:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Interview with Tatu June 4th 2003

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fox

Post subject: Interview with Tatu June 4th 2003 Reply with quote
Saw a story on an Israely news website, interview with Tatu...

Again, questions different from the usual ones Grin
Finally more about Yulia and Lena - Teenagers, not only Yulia & Lena controversial pop duo! I loved it! Again, a positive and good interview! Grin
Nothing more I can add really! Just wonderful! Read it yourselves!

Career Girls

After the Eurovision the Tatu duo is coming to Israel to preform. What is the difference between them and other Russian girls their age? What do their parents do? Communism- what's it to them? What are the afraid of? How do they show (could also translate as discover -TF) love and consolidate tendancy (Possibly referring to Sexual orientation -TF)

The contract of Volkova Julia Olegovna and Katina Elena Sergeevna, those are Yulia and Lena, the Tatu duo, is the doing of Ivan Shapovalov, to which the girls gave a way into the music world as a producer. The duo was formed in 1999, when Shapovalov introduced the two, when they were 15 and 16, friends at childhood in the children's band "Neposedi". Almsot everything has been written about the controversial duo, of
their first video which showed a lesbian kiss and they girls' preformance as the representors of Russia at the Eurovision in Riga, capital of Latvia, where the interview was held.

After the mess they've made and their "horrible" image, in a personal meeting with the girls, in a fancy hotel "De Roma" in Riga, they are revealed as pose-less (Half Frown Meaning they don't make a pose, they're themselves -TF). We're talking about two girls, mature for their age, self confident and fluent (PR may have managed to blur what they reall are.)
(Note: Not my comment, was written in the article Wink -TF).
Lena and Yulia are pretty intellegent, with a clear direction in life, who showed up for a little different interview.

What is the biggest difference between you and other girls your age?
Lena: "I don't know how to answer this question. We are very similar to other teenagers, we all deal with the problems of our age, like love etc. But the main difference between them and us is that they sit and drink beer and fool around all day - Although there are, of course, those who study - and we're already thinking about the future. We've been working
since we were 14, as you know we met in a children's band. We both know what we want in life."

Haven't you missed anything of your normal childhood because of your career?
Yulia: "Our childhood was very interesting comparing to those of other kids. We got to sing and preform and do things others usually don't do."
Lena: "Also with our parents, they are very ok with it. They want us to be happy and they realised this is our direction."

What do your parents do?
Yulia: "Dad's a businessman and mum deals with cosmetics"
Lena: "Dad's a musician and mum doesn't work, she's at home, but plays the piano. I love how she plays"

Lena, you're studying Psychology. They say that someone who learns a profession like this wants to discover and understand more about him/herself
Lena: "Yes, it's a 5-year degree studies, out of which I've finished two, alot of work. I'm always for higher education, I've been interested in Psychology since a long time ago and I'll keep studying because this is what I want. I keep discovering new things about myself, and I've begun examining other peopl's behaviour. I found out that you could, for example, discover things about a person by the way they talk and move their hands".

Yulia and Lena have a classical music education, both of them had studied piano in the Music School for Youth in Moscow. Yulia studied for 7 years and says that she loved playing "Moonlight Sonnate" by Beethoven best.
"I started learning to play the guitar", says Lena, "But I like it best when someone is playing and I prefer to listen and sing". Yulia has a bit trouble in English and Lena is well-trained at instant professional translation. Yulia, born in '85 and Lena, born in '84, have of the younger generation of Russia, the youth of post-prestroika (Hmm? -TF) and the revolution of '91.

How do you see Russia that's changing? Are you easier to accept today?
Lena: "We were very small during the communism, we bearly emember the situation. We were at school, we took part in sports activities, we didn't have time to see how Russia was changing. You feel it, but as a small child it's harder to notice. I look only at the future, not at the past. I know it wasn't good, but today everything's getting better."
Yulia: "I think it's not only easier to accept us in Russia, but all over the world. People are feeling closer and more confident to make a step towards their love, we help people open hearts"

How do you discover love and consolidate a sexual orientation, and at such a young age, when many teenages are still contemplating they're identity?
Lena: "Romeo and Juliet fell in love at the age of 14. We're not lesbians, we just love each other, and you can fall in love at any age. Don't forget that we've known each other since a very young age, and at those ages you don't know exactly what this feeling towards someone is, only later you realise it's love"

What are you afraid of?
Yulia:"I'm afraid of staying alone, then I get sad and start thinking of death"

What do you want to do when you grow up?
Yulia: "I want to be a producer, start my own band and produce songs. I also really want to design clothes, I really love it and want to study fasion design"

You're coming to Israel this month, after having been here over a year ago.
Lena: "Yes I remember we were very hot. We were in the dead
sea, what a view!"

Have you visited Jerusalem?
Yulia: "We didn't get to, but because of the security situation and lack of time. When we visited the dead sea, they showed us the direction of Jerusalem and how close it was, we wanted to but it didn't happen. I have uncles (Cusings? -TF) in Jerusalem, and we really want to visit the city"

(4.6.2003)

Go Yulia & Lena! Remind the world you're people too! You're humans and you need to be loved! (Which you are, very much, everywhere, all the time...) Anyway! Thumb

Last edited by Fox on Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 7:21 pm
setsuna22

Post subject: Reply with quote
that was a semi-decent interview , pretty intresting hearing about Yulia's fears and lena's schooling. thanks fox
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 7:37 pm
Chelsea

What a great interview! It's good to hear them being asked about stuff other than sex and stuff. Thanks!
burning up the black space
falling from the landscape
exploding in the face of god. . .
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 7:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
idioteque

Wow, very informative interview....thanks!

Lena: "Yes I remember we were very hot. We were in the dead
sea, what a view!"

Bwaha! From someone who used to live in Israel, I can relate! And I wonder, if they skinny-dipped in the dead sea. What a view that must have been, indeed! ;)

Wow, Yulia has relatives in Jerusalem? Does that mean she is a Russian Jew? Hmm, so much to ponder.
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 9:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lenochka

Ayaya...I read in a different interview, not sure which, that Yulia did NOT want to pursue anything further in music and that Tatu was going to be it for her. I dunno what, or maybe she changes her mind often. Thanx for the interview! Thumb
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 9:25 pm
CANyouSEE87

that was very interesting esp lena talking about her future. shes very driven. thats awesome.

<3smith
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 11:02 pm
angelx1

Post subject: Re: Subject: Interview with Tatu June 4th 2003 Reply with quote
TheFox wrote:
What are you afraid of?
Yulia:"I'm afraid of staying alone, then I get sad and start thinking of death"

Frown Awwww, this quote makes my heart aches! You won't end up alone Yul, I swear! Wink Tks for postin this interesting interview Fox! Smile
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 11:26 pm
Troika

Nice interview, hate to sound cynical(sp?) but how reliable is the source?.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:07 am
alex02ny

Cool interview! I love the "new" questions people are starting to ask them!

Hee hee, Yulia wants to design clothes! She can come to the Academy of Arts with me! I liked her comment about being afraid of being alone and death, lord knows I've also thought about that as well! And Lena with her love and relationship comments! She's so cute! She always has a way of explaining things so clearly! Bless her!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:16 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
o | G | A | g

that was a very good interview. Thumb

t.A.T.u. Rock
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 2:32 am
nuxx

Post subject: Re: Subject: Interview with Tatu June 4th 2003 Reply with quote
TheFox wrote:
Yulia studied for 7 years and says that she loved playing "Moonlight Sonnate" by Beethoven best.

omg omg omg... some months ago I made a thread about Yulia and her piano... and I said how cool it would be to hear her play the moonlight sonata... omg... I'm in need... Yulia play for me.. pretty please...!!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 5:39 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CTU

lol nice interview, btw has evry body send their questions for the interview with the german version of tatugirls? Muahaha

"Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstyle you like." ~ Yulia Volkova
*Thanx to Prostie_Dvigenia for Avatar & Nikitsa K 4 banner*
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 5:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alex2107

Excellent interview!

I am very impressed that Lena has found the time and commitment to finish two years of her psychology degree already.

I would love to see some of Yulia's clothes designs - I wonder if they are really wild?

I played piano for 16 years and the first movement of the Moonlight Sonata was always one of my favourites as well - so beautiful and haunting. Would love to hear and watch Yulia play it!

alex
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 6:28 am
Fox

Troika wrote:

Welcome ya'll, I enjoy bringing such cool interviews to you :D

And Troika, the source should be pretty reliable, one of the biggest (If not the biggest) newspapers in Israel... Why do you ask? Anything making you question things? I found it to sound pretty real :)

And I was like Surprised/Shocked when I heard Yulia say she had relatives here... There are many Russians in Israel but most are jewish who came here because of the persecution and all... Though there are some christian Russians here too so I'm not sure... Squint
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 7:26 am
nunzilla

I'm tres happy about the possibility of Yulia being Russian Jewish...('cause I am too, heh)...and she's got great taste in clothing so being a fashion designer...that would work out...so would being a producer an...oh, heck they're gonna excell in whatever they want to do. They're both very intellegent and talented...probably had to mature, partially from being in such a huge bang at a young age, and partially from their Russian upbringing.

Moonlight Sonata...I played an adaptation of that for guitar...so sweet...so sad.

I hope Yulia doesn't think about death too much when she's alone...poor thing.

Great interview Fox...'s good to know we've got a kick-ass translator able to pick up gems like these and make them accessable to English speaking t.A.T.u. fans.

:hug:

Nunzilla

*rubs chin and wonders if she too has any family in israel*

PostTue Jun 10, 2003 7:41 am
Fox

Don't think Yulia's jewish nunzilla, pretty sure I saw her wearing a cross necklace at some point... Lena wears one alot... But I think Yulia does too... Not sure though, gonna check Squint
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 7:54 am
nunzilla

I don't mean Yulia's religiously Jewish herself...but that she comes from a Russian Jewish background.

I'm not a practicing Jewish person but if Hitler ever came to power again *shudders* I'd be sent to the gas chambers along with the rest of my family. I'm hereditarily Jewish, but don't practice the Jewish religion. The same could be for Yulia.

*shudders again at the thought of Hitler coming to power again* I need a cookie. Brb.

Nunzilla

PostTue Jun 10, 2003 8:21 am
Breezay

Hmmm... never thought about that.... Julia has a Jewish background eh? That's coo.

*shudders*@being a Muslim while George Bush is around...

Thanks to YRX for da banner :D
"Father considers, that the future trade of the daughter (she studies as the psychologist in the Moscow State University) helps her to resist to temptations of unisex love."
visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 8:26 am
Fox

Well I'm not really a practicing jewish either... There's the holidays but that's only because Israel's holidays are set by the jewish calender... And well... There aren't many jewish people who'd change their religion as new generations are born, and they probably wouldn't wear a cross... I think it's most likely christian family, but I suppose anything's possible Tongue
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 8:29 am
nunzilla

M' gonna have to disagree with yah fox.

I've got christians, catholics, and even bahai faith in my family and we come from a Russian Jewish background. Of course I've got Russian Jewish family in New Jersey and (I believe) Russian Orthodox family in Russia.

She might have a Russian Jewish background but her immediate family (mum dad and the like) is catholic. Anything's possible.

And I've veered offtopic enough for one day...pm me if yah wanna continue with this nifty discussion Grin

Once again, thanks for the article,

Nunzilla

PS: Breezay, don't let any crazy American (even if he is pres.) suppress your beliefs. Major props from me to you for being a muslim under the rule of Du-bu-yah.

PostTue Jun 10, 2003 9:03 am
Troika

TheFox wrote:
Troika wrote:

Welcome ya'll, I enjoy bringing such cool interviews to you :D

And Troika, the source should be pretty reliable, one of the biggest (If not the biggest) newspapers in Israel... Why do you ask? Anything making you question things? I found it to sound pretty real Smile

That's cool then.

It's just it seem's alot of interview's lately haven't been exacley reliable even the realistic one's , I read that the other Isreal interview from not to long ago was made up, is that true?.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 11:12 am
Fox

Well, first of all I can't tell if something's true or not for sure, I'm just a reader like you ;)

What interview are you talking about though? And, the ones I've translated I don't think are made up... The newspaper isn't the kind to publish made up stuff as far as I know.. It's not a tabloid... And to tell the truth it's not unlikely that they'd say what they said so I dunno...
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 11:32 am
Troika

I'll take your word for since your from Isreal (I think?) Thumb
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 11:43 am
Joaniey

Yup, Foxie is from Israel. ;)

Thank you so much for translating it, I liked it a lot. I'm so glad that there are magazines, in this case Israeli, which can do such great interviews. For once there weren't any boring perpertually asked questions...

Quote:
What do you want to do when you grow up?
Yulia: "I want to be a producer, start my own band and produce songs. I also really want to design clothes, I really love it and want to study fasion design"

Now I'm like Surprised/Shocked
*imaging* Yulia, a producer and a fashion designer... and an own band!!!!!!! ^_^ w00t
Ow ow oww I'm so waiting for that day..........

What a lucky gal you are Fox. Making me almost jealous by living in Israel, and having Yulias relatives there... Tongue

Last edited by Joaniey on Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 12:35 pm
tatugal

Heya, jus thought i'd say that that's a wicked interview, and this is my fav bit:
: "Romeo and Juliet fell in love at the age of 14. We're not lesbians, we just love each other, and you can fall in love at any age. Don't forget that we've known each other since a very young age, and at those ages you don't know exactly what this feeling towards someone is, only later you realise it's love"
Don't you think that's soo true? well i think it's a great quote!
Not gonna get us!"
It's sooo true, never be ashamed!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 12:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alex02ny

Awww, I loved that quote as well. I love how Lena always explains things so clearly! She's so smart!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 12:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malign

I'd say Yulia is orthodox christian as I am myself. At least I hope she is.

IC XC NIKA...
As a last line of defence in the event of unforeseen conflict the Scandinavian lemming (Lemmus Lemmus) will arise on it's hind legs, bare its teeth and utter one final "squeek" before falling dead to the ground.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 3:26 pm
SilverTongue

Yeah, good see! Thumb Finally, the type of questions I have been waiting for! Tatu clearly showed their appreciation, and responded well to topics that obviously mean a lot to them. Kudos to the interviewer. Man, I think a great topic should be started, dedicated to all positve Tatu interviews! Really does me good to read this stuff.

Lena: "Never! We will stay in Moscow! It's the coollest city on the planet..."
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 3:58 pm
alex02ny

good reading indeed! Thumb finally something new!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 5:18 pm
lillith

Yeah I think that they need to have "real interveiws" instead of the same old shit every day Hmmm laugh
forgive my french
as for religious beliefs im a plain old american pagan with nothing but time on my hands so blah Bash Bash Bash Bash Bash

and yulia saying she was scarred of death or being alone i almost wanna cry and just take her in my arms and hold her forever Rolleyes
Flesh into gear myself apears disected and pretentious. A simple sound a heavy sigh could win the whole world over. You live in fear of being someone that you didn't want to I realize your insecurities will get the best of you
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 11:41 pm
dorkyegg

Definately enjoyable. Thanks for posting it Fox.

Yulias words are always so thought provoking. Maybe its cause she always speeks in the most simplest terms, but every time she speaks it makes you think about...well, life.

Does anyone understand that? Confused
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 1:06 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alex02ny

I understand! Thumb
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 1:31 am
neverhideurself

thanks for the interview fox. great one Grin im so glad people are starting to ask them reasonable questions and are not lingering too much in past references.

lots of love ~ never

ps. can anyone tell me how to get an icon thing....like whats under ur name when u post??? i want a tatu one but i have no idea where to go.

anyone who wants to talk, hit me up at holdingon2nothingagain510@msn.com. later and pieces Hm
PostTue Sep 09, 2003 7:21 pm
Thoralin

You have registered already a while, but considering your postcount Iíll dig up my newbie welcoming post.

Welcome to the forum neverhideurself :wave:

You can find the forum rules here, the FAQ about the forum here and the FAQ about t.A.T.u. here.

Read these and youíll have the answers you need to become a productive and appreciated forum member.

There is also a thread where you can introduce yourself if you wish here.

You can find the forum staff here : Administrator/Moderator list

That icon thing is called an avatar. There is tread about it here : www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3958
In case you decide you want a banner as well, look here : www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4565

You can also ask the forumís search engine to help you. There are some avatars displayed in the Creativity forum. You can choose one from there and ask the owner if itís available. There are also people on the forum that would be happy to make an avatar for you.

In the thread Problem Forum Posters/Spammers there are some bores complaining about people bringing up old threads without good reason. :rolleyes:

Since you want to make yourself better looking I suppose you will be making appearances more often. Have a nice stay. Wink
PostWed Sep 10, 2003 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Fibi

Thanks for the article, The Fox, very interesting read. Thumb
Both Lena and Yul gave some very thought provoking answers. Smile
PostThu Sep 11, 2003 1:21 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: