:: Home :: FAQ:: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Google
t.A.T.u. is nominated asThe Most Ridiculous Band Of The Year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldAIsyl

Post subject: t.A.T.u. is nominated asThe Most Ridiculous Band Of The Year Reply with quote
from TatySite.net
18.12.2003 (01:16) Canadians consider t.A.T.u. to be the most ridiculous band of the year
t.A.T.u. is nominated as The Most Ridiculous Band Of The Year at Fromage 2003 (Cheese). Fromage 2003 will air Saturday, December 27 at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. EST. This year’s show is subtitled "Why Music Sucks" and features some new categories, including Cheeziest Idol Video and Cheeziest Justin Timberlake video. There will also be a new feature called Cheeze Dips.

Source: TatySite.net (by material of InterMedia and chartattack.com)

fu**ed up right? Squint
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 4:29 pm
Torico

Post subject: Reply with quote
Mmm cheeze dips.

Click The Banner For My Lena Katina Fansite
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 4:40 pm
Breezay

lol,
They basically slag on every single pop act in the industry... Don't take it seriously...

I am Canadian and I don't think they're ridiculous! Grin

Thanks to YRX for da banner :D
"Father considers, that the future trade of the daughter (she studies as the psychologist in the Moscow State University) helps her to resist to temptations of unisex love."
visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 4:42 pm
Trunkster

I'm not quite sure if I would want Tatu to win that..
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 4:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mal_chic_gey

Alrighty.. It's much music... Honestly MTV is way better.. No one cares what Much Music thinks.. HA... North America's just jealous that they couldn't have made a band like t.A.T.u which KICKS ASS. Also a band who millions of people love and probably the band with the most scandals! Woot Go t.A.T.u!
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 8:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fibi

Well I think it sounds hilarious, and fromage is a funny word.Thumb
I have to visit Canada one day.
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 9:18 pm
SMLtATuSML

Blame Canda!!! Grin Smile
PostSun Dec 21, 2003 11:19 pm
sweetLena

what makes them nominated as The Most Ridiculous Band Of The Year ? Half Frown
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 12:10 am
Towelieness

LOL Canadians Rolleyes ... That's all I have to say about that..
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 12:18 am
Alastair

sweetLena wrote:
what makes them nominated as The Most Ridiculous Band Of The Year ? Half Frown

hmm it's pretty funny when you think about it seriously.... Hmmm laugh
like making up the lesbian image and all that shit.
and then getting caught out on so many occasions
and then to finally admit it.
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 12:50 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arc421x

Quote:
North America's just jealous that they couldn't have made a band like t.A.T.u which KICKS ASS.

That basicaly sums up this entire thread , if you ask me ;)

Any misinterpritation , and(or) 'bad mouthing' can be acredited to this , is my opinion.
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 12:53 am
idioteque

Haha! I dunno if I'd be so quick to say Canada is officially part of America, now... Wink hehe 'I keed, I keed'. Grin

Bwaha! And as far as Fromage goes:

Fromage is good...FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Idio
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 1:40 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eidolon

Well, speaking as a Canadian, I think Much Music has become boring and meaningless. Sleep
As far as being jealous, yeah, you bet they are!
I bet those xenophobic suits in the American (and probably the U.K.) music industry peed their pants when the girls first performed in the U.S. They just can't accept the idea of a foreigner creating an original formula for a musical group before themselves. Which is also another possible explanation for the smear campaign against t.A.T.u. Tongue

Theres more to this kind of camouflage
More than just colour and shape
The Chauffeur ~ DURAN DURAN
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 3:36 am
sk8er_brat_19

OK OK.. Half Frown take it easy on the canadians!! it's not our fault that Rolleyes ED(the host of fromage) nominated tatu for that.. Thumb I LIKE TATU!! so.. yea.. not all canadians don't like tatu.. and for the chick that said muchmusic sucked..SCREW YOU MAN!! MUCHMUSIC RULES!!! if you disagree so much then vote for senorita.. god i hate that song..

but there is somehting kinda cool.. there kickin ass on the most shocking kiss of 2003 at mtv.. vote if you want>> http://www.mtv.com/onair/new_years_eve/2003/2003_faves_polls/index.jhtml?poll=10
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 4:03 am
alight

Squint
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 5:16 am
tatufever

Squint er.. not too happy about this news..

but yep.. u just can't deny that their management is rely ridiculous
when they hv a chanced to go on the top, they chose to cancel shows and let themselves dropped to the bottom..

but as a tatu fans, i still hv to say this --> :madfinger:
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 10:06 am
Abe

Oh, no wonder.. it's ED the sock Rolleyes Bah, he's always talking sh*t. It's all that puppet knows. Luckily, I no longer receive that channel. Haven't had it in about 2 to 3 years. Now that I look back, don't miss it a bit either.

In my opinion, Fuse TV(formally know as Much Music USA) is better than all those other music channels :)

†††Abe†††
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 11:36 am
Towelieness

Eidolon wrote:

I bet those xenophobic suits in the American (and probably the U.K.) music industry peed their pants when the girls first performed in the U.S. They just can't accept the idea of a foreigner creating an original formula for a musical group before themselves. Which is also another possible explanation for the smear campaign against t.A.T.u. Tongue

Since when has the American music industry ever bad-mouthed t.A.T.u. (I'm not talking about "The Calling" because they really don't count for shit)? Was it not an American company who signed them? And American promoters who made them a huge success in this country? So what smear campaign are you talking about, exactly? If I remember correctly this thread is about the Canadians putting t.A.T.u. down.. and it was the British that banned them in their country, not the Americans.
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 2:00 pm
tatyshki

I miss much music.....Now the channel it was on is FUSE......anyways....Nothing should be taken seriously from MuchMusic.
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 2:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris p

Towelieness wrote:

...and it was the British that banned them in their country, not the Americans.

We didn't ban them.We just got hysterical and then ignored them.That's the media for ya. Wink
PostMon Dec 22, 2003 2:43 pm
Eidolon

chris p wrote:
Towelieness wrote:

...and it was the British that banned them in their country, not the Americans.

We didn't ban them.We just got hysterical and then ignored them.That's the media for ya. Wink

Actually the Americans were much more quiet and sophisticated than the Brits, at disposing of them. The U.K. method seemed crude e.g. the tabloids and then there was the accusations of "paedo pop", which made them look like a bunch of homophobic troglodytes, and then an actual ban. Yes, the American method was to ignore them rather than ban them, although the result was the same. The most notable example of this being the infamous Madonna, Britney kiss at the MTV VMA. It was an obvious t.A.T.u. rip off, yet absolutly no refference was ever made to t.A.T.u. as being the inspiration for that performance in any interview done with Madonna or Britney in either the U.S. or Canada. I had seen an interview done with Madonna on Opera, nothing, then one with Britney on Much Music, once again, nothing. Perhaps a coconspiricy as I think the Canadian music industry is heavily influenced by the Americans. But the American (and probably Canadian) music industries motives were territorial as it has become very protectionistic over the last decade (wanting to keep the money in the U.S. is the main one) and most non American artists have said that it has become much more difficult to get airplay for their songs in the U.S. than it was in the past, like in the 80s or earlier. Just because most foreign artists are signed to contracts with American based record companies doesn't mean they automatically get airplay in the U.S. Smile

PostMon Dec 22, 2003 4:29 pm
Troika

Whats with all this blame game shit all of the sudden.

As for this new news, big deal Hmmm laugh
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 12:51 am
manca

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 1:56 pm
PIXIE2PIXIE

oh well, its only more publicity! Rolleyes

pix

"Our songs are not silly.t.A.T.u is more sincere,more honest about ourselves.We don't shape ourselves for the audience.In Russia,life is not polite.If we don't like something,we say we don't like it.If we don't agree,we say'fuck you.'"-Elena
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 2:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Breezay

Just to reitirate...

This is a parody show, it basically slags EVERY SINGLE pop act in the industry... This includes Britney "I kissed Madonna" Spears, Justin "Britney broke my heart" Timberlake, Madonna "I kissed Britney" Ciccone, Christina "I diss EVERYONE" Aguilera, Jessica "I'm freakin stupid" Simpson and anyone else who has used something other than the music itself to sell records, wouldn't you agree that t.A. "we are lesbians" T.u. fits into this category? If they WEREN'T on this show, then I'd be afraid. It's worse to be forgotten than slagged in this industry, is it not?

"Father considers, that the future trade of the daughter (she studies as the psychologist in the Moscow State University) helps her to resist to temptations of unisex love."
visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 3:43 pm
layzie

okay, Fromage 2003 has a category called "Cheeziest Video of the Year", not "Most Ridiculous Band", unless I don't know something that others claim another thing. I like this year-end show cuz it's funny, although I feel a little uncomfortable hearing ATTSS while the show's commercial is aired.
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 3:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nassf

Most rediculous band of the year??? Confused Hopefully tATu will be the first to be mentioned (which is a GOOD thing, if they count from the mildest 100 to the wildest 1). Betta get the 9...
PostWed Dec 24, 2003 7:32 pm
Flare

im Canadian and i do know some people who do like them here but they have never been here so the publicity here isn't very good. Much music sucks also i have to order mtv as an extra channel on my tv cause much music has gotten so bad. I wouldn't take it to mean much as breezay said its basically bashing everyone.

Rolling, and throwing, consoling. Everything that goes this far. Joking and hoping, revolting. All
that sh*t that's who you are. Hoping, and
scolding, revolving. Peel it back, reveal the scar. Loathing, exploding, controlling. This is what
you really are.

Thanks Karo for the banner
PostWed Dec 24, 2003 11:35 pm
tatufever

Breezay wrote:
Just to reitirate...

This is a parody show, it basically slags EVERY SINGLE pop act in the industry... This includes Britney "I kissed Madonna" Spears, Justin "Britney broke my heart" Timberlake, Madonna "I kissed Britney" Ciccone, Christina "I diss EVERYONE" Aguilera, Jessica "I'm freakin stupid" Simpson and anyone else who has used something other than the music itself to sell records, wouldn't you agree that t.A. "we are lesbians" T.u. fits into this category? If they WEREN'T on this show, then I'd be afraid. It's worse to be forgotten than slagged in this industry, is it not?

:yeahthat:
u are so right that it is better to be teased than to be forgotten
PostThu Dec 25, 2003 1:18 am
Piccillo

didnt read more then the first post (first time here in months..and im lazy!!) anyway....

I'm canadian, i happen to think t.A.T.u is NOT a joke, or whatever...
i saw this ad on TV, and heard tatu...thats why i listened to the ad on TV, then realized its "why music sucks" im like..basterds!!! (the last lil clip thing they show is lena and yulia kissing in there ATTSS video) *shrug*

but yes, it will pretty much poke fun at all the pop star's of the day, such as JT..christina auguliera and brittany spears, madonna might not be able to get away with the kissing stunt at whatever award show it was either, mebbie even get the host (is it ed the sock?) to make the link between some stars...such as the maddona/brittany/tina kiss, or...less popular...when pink licked the cheek of her female dancer partner at the whatever award show where tatu had a buncha other chicks come out, take off their cloths and make out o.O haha

Thanks to Karo for the Avitar/Sig!!
PostThu Dec 25, 2003 11:38 pm
Eidolon

Well it now seems that mocking anybody and everybody has become flavour of the moment programing at Much Music and Much More Music (well at least as far as holliday programing goes). Now t.A.T.u. have also been featured/dissed on another show called "One Hit Wonders". It's said that the ATTSS video is filled with cliches such as; rain, school uniforms and lesbian kissing. Rolleyes
On that last one i'm just a little bit confused Confused but just exactly when did lesbian kissing become a music video cliche? Tongue

PostFri Dec 26, 2003 1:45 am
0newinged

Here's the transcript... sorry for spelling mistakes Smile

ED The Sock: There's another definition of collaberation... basically teaming up to work against the best interests of your fellow citizens.
Well, These two girls certainly fit the definition. I can't call them women, because they aren't yet... I can't call them ladies, because they arent, and I can't call them artists because they're no more artist then the guy who paints bull fights on black velvet..

Yes, I'm talking about Tatu.. funny they chose a name that sounds like a permanent mark because these two could wash off in water, and in their videos are frequently wet.. they haven't got a significant body of work, or significant bodies, but we couldn't let the year go by without giving Tatu honorable mention for their contribution to chesse culture!

<"Salute to Tatu" sign>

<NGGU video starts>

Well here's an auspicious beginning, forshadowing that the video's gonna be an inditeable offence. It starts with the girls running away from their summer jobs as candy stripers at a Siberian goulog . I know they're supposed to be allegedly in peril, but I don't get any real sense of fear until.. now. Oh my god my ears are bleeding! Their voices have the quiality of screaching tires... they probably sent dogs howling in a 40 mile radius!

Speaking of dogs, which are known to lick each other in private places, that's how these two girls got famous... riding high on the idiot male fascination with lesbians.. as if... These two fo-hoe's havent convinced me! Sure they've kissed eachother, but so what! They're both pretty girls...if one of them gets busy with Rosie O'donnel.. now thats commitment!!

Look at this poor smuck.. not only does he get killed on a wide open, deserted strech of road, he has to list a Tatu video on his resume!!

Yep, the truck barrelling along knocking over everyone in its path... it's remeniscient of the classic scene from the Mad Max movie The Road Warrior... minus everything else from The Road Warrior.

And in keeping with the ladys' school girl images, this looks like it was shot as part of a school project.... the quality of the image is poor and grainy... if I'm gonna watch a video with a pic that's this poor quality, at least have Paris Hilton in it!!

But the worst thing about this video is after you've made it through this far, you have to do it all over again!!! It's like the Groundhog Day of crap!!! And after they've rewinded it once, they do it again!!! Whats the matter? Couldn't afford to shoot a proper video? No matter how many times they rewind the tape, I'm still not getting those moments of my life back!!!

Oh for God sakes!!... all we hear over and over is... they're not gonna get us, they're not gonna get us!!! They've gone through this thing three times already, at what point do they realize: no one's chasing them!!!!

They're like the Thelma and Louise of teenage phony lesbians.... but unlinke Thelma and Louise, we don't get the satisfaction of seeing them go over a cliff...

<ATTSS plays>

Alright, this video's the one that got them most of their attention, and it features some of the hallmarks of cheese.... wet girls, wet girls rubbing togeather.. wet girls kissing... notice the common denominator: wet girls!

Running through your head... I think I know what's running through the crowd's head.... why aren't these girls getting out of the rain??

Hey! it looks like this girl want to join them!

Cue the kissing!!

I guess we're supposed to get the idea that the girls are being locked away and persecuted for being lesbians?! I mean look at all the high fencing and the forbidding surroundings... In Russia that may be a prison, but in America it's an inner city public school!

Oh! I guess we aren't trapped after all! I mean... we tried the other three walls?? Idiots... I guess they confused the Russian wet tee shirt contest for a metephor...

::Transcript by 0newinged::
PostSat Dec 27, 2003 7:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Breezay

BAHAHAHAAHAHA... I'm sorry, I thought it was funny...

But that wasn't half as bad as the stuff he said about Britney, Madonna (referring to Britney as her "hip" replacement), and Christina Aguilera...

Maybe we should get the transcript for the rest of these before we go on slamming Ed :P

visit www.tatyak.com!!
PostSat Dec 27, 2003 10:21 pm
RowerB

That was really good. Thanks 0newinged.
PostSun Dec 28, 2003 2:09 am
Eidolon

It was a good show. Thumb There was no shortage of performers to satirize this year, considering that just about everything released this year was either borring or obnoxious. Squint Actually they could have saved themselves a lot of time by just simply satirizing the entire corporate music industry. Rolleyes As far as the honorable mention bit on t.A.T.u. goes, I found it a bit predictable but i'll give it a 3 out of 5. The overall fromage grande winner was, "Me Against The Music" but once again they failed to call the Madonna, Britney tete-a-tete a t.A.T.u. ripoff. Pffft Like, come on guys, once again they ignored the obvious. Tongue Grin

PostMon Dec 29, 2003 2:49 am
nunzilla

but unlike Thelma and Louise, we don't get the satisfaction of seeing them go over a cliff...

*bites lip and tries to be serious*

*fails horribly and bursts out laughing*

Oh that makes my night...prodding at taty in good fun :)

Nunzilla

PostMon Dec 29, 2003 5:24 am
DeletedMemory

And I thought I was gonna be mad at the host for calling tatu idiots... Grin
PostTue Dec 30, 2003 7:13 pm
mal_chic_gey

I emailed much music telling them to do reseach before they bad mouth t.A.T.u everything said wasn't even true.. Pfft.. shows what they know..
PostSun Jan 04, 2004 3:02 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tatu Forum Index -> Tatu News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: