this and then say they will work out everything?
I believe that’s what every one of us is hoping…

Here’s some more information on what happened on Sunday:

The scandal between the girls played our right in the airport the night before the planned flight to Slovakia where Katina and Volkova were supposed to take part in promo-campaign with upcoming concerts. The girls had a fight and as a result only Yulia left for Slovakia along with her director.
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:00 pm
ilovevolkova

Ugh! This is so to get attention!
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:15 pm
ilovevolkova

You have a point. They just don't feel the same anymore.
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 9:28 pm
Antonela

for what reason could they argue in an airport..it sounds funny,and plus all the things yulia said sound even more funnier..who would say sth like that?!
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 pm
ilovevolkova

It reminds me of the whole Ivan issues before! xD I mean who really breaks out into a fight in an airport and not want attention? :s I was looking forward to your opinion about this. :)
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 10:11 pm
Heikki

ilovevolkova wrote:
It reminds me of the whole Ivan issues before! xD I mean who really breaks out into a fight in an airport and not want attention? :s I was looking forward to your opinion about this. Smile
And how funny(???) how this happened exactly ten years after their split from Ivan.
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 10:14 pm
ilovevolkova

Exactly!!!
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 10:18 pm
Antonela

guys..im ashamed to say that im their fan since 2002,but i have no clue what u two are talking about :P what happened with ivan?
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 11:10 pm
Heikki

Some incoherent musing below. My bluest thoughts are in blue.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

ilovevolkova wrote:
Ugh! This is so to get attention!

But cancelling gigs is never ever a good way of getting attention. (Oh well, it has happened before…)

Another quote from that aforementioned article: “In Lena’s words, t.A.T.u.’s concerts were cancelled not only in Slovakia, but also in Minsk, Riga, Vilnius, Helsinki and Moscow.

However, the gig in Minsk was the only one which, to my knowledge, had been announced before yesterday, and that one seemed somewhat suspicious to me from the beginning – a) Belarus is even less famous for its human rights than Russia, b) the venue they were to perform at is a relatively expensive place even from a “western” point of view, and I remember having read somewhere that they have a very strict dress code. Not my place, and certainly not the place for 99.996 % of Belarusians either.

I found the following about the concerts in Slovakia (I’ll paste it in its entirety, because the link will probably disappear soon¹, with the less interesting parts in a smaller font):

HORKÝŽE SLÍŽE & t.A.T.u. - NAS NEDOGOŇJAT

Dátum/Date: 29.5.2014 o 19:00h.
Miesto konania/Place of event: STEEL ARENA, Košice

Dátum/Date: 31.5.2014 o 19:00h.
Miesto konania/Place of event: ZIMNÝ ŠTADIÓN, Zvolen

Dátum/Date: 1.6.2014 o 19:00h.
Miesto konania/Place of event: ŠPORTOVA HALA PASIENKY - HANT ARENA, Bratislava

Popis/Description:

Turné troch koncertov jednej z najpopulárnejších kapiel na Slovensku a v Čechách spoločne s najznámejším a najpopulárnejším dievčenským duom z Ruska t.A.T.u. sa uskutoční v Bratislave/1.6.2014 HANT aréna/, Zvolene /31.5.2014, Zimný štadión/ a Košiciach /29.5.2014, Stell Aréna/ na konci mája 2014. Kombinácia kapiel vznikla na základe posúdenia ich fanúšikovskej scény, kde obe kapely majú takmer rovnako starého fanúšika, zameraného na nie klasickú modernú hudbu. Koncerty budú vďaka obom stranám nie iba pastvou pre ucho, pastvou pre nostalgickú dušu ale i pastvou pre oko, ktoré si isto hlavne kvôli dievčatám na pódiu nazbiera veľa informácií ktoré neskôr padnú na osožnú pôdu.

Vstupenky budú predávané v dvoch kategóriách, jedna spoločná na tribúnu a státie na ploche a druhá státie pod pódiom. Jednotná cena vstupeniek na celom Slovensku bude státie pod pódiom 24.-Euro a tribúna a státie plocha 19.-Euro. Vstupenky sa budú predávať s touto cenou do 31.3.2014, od 1.4.2014 sa cena každej vstupenky navýši o 5.-Euro, teda na 29.- Euro a 24.-Euro. Žiadne vstupenky nebudú poskytnuté na predaj cez zľavové portály a ich cena nebude znižovaná.

Trvanie koncertu bude cca 2 hodiny bez prestávky. O možnosť osvieženia počas koncertu bude postarané.

Zľavy a vstupenky pre deti/Discounts, and tickets for children: bez nároku na zľavu

On Sunday (yes, this same Sunday, apparently just a moment before the alleged dispute) vk.com/tatu reminded us (with that wonderful then-and-now collage below) of t.A.T.u.’s upcoming 15th anniversary on the 31st of May, and asked all their fans for some special ideas for celebrating it.

Zvolen is a nice town, but wouldn’t it have been more natural to be in Moscow on that very special day?

__
¹ I learnt this from looking at some of those older posts from about 11 years ago, too many broken links…
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 pm
Heikki

Antonela wrote:
guys..im ashamed to say that im their fan since 2002,but i have no clue what u two are talking about :P what happened with ivan?

From Wikipedia:

In early 2004, t.A.T.u. legally broke their contract with Ivan Shapovalov and Neformat. In the months before the split, t.A.T.u. and Shapovalov were being filmed for a reality show on STS in Russia titled Podnebesnaya. The show chronicled the group as they were recording their second album, but to little success, with their producer Ivan Shapovalo. The documentary aired on Russian television from January to March 2004.
There were many rumors around the split until the show aired, which depicted the group leaving due to a lack of interest and care from their producer. They also claimed the quality of the music being produced was too low, and that Shapovalov was only interested in creating scandals. Volkova stated, "He [Ivan] spends his time thinking up scandals instead of planning our artistic work. I'm sure our fans would rather hear new songs and new albums than new scandals." Katina then stated, "He made us out to BE lesbians when we were just singing FOR lesbians. We wanted people to understand them and not judge them. That they are as free as anyone else."[23] In one of the final episodes, Volkova mentioned returning to the United States in spring of 2004 to record with new producers. However, she became pregnant soon thereafter, and recording was delayed.[24]

And on Monday, after those confusing news, vk.com/tatu posted a reminder that 17 Feb 2004 was the date when cooperation between Ivan and t.A.T.u. officially ceased.

Here is something on the topic from this forum from ten years ago…
PostTue Feb 18, 2014 11:55 pm
Antonela

so...maybe all of this was planned before,they never wanted a reunion,maybe they just played tricks with us... looking what Heikki wrote made me realize that it is kinda strange...and i read that new album was to come out in summer,and its rumored thats gonna call the re invention. its written here https://www.google.hr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.josepvinaixa.com%2Fblog%2Ft-a-t-u-love-in-every-moment%2F&ei=_dYDU7rJLqT9ywPLtoGABA&usg=AFQjCNEVIwUZN7gH1oU3hOncPg1KFtTp-g&sig2=VSDBRlvlVl3MVTtLwH20YQ
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 am
ilovevolkova

I just find all of this odd, you guys. Mmmmm I wonder that will happen next. Also, it's funny because Lena and Yulia even quoted themselves in some parts from when tatu split from Ivan!. I just hope they will get back together and give us the English song :s
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 am
Antonela

yes i find it odd...i never heard they were to preform in slovakia...and everything else except Minsk. and yulia is quiet about that.she just put some quote to her instagram page about love,cant understand it tho,my russian aint that good. and if it is a pr stuff,then lena wouldnt have put it on youtube saying that she will never speak to volkova again
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:41 am
ilovevolkova

Well, if they are doing this for attention Lena would want her fans and others to see it. Maybe we are thinking too much into this? Sadly, my Russian is too awful to understand what was said. :s
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:52 am
Antonela

this is crazy˝Yulia said she will find another red hed to replace me˝ what the hell? it doesnt sound like yulia Volkova to me at all.
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 am
ilovevolkova

That's why it remeinds me so much of the whole Ivan thing. He said he would find girls to replace them. Also they said they would replace him.. I guess we wont know everything until Yulia comments on what happen.
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 am
Antonela

do you remember when lenas father said they will replace volkova? in 2004 when she gave birth to vika?
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:04 am
ilovevolkova

I didnt know that. :s I read an article were Yulia said she still had feelings for Lena. Wonder if Lena is just acting like this to hide how she feels?
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 2:14 am
Antonela

when did she say it? well i believe lena tried so hard to move on,got married...i believe its hard for her,she wouldnt be crying in kiev for nothing..
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 2:21 am
ilovevolkova

I agree with that. It was not that long ago. I just hope Yulia gives her side of things soon. Fans are really not liking this. :s
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 am
Antonela

well few days before kiev concert yulia said that she thinks lena wouldnt have gotten married if yulia still loved her,that she would be with her now.
so she basically said that she doesnt love lena anymore...then she went on talking how shes in love with mona...
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am
ilovevolkova

Mmmmm I just hope everything gets worked out. Wait, Mona? I am so lost.
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 2:57 am
Antonela

yeah mona..shes yulias girlfriend..she even posts photos of them kissing...ugh..so maybe what u read wasnt about lena at all :/
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 3:14 am
ilovevolkova

I knew they dated but I didnt know they were still together after so long :s. She said Lena. :s
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 am
Antonela

she even dated that blonde girl from didnt wanna do it...she has some serious problems,she has feelings for 40 different persons..

hey i found something from 2013
And how did you manage to restore the relationship with Lena?
- Yet, we both are very busy ... We've a friendship and intimacy.

is this even grammatically correct?
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 am
ilovevolkova

Hahaha I love her but that is so true!. Well, it isnt really correct.
"We've a friendship" doesnt sound right to me even if it is " We have a friendship". I would say no. That gives me little hope kinda :).
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 4:02 am
Antonela

lol who cares about the friendship when next to it stands this word INTIMACY :P Smile))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) its from 27.9.2013
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 4:07 am
ilovevolkova

Haha Smile You are right! Smile Nothing else matters Smile I like the way you think. Smile Wink
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 4:10 am
Antonela

Wink yulen believers Wink
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 am
ilovevolkova

Smile Wink. I knew I liked you Wink
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 4:16 am
Antonela

still no news from Yulia? :/

Julia Volkova is currently in Bratislava, Slovakia.
She was giving two TV Interviews and a press conference. During the Interview of 'TV Novyni' Julia was saying that she loves Slovakia. She also mentioned that t.A.T.u. won't comeback. In the TV Show "Telerano" she told that Lena also had to come to Slovakia but she missed the plane because of an ice hockey game. Julia and Lena will be part of the tour (four concerts) from the slovakian rock band 'Horkýže Slíže'. In the press conference Julia shared secrets of a possible duet. Tomorrow the TV Show "Panelak" will air one episode with Julia's participation.

ICE HOCKEY GAME?!!
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 pm
ilovevolkova

Why is she not telling everyone?! This is so odd and well I dont know what to believe about those two.
PostWed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 pm
Heikki

Komsomolskaya Pravda in Belarus did a quick phone interview with Lena.

– My appeal was not a PR stunt. No need for feeding false illusions. In the video I said everything I wanted. I have nothing else to add. I apologize to the fans, but I am not going to change my decision. Now I will exclusively engage in my own career.
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 12:25 am
ilovevolkova

Ugh!! There goes my hopes. I feel like their solo careers wont really work. :s
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 1:11 am
Antonela

i guess they really arent meant to be...about solo careers..ah man..one is singing about sex,the other one about lost love thats running from her. after 5 years no albums,no world tours...nothing.
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 1:18 am
ilovevolkova

I guess so. I really want to hear Yulia's thoughts on everything soon instead of her saying Lena missed the plane due to the game xD. I feel like the song tatu released now sounds better than their solo careers combine.
PostThu Feb 20, 2014 3:36 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: