:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Russia takes Third at eurovision
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
setsuna22

Post subject: Russia takes Third at eurovision Reply with quote
Tatu came out looking great both were wearing faded blue jeans and white t-shirts that had the number 1 in black. leana wore her hair down and curly as always and yulia wore it in her "wild girl" style.

The audiance gave them a mixed review I heard both cheers and some boos. The music started and from the begining it was to soft or their was something off about it. The girls did the best that they could in the situation. Yulia took a much lower ocvite than usual and was singing softer. Lena was a suprise of the night. Trying to compinsate for the lower rage Yulia was singing she took more of a lead than she usually would and just brought it. It was clear, strong and just amazing.

Neither Yulia or Lena looked like they usually do - and not just becuase of lack of their kissing, and crowd teasing. They looked like they came to do a job determied and damn set on showing the eurovision people that they were more than just a lesbian gimmik. It was sad to see them both so serious and not having any fun.
They did however hold and touch hands several times when they were singing, crossing back and forth across the stage. Each went up the ramp behinde the stage and fell to their knees singing -looking to eachothers eyes- which was my favorite part. In the end they did get a good aplause

In Interviews back stage everyone said that tatu did well even with the modifications done to the song becuase of Yulia's illness, and several said that the song they sang was more advanced than anyone elses. Shortly after tatu finished a woman who was just interviewing people backstage saw a huge crowd with tatu taking pictures of them and talking at once- I saw a flash of Yulia's head but nothing more and the woman said that they had gone outside to the press's bar -saying that neither one were hungary but that they both wanted a couple beers. (I would be downing those things like a fish would drink water)

When the votes started to be counted Tatu went back and fourth with Turkey and Belguim and for a while it seemed that they were going to win but as they got futher down the list and more into the english/anglo countires the votes started to slip to Turkey and Belguim. It was nice to see both of the girls smile and cheer when three or four countires gave them 12+ (the highest ranking for Eurovision) Yulia was jumping up and down while leana just looked relived to have that reading of the scores over.

I can't imagine what it must have been like for our girls to have to wait for each vote to come in. It turly is awful sitting their hoping your not in the bottom half of the score 1-6 but, as they get higher in the readings you begin to wonder if their going to get any points at all- at several points I about spazzed out worrying. From what I saw I think Tatu knew that it was going to be a struggle , and just wanted it finished. But they performed beautifully and simply just sang their song and did as the Eurovision people requested not using of their "lesbian antics" as a way to get votes.
In the end Russia/tatu lost 2ed place to Belgium by only one point. they looked disapointed but, who wouldn't be?

1 Turkey- (which sucked)
2 Belgium did better than turkey but, were still not as good as tatu with 165 points
3 Russia 164 points.
deep inside i want to say its not politacal but they recived low votes from Estonia and from UK.

Last edited by setsuna22 on Sun May 25, 2003 8:09 am; edited 4 times in total
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:11 pm
Thoralin

Post subject: Reply with quote
And we have a new record for the number of forummers on line 60 users on 5.18 pm on 24 May, breaking the previous record of 56 on 26 Februari I think.
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Munchkin

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I AM a forum whore groupie

tatu girls - WELL DONE!
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:27 pm
Prince of Denmark

Hey all, I'm new! Just watched Eurovision and cannot believe that the UK public managed to buy enough singles to get Tatu to number 1 with All the Things She Said but failed to give them any points! It's all political since Russia was against the War in Iraq and wasn't afraid to say so to Tony Blair! The girls were great and who needs Eurovision when you're selling albums worldwide! GO RUSSIA!
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:37 pm
rachael b

I am so embarrassed to be from the UK right now cos we didn't give Tatu any points at all, I must have spent a bomb on phone calls voting for them
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:38 pm
alex02ny

I can't believe we came in 3rd! What the hell was up with that song from Belgium? Oh well, we only missed 2nd by one point. I loved how the girls looked so happy when a few countries gave them 12 points! Their performance rocked!!!! No Katya too!!!!
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PIXIE2PIXIE

LOL im soo proud! hahahaha
i didn't hear the booing! and im glad i didn't! Frown
ok the new trend is a big 1 on the front of taty fans t-shirts!!!! Thumb
"Our songs are not silly.t.A.T.u is more sincere,more honest about ourselves.We don't shape ourselves for the audience.In Russia,life is not polite.If we don't like something,we say we don't like it.If we don't agree,we say'fuck you.'"-Elena
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whiska

Eh, the girls were just too damn cool for this contest Wink I think Eurovision needed them more than they needed Eurovision, lol.

Did Yulia and Lena look very upset? Half Frown I suppose we'll hear more about their reaction later...
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:44 pm
Troika

Well dont hate me but I have to be honest that even though I liked their performance it wasn't a winning one to me, Yulia shouldn't have been out there and you could tell it and Lena's timing did seem off in the middle of the song along with some very shabby sound, but overall a decent job by the girls.

But Turkey won Confused
Austria got point's Confused
UK no point's, lol but still Confused
The crowd cheered Tatu quite a bit for the performance but booed during the point's Confused

Come on you know how serious the event is when the host makes fun of it from start to finish, very political and even Wogan said it was being killed off with this two round system from next year onward.

Last edited by Troika on Sat May 24, 2003 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:45 pm
Munchkin

Thumb right on babe *tries to slurr words and put on an accent*
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:45 pm
PIXIE2PIXIE

Wave yo babes! lol Rolleyes god dawn eurovision for being so political! im still quite shocked uk didn't get any votes! but hopefully the ppl who choose our contestants for eurovision, can see what SHIT they chose!
"Our songs are not silly.t.A.T.u is more sincere,more honest about ourselves.We don't shape ourselves for the audience.In Russia,life is not polite.If we don't like something,we say we don't like it.If we don't agree,we say'fuck you.'"-Elena
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Munchkin

yeah ..god ......wtf was that all about at least Russia can say they had somone with a chance of doing WELL ...we got two people off the streets of liverpool and gave them mics!
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:53 pm
apeor

lol i was about to say "why doesnt america compete in the euro..." and then i realised, EURO = europe. lol

stupid me

yeah i thought belguim won?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not paying attention me probably.

did they choose a crap bit on the replay of russia/tatu cause i missed the performance, and the snippet they showed was crpa, and they sounded shit!!

its all a scam, but yulia and lena looked nice, and have great songs so who gives a damn that they didnt win!!

Lol at my sad country for not getting any points, what a surprise.

Last edited by apeor on Sat May 24, 2003 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:57 pm
Fox

Well, they weren't bad... But it wasn't their best preformance ever..

I'm not gonna make excuses, I'm just wondering.. Am I the only one who noticed that they had the weakest music + vocals? (I mean volume)...
Almost like someone lowered the music Frown
Tatu is all about blasting the speakers and singing out loud, having fun.. I didn't see all that there, where was it? :(

I hope they didn't have to do it all low because Yulia's voice was too damaged to sing better...

They did good comparing, I mean that... And yet I'm sad... Not sure why..
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:58 pm
Troika

apeor wrote:
did they choose a crap bit on the replay of russia/tatu cause i missed the performance, and the snippet they showed was crpa, and they sounded shit!!

its all a scam, but yulia and lena looked nice, and have greta songs so who gives a damn that they didnt win!!

Yep I picked that up straight away, they only showed the part in the middle of the song.
PostSat May 24, 2003 5:59 pm
PIXIE2PIXIE

YEAH it's sooo true!!! hopefullynext year we can actually have sum DECENT contestants!!!!!! god they were shit!!
also the calls when ppl vote obviously means fuck all!!!!! lol wot's the point u spend money and the votes don't even make a DIFFERENCE!!! Bash Frown Surprised/Shocked
PostSat May 24, 2003 6:01 pm
Munchkin

i spent atleast ....2 .....i know that doesnt seem much ..but thats 20 votes!
PostSat May 24, 2003 6:03 pm
Malign

All of Sweden held its breath when Tatu performed. After all it's a Swede who's responsible for all the screen-play and camera-chanting so until they were done nobody knew wether they would tear their clothes off or start kissing each other on stage. Both would have been welcomed by me at least.
A shame the crowd booed when they entered the stage, I felt sorry for the girls. They looked so cute and ignorant.
As a last line of defence in the event of unforeseen conflict the Scandinavian lemming (Lemmus Lemmus) will arise on it's hind legs, bare its teeth and utter one final "squeek" before falling dead to the ground.
PostSat May 24, 2003 6:04 pm
joul

Well, the performance wasn't like one of the best but I guess it's because someone DID lower the volume. The song definitely sounds better in the single. They should have blasted the speakers. I was surprised with the lack of energy from the music. Oh well...well done to them for getting 3rd place although there is clearly a conspiracy against them. Especially from UK!! Sorry guys for repeating this...but I hate it when I vote, and somehow it doesn't count! Bash
PostSat May 24, 2003 6:44 pm
chicken

Post subject: In search of eurovision video Reply with quote
I'm stuck in the backwards USA where you can't watch eurovision without a satellite dish! Does anyone know where I can watch tatu's eurovision performance? Thanks for any assistance! res1phc7@verizon.net
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:12 pm
Nataly T

Post subject: i'm so sad Reply with quote
i'm so sad, few reasons. forstof all, the've lost. second i couldn't watch themon tv cause i live in canada, nor i could on the internet cause my onnection is slow. I wish they would win, but hey, there is always another chance next year

Forever Yours

Get tatu to come to North America , sign this petition, pleeeeease
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/tatu.html
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Troika

Post subject: Re: i'm so sad Reply with quote
Nataly T wrote:
there is always another chance next year

Believe me they should avoid it like the plague next year because this years was a total joke (and that's saying something) most point's went to allies and neighbor's and next year on the contest will be in two half's even Terry Wogan (UK host who has been there from the start) said they were killing the contest and he poked fun at it from start to finish he even said the Latvian host's should be taken out back and shot which was hilarious because they should have they were so bad.
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:17 pm
setsuna22

from what I was told Eurovision is a one time thing for all contestants. They wont be going back next year unless rules are changed. (I could be wrong but, it is what several people have told me) damn i hate being in america sometimes!
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:24 pm
Munchkin

Setsuna ....i think ur correct ...one chance kinda thing Indifferent
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:26 pm
Troika

setsuna22 wrote:
from what I was told Eurovision is a one time thing for all contestants. They wont be going back next year unless rules are changed. (I could be wrong but, it is what several people have told me) damn i hate being in america sometimes!

Yeah That

It's a on off, but believe me the contest is going to be dead soon, this years was a disaster countrys that should have had more point's were given hardly any at times (Germany, Sweden, Ireland I think did desevre more then they got) and countrys that were crap got loads (Austria Confused ).

And yes Tatu's performance wasn't their best but it was still better then Belgums(sp?) and the crowd were a total disgrace at times.
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:31 pm
Malign

Strange how the hosts were not nailed upon the cross for being so fucking lousy. I would have burned them and their families if I got a hold of them afterwards. No humour and no amusing comments.
The crowd was crap as well. Even the arena could have been better (bigger).
I think Yulia and Lena were wonderful. That song was better than many things in the Black metal scene and I hope the crowd as well as all fucking idiot countries will be flung into the fiery chasm. I wish I could be a lesbian.
As a last line of defence in the event of unforeseen conflict the Scandinavian lemming (Lemmus Lemmus) will arise on it's hind legs, bare its teeth and utter one final "squeek" before falling dead to the ground.
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:39 pm
nuxx

you can download a cap here:

[down]

but only temporarily... and it is a little weird.. but the image and sound is intact...

:)

you can use this link instead... http://www.asger-og-rikke.dk/

Last edited by nuxx on Sat May 24, 2003 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Munchkin

Smile
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:50 pm
joul

Why would anyone want to compete in the Eurovision again? It's total crap! If Tatu weren't competing this yr, I doubt the contest would get so much publicity. Every yr, it's crap. In my opinion, Tatu shouldn't have participated in the first place. But they love Russia so much, that I guess how can they refuse when their country asks them to compete, eh?
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:53 pm
jessicak

while i profess i was never the biggest tatu fan in the world i thought they were ok despite being set up by a convicted child abuser and that whole sadddddddddddddddddddddddddddd lesbian act but after tonight i would sooner chew my own intestines out than listen to them again. They were absolutely awful. Out of tune with each other and that awful "techno" music. This Bash best describes them. I dont think i have ever heard anything so bad my god i still have a head ache. The wonders of a recording studio............... and all its voice altering stuff..............ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to all you in usa and canada thank your lucky stars or guardian angel that u didnt hear it. Eurovision is a farce, cheesy crap................ also strange how all ex soviet union countries gave them high mark..............isnt it????
PostSat May 24, 2003 7:54 pm
Troika

I just watched it again and Yulia looked awful (in the ill sence), She really shouldn't have been there at all I mean did you see the expression on Her face at the start of the song Half Frown
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:00 pm
setsuna22

EXCUSE ME?
you want to have your opinion thats fine but, dont ever EVER in one of my threads insult my favorite band in the universe. Tatu have been strugling all damn weeks with one problem after another and I AM IN AMERICA and i loved ever second of it!! i dont care if Eurovision is stupid to other people to Tatu it was important so i repsect that- and may i be so kind as to ask you as to not put such negative stuff on my board- i tend to claw anyone who bashes tatu.
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:03 pm
jessicak

Confused girl your deluding yourself with a capital d if u honestly believe they sounded good, that clown from austria sounded better................ maybe it was the fact that you are a few thousand miles away ............ that performance sends shivers up my spine thinking about it aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh also maybe u should tell the truth on ur threads its not very complimentary even to them im sure to lie.................. and also i dont mean to be in any way bitchy, i just happen to hate the eurovision.............
goodnite to you and salutations from the emerald isle
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:13 pm
FOTIS

Post subject: TURKEY IN 1st PLACE AND RUSSIA IN 3rd PLACE. OH GOD!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote
Mad IAM MAD!!!!!!!!!
TATU IN THE THIRD PLACE?
TURKEY IN FIRST PLACE ? OH GOD !!!!!!
I AM SURE THAT THE IDIOT SWEDISH SOUND TECHNICIANS SABOTAGE TATU. WHY THE MUSIC WAS SO QUIET AND THE VOICES OF TATU WERE SO LOUD? CAN ANYONE TELL ME? TATU WENT TO RIGA BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR COUNTRY. OF COURSE THEY DONT NEED EUROVISION TO BECOME FAMOUS. ON THE OTHER HAND THE TURKISH BITCH Smile WANT SO DESPERATELY TO BECOME SOMEBODY. WELL ITS OK TO HATE THE TURKS CAUSE I AM GREEK BUT I ALSO HATE MY COUNTRY FOR NOT GIVING A HIGH MARK TO RUSSIA. SO ITS OK WITH ME THAT OUR SONG SUNK. I HOPE THAT ONE DAY EUROVISION WILL END BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A CONTEST. THIS IS A POLITICAL GAME.
TATU WILL ROCK FOREVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
I HOPE THAT ONE DAY WILL COME TO MY COUNTRY FOR A CONCERT
I LIVE FOR THAT DAY
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:15 pm
jessicak

actually also....... "band" ehhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm where are the instruments? "group" i believe would be more apt
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:15 pm
Troika

jessicak wrote:
actually also....... "band" ehhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm where are the instruments? "group" i believe would be more apt

Erm, were you watching the same performance, there was instrument's.

Overall yes it was a let down but it was wayyyyyyy better then the UK (haha last) and Austria (what a joke).
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:18 pm
no_mkup

Post subject: oh man Reply with quote
Half Frown why!!!! anyway....Russia should have won that darn contest. No matter what, TaTu is still the best.
"Big up" to Julia for performing with a throat problem. Squint Thumb
Squint
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:31 pm
Breezay

yep true dat, Julia put her performance at the mtv movie awards at risk by performing today, but she did it for her country and is a hero for Russia because of it...
GO JULIA YOU BADASS BITCH!!! AIN'T NO SORE THROAT GONNA HOLD YOU BACK!!!!

Thanks to YRX for da banner :D
"Father considers, that the future trade of the daughter (she studies as the psychologist in the Moscow State University) helps her to resist to temptations of unisex love."
visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostSat May 24, 2003 8:34 pm
lillith

i fell bad for tehm they so deserved to win and yulia cant help being sick you know......urgggg
i want to slap the next person who says something untruthful about this situation Mad
Flesh into gear myself apears disected and pretentious. A simple sound a heavy sigh could win the whole world over. You live in fear of being someone that you didn't want to I realize your insecurities will get the best of you
PostSat May 24, 2003 9:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Breezay

Awwww i just saw the performance... Julia was giving it her all... You could totally tell she was struggling... she so brave Smile... There goes my hero, watch her as she goes...
BTW, what the hell is that big ass protrusion on her neck?! Could that be part of the throat infection?! It's HUGE!!! Holy shit, just noticed it!!! I'll make a new thread for this...

Thanks to YRX for da banner :D
"Father considers, that the future trade of the daughter (she studies as the psychologist in the Moscow State University) helps her to resist to temptations of unisex love."
visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostSat May 24, 2003 9:34 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: