:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
what, t.A.T.u, gone PUNK??????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
natt-1411

Post subject: what, t.A.T.u, gone PUNK?????? Reply with quote
i was in the tatu 740 chat room when everyone was talking about tatus new album and that yulia and lena have gone punk Rock Rock Rock
if thats true that wud be so cool but it wudnt seem right
so have ne of u heard about the new album and if they have gona punk or not? AAA! Whip
xxx natalie
place your hand in mine
il leave wen i wanna!!!!
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 11:24 am
MarkAfterDark

Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatu could do R&B and it would still sound good, but i wouldn't want them to, that would be lame, but on the other hand them going punk would be dope. Yulia could totally do the whole punk thing.
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 12:16 pm
Fox

All Tatu ever said was that it's gonna be different from 200km/h In The Wrong Lane, and Yulia once said it was gonna be more rock-ish :)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see :thumbsup:

Fox. LaLa
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 1:48 pm
akuracol

in which topic did you see that?? can you give me the link?
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 3:04 pm
Strelok

Lena's got the perfect hair for headbanging!

But I think this was probably an exaggeration- maybe the new album will be more 'rockish' but c'mon, punk?
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 3:37 pm
scotfan

They have always been punk as an attitude.

Musically, they are either wall-of-sound euro dance/pop, or light ballad. But they could do attack rock as well, especially with Yul's voice in trouble for the high notes.
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 4:08 pm
MOOPs

akuracol wrote:
in which topic did you see that?? can you give me the link?

If you're talking about what TheFox said, Yulia said that the music will sound more like trance and rock combined. I believe she said this on the Interaktiv program in Germany. The same program that got all the tabloid publicity claiming that Yulia (it was actually Lena) simulated gay sex with a boy on stage. Albeit, she did, but it wasn't such a big deal.

"Show love with no remorse..."
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 6:10 pm
Touji

I hope they don't sound punk. Frown They might be a lot of experimental songs on the new album... I mean I want it to sound different but still like Taty. Yulia could definitely do rock though.
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 5:47 am
tatufever

actually i think it would be a perfect idea for them to do punk! Yulia is already a punk Grin and her voice is suitable for screaming.. but Lena may seem not in the type? Hmmm laugh

maybe they can do rap metal too.. Yulia's rapping Lovely
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 6:48 am
Strelok

Rap metal, eh? This is all sounding interesting. Why don't they do death metal? LOL I can just see it now: "And new in at number one it's Tatu with 'Hammer Smashed Face'" Rofl that would kill me!
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 7:49 am
Abe

Charger440 wrote:
Rap metal, eh? This is all sounding interesting. Why don't they do death metal? LOL I can just see it now: "And new in at number one it's Tatu with 'Hammer Smashed Face'" Rofl that would kill me!

Cannibal T.a.t.u.

Lena - low growls
Yulia - high screams

:lol:

In all seriousness, I'm for them incorporating more rock/metal Rock elements into their music.

†††Abe†††
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 1:15 pm
scotfan

With Rammstein, they could set fire to Ivan. Grin

Only joking Vanya, but get your finger out.
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 5:28 pm
hikari2002

That's actually pretty cool w00t
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 8:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tatufever

Abe wrote:
Charger440 wrote:

Cannibal T.a.t.u.

Lena - low growls
Yulia - high screams

†††Abe†††

:lol: LOL
that is classic!
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 3:24 am
Alastair

tatufever wrote:
Abe wrote:
Charger440 wrote:

Cannibal T.a.t.u.

Lena - low growls
Yulia - high screams

†††Abe†††

:lol: LOL
that is classic!

death metal lol
how sad Hmmm laugh

they should do some black metal. that would be sweet.
yulia coz shes got the fucked voice can do the growls. she sounds lie a guy sort of....they could do it burzum style.
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 9:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Abe

Burzum Rofl

Maybe they can do it Kovenant style since they use techno elements in their music.

†††Abe†††
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 11:49 pm
tatubi

that would be cool.. Rock

but...uhm..i think t.A.T.u's characteristic is being different than the rest of the music scene......nowadays punk and rock are really common (eg: all the bands begin with "the")......so i don't what to hear music from "The t.A.t.u."....

I hope they try in this new album a mixture of a new sound and the sound from the first album,which made t.A.T.u. different form the rest in the music bussines
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 12:11 am
dan91988

um, ew... lmao. maybe if their album sounded like that song Polyusa it would be bangin, but punk? whut do u mean by punk? hardcore heavy metal rock, or punk as in Good Charlotte, or simple plan? i think they should do a mix, like have a song with a rapper featured, and sum punk songs, and sum songs like their old 1's. attss is kinda rock, right? i mean it's got all the bass and shit, i think their only classified as "pop" cuz of their high pitched voices. when is their next album gonna come out any way? Confused
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 1:13 am
alex02ny

hmm, I don't think they'd turn in their boots for Vans skater shoes. Grin I think they were always a band that had a variety to their sound. So that's good that they're still exploring different sounds.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 2:10 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
natt-1411

dudes u have all lost ur minds
place your hand in mine
il leave wen i wanna!!!!
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 3:34 pm
Strelok

natt-1411 wrote:
dudes u have all lost ur minds

Grin

How about just a EP of metal covers? That would be dope.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 3:44 pm
Trunkster

Tatu hasn't let me down yet with any of their songs. No matter what style(s) they choose, it will most likely be the best for them. Tatu could even make opera sound good.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 4:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
RowerB

Trunkster wrote:
Tatu hasn't let me down yet with any of their songs. No matter what style(s) they choose, it will most likely be the best for them. Tatu could even make opera sound good.

After hearing the New Years Eve collaboration thing, Polosa – Poesiya, I’m convinced you’re right Trunkster.
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 1:35 am
tatyshki

Yulia seems to have an inner punk
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 1:42 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sid

I love tATu & I love punk.
I guess they might 2 do a lil (pop) punk stuff, not really go 2 punk, cos they r not. Their last album contains a lil punk elemant too.
I hope it'll come out a kind of whole new thing, beyond anything exists. That's what I think about their last album.

Last edited by Sid on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 5:58 am
Kary y Tony

It would be kool if they turned punk, they definitly have the style. I love punk so it would be great.

"Create your own reality, dont live on dreams, but do have dreams to help create your reality" By ME Karina

http://www.artistopia.com/nosubject
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 8:07 am
Solo

i think it will be in Ne veri ne boisa rithm Grin its just so cool...but well Yulia is keep saying that she is not gonna scream any more Frown that means nooo hard rock Frown

http://www.solo-evolution.com/
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 9:01 am
Breezay

I've heard some people refer to all the things she said as punkish... I think they meant more their rebellious nature than their style of music though...

They should team up with Brody of the distillers and rip shit up Grin

Thanks to YRX for da banner :D
"Father considers, that the future trade of the daughter (she studies as the psychologist in the Moscow State University) helps her to resist to temptations of unisex love."
visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 3:51 pm
kδty

scotfan wrote:
They have always been punk as an attitude.

Musically, they are either wall-of-sound euro dance/pop, or light ballad. But they could do attack rock as well, especially with Yul's voice in trouble for the high notes.

yep.totally right..but the tatu for punk thing would mean to me only an endless happiness:p i luv tatu and i luv punk!hehe...i would have nuffin against it..
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 4:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lillith

Im a punk rock girl at heart it's my fave music and I think it would be awsome if they did it but I just can't see it. As you all have said yulia is true punk at heart she has the attitude and all but im guessing if they did do it the sounds would be like good charlotte or new found glory which in my opinion is not punk.... but ehh It's TATU they are gonna sound great what ever they do more power to them.

p.s couldn't you just see yulia with liberty spikes Sexy Drool
Flesh into gear myself apears disected and pretentious. A simple sound a heavy sigh could win the whole world over. You live in fear of being someone that you didn't want to I realize your insecurities will get the best of you
PostTue Feb 03, 2004 7:38 pm
Streblo

I don't like puck. It sounds stupid, IMO. If t.A.T.u. goes punk, I'm probably done with them.

Metal? Well, I like metal... but lena and yulia in metal? I sit here listening to Kitty and realize that girls don't sound right in metal. In songs like Her Ghost in the Fog, byCradle of Filth, the gir sounds good, but thats because she is not singing like the men, she is singing more opera-like (I don't know the term). Females jut don't sound right in metal, at least in the types of metal in which I've heard hem sing.

If they go more like the polyusa song, with the rathre liberal syncopy (whic both of the girls sound very cool doing Smile ) and raspy voices, or even other stuff along those lines, they could do well, I think... but I don't like polyusa. Frown I think they could do some more laid back music like a song with DDT. I would seriously dig a t.A.T.u. remix of Mal'chik slepoj Grin But I think that just wishful thinking.

I hope t.A.T.u. stays with dance. If they stray too far,they will lose support for the people who liked them in the beginning (like me), while gaining support of new groups of people. If they do other stuff and dance, it would probably be cool. They are both very talented, and its cool to see what they can do. I promote their experimenting, but I don't think they should switch...at least I hope they don't.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
PostWed Feb 04, 2004 9:49 am
Abe

Streblo wrote:

Metal? Well, I like metal... but lena and yulia in metal? I sit here listening to Kitty and realize that girls don't sound right in metal. In songs like Her Ghost in the Fog, byCradle of Filth, the gir sounds good, but thats because she is not singing like the men, she is singing more opera-like (I don't know the term). Females jut don't sound right in metal, at least in the types of metal in which I've heard hem sing.

Eh? It's Kittie, and Morgan sounds great, IMO. She's very versitile, in which she can sing cleanly and scream/growl with such a smooth transition. Listen to the "Oracle" album. Better yet, go to a show. She didn't get voted for best vocalist in metal for nothing. Also, Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy is very good as well. They certainly hold their own in this male dominated genre. Therefore, I believe that females are capable of sounding good singing/playing metal music. That's why I wouldn't close the door on the possibilty of Tatu dipping their feet in those waters.

Streblo wrote:

I hope t.A.T.u. stays with dance. If they stray too far,they will lose support for the people who liked them in the beginning (like me), while gaining support of new groups of people.

So.. This is a good thing, being able to attract new groups of people. It's better to branch out than to be one dimensional and stay the same for the rest of their career. They're not AC/DC.

†††Abe†††
PostWed Feb 04, 2004 10:08 am
Strelok

Abe wrote:
Streblo wrote:

Eh? It's Kittie, and Morgan sounds great, IMO. She's very versitile, in which she can sing cleanly and scream/growl with such a smooth transition. Listen to the "Oracle" album. Better yet, go to a show. She didn't get voted for best vocalist in metal for nothing. Also, Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy is very good as well. They certainly hold their own in this male dominated genre. Therefore, I believe that females are capable of sounding good singing/playing metal music. That's why I wouldn't close the door on the possibilty of Tatu dipping their feet in those waters.

Streblo wrote:

I hope t.A.T.u. stays with dance. If they stray too far,they will lose support for the people who liked them in the beginning (like me), while gaining support of new groups of people.

So.. This is a good thing, being able to attract new groups of people. It's better to branch out than to be one dimensional and stay the same for the rest of their career. They're not AC/DC.

†††Abe†††

I agree with you Abe. Morgan Lander's vocals are fucking savage, especially on 'Oracle'. I'm not a massive Kittie fan but I do think that Lander is a vocal inspiration to girls in metal.

But the question is do Julia and Lena even like metal music enough to dabble in it with Tatu? I don't know, someone inform me of their own taste's, please- I don't know what kinda music they even listen to to be honest.
PostWed Feb 04, 2004 2:42 pm
natt-1411

Breezay wrote:
I've heard some people refer to all the things she said as punkish... I think they meant more their rebellious nature than their style of music though...

They should team up with Brody of the distillers and rip shit up Grin

that wud be so kool t.A.T.u team up with brody dell thats kool and lucky me i get to meet the distillers in june
place your hand in mine
il leave wen i wanna!!!!
PostFri Feb 13, 2004 5:29 am
sweetLena

why not? they're a great singers sure they can sing any songs or maybe jazz Thumb
PostFri Feb 13, 2004 11:20 pm
tatufever

i just can't stop smiling imagine them singing punk and jumping around Grin
PostSat Feb 14, 2004 2:46 pm
Yulz

Streblo wrote:
I don't like punk. It sounds stupid, IMO. If t.A.T.u. goes punk, I'm probably done with them.

Yes i agree with you there, but i will not dump then if they stray in that direction.

Streblo wrote:
I hope t.A.T.u. stays with dance. If they stray too far,they will lose support for the people who liked them in the beginning (like me), while gaining support of new groups of people. If they do other stuff and dance, it would probably be cool. They are both very talented, and its cool to see what they can do. I promote their experimenting, but I don't think they should switch...at least I hope they don't.

^Exactly !!!!
PostThu Mar 04, 2004 5:38 am
kool_bananas

MADNESS i think tatu are awesome and punk is kool, but together it would be awesomely kool, lol. they would so suit it, but i also loved their other beat, tune, rythm in the 200km/h in the wrong lane, but this i gotta check out, i've heard most of the songs that u guys have posted with are rocking this world.
PostThu Mar 04, 2004 5:58 am
Aim

Hhahahahahaaa t.A.T.u punk...hey these two ladies are as far from punk as Germany from Australia...They'll never go punk, but the idea makes me laugh Smile They can go ahead and be "punkish" but that is not even near punk. Also Good Charlotte is miles away from punk, so I guess that t.A.T.u will never be punk...Smile
If they deside to do an album that is something different then please don't let it be R&B, because they have something "own" in their style...so I hope they just stay away from the whole hiphop/rap/R&B coulture...
PostTue Mar 16, 2004 6:17 pm
Kary y Tony

t.A.T.u= Punk Thumb Maybe i love it because i am punk and my band is Punk rock, yeah it would be great if they turn punk! Punk is NOT dead!!

"Create your own reality, dont live on dreams, but do have dreams to help create your reality" By ME Karina

http://www.artistopia.com/nosubject
PostWed Mar 17, 2004 9:54 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: