:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
Official t.A.T.u. Reality Show Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatyana

Post subject: Tatu is not over Reply with quote
This so called reality show was just a bunch of propaganda garbage by Ivan Shapovalov and his followers. It is obvious that he thought the girls would come back to him begging him to take them back, but this hasn't happened. So, Ivan is distorting the image of the girls, and trying to make it look as if he is the reason for their success, and that he can create the same kind of success with any other performers and singers.

Left me tell Ivan something, he is sadly mistakened if he thinks he was the reason for their success. Ivan Shapovalov didn't write their music, he didn't sing for them. He didn't perform on stage for them. Tatu became successful because Yulia and Lena were unique and original, and very talented. Their personalities were so special, and their voices so original that the very first time you heard them sing, and see them perform and talk, you were instantly in love with them!

I now know why the girls left Ivan Shapovalov. Because they love Lena Kiper, and they didn't want to ever record another album without her. Guys, Lena Kiper was very close to Yulia and Lena. And the moment Kiper left, it meant the end not of Yulia and Lena, but the end of Ivan Shapovalov!!! The only real thing about this reality show is that it marks the end of Ivan Shapovalov!!

Trevor Horn, one of the greatest producers ever, he helped produce Tatu's album. He said that Yulia and Lena have great tenacity. This means that Yulia and Lena will be back for sure, but on their own schedule, and not Ivan Shapovalov's schedule, or anyone else's schedule. Yulia and Lena will be back and working with Lena Kiper. We probably don't realise how important Lena Kiper truly was. And I have already read from Trevor Horn that he will help Yulia and Lena if they ever need his help! This is the end of Ivan Shapovalov, and not the end of Yulia and Lena! Yulia and Lena have tenacity and true talent, and beautiful voices and personality, and they have legions of fans around theworld, and they have Lena Kiper and Trevor Horn to always help them along the way. They have "time" on their side as well, because they are so refreshingly young. Yulia and Lena wouldn't want us to worry, so don't worry.
PostMon Mar 15, 2004 10:38 pm
Tishbite

Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, if you want to know the true definition of a producer his name is Trevor Horn. Trevor Horn plays instruments and can read music and write songs and has produced some of the most successful acts in the world for 25 years now. He is a genious and not Shap. Shap is just lucky. When I saw that vid of him going into a hotel and pointing a gun, albeit a fake one at people who don't know it's fake, It truely cemented my feeling of him as an ignorant a**hole. Stupidity like this shouldn't be rewarded and he is losing his super group because if it. The guy doesn't have a musical bone in his body, just publicity stunt ideas that are getting old.
PostMon Mar 15, 2004 11:51 pm
RowerB

^ I know this is Ivan bashing season, but tatu were massive in Eastern Europe before Trevor Horn had anything to do with them.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 1:50 am
Tishbite

But outside eastern europe it was trevor horn's rewritten english song that made them no. 1. I'm sure they would rather be no. 1 both inside *and* outside eastern europe. You make more money that way.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 1:58 am
Rob

As Trevor Horn only made rather small changes in the arrangements of the songs and translated the lyrics, I'd say the main reason for choosing him was his name in the music-business.
By choosing him Ivan or the record-company (whoever decided this) made sure that tATu would get some attention by the press and media.

The russian song-writers wrote excellent songs and the combination of great songs/lyrics and Ivan's strategy made tATu the big hit they were in Russia and eastern Europe.

Sadly Ivan lost it somewhere along the road, as he had great song-writers like Galoyan, Kirszenbaum, Polienko, Kiper or Lasar - there could have been a new album long ago if he didn't manage to drive them all away.

I hope Y/L find a promising new producer or get together with their former song-writers in Russia (I doubt the russian fans would like the idea of them changing to a western producer, besides I doubt they would wanna do so themselves.)
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 6:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Joe

I agree with Rob on the issue of the girls using only Russian songwriters and producers. Part of what made Tatu so unique was the fact that they didn't sound generic, like every damn western pop act sounds.

My Two Cents
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 9:09 am
Tatyana

Post subject: Everything Trevor touches turns to gold Reply with quote
I know for a fact that if Yulia and Lena have Trevor Horn as their producer they will always be successful, this is a fact. Trevor Horn has the respect of the entire music world, and he always makes the albums he produces sound as if they are years ahead of its time. He made the 200k/hr album sound really expensive. Trevor Horn wrote the "Clowns" song, and it was he who suggested to change the phrase from "I've Lost My Mind" to "All The Things She Said". That phrase "ATTSS" was the most famous thing to come out of 2003!!! Without Trevor Horn we would have been singing the words "I've Lost My Mind" instead of the words "All The Things She Said". What makes Trevor Horn good also is that he always gives the artists the encouragement they need when they are making the album.

Everything that Trevor Horn touches always turns to gold!!!!

Lena Katina has said that she liked working with Trevor Horn a lot, and that he has a really good personality making it enjoyable and relaxing to work with him. With Trevor Horn helping, Lena will be more likely to continue working.

I am glad that the reality show is over, and I hope to never see or hear from Ivan Shapovalov again. Ivan Shapovalov was only good at coming up with things to shock people. Now that the girls are world famous, they don't need shock value anymore in order to get recognized. Ivan now has become more of a distraction. Lena Kiper and all of the other russian songwriters can now get to work and use Trevor Horn to produce and make the second album!!!
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 6:34 pm
Rob

Post subject: Re: Everything Trevor touches turns to gold Reply with quote
Tatyana wrote:
I know for a fact that if Yulia and Lena have Trevor Horn as their producer they will always be successful, this is a fact.

I doubt they would be succesfull in Russia with a western producer.
Anybody remember Alsou singing english in Russia - didn't turn out the way she expected.

Besides how come some people act as if "200 km .... " was written by Trevor Horn?!
The russian album was completely written by russian songwriters who did an excellent job.
The only thing Horn did was write new arrangments and it's a question of personal taste which version one prefers.
As far as I'm concerned I prefer in most cases the russian ones.
Besides the most important thing about Horn was his name as the album was already there, his name granted the best promotion in the West an unknown russian group could ask for.

Quote:
Trevor Horn wrote the "Clowns" song,

That's wrong, "Clouny" was not written by Horn.
Take a look in the booklet of the russian album.

Quote:
and it was he who suggested to change the phrase from "I've Lost My Mind" to "All The Things She Said".

As he had to translate the lyrics he did his job.
By the way I also prefer the russian lyrics.

Yulia and Lena can work together with a russian producer and the best solution would be to get back the songwriters of the "200 km..." album - Galoyan, Kiper, Polienko, Kirzsenbaum and also Lasar.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 7:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tatyana

Post subject: Trevor Horn is important, he likes the girls. Reply with quote
I only own the English album of the 200k/m, and it says Trevor Horn helped write the"Clowns" song, and not just the lyrics. This is where I received that information from. I don't own the Russian version of the album. I wish I did, because I too like the Russian songs better too.

I only said that I hope for Trevor Horn to help produce Yulia and Lena's albums, not that I hope for him to write the songs. I prefer the Russian sound as well, compared to the western sound. Trevor Horn prefers the European sound compared to western sound also. Remember, Trevor Horn is European and he loves rock music compared to the American pop crap. Trevor Horn has influenced so many rock artists in Eastern Europe, because of the electronic rock sound that he helped create. For instance, Tatu has been compared to the group "Prodigy". The group Prodigy has said that their idol was Trevor Horn. Tatu and Ivan did not go to Trevor Horn for help like others think. The truth is that Trevor Horn went to Tatu, and asked them if he could help them!!! Ivan never contacted Trevor Horn, it was the other way around! Trevor contacted Tatu! Trevor Horn said that he thought Yulia and Lena have something that is very good and unique, and he wanted to help them. Because Tatu sounded somewhat like Protigy, especially on the song "Nas Ne Dagonyat", Trevor Horn liked them and wanted to help the girls.

We need Trevor Horn to keep helping Yulia and Lena. When you ask anyone in the world the first thing they think of when they hear of Yulia and Lena, they immediately think, "Oh yea, the girls who sing and perform All The Things She Said. You then see the importance of Trevor Horn, he was able to think of a phrase that would catch a chord in so many peoples minds! All The Things She Said: this phrase is a masterpiece! And it will live on forever! Trevor Horn wouldn't write their songs for them, but would sharpen everything for them, just a little bit, like making catchy phrases, and would make the production of their album second to none. That is all he would do. I know that Trevor Horn didn't create 200km/hr, but there is no denying that he helped a lot. When Yulia and Lena were embarrassed because they couldn't sing English well, he kept encouraging them. No one else did, not even Ivan. The rest is history. Lena Kiper and all the Russian writers would write the songs, Trevor Horn would just make sure they would hit number one.

And also, Trevor Horn would never think of creating a stupid reality show embarrassing the girls, Trevor would try his best to help Yulia and Lena. And Trevor has said that if Yulia and Lena should ever need his help, he will help them the best he can. I just wanted to remind everyone of this, so they would not think that it was the end of Yulia and Lena. Yulia and Lena now have a lot of clout in the music industry by being friends with Trevor Horn and with Lena Kiper and others. It is not the end of Yulia and Lena, but the end of Ivan Shapovalov.
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 9:51 pm
Tishbite

Yep and with Shap the producer of the second tatu album, you only get one song with Lena and Yulia singing and the rest of it done by people off the street. Some great producer, huh?
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 11:32 pm
Nightblue

Owning both the "200 KM/H In The Wrong Lane" and the "200 Po Vstrechnoi" albums, let me try to make clear what Trevor Horn's creative contribution has been:

He has translated into English and to a certain extent rewritten the following songs from "200 Po Vstrechnoi" for "200 KM/H In The Wrong Lane":
    * "Nas Ne Dogonyat", which became "Not Gonna Get Us";
    * "Ya Soshla S Uma", which became "All The Things She Said", in cooperation with Martin Kierszenbaum;
    * "Klouny", which became "Clowns".

He produced the following songs for "200 KM/H In The Wrong Lane":
    * "Not Gonna Get Us";
    * "All The Things She Said";
    * "Clowns",
    * the version of "Ya Soshla S Uma" that is on this album (most distinguishing difference compared to the version on the "200 Po Vstrechnoi" album: heavy guitar sounds added);
    * the version of "Nas Ne Dogonyat" that is on this album (most distinguishing difference compared to the version on the "200 Po Vstrechnoi" album: shorter outro by the drum computer).

All this information can be derived directly from the CDs.
PostWed Mar 17, 2004 6:44 am
Rob

Post subject: Re: Trevor Horn is important, he likes the girls. Reply with quote
Tatyana wrote:
I only own the English album of the 200k/m, and it says Trevor Horn helped write the"Clowns" song, and not just the lyrics. This is where I received that information from.

Horn's changes in the arrangements of "Clowns" were more than to the other songs that's why he got credited but the song originally was not written by him.

Quote:
I only said that I hope for Trevor Horn to help produce Yulia and Lena's albums, not that I hope for him to write the songs.

I have nothing against Horn and if there are, let's call it typical tATu-songs, means their unique style, I don't care much who is the producer as in my opinion the songwriters are more important.

Quote:
Tatu and Ivan did not go to Trevor Horn for help like others think. The truth is that Trevor Horn went to Tatu, and asked them if he could help them!!! Ivan never contacted Trevor Horn, it was the other way around! Trevor contacted Tatu! Trevor Horn said that he thought Yulia and Lena have something that is very good and unique, and he wanted to help them.

No offense intended, but where you got that from?
As far as I know the record-company was looking for someone in the West who could rearrange the songs from the russian album and translate the lyrics.
And as Horn has a well-known name in the music-business they could be sure that this collaboration would provide the necessary promotion and attention from the media for this unknwon russian group.
PostWed Mar 17, 2004 7:46 am
in_blue

Quote:
It is not the end of Yulia and Lena, but the end of Ivan Shapovalov.

Thumb
PostWed Mar 17, 2004 10:08 am
Thoralin

Sorry for being late.

Ruivelle wrote:
wanna know Lena schedule while she's on singapore ?? she came right before the MAA begin on around 17.00pm , stay at that quite boring show until 22.00pm , back to the hotel for teh afterparty until 3.00am , and fly straight back to moscow on 10.30 am for another 20 hours flight .... u don't think that's tiring ..YES INDEED , ON MY OPINION !! yulia didn't wanna do that , that's her choice , even i also wouldn't want to do that !!

Hmmm, considering the distance between Moscow and Singapore is 8410 km (5226 km) I think single flight time is 10 hours, not 20. In addition she seems to have stayed about 18 hours iso 4.

untamed|passion wrote:
20 hours flight! ugg...If you've ever flown far you know how horibble it can be to be stuck on a plane unable to move for 20 hours.

I think they fly first class.

BTW, ití not really nice of Yulia to discredit Ivan in front of the fans (by saying he recommends they shouldnít think of the fans).

Nike75 wrote:
TATU_in_Podnebesnaya_episode3_lena_faint.avi

Lena makes hypertension and falls systematically asleep after a concert (from the article http://taty-tatu.org/article.php3?id_article=11 that I plan to translate later this millennium)

Tatyana wrote:
What does everyone else think about this? Think about it everyone, what are the chances that the minute the Russian Duma was starting to go after Tatu, Ivan and the girls decided to separate. Also notice that Ivan has said that the girls could still use the Tatu name if they wanted to, and that if the girls ever wanted him to be their manager again he would to it. I think they are pretending not to be together just until the Duma goes away. I hope everyone was able to understand what I just wrote. Tell me what you think?

I think thatís taking your dreams for reality. The documentary contained too little to get t.A.T.u. into serious trouble, but apparently enough to get them the attention they desire. I donít think t.A.T.u. temporarily separating from Neformat would change anything to the prosecution, at least not if they make up later, unless the elections would change matters, but they have long passed.
If the suggestions that they use drugs are so well hidden that it escaped most forum members than the only thing they could be accused of isnít true : encouraging drug use. Also in order to have it influence their image, people would have to think they use drugs and most fans donít.

[quote=ĒTatyanaĒ]Notice that Yulia said as the main reason for dropping Shapovalov was because "He cares more about making scandals rather than making music."[/quote]
I think the problem is not enough music rather than too much scandal.

I have another theory. Ivan wanted to fake a break-up between him and the girls, but he played it too well. :D

alinochka wrote:
i hope people don't get offended by what i write but i think that this needs to be said. tatu has tried to keep themselves on top by using every thing possible. could it be that the new breaking up thing is just the only thing left they could do to get ppl's attention?

I donít think so. This reality show is unusual enough and this (be it apparent) break-up is interfering with the production of the new album. An album is due for long enough. That should be the priority IMO. They should postpone that kind of scheme till later in their career, when they have the time. Even then it would be of questionable ethics and be difficult to pull off. There is no grandmother this time telling that itís all a hoax.
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 6:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nike75

Thoralin wrote:
Ruivelle wrote:
wanna know Lena schedule while she's on singapore ?? she came right before the MAA begin on around 17.00pm , stay at that quite boring show until 22.00pm , back to the hotel for teh afterparty until 3.00am , and fly straight back to moscow on 10.30 am for another 20 hours flight .... u don't think that's tiring ..YES INDEED , ON MY OPINION !! yulia didn't wanna do that , that's her choice , even i also wouldn't want to do that !!

Hmmm, considering the distance between Moscow and Singapore is 8410 km (5226 km) I think single flight time is 10 hours, not 20. In addition she seems to have stayed about 18 hours iso 4.

There is no direct flight from Moscow to Singapore, you have to stop at Frankfurt/M. (Germany) in between and then the during of the flight is indeed about 20h.

Nike
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 6:51 pm
Lizzie24

but still she's flying first class it appears she can sleep on the flight. Also she has the layover in Germany to get up and move around.

That's not bad. I did 15 hours straight in economy and I can't sleep in airplanes. And I didn't find it to bad.

All she really had to do was take a nap and bring a cd player with tones of bateries.

thanks to nunzilla for the banner and av.

GO TEAM CANADA
PostThu Mar 25, 2004 7:01 pm
pessoa

does anybody know where to download the episodes?
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 1:22 pm
Thoralin

Nike wrote:
There is no direct flight from Moscow to Singapore, you have to stop at Frankfurt/M. (Germany) in between and then the during of the flight is indeed about 20h.
Thatís odd, as Germany completely in the opposite direction, which adds some distance. Moscow - Frankfurt is 2039 km (1267 miles) and Frankfurt Singapore is 10264 km (6378 miles), bringing the total to 12303 km (7645 miles). I would expect there to be a transfer point somewhere in between, like Bombay, Delhi or Bangkok. But Lizzie24 said it : she didnít have to spend those 20 hours on a plane. She could stretch her legs in Frankfurt. Itís a long journey still though.

pessoa wrote:
does anybody know where to download the episodes?

www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=285825#285825
For earlier episodes look at the beginning of this thread. I donít know where the later episodes are to be found.
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 5:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nike75

Quote:
Thatís odd, as Germany completely in the opposite direction, which adds some distance. Moscow - Frankfurt is 2039 km (1267 miles) and Frankfurt Singapore is 10264 km (6378 miles), bringing the total to 12303 km (7645 miles). I would expect there to be a transfer point somewhere in between, like Bombay, Delhi or Bangkok. But Lizzie24 said it : she didnít have to spend those 20 hours on a plane. She could stretch her legs in Frankfurt. Itís a long journey still though.

I just quote paradoxides who posted the following on tatysite.net ( he also posted it here, but I didn't found it)

Quote:
I know - it still can be a big disappointment for fans, but this flight was a little bit longer - ca 20 hours!
according to
http://www.worldairportguides.com/flights.html

Moscow (SVO) - Frankfurt (FRA)* - Singapore (SIN)
Total Trip Time: 22h 15m
Moscow (SVO) - Beijing (PEK)* - Singapore (SIN)
Total Trip Time: 21h 50m
Moscow (SVO) - Istanbul (IST)* - Singapore (SIN)
Total Trip Time: 24h 40m
Moscow (SVO) - Paris (CDG)* - Singapore (SIN)
Total Trip Time: 23h 45m

Nike

Last edited by nike75 on Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 6:10 pm
Lizzie24

you don't have to go to germany. She could have gone to Bangkok for her stop over which would have made the trip a grand total of 16-17 hours.

Here are the miles. Moscow to Bankok 4382. Bankok to Singapore 897.

Here's how i got my numbers.

Aeroflot - Russian Intl
Flight: 553 Moscow, Sheremetyevo, Russia
Depart: April 09, 2004
11:59 PM
Bangkok, Bangkok International, Thailand
Arrive: April 10, 2004
12:15 PM
0 ILYUSHIN IL-96 300 First

Garuda Indonesia
Flight: 829 Bangkok, Bangkok International, Thailand
Depart: April 10, 2004
01:40 PM
Singapore, Changi International Airport, Singapore
Arrive: April 10, 2004
04:55 PM

Total Flying Time 12:56

The are other flights on the page if you want to check it out.
http://www.destina.ca/

thanks to nunzilla for the banner and av.

GO TEAM CANADA
PostFri Mar 26, 2004 6:10 pm
NEBUDU

8 April 2004 Podnebesnaya t.A.T.u.: 12 Songs include 1 from t.A.T.u.
This collection is the part of new communicational format that unites Internet, TV and audio. Initially the reality show TATU in Podnebesnaya had only one aim- recording the second album of the group. New independent projects, musicians were born at the momens of hearing the sent material and this is how was made the collection. This collection is the channel of report of Russian music to the world. In the same time with origin version international edition will be appear and it will consists practically the same tracks. 12 heroes take part in the making of collestion, they are who sent their compositions to the Podnebesnaya. New song of TATU is included in the collection and as a bonus-track there is the banned on TV clip called "An alien" ("Inoplanetyanin" on Russian) Tranlstion by belissa from the forum: thanks! Content of CD:

1. Digital pussy (-)
2. ??????? (Belochka)
3. ???????? (Chorchovon)
4. ?????? ????? (Volodya Putin)
5. ?????? ?????? (Zakony Prosty)
6. ????? (Naidu)
7. ?????????? (Radiostorm)
8. ?????? ??? (Smisla Net)
9. ??????? (Planeta)
10. ?? ????? (Ne jdala)
11. ?.?. (H.V.)
12. ????? ????? (Mejdu nebom)

http://www.tatu.fatal.ru Wave
PostThu Apr 08, 2004 1:58 pm
nike75

Could one of the Russian-speaking members please take a look at that picture and be so kind as to translate what's on it? Thank you very much!

Nike
PostWed May 12, 2004 4:20 am
haku

It means:

After the Eurovision contest, the Russian delegation received a written certificate that Ireland televiewers gave Tatu 12 points. These points would have given Tatu the first place.

Votes of Irish televiewers were replaced by the decision of national jury which voted from the viewing of the dress rehearsal where Yulia Volkova did not sing, consequently they did not give Tatu any points.
PostWed May 12, 2004 7:31 am
nike75

Thanks haku Thumb .

Nike
PostWed May 12, 2004 7:33 am
swagato

holy god
does that mean tATu actually would have won first place???!?!? Confused Surprised/Shocked
PostWed May 12, 2004 1:56 pm
xena225

swagato wrote:
does that mean tATu actually would have won first place???!?!? Confused Surprised/Shocked

As they only needed 3 points to win (if I remember correctly), they would most certainly have won with the 12 Irish points. Indifferent Mad

Thanks for the info, Nike and haku!

xena225
PostWed May 12, 2004 2:10 pm
|capricious|

aww. and that was almost a year ago. God, it feels like yesterday.
How I miss that time, all the gossip and attention from ESC..
help me, I'm getting nostalgic..
PostWed May 12, 2004 3:11 pm
Blackcat

Just think, if t.A.T.u had won the ESC, the event would have been held in Russia this year and Yulia and Lena could have been hosting it!
LOL Can you imagine?

Yulia - "Great Britain - nul points"

LOL
PostWed May 12, 2004 3:17 pm
RowerB

Well, as it?s eurovision week:-
According to the Eurovision update: Irish televote results released thread, posted by Celtic Jobber on 28/07/03, here :

http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6380&sid=dee66a9359e220582719f597f575e3d6

the Irish telepoll gave tatu no points.
Belgium would have gone down to third place, because the Irish jury gave them 10 points, while the telepoll gave them 2 points.

You?ll see by the replies that nobody believed this. Who knows what the truth is?
PostWed May 12, 2004 4:26 pm
Nightblue

|capricious| wrote:
aww. and that was almost a year ago. God, it feels like yesterday.
How I miss that time, all the gossip and attention from ESC..
help me, I'm getting nostalgic..

Hmm, I am not nostalgic at all about most of what was going on with t.A.T.u. in connection to the ESC: in my opinion it very much represents what I consider the negative side-effects of the height of the t.A.Tu. hype: the negatively biased attention and the constant stream of rumours (which was certainly fueled also by Ivan's increasingly stupid publicity stunts).

If the current quiet time is because t.A.T.u is busy getting things back on track and working in silence at their second album, then I prefer this quietness, no doubt about that.
PostWed May 12, 2004 6:31 pm
|capricious|

Nightblue wrote:
Hmm, I am not nostalgic at all about most of what was going on with t.A.T.u. in connection to the ESC: in my opinion it very much represents what I consider the negative side-effects of the height of the t.A.Tu. hype: the negatively biased attention and the constant stream of rumours (which was certainly fueled also by Ivan's increasingly stupid publicity stunts).

If the current quiet time is because t.A.T.u is busy getting things back on track and working in silence at their second album, then I prefer this quietness, no doubt about that.

I didn't mean I liked the rumors (that actually were mostely negative, you're right about that)
but I meant knowing that they were actually doing something new, and the anticipation of seeing their live performance, that's what I meant.
I hope you're right about them getting things back on track...
PostThu May 13, 2004 9:35 am
RowerB

I?m not sure if this is the right place for this.

In the KP interview with Lena posted by xena225, here: http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13202&sid=3d1c6a72eedff8679ef369e228bdef44
Lena says:
Quote:
I?m not excluding the possibility that Shapovalov wanted the project completely gone, so that no one knew where the Tatu-girls were. Maybe he was afraid that the second album will be worse then the first one. It?s not nice to fall from the Olimpic Mountain.

In the Shap bashing episode of the ?Reality? Show according to the transcript posted by elf, here:
http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10899&start=0&sid=7259bf7e57a693a15a1b35682dba741d
Lena says:
Quote:
When it was clear to everyone that something needed to be done, nobody did anything. I'm saying "Vanya, let's make a new album." - "Ok". After doing nothing for 2 months, "Vanya, when are we going to record the album?" - "We will...soon." - "Let's make the album." - "Ok, soon, we are almost starting." And 4 more months pass. It has been this way for a couple of years by now.

It seems likely the people who said Ivan wanted tatu to finished, were right. The planning for the Anatomy must have started around New Year 2003, at the latest, before the US tour etc. He may have wanted it to end with the Anatomy, but later had the idea for the ?Reality? Show, so the last scenes showing Yulia on the bus and Lena in the metro were cut from the TV showing on 12/12/03.

As has been said before, maybe the angel wings were a symbol of the death of the group. The Ya Budu clip showing the cut scenes from the end of the Anatomy, gave a riches to rags impression and the ?And now it will be our last song? quote, finished it off nicely.
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 10:10 pm
Agnes

RowerB wrote:
It seems likely the people who said Ivan wanted tatu to finished, were right. The planning for the Anatomy must have started around New Year 2003, at the latest, before the US tour etc. He may have wanted it to end with the Anatomy, but later had the idea for the ?Reality? Show, so the last scenes showing Yulia on the bus and Lena in the metro were cut from the TV showing on 12/12/03.

I'm sure Ivan had some kind of plan for this project, how it would develop and even how it would end. But it's too early to say if the plan really worked out, because along the way the project got a life of its own beyond his control. Maybe it became something he didn't expect when he made the plans, so he didn't really have the power to stop it.
Anyway, something tells me that when we look back, the anatomy will be regarded as the end of the tatu-project, even if "the show goes on".
PostMon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 am
xena225

I think, Lena said it best in the kp.ru interview:

"The break-up with Shapovalov was not positive nor negative. It?s a new chapter." (Lena Katina)

I agree that Ivan Shapovalov may have been taken by surprise that the project was beyond his control, and this became very obvious when the girls decided to part ways with him and it wasn't the end of Tatu. Yulia and Lena seemed to be very determined to keep going - as Tatu. It remains to be seen where the project is heading, it's difficult to predict. Change is a natural thing, a necessary thing even in show business (in all creative fields actually). If you look at Tatu at the beginning of 2003, and compare it to the end of 2003, there was an immense change already in my opinion. Soon we will see how the break-up with Ivan Shapovalov has affected Tatu. The fact that the new contracts give Lena and Yulia more creative influence than before will most certainly have an impact as well. So in a way - instead of seeing it as the end of Tatu, I'd rather agree with Lena, and say: "It's a new chapter."

RowerB, very interesting thoughts! Thumb

xena225
PostMon Oct 04, 2004 4:44 am
Agnes

xena225 wrote:
The fact that the new contracts give Lena and Yulia more creative influence than before will most certainly have an impact as well. So in a way - instead of seeing it as the end of Tatu, I'd rather agree with Lena, and say: "It's a new chapter."

I agree, it's not the end of the pop band tatu, on the contrary i think this truly is a new beginning for them. But from what we have seen lately, IMO it's obvious that the project tatu, Ivans creation, is more or less over already. It?s a shame because I believe they have what it takes to be more than a pop band and make a difference even without Ivan. Unfortunately their new image shown in recent interviews and photoshoots imply they don?t have a clue what made them special in the first place? But that?s another thread I believe Smile
PostMon Oct 04, 2004 5:20 am
Rob

Agnes wrote:
I agree, it's not the end of the pop band tatu, on the contrary i think this truly is a new beginning for them. But from what we have seen lately, IMO it's obvious that the project tatu, Ivans creation, is more or less over already. It?s a shame because I believe they have what it takes to be more than a pop band and make a difference even without Ivan. Unfortunately their new image shown in recent interviews and photoshoots imply they don?t have a clue what made them special in the first place?

I gotta agree with that.
tATu were more than a usual pop-band, but I still hope that both of them get aware of what made them so special to many fans and they do not become a russian copy of AtomicKitten&Co.
PostMon Oct 04, 2004 6:45 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: