:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. nominated for Brazilian MTV VMB 2003 ::VOTE::

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lux

Post subject: t.A.T.u. nominated for Brazilian MTV VMB 2003 ::VOTE:: Reply with quote
thanks to oblakovshtanah @ tatysite.net Thumb

t.A.T.u. has been nominated for Best International Video along with a slew of stiff competition:

Avril Lavigne - Complicated
Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
Creed - Don't Stop Dancing
Eminem - Without Me
Kelly Osbourne - Papa Don't Preach
Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong
Mariah Carey - Boy (I Need You)
Nelly and Kelly Rowland - Dilemma
Nick Carter - Do I Have To Cry For You?
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
T.A.T.U. - All The Things She Said
The Calling - Wherever You Will go

VOTEhere: http://www4.mtv.com.br/vmb2003/vmb2003.index.php
but you need to register first, click this: http://www2.mtv.com.br/minhamtv/meusdados.php
have fun with portuguese

oh btw, you can only vote once per email registered.
the show will air on 8-26-03

[insert neat sig here]

Last edited by Lux on Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
PostMon Aug 18, 2003 11:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Troika

Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool Smile , but that's gonna be a tough one.
PostMon Aug 18, 2003 11:59 pm
Lux

yeah, so everyone register and VOTE!! they are nominated for best international video, and many of the other artists are domestically American. votevotevote Thumb

[insert neat sig here]

Last edited by Lux on Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cunnilingus

thx Lux :thumbsup:

btw, could u help us lil bit here? do u know what the registration form there says? i've no idea what they say Grin Grin except name, sex and i hope edreco there mean address LOL

thx dear Thumb
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 12:05 am
Lux

febrika - here you go Smile

nome: name
enderco: address
bairro: quarter [eh. *shrugs*]
estado: state
data de nasimento: date of birth

rg: [i have no idea i typed in something random]
email: email
senha: password

click on vmb 2003 on the left, and to vote, click on votocao at the top. t.A.T.u. is under Internacional, the furthest category on the right Thumb

[insert neat sig here]
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 12:11 am
DeletedMemory

thats great!but damn,thats a tough one..hope they win!
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 12:29 am
0newinged

Lux thanx for the info Thumb oooo this is gonna ba close methinks... hope the Brazilian fan base is big enough Smile
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 12:38 am
tatugirl89

thanks for the info,its a stiff competition but im sure we all know that t.A.T.u is better then the rest and deserve to win,ill be sure to vote as much as i can

http://hometown.aol.com/not2be4g0t1o/
t.A.T.u Addict

my anti-drug
Yulia&Lena
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 3:41 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fox

Bah! Finding your way around there is kinda annoying, weird site :p

But, what I wouldn't do for Tatu Grin
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 4:52 am
Diz

That was long winded. They're making sure there's no automated voting I see, making you enter their code number at the end. That's one more registered anyway. Smile

Is there anywhere it shows how the voting is going?
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 7:07 am
ldAIsyl

all done Thumb don't worry, no competition Wink
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 1:35 pm
Flare

Thumb i voted

Rolling, and throwing, consoling. Everything that goes this far. Joking and hoping, revolting. All
that sh*t that's who you are. Hoping, and
scolding, revolving. Peel it back, reveal the scar. Loathing, exploding, controlling. This is what
you really are.

Thanks Karo for the banner
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 4:15 pm
Yulia_Fan_4evr

hey lux thanx for the translation but i still dont get what bairro means i saw quarter, but what does that mean???? im so stupid and dumb i guess LOLOL sorry Confused
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 5:41 pm
slim

i voted Grin

"Yo I like these girls, these girls are straight up gully." - Host of IMX
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 6:42 pm
angelx1

I haven't posted this before cause I thought that international votes weren't allowed (I still think it's not) since RG stands for something like an ID, I don't know how it's called in the US and another countries, but it's a document that proves that you "exist". I don't know how to explain, I don't really know how it's called in your country. Confused
Anyway, mtv.com.br is using this way of voting to avoid one million votes from the same person, since that wouldnít be a fair way of winning. So, vote for them, I still donít know if international votes are really allowed, (cause I think that theyíre asking for RG to make sure you live in Brazil, and thatís why itís called BRAZILIAN Video Music Awards) but it doesnít cost a thing to do it, even if itís gonna be worthless. But please, use a valid number for the RG, hope you got what I mean by that.
About the competition, itís really though, especially against Avril Lavigne, Eminem, Nellyín Kelly and Linkin Park.
The others arenít really a threat, but I think itís gonna be hard for t.A.T.u. to win, since all the previous artists I mentionated are established in here (except Nelly), and the girls just got known in Brazil some months ago (though this may be positive) they only entered the Brazilian TRL around May/June (with ATTSS) fortunately got the #1 spot at the Top 20 (the most requested videos of the week) in July. Nowadays, their vid is not played at TRL anymore, but NGGU will premiere some time around the end of this month. Well:

--> Avril Lavigne video is really old (though it was hit, but that happened December, last year) and some ppl got a little bored of her for now, it must be her forth video we have in TRL. Sleep In the other hand, her popularity increased cause she has a song ("With You") played at the most popular brazilian soap opera, but those ppl watching the soap opera are not the kinda who would vote for her on MTV. Rolleyes

--> Eminem videos always get the #1 spot as well, but I donít think heís got a fanatic fanbase here. Tongue

--> "Dillemma" is playing since AGES ago and it became an enormous hit, just for you to have a clue about what Iím talking, I used to like this song, I really did, but maaaaaaaan, itís OVERPLAYED, Silly it gets on my nerves, itís playing everywhere I go, surely it will be one of the most played songs in Brazil this year.

In my opinion, the real threat is:

--> Linkin Park. They won this category last year with "In The End", they have lots of fans and itís just their second single from this album. None of their songs were overplayed like "Dillemma", but this is an MTV award, and when it comes to MTV Brazil, their vids are always the most requested ones. "Faint" is at TRL since a loooooooong time ago, it entered a little bit before ATTSS and they are STILL at the charts. Hm They were #1 for two or three weeks with this video (at the weekly chart, Top 20) while ATTSS was #1 for one week only. Nowadays, itís still at the top 10 on the weekly chart, if Iím not mistaken, they were #7 @ the latest Top 20. :madfinger: :susp:

Xtina, Creed, Kelly Osbourne, Mariah Carey, Nick Carter (ugh!!), RHCP and The Calling are just fillers, in my opinion...I donít think they stand a chance, I would like to explain why: Xtina well...exception made for Beautiful, none of her latest songs were played regularly in here lately; Kelly Osbourne is probably what we can call one-hit-wonders, although her video "Come Dig Me Out" got played for some time, I donít think it was really a hit..."Papa Donít Preach" was played some time ago also Muahaha ; Creed, tee-hee, no probs; Mariah Carey...I donít know how the hell she manages to enter TRL, they donít play her that much in the radio stations...I think that her latest brazilian hit was ďHeartbreakerĒ Old ; Nick Carter FILLER FILLER FILLER (hee-hee, if it was to put him, I would rather choose MelC), he has really little airplay in the brazilian radio stations Pffft ; RHCP are cool, they are always at TRL but I donít think they managed to make it big here with their last album. The Calling...just anothers one-hit-wonders, "WYWG" was a hit here just like all over the world, but that was it. Adrienne, Could It Be Any Harder etc didnít have the same effect as "WYWG". Yawn

I really hope the girls to win, cause they are like hot artists in Brazil now, they are on the cover of JP magazine (the biggest brazilian teen radio station - well, translation of the interview in process yet Wink ), ATTSS is still at this radio station TOP 10 for months now and it is really popular, itís played a lot at the clubs; all this lesbian wave just crashed over here (thereís a lesbian couple in the most popular soap opera Ė in case youíre thinking, fortunately "With You" is not their love-theme hehe) and ppl always mention t.A.T.u. when they talk about the soap opera on the TV, mags, you know, something kinda ďin the soap opera, in the music, in the real life: lesbians are the hottest thing aroundĒ, something like this. w00t
Brazilian t.A.T.u fans are doing all thatís possible to make them win, you can be certain of that. Thumb

Oh, some things I canít forget:

VMB stands for: Video Music Brazil, it is the Brazilian version for Music Awards such as VMAís or EMAís.

Diz, there's no way to know how the vote is going, thatís top secret, thatís why we have to watch it. I have no clue when the votes thing is gonna be closed, but I think we can vote until the time the show starts. We will only find out the winners on the 26th.

"Bairro" really means nothing to you...I think you donít have this included in your adresses, but it stands for something like a certain ammount of streets. The only example I can come up with would be..."Downtown", but it doesn't come close for what "bairro" means, you donít use this kinda of division. Just fill with "Eastern", "Western", "Southern" or something like that, donít know, use your imagination. :p

That's all...spread this link everywhere for ppl to vote. Tks for the ppl who voted already. Smile

Any updates, I will post it here. Wink

Last edited by angelx1 on Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 12:55 am
alight

i voted Thumb
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 1:13 am
angelx1

Tks for voting alight! Mesmerizing Yulia in your avatar...Angel
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 1:30 am
|capricious|

a little complicated. But don't worry, I sacrificed some of my time to vote Thumb
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 2:39 am
Solo

i tried!!! :rolleyes:

and i did it Devil
go Tatu goooo Thumb

http://www.solo-evolution.com/
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 2:48 am
alight

angelx1 wrote:
Tks for voting alight! Mesmerizing Yulia in your avatar...Angel

Thumb
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 3:36 am
rhapsody_au

Phew! Finally voted, lets hope they win. They deserve it because honestly, the others aren't that great. Aguilera running around half naked, and Avril running around doing hand gestures, for example, does not make a great music video! ;)

Go tatu! Tomorrow, I'll register again with another email address and vote a second time! And a third the day after that... :)

Rhapsody
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 5:34 am
mackly09

cool lol i just finished voting i hope tatu wins Thumb

ELEKTRA NACIDA PARA LUCHAR,ENTRENADA PARA MATAR
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thoralin

The direct link for the registration doesnít work for me, but I could register via the voting. Itís a bit disturbing not to be sure if your vote is valid. Like, is rg a number or a word ? I put "no idea" I think and it didnít protest. I suppose if it expected a number that it would.

Thanks for the insightful analysis angelx1 Thumb
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 3:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mackly09

Thoralin wrote:
The direct link for the registration doesnít work for me, but I could register via the voting. Itís a bit disturbing not to be sure if your vote is valid. Like, is rg a number or a word ? I put "no idea" I think and it didnít protest. I suppose if it expected a number that it would.

Thanks for the insightful analysis angelx1 Thumb
aww lol i also put no idea on my rg but anyway when i saw senha i was like senha ohh senha means password so i change my rg(s/n) no idea to my s/n here mackly09 Smile

PostWed Aug 20, 2003 4:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
angelx1

It's funny and annoying at once not being able to let you know what's RG. What I meant is that I don't know how this document is technically called (if there is any technical name) in your countries, for example, here RG means "Registro Geral" (General Register). I must have said that RG is our identity card, and that's a number. So, just check your identity card and fill the RG field with the numbers, although I don't know how international identities work, I have no clue if it's only numbers, or numbers and letters, and how many of them there are (here it's nine numbers) but whatever. Just fill that...("no idea" worked... Hmmm laugh )

Thanks for the ones voting. And you're welcome guys, anything, just ask me.
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 5:16 pm
mackly09

aww lol rg means registro geral lol i should have think about that coz portuguese and spanish language have some similarities we called it registro general anyway thanx for claryfying things angel

PostThu Aug 21, 2003 3:58 am
/\CoNe/\

Post subject: Video Music Brasil Reply with quote
sorry guys....but l donīt think theyīre gonna win.....
līm from brazil and brazilian people are more into eminem or nelly or christina aguilera.....shame!!! Frown
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 10:17 am
MiCHiRu

Well, /\Cone/\, gotta be optimistic, right? Smile
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 12:39 pm
pinkchick

Post subject: vote 4 tatu on the brazilian video music awards Reply with quote
hey im glad that u guys r helpin,its the competition is rough,but tatu is gettin bigger and bigger in brazil,they some pretty ardent fans here,they r very loyal so i believe they ve got a big chance of winning,u guys can vote with different emails(so that u vote more than once hehe)but its on the 26 so its only 3 days away,i honestly just wrote numbers and street names randomly,it worked!!!but its shitty how detaily they r,they make it so hard!anyway try guys,just write anything in portuguese hehe.thanx for the help u guys rock :thumbsup:
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 5:25 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dent

hey hello

Well it seems that when uīre signing to vote uīre also signed for MTV Social Club that the brazilian MTV has and when uīre signed to it uīre participating in several contests and can win prizes so thats why they ask so many details as adress, id. Well u can make as me just put 1111111 or wswswswswswws on the unnecessary fields eheheh

Cya

Dent Cool
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 2:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
pinkchick

Dent wrote:
hey hello

Well it seems that when uīre signing to vote uīre also signed for MTV Social Club that the brazilian MTV has and when uīre signed to it uīre participating in several contests and can win prizes so thats why they ask so many details as adress, id. Well u can make as me just put 1111111 or wswswswswswws on the unnecessary fields eheheh

Cya

Dent Cool

hey dent,q bom vc aparecer aki! Wave bem vindo!and thnx 4 clearing things up further more,after angelx1 did great Thumb ,now lets vote and wait and pray(so that mtv brazil doesnt screw us up this time,i believe they manipulate things when it comes 2 voting and brazilian trl,hope th "mafia"isnt around anymore) Rolleyes
PostSun Aug 24, 2003 5:40 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pinkchick

just a lil reminder:u have 2 wait after u register 4 mtv brasil 2 give the green light the ok,so that u can really vote,this green light will b sent 2 ur email.come on guys its only 2 days left Wink
PostSun Aug 24, 2003 5:57 am
pwhzone

I voted Thumb
I think?
PostSun Aug 24, 2003 2:58 pm
Yossarian

Airtime was yesterday... any news? It should be on www.mtv.com.br , but I can't seem to find anything there
PostWed Aug 27, 2003 4:04 am
Dent

DAMN!!! Unfortunatelly we have to say that TATU lost it. Frown Frown Frown Frown The winner as best international clipe was Linkin Park with Somewhere I Belong.

Cya

Dent Cool
PostWed Aug 27, 2003 4:34 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
petrenko

Dent wrote:
DAMN!!! Unfortunatelly we have to say that TATU lost it. Frown Frown Frown Frown The winner as best international clipe was Linkin Park with Somewhere I Belong.
:

Really? Confused
How did you know it?
Because I checked the website of MTV Brasil but didn't find any result of voting. Half Frown

Please tell me the source of the information. Wave
PostThu Aug 28, 2003 11:25 am
Dent

petrenko wrote:
Dent wrote:
:

Really? Confused
How did you know it?
Because I checked the website of MTV Brasil but didn't find any result of voting. Half Frown

Please tell me the source of the information. Wave

I live in Brazil and i watched it. Rolleyes ehehehhehehe

Cya

Dent Cool
PostThu Aug 28, 2003 11:20 pm
petrenko

Post subject: I found the result on the MTV Brasil site. Reply with quote
Thanks Dent,

I found the result on the MTV Brasil site on following URL, Wave

http://www.mtv.com.br/vmb2003/hotsite/

But I don't know about Linkin Park. Confused
PostFri Aug 29, 2003 10:26 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: