:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. presented their new song Nichya (Nobody's)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightblue

Post subject: Reply with quote
Abe wrote:
MarkAfterDark wrote:
That link doesn't work, it says error Frown I really wanna hear the full song really bad. Is the full song much better then the demo?

Yes, but the video version is much better than the mp3 that was posted. You know, the one you got the error on. Mostly because it awkwardly gets interrupted twice with random noise near the beginning and middle of the song. What's up with that? Indifferent Anyway, this song kicks ass. It's slow but soothingly good Thumb

Well, the link worked for me, and I didn't hear "random noise near the beginning and middle of the song". Agreed, the sound quality is not superb. You can hear it is an amateur recording from the Japan concerts, with some rumble now and then and audience noises in the background. On the other hand, that last thing gives it some real charm, IMO.

Anyway, I am glad that I can listen to the complete song now, and not just a sample of it. I think it is a beauty.

Thanks ssugu for the link! Thumb LaLa
PostTue Dec 16, 2003 7:37 pm
TaTu_ar

Cool song Thumb

t.A.T.y Rocks!
PostThu Dec 18, 2003 3:48 pm
spyretto

It has some good parts, like towards the end when it gets louder for a moment.
PostThu Dec 18, 2003 9:33 pm
MarkAfterDark

I finally heard the full song, and i've gotta say....The song is ok, but it's rater bland, and i know for sure the girls can do better than this garbage. I hope yulia isn't gonna be singing softly on the rest of the album. I think she's way better screaming, but i do understand that she does have problems with her throat. Ok, the songs not exactly garbage, but it's no where near as great as "30 min's" or "stars".
PostThu Dec 18, 2003 10:18 pm
spyretto

I wouldn't call it garbage but it's a mediocre song with a boring tempo.
PostThu Dec 18, 2003 11:36 pm
RowerB

MarkAfterDark wrote:
I hope yulia isn't gonna be singing softly on the rest of the album.

I hope we get lots of high power Yulia klouny type stuff on the new album, but for a soft slow track, I really like this.
PostFri Dec 19, 2003 6:11 am
Nightblue

Could it be that there is another meaning to the lyrics of this song, a meaning that only starts to make sense once you have seen Vitaly Mansky's documentary (or once you have become familiar with its essentials)? To clarify what I mean I will use the English translation of Nich'ya that can be found at the LYRICsite, http://www.tatusongs.cjb.net/. Credits for my interpretation go to a considerable extent to Jerecx at the German t.A.T.u. forum, http://www.tatugirls.de/forum/, who has posted his thoughts on Nich'ya there, and who inspired my own thinking.

Nich'ya, English translation:

Anyone I shall give dreams

Since I can give anyone dreams
For, that there, where are you
You know me
I shall exchange all,
Anyone I shall give dreams

At profile and straight in the face
They will not take us alive
You will turn away,
We in fact shall return,
This isn't the last of us

Only you know
How much i want you
I am indeed now... no one's
No one's...

It's a simple reflex
Our wrong sex
Or words someone has broken
Or without telling lies

Fear of lonely eyes
Nobody will go for us
Everyone, don't leave
This isn't the last of us

Only you know
How much i want you
I am indeed now... no one's
No one's...

Is the 1st line and 1st strophe about the dreams Yulia and Lena gave to their fans: Anyone I shall give dreams - Since I can give anyone dreams?

Does the 3rd strophe point to the reasons why the fans are turning away: Our wrong sex, i.e. contrary to the fans' expectations, words someone has broken, Yulia and Lena who broke their own words? To be fair, however, the last line in this strophe seems to point against this interpretation: without telling lies.

Does the 4th strophe point at Yulia's and Lena's fear to be deserted by their fans: Fear of lonely eyes - Nobody will go for us, and is it an appeal for the fans not to turn their backs on them: Everyone, don't leave?

The 2nd strophe and the chorus do not fit easily in this scheme as the 'you's' in the lyrics are translations of 'ty' and 'tebya', and therefore point to a single person, as this is what I know about these Russian words. However, could it be that the author regards the fanbase as a single entity, and therefore addresses it as if it were a single person? In that case, could it be that You will turn away refers to the fans that will turn away from Yulia and Lena, once the dreams their fans held appeared to be illusions? And is it possible that the chorus hints at Yulia's and Lena's longing for an audience that appreciates what they do and their standing alone once the truth about them is revealed?

Of course it is all very speculative whether the author of the lyrics had the intention to give the song such an ambiguous meaning. (By the way, does anyone know the name of that author? And who is the musical author?) At first sight it appears to be 'just' a sad love song. Why would anyone have guessed about a second meaning if the documentary had never been there? But now that there is this documentary, it somehow appears to me that the author has cast a clever eye towards a future disclosure. Take also into consideration that t.AT.u. started to perform this song shortly before the transmission of Mansky's documentary on TV.

P.S.: The author of the LYRICsite ("Gregory", and "the person known as thegurgi - for some reason", is what the website says) has similar ideas about Nich'ya. This is what he says about it on his website:
Quote:
There is a deeper meaning to this song, I just know it. It's definitely about what they've been doing to the public. About how they've been telling us they are a lesbian couple, fooling some people. Pay close attention to the lyrics, and you should see it. I actually think it's rather straight forward. At the moment they still perform it as a "love song" to each other, but that's the great thing, it works on both levels. They really do have good song writers, too bad we don't know who wrote this soft gem.
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 5:35 pm
MiCHiRu

thanks for posting that nightblue Thumb ...gets me thinking...hmm...
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 2:43 am
manca

Confused I still didnt heard the sond nobodys.Please tell me where can I find it.TNX!!!! Hmmm laugh
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 1:45 pm
tatu_noir

i was just listening to nichya, and along with being moved to tears (i don't know. this whole wave of emotion suddenly came over me. the way yulia hugged lena at the end just made me sad for some reason. yulia is so cute and i love how she kept on holding lena even when not gonna get us started. little yulia Cry)
but i also got random imagery of (thisis gonna sound slightly cheesy) but i got a lot of images of water and the ocean, and then of yulia and lena as angels flying up in the sky through the clouds. the song gets so uplifting towards the end, ya know?
it just got me thinking that maybe that could be the theme to their next video? maybe i haven't been clued in otherwise, but what else is up with the images of them with wings in those latest ads in russia for their reality show?
just a thought :)

god i love this song(
PostWed Jan 07, 2004 2:11 am
Dean

Post subject: Nichya - Full song Reply with quote
Here's a link to the full version for anybody else that wants it!

http://tatu.deanbeckett.com/tatu_nichya.mp3
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 2:00 pm
hotcakes

Thanks Deanbeckett!

Oh but this is the live version. Hmm good aniwae. Yulia is speaking lotsa russian tho i dun understand. Thank you fer e LINK!!!
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 3:07 pm
Madonna

deanbeckett Thanks for the Link!!! Thumb

I love it!

-Madonna
PostThu Jul 29, 2004 1:48 pm
Nightblue

hotcakes wrote:
Oh but this is the live version.

Except for the 1 minute and 30 seconds demo (which for example can be downloaded from the audio folder at the tatu.kicks-ass FTP site), there is no studio version of Nich'ya around on the internet up till now.
PostThu Jul 29, 2004 6:41 pm
Rob

Post subject: Re: Nichya - Full song Reply with quote
deanbeckett wrote:
Here's a link to the full version for anybody else that wants it!

http://tatu.deanbeckett.com/tatu_nichya.mp3

Thanks a lot! Thumb
PostThu Jul 29, 2004 9:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
loyalfan

Good song - but I am a bigger fan of thier faster material. I don't know if I could take too much of this song - I am waiting for the next ATTSS to come from these new songwriters and after Julai finishes her pregnancy cycle.
PostSun Aug 01, 2004 3:23 pm
LENAsLOVEnia

Nichya is nice song Thumb
I like it Thumb
PostMon Aug 02, 2004 6:28 am
Pinky00

sadly the link didnt work for me Frown

"Why did I let you walk, when I all I had to do was say I'm sorry... I let my pride get in the way"
PostTue Aug 03, 2004 1:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: